Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs (12776 Views)

Islamic Ruling On DNA Testing To Establish Paternity / Islamic Ruling On Family Planning / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by THMT: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2020
UncleSnr:

Thank you for this, you know, if you have never tasted another person's food, you will think that your mom's is the sweetest.

I tell you. Just see an example of what I was saying about imposing religion on some one, I had to swear what I do not believe in or practice and now its on my profile.
All I did was comment and behold, I am now a Muslim which would not have been bad if I had freely accepted it.
Hisbah does not exist any more in Holy Saudi Arabia but they will never tell you this, UAE just legalised alcohol but no big sheikh or popular Muslim cleric can speak against it to avoid being put in their black list thereby killing future plans to grove in Dubai. grin

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Pidginwhisper: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2020
Godchosen001:
Is there no any rulings on forcefully marrying underage girls.
Disregard the swearing on my profile ,I'm not a Muslim and I'll never be one

What op posted is for the poor, you can see the pic below of how pet looks good with Muslim ladies
Here’s their Role model. You shouldn’t b surprised

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Akshow: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2020
JAMO84:
Who's taking care of other animals in the jungle?

Is dog a wild animal? Do need the elementary explanation of domestic and wild animals?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by DryMouth: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:
so obsessed with our Religion ,that means Islam is fast spreading with ultimate SPEED

cheesy

Be deceiving ursef!

6 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by womenareapes: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2020
Realismailakabir:
Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly: 

Islam forbids Muslims to keep dogs, and the punishment for that is that the one who does that loses one or two qiraats from his hasanaat (good deeds) each day. An exception has been made in the case of keeping dogs for hunting, guarding livestock and guarding crops. 

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding, hunting or farming, one qiraat will be deducted from his reward each day.” Narrated by Muslim, 1575. 

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever keeps a dog, except a dog for herding livestock or a dog that is trained for hunting, two qiraats will be deducted from his reward each day.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5163; Muslim, 1574. 

Is it permissible to keep a dog to guard houses? 

Al-Nawawi said: 

There is a difference of opinion as to whether it is permissible to keep dogs for purposes other than these three, such as for guarding houses and roads. The most correct view is that it is permissible, by analogy with these three and based on the reason that is to be understood from the hadeeth, which is necessity. End quote. 

Sharh Muslim, 10/236 

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: 

Based on this, if a house is in the middle of the city there is no need to keep a dog to guard it, so keeping a dog for this purpose in such situations is haraam and is not permitted, and it detracts one or two qiraats from a person’s reward every day. They should get rid of this dog and not keep it. But if the house is in the countryside and there is no one else around, then it is permissible to keep a dog to guard the house and the people who are in it; guarding the members of the household is more important than guarding livestock or crops. End quote. 

Secondly: 

With regard to the words of the questioner, “keeping a dog is naajis”. This is not exactly correct, because the najaasah (impurity) is not in the dog itself, rather it is in its saliva when it drinks from a vessel. If a person touches a dog or a dog touches him, that does not mean that he has to purify himself, whether with soil or water. But if a dog drinks from his vessel, then he has to throw away the water and wash it seven times with water and the eighth time with soil, if he wants to use it. If he makes it just for the dog then he does not have to purify it. 

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil.” Nararted by Muslim, 279. 

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: 

With regard to dogs, there are three views among the scholars: 

1 – That they are taahir (pure), even their saliva. This is the view of Maalik.

2 – That they are naajis (impure), even their hair. This is the view of al-Shaafa’i and is one of the two views narrated from Ahmad.

3 – Their hair is taahir but their saliva is naajis. This is the view of Abu Haneefah and of Ahmad in the other report narrated from him. 

This is the most correct view. So if the wetness of the dog’s hair gets onto one’s garment or body, that does not make it naajis. End quote. 

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/530. 

Elsewhere he said: 

That is because the basic principle is that substances are taahir, and it is not permissible to regard anything as naajis or haraam without evidence, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity?”

[al-An’aam 6:119] 

“And Allaah will never lead a people astray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them as to what they should avoid”

[al-Tawbah 9:115]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The purification of the vessel of one of you, if a dog licks it, is to wash it seven times, the first time with soil” – and in another hadeeth, “If a dog licks a vessel…” All of the ahaadeeth mention licking only; they do not mention any other part of the dog, regarding them as naajis is based only on analogy. 

Moreover, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted a concession allowing people to keep dogs for hunting, herding and farming. The one who keeps them must touch the wetness of their hair, just as happens in the case of mules, donkeys, etc. To suggest that their hair is naajis when touching them cannot be avoided could impose undue hardship, which is not what the Lawgiver intended for this ummah. 

