Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist (1615 Views)

How To Convince An Atheist That God Exists / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by EBeThings: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
Can a believer ever convince an atheist that God truly exists.. cuz those folks will give you thousands reasons for them not to believe in God
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
No. A believer would have to provide proof of its existence first. And if a supposed atheist eventually believes in a god, he/she is doing that in faith, not because some sort of evidence was provided.
Believing in a god is just like believing in Santa Claus. They don't exist.

7 Likes

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Jones4190(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
We may convince an atheist. As human beings we should be thankful to God for arranging beautiful life on Earth for us. So it should be our moral duty to introduce God to someone who don't believe in his existence.
We can convince an atheist with philosophical, scientific, historical and moral argumentation. First we should observe on what ground he/she is denying God. For example, atheist use scientific argumentation, then we should have given strong scientific evidences for the existence of God which are in abundance. If atheist believe in philosophy more then we should use philosophical argumentation rather scientific or theological arguments. If someone is on wrong path...we should try to take him on right path. It is not matter of forcing an opinion on another but it is matter of saying right to right one or wrong to wrong one.

1 Like

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jones4190:
We may convince an atheist. As human beings we should be thankful to God for arranging beautiful life on Earth for us. So it should be our moral duty to introduce God to someone who don't believe in his existence.
We can convince an atheist with philosophical, scientific, historical and moral argumentation. First we should observe on what ground he/she is denying God. For example, atheist use scientific argumentation, then we should have given strong scientific evidences for the existence of God which are in abundance. If atheist believe in philosophy more then we should use philosophical argumentation rather scientific or theological arguments. If someone is on wrong path...we should try to take him on right path. It is not matter of forcing an opinion on another but it is matter of saying right to right one or wrong to wrong one.

Laughable.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by jcross19: 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Laughable.
If Gods' existence can be proved then is no more God but an idol!!!.let me tell you one thing: God created the universe like a puzzles and hide clue of His existence inside these puzzles.. Until the puzzles are unraveled you can't know where God is but is inside the puzzles that's is in you,in me and everything He created.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
jcross19:
If Gods' existence can be proved then is no more God but an idol!!!.let me tell you one thing: God created the universe like a puzzles and hide clue of His existence inside these puzzles.. Until the puzzles are unraveled you can't know where God is but is inside the puzzles that's is in you,in me and everything He created.

Yeah genius, I can say the same of Santa Klaus.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
EBeThings:
Can a believer ever convince an atheist that God truly exists.. cuz those folks will give you thousands reasons for them not to believe in God
Why would youu want to engage in suchh futility as one who believes? undecided

Why not instead followw the lead of the Spirit of God in these things hy going only to those He sends you to go to and saying only that which He tells you to, just as He did with the apostles? undecided
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by jcross19: 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah genius, I can say the same of Santa Klaus.
Am not asking you to believe because your type have been existed for over 2700 years ago, your type is the reason bible say fool says there is no God in his heart, meaning there were many people during those period that particular verse was written. So, your type will surely comes up in the future...it's normal.

1 Like

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2020
jcross19:
Am not asking you to believe because your type have been existed for over 2700 years ago, your type is the reason bible say fool says there is no God in his heart, meaning there were many people during those period that particular verse was written. So, your type will surely comes up in the future...it's normal.

Yeah and there were also people who existed way before that book was even written. So what's your point. cheesy
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Jedalord: 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
The kingdom of God is not in words alone but in power. Except they are converted by the Lord of the harvest nothing can bring anyone to know him. But deep down they are hearing the call

I love you

2 Likes

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by eviana3(f): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
OP,

Realistically speaking, "no" we cannot.
I get what Jonas4190 said and I also like what the poster above me, Jedalord, said.
However, it would take the work of a surrendered heart and the prompting, leading and conviction of the Holy Spirit to change a hardened heart.
We, believers, "plant the seed", and the Holy Spirit "waters it"....to those who desire truth.

