Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian (25873 Views)

Khadijah Iliya: Damagum Daughter's Wedding Fatiha (Pictures) / Photo Of Iliya Ibrahim Achukwu, NSCDC Officer Killed At Kuje Prison / Rhoda Iliya: FG Can Not Afford ₦300 Billion N-Power Beneficiaries’ Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by seunmsg(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
haaryobhami:
u really have u head far up hausa/Fulani people ass .
omashe oh

Hypocrites like you who can never be objective even for once are the problem of Nigeria. If you want a better life and a prosperous country, learn to speak truth to all sides. It will help you a lot in life. Just an advice.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by seunmsg(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eriokanmi:
was the cross river pesin too a Muslim as the gombe madam be Christian?

One is a tribal bigot while the other is a religious bigot. We must condemn both for bigotry. Excusing one and condemning the other is hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by fergie001: 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
chloride6:

Allow me to refer you to the 2012 Osun State CJ issue where the NJC rejected the list of nominees sent and asked for the name of the most senior judge in the state to be sent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/njc-vs-aregbesola-osun-to-reject-cjs-choice/amp/

Last Last,

Gombe wont have a chief judge
A Court of Appeal Judgement by Mohammed Garba (JCA at the time) on December 23, 2015 has voided it.

“In the later provisions, the 2nd respondent (RSJSC) is to advise the 4th respondent (NJC) on ‘suitable persons’ for nomination to the office of the Chief Judge of the state and in the earlier provisions, the 4th respondent (NJC) is to recommend to the 1st respondent (the governor) from the list of persons submitted to it by the 2nd respondent ‘person for appointment’ to the office of the Chief Judge of the state.

“It is therefore beyond reasonable argument that in the nomination of a person to the 1st respondent for the appointment in question, the 4th respondent is only bound to do so from the list of suitable persons submitted to it by the 2nd respondent and no more.

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/constraints-on-governors-in-appointing-a-chief-judge/%3famp=1]PUNCH [/url]

So, the NJC will go ahead.

PS: The link you sent, Aregbesola submitted three names.

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by chloride6: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
fergie001:

A Court of Appeal Judgement by Mohammed Garba (JCA at the time) on December 23, 2015 has voided it.

“In the later provisions, the 2nd respondent (RSJSC) is to advise the 4th respondent (NJC) on ‘suitable persons’ for nomination to the office of the Chief Judge of the state and in the earlier provisions, the 4th respondent (NJC) is to recommend to the 1st respondent (the governor) from the list of persons submitted to it by the 2nd respondent ‘person for appointment’ to the office of the Chief Judge of the state.

“It is therefore beyond reasonable argument that in the nomination of a person to the 1st respondent for the appointment in question, the 4th respondent is only bound to do so from the list of suitable persons submitted to it by the 2nd respondent and no more.

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/constraints-on-governors-in-appointing-a-chief-judge/%3famp=1]PUNCH [/url]

So, the NJC will go ahead.

Oya na here we go dey...

NJC no go respond to the list last last..
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
Aaronzy:
Just as some states in the southern part of the country and middle belt won't let a Muslim hold such position, same way some states in the North West and North East won't also allow a christain hold such position

So don't come here and spew trash.. cos u just a hypocrite

List the States in southern, who the judge will qualify and in which they won't recommend him or her on the basis of religion alone.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by mnwogu(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:
The governor of Cross River did something similar and got away with it. Another governor is doing it because there was no national outcry over the Cross River situation. If Ayade was not allowed to stop the most senior and NJC recommended judge from assuming the office of chief judge of Cross River, his Gombe counterpart won’t be trying the same nonsense.

In another interpretation, Zamfara State seized their gold and got away with it. Another state or states can still seize their crude oil without public or govt outcry abi? Abeg make una clear for road joor.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by divinitybillz(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Sister in the Lord! Ignore them! If them like, let dem Appoint! If them no like let them keep it!

The Chief Judge of the universe, JESUS Christ is Patiently waiting for them..
HE does not do Partiality! HE is not Tribalistic and all that..
HE will render to Everyone According to their Doings..

YOUR POSTS ARE LEGENDARY.... IN CHRIS WE GOT EVERYTHING..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Righteousness89(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
divinitybillz:

YOUR POSTS ARE LEGENDARY.... IN CHRIS WE GOT EVERYTHING..
Absolutely My Brother

2 Likes

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by fergie001: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
chloride6:

Oya na here we go dey...

NJC no go respond to the list last last..
I hope you are right.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by God1stson(m): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Edolor:
Nigeria was not made to be one, it can never be one, nigeria is going to break up sooner than later mark my words.
U can say that again. Nigeria is a radiative element, she will keep on undergoing spontaneous reaction until it attains stability. Meanwhile, her half life will continue to decay as time passes by until it reaches is minimum stable state. Those in physics knows that this is a natural occurance that is attained with time.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by ogmask: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:
The governor of Cross River did something similar and got away with it. Another governor is doing it because there was no national outcry over the Cross River situation. If Ayade was not allowed to stop the most senior and NJC recommended judge from assuming the office of chief judge of Cross River, his Gombe counterpart won’t be trying the same nonsense.