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/217, 218 

To be on the safe side it is better, if a person touches a dog and there is something wet on his hand, or if there is something wet on the dog, to wash his hand seven times, one of which should be with soil. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: 

With regard to touching this dog, if there is no wetness then it does not make the hand naajis, but if he touches it and there is any wetness, then this means that the hand becomes naajis according to the view of many scholars, and the hand must be washed after that seven times, one of which should be with soil. End quote.

Conclusion:

It is not permissible to keep dogs except for hunting or guarding livestock and crops, and it is permissible to keep them for guarding houses so long as that is outside the city and that there is no other means of guarding the house. The Muslim should not imitate the kuffaar by running with the dog or touching its mouth and kissing it, which causes many diseases.

for this pure and perfect sharee’ah, which came to set people’s spiritual and worldly affairs straight, but most people do not realize.

And Allaah knows best.

http://en.mugtama.com/youth/item/13589-keeping-a-dog-touching-it-and-kissing-it.html
so that followers of Muhammed will come my house at night to steal! undecided

dog kill you there

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by doffman: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
so happy to be a part of a religion that has almost destroyed this country and the world at large?
So you're proud to have Shekau and ISIS as your "brethren in the lord"
And you are ready to accept Dubai or Qatar Visa right ?

You and Shekau plus ISIS are the same thing ... You are both unbeliever of true faith .

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by JudasNaCarrot: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:
so obsessed with our Religion ,that means Islam is fast spreading with ultimate SPEED
Yes with speed as you kill for a powerless god who can't even fight for himself. You kill,maim and decapitate your fellow human being just to prove a point in your religion.....

Religion of PISS indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by TruthHurts1(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Well, if you believe mockery is obsession, then you're free to wallow in your ignorance.

ArewaHero:

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by agarawu23(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2020
Okay. I am a Muslim, I have 2 German Shepherd for securing my house and not for pet. It's for guard.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by doffman: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2020
sunshineV:
ruling on keep tiger as pet nko?
Yes.. Tiger and dog belong to the same class of animal .. What applied for dog also applied to tiger .. OK ?

And beside tell me how your religion tell u to do marriage ?
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Emperor4tune(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2020
thanks be to Jesus the christ who took some of this unnecessary laws away,i really wonder how i will have to wash my pot 7 times with water and clay because my dog drank from it..i dont think a busy man like me will have time to observe all these useless laws..grace through Jesus brought salvation & redemption to mankind

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by TruthHurts1(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2020
No headslammer will ever ask himself why their prophet believed that having black skin color or fur colour is associated with evil.

[img]https://images./2Jv2zzlaKAG2oHkgnxCW5B.jpg[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by ArewaHero(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
Yes with speed as you kill for a powerless god who can't even fight for himself. You kill,maim and decapitate your fellow human being just to prove a point in your religion.....

Religion of PISS indeed.
e pain u abi

cheesy
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by hardeytarhyour(m): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Islam doesn't meant for poor or rich, white or Black , IT(ISLAM) IS FOR ALL MUSLIM regardless of your Color, Status Ethnic and Nationality.
However, you don't read the post with Clear even though this Thread is not meant for you but you can gain if you release your mind from Shackles of Boundage and heart from Shackles of Blindness !
Islamially, Dog can be use as means of Security of house(in outside the city ), for Shepherd (for Securing rearing Cattle etc. Like Fulani does) you can use dog to for Hunting (like Hunters does), So those those that will be used proper care and handling, They should be Healthy and Learned one so that is what your friend is paying for but it is not permissible to keep dog just for Petting and Beautification, and if that is what your friend does he is committing Sins
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by hardeytarhyour(m): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=UncleSnr post=96241335]
On a public platform?
No, not General Public platform but Muslim Public platform, that is why you can just click Reply Button and comment directly without swearing an Oath but you disguise and accept Oath and you are commenting Rubbish. Bad people acting like Bad People. May Allaah guide you to Islam.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by hardeytarhyour(m): 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
sunshineV:
ruling on keep tiger as pet nko?
If you want we go rules it for you, Or don't you hear! THERE IS NO ASPECT LEFT UNTOUCHED BY ISLAM!
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Turantula(m): 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Is there a ruling on marrying underage girls?
Would definitely love to see it
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Thelife: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:

cheesy

Lol, stop giving birth like rat and you see your islam decreasing in number, what did you expect from a religion that called for the head of anyone that dump it.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Josbreed: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
doffman:
Islam touches every aspect of life ... So happy to be a Muslim.