All the philosophical, scientific-based, evidence in the world will NOT convince someone who has chosen to rebel and NOT believe by faith (because it has a huge role to play also).

Aside from you (if you are a believer), me and the two guys that I mentioned above (which I assume are believers), the rest on this thread--the "free-thinkers"--have all stated that they cannot be convinced so they want to be left alone.
One has to vigorously fight against and discredit an Authority (despite a certain degree of evidence) when one wants to live his/her life in any way, shape or form without any accountability.

All one can do at that point is to pray for these souls that they experience the Lord in the most beautiful way and surrender before it's too late.
We are to continue preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to those who are open to hearing, praying and studying the Word to learn about Him.

1 Like

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by DrLiveLogic(m): 12:39am On Nov 20, 2020
If you can, just show them their stupidity and if they are still unwilling to be reasonable, wish them the best and move on.

kingxsamz:
No. A believer would have to provide proof of its existence first. And if a supposed atheist eventually believes in a god, he/she is doing that in faith, not because some sort of evidence was provided.
Hey, genius, I can give a list of five things you not only believe in, but relate with everyday without being able to prove their existence to yourself or anyone, but you've not been smart enough to notice.
1.) Your thoughts
2.)Your guilty feelings and conscience...
Ask me for more
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Dollywood(m): 1:40am On Nov 20, 2020
DrLiveLogic:
If you can, just show them their stupidity and if they are still unwilling to be reasonable, wish them the best and move on.

Hey, genius, I can give a list of five things you not only believe in, but relate with everyday without being able to prove their existence to yourself or anyone, but you've not been smart enough to notice.
1.) Your thoughts
Ask me for more

I can't believe religion made you this stupid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 1:56am On Nov 20, 2020
DrLiveLogic:

1.) Your thoughts
Ask me for more

Lol, very Poor attempt at trying to prove your god's existence. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:00am On Nov 20, 2020
EBeThings:
Yes. But the power of the Holy Ghost. It has happened before here in NL religious section, and it would still happen again!

God bless.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 4:57am On Nov 20, 2020
By 99%, Never! Because, to accept that God Rules means all their dreams and hopes end.

And when their dreams terminate, they begin to die and feel like dying and that is not a feeling that they would like to experience again.

So, generally even if you put the Proof and Evidence into their mouths, like a sick child to medicine, they will vomit it.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:01am On Nov 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

I have Severally Provided irreubatable and irrefutable Proof and None of you could Answer nor Rebut!
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 5:07am On Nov 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I have Severally Provided irreubatable and irrefutable Proof and None of you could Answer nor Rebut!

If it's your Jehovah witness mumbo jumbo, please keep it. Even your fellow Christians won't agree with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:23am On Nov 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

If it's your Jehovah witness mumbo jumbo, please keep it. Even your fellow Christians won't agree with you.

My Christians did agree with me, and No, I do not Practice nor accept the doctrines of those who dub themselves Jehovah's witness, that would be Max and co.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 5:27am On Nov 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

My Christians did agree with me, and No, I do not Practice nor accept the doctrines of those who dub themselves Jehovah's witness, that would be Max and co.

Oh... Yeah max...
Can't tell the difference between both of you.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:43am On Nov 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Oh... Yeah max...
Can't tell the difference between both of you.

There is, but because of your own position, we would naturally be opponents against you.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 5:45am On Nov 20, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

There is, but because of your own position, we would naturally be opponents against you.
grin lol true.
Anyhow sha...
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:55am On Nov 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin lol true.
Anyhow sha...

grin True!!!
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:11am On Nov 20, 2020
There are two types of Atheists, the first are those who don't want to live a life of restraint for any reason, they just want absolutely freedom in order not to be under any guidance.
The second are those who want to know why there is suffering and why God has not solve the problems (if truly God exists) once they're able to get convincing answers to their questions they'll become believers as well.
So while the second type of atheists are redeemable, the first set just want absolutely freedom therefore no matter what you say, they'll never reason with you.