It actually started in rivers state when Jonathan and Wike used the njc to impose their candidate when amaechi was gov
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by fergie001: 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
ogmask:

It actually started in rivers state when Jonathan and Wike used the njc to impose their candidate when amaechi was gov
It was Amaechi who imposed Agumagu.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by naijadrivablog: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2020
Oh, you don't know that from Abuja to Nasarawa and the core north that Christians are not well treated
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Eriokanmi: 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:

One is an tribal bigot while the other is a religious bigot. We must condemn both for bigotry. Excusing one and condemning the other is hypocrisy.
lol. I thought you were going to say the judge was disqualified on religious grounds as well cos i remember the story of the cross river's judge very well. The scenarios are not same as you can see.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Yus2020: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Anybody who will vote for Apc in 2023 need to be check Apc never again
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Olatlaccon(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2020
this is so bad where are we going in this country why would they remove them...cos they Christians? so what? I was also shock wen I was disqualified from an interview after passing through most of the panels cos I'm a Muslim... can't we live each and respect each other... religion doesn't have to be involved in everything...I tire for this country and the world we live in now
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by seunmsg(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eriokanmi:
lol. I thought you were going to say the judge was disqualified on religious grounds as well cos i remember the story of the cross river's judge very well. The scenarios are not same as you can see.

The scenario do not have to be exactly the same. My point is that two judges were denied what is due to them merit wise by their respective governors. One based on tribe and the other based on religion. Both are condemnable.

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Carlylepneuma: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Continue fallin for all dis media lies and be makin a fool out of ur selves..
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by lastempero: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
Okuda:

nobody no talk say ni be them dey cause alot of nonsense. i dey ask you, wetin u talk and the topic correlate?

Maybe u just came across the word 'correlate' and feeling excited about it without seeing it in action with the statement i issued out as regards to the topic in question. Let me clear you small.

If judges where up and doing in performing their duty by not allowing the executives get away with their excesses, the executive will not go to this length of bending rules to suit themselves. The same scenario played out in cross river where the governor is the one choosing the state judge. The executive is not empowered to the that. Does that make sense to u now? If you still dont see how the statement is related to the topic then we need to knack hammer for that your head.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by lilfresh96(m): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2020
the idea of marginalizing Christians in Bauchi/Gombe started since the creation of gombe state .

Bauchi south and gombe South Hass more Christians dominating LGA's, so that's the reason why Katagum zone(North of Bauchi )wass not giving the state then, because if the state wass giving to Katagum, then Bauchi whould have been Christian dominated state ,

so I want to remind our Southern counterparts that 'action is better than perfectinon '

so the idea that is working here is divide and rule policy
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Pio44: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
They should divide this country Muslim go one side, Christian go the other side, weather Hausa, Igbo. Yoruba ,Nigeria will better
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by progressing(m): 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2020
Aaronzy:
Just as some states in the southern part of the country and middle belt won't let a Muslim hold such position, same way some states in the North West and North East won't also allow a christain hold such position

So don't come here and spew trash.. cos u just a hypocrite

Example pls and proof?
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Hassanmaye(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
GIdiata:

Oga Righteousness, this your comment is a big shame and a slap to Christains.
Y are you double faced? are you sure you are truly a Christian or you are just a HYPOCRITE?

I SEE/READ UR POST WHERE YOji nU SUPPORT/LOVE TRUMP ON THE BASIS THAT TO YOU, HE FIGHTS FOR CHRISTAINS.

BUT HERE YOU ARE ASKING HER TO IGNORE THEM. WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

WHY NOT ADVICE TRUMP TO IGNORE THEM?
WHY NOT ADVICE CHRISTAINS IN NIGERIA ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTH TO IGNORE BOKO HARAM AND LET THEM BE KILLED AT WILL?

SHAME ON YOU BRO. IT'S REALLY PATHETIC READING THIS COMMENT FROM YOU. A SUPPOSED MOUTHPIECE OF CHRISTAINS

Very religious bigot people .

1 Like

Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by haaryobhami: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Hypocrites like you who can never be objective even for once are the problem of Nigeria. If you want a better life and a prosperous country, learn to speak truth to all sides. It will help you a lot in life. Just an advice.
Nigeria would never work so far one tribe thinks they are superior over other tribe.
ur own definition of objective is supporting any evil from this administration,this evening around 4pm gbajabiamila security personnel shot a newspaper vendor in d head twice at eagle square and I witness it.
defending things like that is ur definition of objective
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Punstar: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nemere2020:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/19/most-senior-lawyer-gombe-excluded-chief-judge-nominees-list-being-christian
No justice nor fairness even in the Judiciary.
Won't such Commissioner of Justice/AG of the State influence judicial principles, procedures and outcomes??
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Osashalom: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nemere2020:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/11/19/most-senior-lawyer-gombe-excluded-chief-judge-nominees-list-being-christian
God bless you for speaking out my sister.
By this time December 2020 you are the CJ of gombe state in Jesus name amen.
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by FEGNO: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
This is a State that a few years ago was 50% Christian
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by jaydor: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
U no go hear mumuric prof. voice now!!
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Hassanmaye(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
brexit:
The Northern part always promotes mediocrity from primary school level to different facets of life

That is why you see half baked graduates as a result of quota system and federal Character syndrome

A professor in the North is equivalent to a headmaster in the south

Let us be guided accordingly
You are mad I swear you think Nigeria is 1960's now baby you better wake up. Even in 60's tafawa balewa was the best speaker in Africa according to the British, wawa kawai
Re: Justice Beatrice Iliya Excluded From Gombe CJ-Nominee List For Being A Christian by Hassanmaye(m): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kestolove:
Until muslim can also be a chief judge in jos or ekiti, u should shut d fvck up

God bless you let the bigotry continue if there is no justice in Nigerian system then we are in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seun Kuti: I Was A Fool When I Campaigned For Tinubu In 1999 / Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed Spent N1.1 Billion On Choice Properties In Abuja / Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.