So Islam touches every aspect of life abi? What if a Moslem wants to travel to space? What is the ruling?
What if a Moslem wants to be an actor? What is the ruling.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Josbreed: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=hardeytarhyour post=96247315][/quote]

Which kaind oath? Oath wey Seun Osewa put on this platform? Oath wey pipo don break taya? Oath wey no get relevance?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by ArewaHero(m): 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thelife:

Lol, stop giving birth like rat and you see your islam decreasing in number, what did you expect from a religion that called for the head of anyone that dump it.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by ArewaHero(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thelife:

wow man thanks for letting me to know that MUSLIM WOMEN have fruit of the womb to bear many children than any other RELIGION .
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Thelife: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:
wow man thanks for letting me to know that MUSLIM WOMEN have fruit of the womb to bear many children than any other RELIGION .

sorry bro, you guys let the world knows that your woman are just a baby making machine, smile, they are born to breed and then go and beg NON MOSLIM for money to take care of their useless rats, so when you want to talk about moslom woman just said that they are BABY MAKING MACHINE WITH BEGGER SURVIVER INSTINCT

and you didn't talk about your religion calling for the death of anyone that want to dump it, smile are you ashame of your religion.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by ArewaHero(m): 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thelife:

sorry bro, you guys let the world knows that your woman are just a baby making machine, smile, they are born to breed and then go and beg NON MOSLIM for money to take care of their useless rats, so when you want to talk about moslom woman just said that they are BABY MAKING MACHINE WITH BEGGER SURVIVER INSTINCT

and you didn't talk about your religion calling for the death of anyone that want to dump it, smile are you ashame of your religion.
. I SWEAR YOU ARE A DONKEY what you typed just confirmed that you brain is not Functioning well

pls is it not better to become a house wife than to be having sex out of WEDLOCK you think that we don't know that Your women are useless that is why you people have turned them to BABY MAMAS you have no regards for marriage .

your RELIGION IS BOTTOMLESS

cheesy
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by Thelife: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
ArewaHero:
. I SWEAR YOU ARE A DONKEY what you typed just confirmed that you brain is not Functioning well

pls is it not better to become a house wife than to be having sex out of WEDLOCK you think that we don't know that Your women are useless that is why you people have turned them to BABY MAMAS you have no regards for marriage .

your RELIGION IS BOTTOMLESS

cheesy

your father and your gigolo fake prophet mumuhamad is a donkey.

so you agree that your woman are baby making machine.

seriously, have you been to southwest before, because your useless woman in hijab are the one littering the whole street with bastard children without a father, well not surprise, your religion support it once it keep increasing it population, what a useless religion.

well our woman are becoming baby mama because they are capable of taking care of themselves and there children meanwhile your useless woman up north got married early and born like rats only for the husband to divorce and send her to street so that he can marry another baby making machine. what are useless fellow. smile. I guess that is the regard that your gigolo fake prophet ask you to have for marriage, well what did I expect from a gigolo.

your religion is as USELESS as your Alllah

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by ArewaHero(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thelife:

your father and your gigolo fake prophet mumuhamad is a donkey.

so you agree that your woman are baby making machine.

seriously, have you been to southwest before, because your useless woman in hijab are the one littering the whole street with bastard children without a father, well not surprise, your religion support it once it keep increasing it population, what a useless religion.

well our woman are becoming baby mama because they are capable of taking care of themselves and there children meanwhile your useless woman up north got married early and born like rats only for the husband to divorce and send her to street so that he can marry another baby making machine. what are useless fellow. smile. I guess that is the regard that your gigolo fake prophet ask you to have for marriage, well what did I expect from a gigolo.

your religion is as USELESS as your Alllah

cheesy

omo ebi LIKE say my reply they give you PEPPER for body LET ME add the VOLTAGE.

Southwest Nigeria are the Reason why Nigeria is ranked among Top 10 countries with Highest number of HIV/Aid in Africa due to RANDOM SEX After becoming a BABY MAMA , and THE BABAY DADDY abandoned her from there BOOM them go enter olosho wagon ,seeing them in ABUJA hotels corridors AND LEKKI you think say we no know Una , in SOUTHWEST children within 11,13,16 are promiscuous ,so pls izit not better to be a housewife at that young age than to be an OLOSHO

SECONDLY

you said our women keep giving birth to children like RATS
remember WE CONQUER THE NAIJA with our RAT population we get the leadership ,we create wealth for Una to provide STANDARD OF LIVING for FOOLS LIKE YOU

DONT FORGET TO BUY PAINKILLER BECAUSE I DOUBT IF YOU CAN SLEEP WELL TODAY
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by dazzlingd(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
May my children never know religion
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by dazzlingd(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
doffman:
Islam touches every aspect of life ... So happy to be a Muslim.

What's the ruling on robotics and artificial intelligence
Re: Islamic Ruling On Keeping Dogs by UncleSnr(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=hardeytarhyour post=96247315][/quote]
Lmao, guide to what? Oh please, don't just push it, Allah still has a lot to do in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Northern Nigeria before coming for my soul.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With Polygamy? / Haruna Akinola Dies At 80 (Chief Imam Of Lagos) / What Are The Defects That Must Be Disclosed To A Potential Marriage Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.