Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy (36699 Views)

Seyi Tinubu: The First Son Of Nigeria And His Security In Abuja / Prince Arthur Eze Rides Bicycle While His Security Men Run To Guard Him (Video) / Osinowo’s Death Caused By COVID-19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by SmartyPants(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2020
Lawsaite:
He said security men who shot in the air. Meaning it's not only one person that fired shots.
He went on to say a stray bullet had hit a vendor.

Then he concluded the stupendous lie with, the official that fired the shot has been suspended pending investigation.

Shey the bullet has tag ni? To know from whose gun it came from.

This lie is not only horrible but bloody. That governor should be held accountable.

I am a law student and in law Employers are vicariously liable, under the respondeat superior doctrine, for negligent acts or omissions by their employees in the course of employment (sometimes referred to as 'scope and course of employment').

That officer should be released immediately and the speaker should bear the full brunt of the law.

But in Nigeria here, anything goes. It's always left for God to judge angry angry

Those quoting me and saying otherwise, I actually don't have your time.
I expect you to apply such daft reasoning when your relative is in such a similar situation.

Does vicarious liability apply in criminal cases?

Less talking, more reading.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by vanditijjani: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:49am On Nov 20, 2020
stieyven:

Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Didn't read
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Lawsaite: 9:50am On Nov 20, 2020
SmartyPants:

Does vicarious liability apply in criminal cases?

Less talking, more reading.
Do your research and don't come here to quote me unnecessarily again, did you hear me?
When I applied vicarious liability I fully understood what's involved. On whose command where the policemen acting upon?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2020
His security convoy has license to kill, lucky there were no endsars pips around, it would have been a turkey shoot.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by SmartyPants(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2020
Lawsaite:

Do your research and don't come here to quote me unnecessarily again, did you hear me?
When I applied vicarious liability I fully understood what's involved. On whose command where the policemen acting upon?

lol.

Whats your problem?

Do you understand the distinction between criminal and civil matters? When you are talking about a person giving an order to shoot, that is no more vicarious liability. So did Mr. Femi give the order to shoot? Where did you get that piece of info?

Abeg carry your wahala and go. I am only guiding you - if you refuse to learn that is okay by me.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Unrated900(m): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2020
See what the idiot says

My condolences to the family

Your Aids killed someone as claimed

Only condolences

Was expressed thunder fire you idiot
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by ignis: 10:02am On Nov 20, 2020
This guys didn't take any lesson from the concluded protest.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by tonididdy(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2020
God

... Or has the rapture occurred years ago and we are now suffering the perilous times.

I can't understand the recklessness and unconsign in the Nigerian environment any more. Clearly they have us in the palms to switch off at will with no counters.

What sort of A country is this?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by babajummy50: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2020
I think it's wrong to say Femi is the employer of the happy trigger cop to have him take responsibility for an action Femi did not order. However, life matters as Femi acknowledged and to read his statement shows he cares even if it's feigned. The cop being investigated is to establish if the cop's action is premised on malice aforethought or lack of proper arms handling knowledge in a somewhat "hostile" environment. Let's hope justice is served
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by ststyreal(f): 10:31am On Nov 20, 2020
nastyesco:
All these rubbish Polithiefians will come and be forming enlightened and speaking English...English kee you

I dedicate this to my girlfriend wey jilt me for another dude because he dey Canada. I go soon pass IELTS.
grin Funny you..... Sorry about your girlfriend, the jilt really pain you oooo, so tey you come dey write exam ontop cheesy

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by pacespot(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2020
They will always claim that they were shooting to the air with the stray bullets killing people, the same thing army said in the lekkimassacre.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Lawsaite: 10:51am On Nov 20, 2020
SmartyPants:

lol.

Whats your problem?

Do you understand the distinction between criminal and civil matters? When you are talking about a person giving an order to shoot, that is no more vicarious liability. So did Mr. Femi give the order to shoot? Where did you get that piece of info?

Abeg carry your wahala and go. I am only guiding you - if you refuse to learn that is okay by me.

