Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate (11939 Views)

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Gusau Did Not Attend Katsina College With Buhari – Fani-Kayode / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On Mar 19, 2011
OMG . . . You mean everyone of you guys got the same script to work with for this? shocked WOW . . No wonder, even though it makes absolutely no sense at all, it is still all that is being offered over and over!!!

ROFLMAO~!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO~!

ROFLMAO~!
That's all we can offer cheesy
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2011
Apparently the Debate was aired Live on SilverBird TV and TVC as well . grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2011
And the debate happened in Abuja oo!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 10:10am On Mar 19, 2011
Reason why Nigeria doesn't progress is typically because of people like this so-called nn24 TV.
While other Tv houses, journalists, media, and broadcasters presented a unified platform to organize the presidential debate, this nn24 people found a way to out-maneuver others, jump the line, and reap huge economic and commercial reward by so doing.

They found a back door to bring a few Hausa people together for a debate, and the "idea" was that the winner of this debate will become the president of Nigeria. Ever wondered why they excluded Chris Okojie, and Pat Utomi from this debate?
I am so happy GEJ is a man of honor, and not one to seek an appiam way.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by dayokanu(m): 10:24am On Mar 19, 2011
As every day pass GEJ is showing the vaccuum in his head.

The act are not usually as ridiculous as the excuses that follow.

A man that had time to appear on STV Kokomansion a day before.

Is BON also controlling STv?

BTW How was he able to perform houseboy duties in Turais kitchen without setting the whole place on fire
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2011
What useless excuses!

A President that is intelligent and not reetarded, who has issues with format would have made it clear what his issues are and suggested how to work it out without damage to his reputation or the political establishment.

What stops senior mugu Jonathan from insisting that other Presidential candidates be also included in the debate? Would that not make him stand out as an equity man?

What stops executive mugu Jonathan from saying NN24 and other local network with reach should work together in the production of this debate to ensure it reaches everyone?

But our Head of Mugus, Pinhead of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, dilly-dallyed and, at the end of it, just did not show up and then granted a shayo interview with a "Oshogbo girls need koboko" interviewer and looked like a cretin, missing the chance to promote himself as an equitable, problem-solving man.

This is who we have to make critical and executive decisions for the nation.

Mr President, Mr PhD, dumber than Silverback Gorillas in Ibadan zoo.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Katsumoto: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2011
By not attending the debate because answers were not provided beforehand, GEJ confirmed that
1. He is not bold but spineless
2. He has no ideas
3. He doesn't care about those he wants to lead
4. He is relying on something else (perhaps rigging) to win the election
5. He has something to hide
6. He is relying on others to provide direction
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Rastamann: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2011
Any broadcasting station can organize a presidential debate and any of the presidential candidates is free not to attend. What is the big deal?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2011
I completely agree that BON, not some unknown, fledgeling cable channel, should host the presidential debates. In case some of you ignoramuses do not know, BON is NOT a government owned agency (some of you tend to think of it as some kind of NAN, NTA or FRCN). It is a coalition of a wide variety of public and private TV stations with a reach and scope that extends throughout the country. It is as such best placed to coordinate the presidential debate in order to give a greater percentage of Nigerians (from Abia to Zamfara) the opportunity to tune in. I also believe BON's moderators would be more mature (than the exuberant 'girl' used by NN24) and would accord all the candidates the dignity and fairness they deserve.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Katsumoto: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2011
pro01:

I complete agree that BON, not some unknown, fledgeling cable channel, should host the presidential debates. In case some of you ignoramuses do not know, BON is NOT a government owned agency (some of you tend to think of it as some kind of NAN, NTA or FRSC). It is a coalition of a wide variety of public and private TV stations with a reach and scope that extends throughout the country. It is as such best placed to coordinate the presidential debate in order to give a greater percentage of Nigerians (from Abia to Zamfara) the opportunity to tune in. I also believe BON's moderators would be more mature (than the exuberant 'girl' used by NN24) and would accord all the candidates the dignity and fairness they deserve.