EBeThings:

1 Like

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by DrLiveLogic(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2020
Dollywood:

I can't believe religion made you this stupid.
Yet you weren't smart enough to show us the stupidity you speak of. LMAO!, like you could ever.

And just so you know, you won't become any smarter by going around calling people stupid even when you can't prove it for obvious reasons but you would if you start to use your god-given brain to think. Just try it and see for yourself.

kingxsamz:

Lol, very Poor attempt at trying to prove your god's existence. cheesy
The point friend, in case you missed it is you really can't 'prove' everything you actually believe in and that truth, you can't deny. So if you're waiting for someone to prove god to you, they may have to first be able to show you tangibly, your own thoughts and emotions you believe are real, so you might wait your whole life in vain and end up fooling yourself.

However, consciousness recognises all of reality, whether tangible (like rocks and trees) or intangible,(thoughts, emotions and god). Go figure this out: "I am conscious, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes.
Start building your life on consciousness and stop hypocritically acting like proof of reality lies only in materiality.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 11:53am On Nov 20, 2020
DrLiveLogic:

Yet you weren't smart enough to show us the stupidity you speak of. LMAO!, like you could ever.

And just so you know, you won't become any smarter by going around calling people stupid even when you can't prove it for obvious reasons but you would if you start to use your god-given brain to think. Just try it and see for yourself.

The point friend, in case you missed it is you really can't 'prove' everything you actually believe in and that truth, you can't deny. So if you're waiting for someone to prove god to you, they may have to first be able to show you tangibly, your own thoughts and emotions you believe are real, so you might wait your whole life in vain and end up fooling yourself.

However, consciousness recognises all of reality, whether tangible (like rocks and trees) or intangible,(thoughts, emotions and god). Go figure this out: "I am conscious, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes.
Start building your life on consciousness and stop hypocritically acting like proof of reality lies only in materiality.

Once again, very poor attempt at trying to prove your god's existence. When you're ready let me know.

1 Like

Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by GodWrites: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
Of course, if you have proof of your claims.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by GodWrites: 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
There are two types of Atheists, the first are those who don't want to live a life of restraint for any reason, they just want absolutely freedom in order not to be under any guidance.
The second are those who want to know why there is suffering and why God has not solve the problems (if truly God exists) once they're able to get convincing answers to their questions they'll become believers as well.
So while the second type of atheists are redeemable, the first set just want absolutely freedom therefore no matter what you say, they'll never reason with you.

An atheist is one who doesn't believe in the existence of God for lack of empirical evidence.

Someone who doesn't believe in the existence of God due to suffering, or perhaps hate toward God isn't regarded as an atheist, but a misotheist instead.

Please be guarded!
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
It's possible and it does happen.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
GodWrites:

An atheist is one who doesn't believe in the existence of God for lack of empirical evidence.

Someone who doesn't believe in the existence of God due to suffering, or perhaps hate toward God isn't regarded as an atheist, but a misotheist instead.

Please be guarded!
ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
Therefore, it's impossible for NOTHING to exist before or after or alongside ANYTHING.
It's also impossible for God(s)/The so-called Divine Creators to exist.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by GodWrites: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
HellVictorinho:

ANYTHING can exist in infinite forms.
Therefore, it's impossible for NOTHING to exist before or after or alongside ANYTHING.
It's also impossible for God(s)/The so-called Divine Creators to exist.

Of course it's impossible. If God really exist, who created him? This will lead us into infinite regress. Believing such fairytales is a mental illness.
Re: Can A Believer Ever Convince An Atheist by eviana3(f): 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
LordReed:
It's possible and it does happen.

Except for when it pertains to you....? undecided
However, just by you acknowledging that, (which shows a strikingly humane side of you), clearly shows me that there's still that mustard seed of hope....for you in particular.
Hmmm....nevertheless, still praying....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Colonization Of Other Planets (A Problem For Jesus’s Second Coming) / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / 1 Corinthians 14 Explained For Your Benefit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.