Did you just ask me about the distinction between civil and criminal cases?
It seems you're out of law textbooks, it wouldn't have cost you more than a minute to Google if vicarious liability applies in Criminal cases since it seems you're too weak to consult your texts.
But no, you decide to battle it out with me while spilling gibberish.
Do I understand distinction between... angry

Did Me femi give the order to shoot? sad. So the policemen were firing the shots for their own safety abi sake? No oo, the policemen just decided to fire shots cause I mean, they felt threatened. Try and reason like a common man
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by YoungWildFree: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2020
FAKE NEWS.
UNKNOWN SOLDIERS
HOODLUMS
TERRORISTS
Defend your self by all means necessary from peaceful and unarmed protesters- IGP
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by 175(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2020
Adonisteve:
that's why I mentioned it earlier that I didn't support the evil act. There was no need to shoot at all in the first place.

Okay. Yea you did. I'm just so sad about the loss of life. . .very much avoidable.

Stay safe my brother!

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by marsman: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2020
Lawsaite:
He said security men who shot in the air. Meaning it's not only one person that fired shots.

Then he concluded the stupendous lie with, the official that fired the shot has been suspended pending investigation.

This lie is not only horrible but bloody. That Speaker should be held accountable.

I am a law student and in law Employers are vicariously liable, under the respondeat superior doctrine, for negligent acts or omissions by their employees in the course of employment (sometimes referred to as 'scope and course of employment').

That officer should be released immediately and the speaker should bear the full brunt of the law.

But in Nigeria here, anything goes. It's always left for God to judge angry angry

I expect you to apply such daft reasoning when your relative is in such a similar situation.

Bla bla and blaaaah
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Theflint1(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2020
crackhaus:
I actually like Femi Gbajabiamila, a very eloquent man – anytime I come across him speaking at the house of reps, he always seems very different from the average Nigerian politician.

At least he publicly admitted what happened and has offered his condolences, unlike a certain woman by the name of Abike Dabiri who acted like she didn't hear how one of her security details killed someone.

Someone was killed for no reason and what you thought most important was to heap praises on the person who's security detail was involved in the killing? It's a wonder the way some Nigerians think, no sense of accountability or sympathy...we deserve our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Babanah: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2020
Nigeria should have an Independent Police Compliants Commission to investigate the use of firearms by the police.
This is what happens in civilised countries. Once you discharge your firearm. The policeman in question is required to log a report on circumstances, number of firearms discharged etc. It will be now left for the commission to determine if the firearm was used lawfully or not.
This happens every time shots are fired by the police.
I think this will bring about some sanity with regards to the use of firearms.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Wolexdey(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2020
crackhaus:
I actually like Femi Gbajabiamila, a very eloquent man – anytime I come across him speaking at the house of reps, he always seems very different from the average Nigerian politician.

At least he publicly admitted what happened and has offered his condolences, unlike a certain woman by the name of Abike Dabiri who acted like she didn't hear how one of her security details killed someone.

You would have accepted same written speech if peradventure the dead corpse was you...

Think before you type next time... A life had been lost... This is evil at it's best
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Collyno82(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2020
CapitalHYC:
Hmmmmm I have never seen a government that kills it's citizens as this stupid one we are witnessing currently

Where is that foolish Mannabbgrills all these while self
Don't mind that girl that fries dead � asun
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Collyno82(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2020
Sacrifice things,,, if you know, you know.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Cameroonglass(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
bro, type in English
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by SmartyPants(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lawsaite:

Did you just ask me about the distinction between civil and criminal cases?
It seems you're out of law textbooks, it wouldn't have cost you more than a minute to Google if vicarious liability applies in Criminal cases since it seems you're too weak to consult your texts.
But no, you decide to battle it out with me while spilling gibberish.
Do I understand distinction between... angry

Did Me femi give the order to shoot? sad. So the policemen were firing the shots for their own safety abi sake? No oo, the policemen just decided to fire shots cause I mean, they felt threatened. Try and reason like a common man

Alright let me apologize for my initial harsh approach. Let's go strictly legal. You are partly right in that there is indeed some application of vicarious liability in the sphere of criminal law. However, you are emphatically wrong in the sense that the general rule is that vicarious liability, owing to the twin concepts of actus reus and men's rea, cannot practically be applied to any criminal matter in the common law jurisdictions.

The exceptions to this rule are only when a statute expressly states otherwise.