Is there a rule anywhere that states that there can only be one debate? Why can't all the stations with the appropriate resources organise their debates and have all well-meaning candidates in attendance. To become President of the USA, Obama did not shy away from any debate.

What qualifications does a musician have to interview a President? I don't remember Obama being interviewed by lil wayne. These excuses are becoming more pathetic.

EDIT
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by ejunkie(m): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2011
Better to remain silent, than to speak and erase all doubts of maliciousnes
#ff the presidential debate yesterday, we have seen the emotional blackmail and
vendetta behind Buhari and Ribadu.

Whilst Shekerau (a good surprise) comes out strong his setback remains his lack of policy details and his choice of running mate.
My vote counts!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by monkeyleg: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2011
even after all the dreaddul failures, people are still making excuses for Goddy. What a country

Why do we keep doing these things to ourselves? why do we persist on living like this. Can anyone really say there has been any benefit of living under a PDP goverment for 12yrs? why do people insist that they must live under failure? beats me
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
Katsumoto:

Is there a rule anywhere that states that there can only be one debate? Why can't all the stations with the appropriate resources organise their debates and have all well-meaning candidates in attendance. To become President of the USA, Obama did not share away from any debate.

What qualifications does a musician have to interview a President? I don't remember Obama being interviewed by lil wayne. These excuses are becoming more pathetic.

The guy always attempt to chat like and regards himself like some erudite intelligensia but comes out with rubbish after rubbish after rubbish with his brain.

Can he use his brain to tell me that GEJ has come out good when he and his deputy missed two debates all the main other contenders attended?

He was the same person that said the attempt to arrest Ibori was persecution because there are other bigger corrupt people in Nigeria that have not been arrested. So arresting people should, in his head, be a hierarchy process that should be suspended if there is failure to arrest anyone higher up in the hierarchy. The fact that Ibori looted did not count.

So Obama/Cameron will miss a Presidential debate his rivals are attending because he feels it should be done by a more established TV station and questions are not provided in advance, but then instead conduct an interview with 50 cent or Dizzy Rascal whilst his opponents are being drilled on TV? What remarkable judgement by our Presidential Silverback Gorilla.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by ejunkie(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2011
monkeyleg:

even after all the dreaddul failures, people are still making excuses for Goddy. What a country

Why do we keep doing these things to ourselves? why do we persist on living like this. Can anyone really say there has been any benefit of living under a PDP goverment for 12yrs? why do people insist that they must live under failure? beats me

Not an excuse, but an realistic view to performance at the debate. I feel JG or his silly advisors should have at least done a collabo with NN24 and BON. In any case, ACN (in reality Tinubu and his family, since his son-in-law and and wife + cousins are all now cashing in on the largesse) is hinging its presidential hopes on one man - BRF - a man they blackmailed, vilified, and oppressed, and thats the party thats calling the PDP corrupt, common!

Lets not visit the sins of PDP on Jonathan cause they told us to do so as zombies.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by sandysprax(m): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2011
Goodluck faithfuls are at work,Pls give us a break.Jonathan should be able to utilize every opportunity he sees to tell Nigerians what he has to offer(that is if he has got anything to offer).He simply did not know what to say and baba(Obasanjo) would have probably warned him not to show up.So, all u PDP faithfuls, go hug a transformer,we aint buying that.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2011
NIGERIANS grin grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by tosinaded(m): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
buh the D'banj Interview was organised by BON abi?
stupid Ba$$tarrds . . .lmae excuse only a reta&d will fall for
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by monkeyleg: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
ejunkie:

Not an excuse, but an realistic view to performance at the debate. I feel JG or his silly advisors should have at least done a collabo with NN24 and BON. In any case, ACN (in reality Tinubu and his family, since his son-in-law and and wife + cousins are all now cashing in on the largesse) is hinging its presidential hopes on one man - BRF - a man they blackmailed, vilified, and oppressed, and thats the party thats calling the PDP corrupt, common!

Lets not visit the sins of PDP on Jonathan cause they told us to do so as zombies.

