Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello (22284 Views)

2023: There Is No Zoning Agreement In APC – Yahaya Bello / Buhari’s Impeachment: More PDP Reps Tackle House Leadership Over Sanction Threat / Wike: One More PDP Governor To Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by odiks: 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, believes more governors from the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will join the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Following the defection of the Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, from the PDP to the APC, Governor Bello stated that the ruling party would welcome nine more governors from the opposition.

“I think probably, I can just give you an expo,” he told Channels Television’s political correspondent Seun Okinbaloye who asked him a series of questions on the latest development when he appeared as a guest on Politics Today on Thursday.

The governor added, “The expo I am going to give to you is that Governor Wike might be the last to join this party – the All Progressives Congress, others are lining up. They will soon be here.”

He commended the decision of the Ebonyi State governor to leave his former party for the APC, saying the defection was a testimony of the progress in the ruling party.

Eight Are Already Knocking

According to Governor Bello, APC is a party that believes in fairness, equity, and justice, with a strong belief in the unity and oneness of the country.

He also believes the party has carried out people-oriented programmes and policies, saying that would encourage more opposition governors to join.

“I said it long ago, not today when the party (PDP) was going through some challenges; I did say that there are 10 governors from the opposition parties that will join APC.

“We have seen one; one that is even as equal as 10, he has joined us, nine to go. Just mark my words; I don’t lie, I will never lie, and I will never deceive anybody,” the Kogi governor stressed.

He added, “Umahi is here with us, more are coming. I am very sure that Governor Wike will be the 10th person (governor) to join the APC, the remaining eight are already knocking, and by the grace of God, we are working all the necessary platform for them to come in here in peace, so they are on their way.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/11/19/umahis-defection-wike-eight-more-pdp-governors-to-join-apc-says-bello/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by kahal29: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Really
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by IamD18: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Yahaya Bello and Femi Adesina keep giving us reason to believe that stupidity and foolishness are intentional and not mistakes.

201 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by helinues: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wike kwa? shocked

6 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Kzinne: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
The youths are taking over. By 2023 by God's grace PDP and APC will be old news

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by donbachi(m): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Bello should run far..cos wike dey come for am.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Cyberterror: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
They are all welcome. The faster PDP dies, the better for Nigeria.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Moferere: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
Yahaya grin grin grin grin

Okene weed at work

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Smellymouth: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lol
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by HundHunter(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
It will be a good development for all them to migrate to APC before 2023.

So that the New Nigerian Youths can take over PDP and use the party platform to take over the government from Buhari and his cronies in the future.

#NewNigerianYouths

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by OfficialAwol(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2020
Since 1998, the Igbo has taken the PDP as home even in the face of the harshest of treatments.

But it's now obvious PDP has become Wike's Franchise.

And Wike has proclaimed he's not Igbo and would rather supervise the massacre of the Igbo.

So right now, death to PDP.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by OfficialAwol(m): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
Since 1998, the Igbo has taken the PDP as home even in the face of the harshest of treatments.

But it's now obvious PDP has become Wike's Franchise.

And Wike has proclaimed he's not Igbo and would rather supervise the massacre of the Igbo.

So right now, death to PDP!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
One have to continue expecting the unexpected when it comes to Nigeria politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by yarimo(m): 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
LOBATAN it is time for INEC to de registered PDP as a political party grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by ursullalinda(f): 6:50am On Nov 20, 2020
Failure of a governor shouting PDP and APC upandan.......don't go and be productive to Kogites smh

1 Like

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Canih28: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2020
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

OK...

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Hisxellency: 6:51am On Nov 20, 2020
I wish them good luck
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Canih28: 6:52am On Nov 20, 2020
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by CalabarPikin: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Hehehe

Yaya

3 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by fasho01(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2020
This talkative on the beat again
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by richie240: 6:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Wise wonz! cheesy grin grin
Whilst dr leaders are busy porting, d hatefilled followers are busy tagging APC "ewedu/Fulani/boko haram" party.

Tell me, who's laffing lass now!
cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by singwa: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Both parties are the same, and they've always been so.

APC = PDP

5 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Baba1234: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2020
It is very obvious at this moment, that PDP and APC are all the same ..what they have been doing is role play...now they are preparing themselves for 2023 cos these two party cannot afford to share votes with a political party that will rise and be accepted by the people...they are re-strategizing against 2023....be wise guys

5 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Wike
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by kambili999(f): 6:55am On Nov 20, 2020
Seems more like count down to me undecided

1 Like

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by thaoriginator: 6:55am On Nov 20, 2020
cheesy

All of them are the same!

The electorate should be wise by now.
Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Wike might join APC .

3 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by GoshenNLA(m): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Let the whole 36 plus FCT join
Who cares?? Birds of a feather....
If any remain in power next election, Na we citizens no know wetin we dey do then

2 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Defection: Wike, Eight More PDP Governors To Join APC - Yahaya Bello by fergie001: 6:57am On Nov 20, 2020
Kuku kill PDP grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP / Impeachment: Tell Us What Governor Fubara Did — Tacha / Lagos Civil Servants Pull Out Of NLC's Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.