Now, you are doubly wrong by attempting to apply vicarious liability to this situation, and here is why:

1. The speaker of the house can issue orders to his security staff but certainly is not likely to have done so because the security aides are not likely to have consulted with him on such a basic tactical decision. Every convoy has its own commander who issues tactical orders.

2. Even the person who gave the order cannot be held vicariously liable, because, vicarious liability by definition is the imputation of the actus reus of one person to another who allegedly has the men's rea. In this case, the person who gives the order is a principal offender by virtue of possessing both the men's rea and actus reus.

3. When a police officer errs, vicarious liability would be on police through the IGP, yet, in a criminal matter, it is the same IGP that will initiate prosecution of the police officer. What you are therefore saying, is that the police would prosecute and defend itself in the same case. How?

If you insist, I would welcome Nigerian case law as evidence of your position.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Lawsaite: 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
SmartyPants:

Alright let me apologize for my initial harsh approach. Let's go strictly legal. You are partly right in that there is indeed some application of vicarious liability in the sphere of criminal law. However, you are emphatically wrong in the sense that the general rule is that vicarious liability, owing to the twin concepts of actus reus and men's rea, cannot practically be applied to any criminal matter in the common law jurisdictions.

The exceptions to this rule are only when a statute expressly states otherwise.

Now, you are doubly wrong by attempting to apply vicarious liability to this situation, and here is why:

1. The speaker of the house can issue orders to his security staff but certainly is not likely to have done so because the security aides are not likely to have consulted with him on such a basic tactical decision. Every convoy has its own commander who issues tactical orders.

2. Even the person who gave the order cannot be held vicariously liable, because, vicarious liability by definition is the imputation of the actus reus of one person to another who allegedly has the men's rea. In this case, the person who gives the order is a principal offender by virtue of possessing both the men's rea and actus reus.

3. When a police officer errs, vicarious liability would be on police through the IGP, yet, in a criminal matter, it is the same IGP that will initiate prosecution of the police officer. What you are therefore saying, is that the police would prosecute and defend itself in the same case. How?

If you insist, I would welcome Nigerian case law as evidence of your position.

An independent contractor it is then. Well said and understood. Thank you for the enlightenment.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by josite: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lawsaite:

This lie is not only horrible but bloody. That Speaker should be held accountable.

And the speaker is the employer of the policeman because you saw the letter of employment and if a senior lawyer hires you and you shot the judge dead in anger,he is vicariously liable for your action and you should be allowed to go home?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by andyanders: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Babanah:
Nigeria should have an Independent Police Compliants Commission to investigate the use of firearms by the police.
This is what happens in civilised countries. Once you discharge your firearm. The policeman in question is required to log a report on circumstances, number of firearms discharged etc. It will be now left for the commission to determine if the firearm was used lawfully or not.
This happens every time shots are fired by the police.
I think this will bring about some sanity with regards to the use of firearms.
My brother, the Nigerian policeman- mopol will tell you that nobody questions them on the number of bullets allocated to them.

That is why they can confidently tell you that they can waste u and nothing happens.

Most of them sell same to rubbers who are their friends and turn at night, most of them rub with the gun assigned to them.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by Mars16(m): 4:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
Many things kill Nigerians very unfortunate,ranging from malaria, security agencies,poor health and sanitary conditions. Guess what guys, the new thing that kill Nigerians now is shooting in the air. From the lekki toll gate incident to this recent one is shooting in the air that killed the people.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by litaninja(m): 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
Nigerian security agents always shoot into the "air".
Innocent citizens always end up dying by those shots.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy by gbengaeed(m): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2020
...Anserine.
Donspicey:
Gbajamiamila's security detail shot another unarmed Nigerian going about his business few hours ago. This was in the glare of all present and within few minutes another police van came and bundled the body away. If this had been in the nighttime, I'm sure Kai Mohammed would have tagged it fake news or that the people around were trying to attack the senators convoy and the police had to shoot to protect him.
Even now that they've carted the body (the only evidence) away, we expect the government to start to lie that no shooting occured. We expect their defenders here and other social media to attack the carrier's of the news, challenging them to provide proof of any shooting by providing the pictures of the dead body or that any family should come forward to claim that they have a son who is a vendor in Abuja who is missing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court / Faces Of Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Civilian JTF In Borno. Pics / Emmanuel Ayodele Slumps And Dies At A Club In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.