My brother it is hard in this case not to visit the sins of the father on the sons, when it is evidently clear that the sons are not different from the father. Goodluck has not shown good cause for people to think otherwise, in my opinion he totaly disrespected the common man of this great country by not turning up, and that has been the PDP stance for far too long. They do not give a damn about you and I
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 19, 2011
Katsumoto:

Is there a rule anywhere that states that there can only be one debate? Why can't all the stations with the appropriate resources organise their debates and have all well-meaning candidates in attendance. To become President of the USA, Obama did not share away from any debate.

Lets be fair to the man. Even in the USA, there is often just ONE presidential debate each for (I think) TV and radio audiences. It should be THE presidential debate, not A presidential debate. I don't think it would make much sense for a busy president to be jumping about from one inconsequential debate to another. I don't think when Obama seeks re-election in about two years time you would see him junketing aimlessly from one debate forganized by CNN to another organized by FOX, to that of ABC and then NBC. It's usually ONE key debate. The other candidates can indulge in endless debates if they so please; they are after all the ones trying to unseat the incumbent. No one can force the NN24 debate down the president's thraot considering that the station is relatively unknown and cannot claim to represent the Nigerian media.

Again in terms of the D'banj interview, the president - just like any other candidate - is free to choose which interview to grant and on what medium. You would recall that many presidential candidates in the US (including Obama) used to grant interviews to people like Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Oprah, Larry King, etc etc. Indeed a presidential candidate may even choose to grant an interview to the eccentric  Jerry Springer if he decides that would help him reach a peculiar demographic. These things are entirely discretionary and as such should not serve as basis for unnecessary criticism.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by sandysprax(m): 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2011
and i forgot to mention, i live in one of the choice areas in Abuja and we only have light for abt 2hrs in a day these days and Tanker drivers are on strike.Up GEJ
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Katsumoto: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2011
pro01:

Lets be fair to the man. Even in the USA, there is often just ONE presidential debate each for (I think) TV and radio audiences. It should be THE presidential debate, not A presidential debate. I don't think it would make much sense for a busy president to be jumping about from one inconsequential debate to another. I don't think when Obama seeks re-election in about two years time you would see him junketing aimlessly from one debate forganized by CNN to another organized by FOX, to that of ABC and then NBC. It's usually ONE key debate. The other candidates can indulge in endless debates if they so please; they are after all the ones trying to unseat the incumbent. No one can force the NN24 debate down the president's thraot considering that the station is relatively unknown and cannot claim to represent the Nigerian media.

Again in terms of the D'banj interview, the president - just like any other candidate - is free to choose which interview to grant and on what medium. You would recall that many presidential candidates in the US (including Obama) used to grant interviews to people like Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Oprah, Larry King, etc etc. Indeed a presidential candidate may even choose to grant an interview to the eccentric  Jerry Springer if he decides that would help him reach a peculiar demographic. These things are entirely discretionary and as such should not serve as basis for unnecessary criticism.

Please drop this line of argument. There are usually three debates between the candidates in the US and each is attended by both candidates of the two major parties. There were three debates between Obama and McCain, three debates between Kerry and Bush, three debates between Clinton, Perot, and Bush Sr. If I am to use your argument, if there is going to be a major debate in this race, it was the one GEJ missed. GEJ debating Okotie and Dele Momodu just shows that water always find it level. Rather than debate with the serious candidates in Buhari, Ribadu, and Shekarau (going by support), he is seeking to debate with representatives of parties who will only be voted for by their friends and family.

So Dbanj is now as qualified as Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, Letterman, Oprah? Are you for real? You are comparing the Koko master (no disrespect to him as far as music is concerned) to talk show hosts? There is a problem.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2011
Nigerian Presidential Debate 18/3/11 Part 1
4 Presidential hopefuls were invited to debate on how they intended to bring about the needed change in Nigeria. The incumbent President gave the impression he would attend, a bomb squad was sent ahead, and the other 3 candidates waited for an hour before the organisers decided they would proceed without "His Excellency".
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2011
Pro01 - you display an uncoomon and most rare talent for supreme daftness. Your views on this forum have always been imbecilic in the extreme and inclined towards the most irresponsible championing of mediocrity and imbecilic retardation. With people like you around no country can ever progress. You are a waste of time and space and your education is little better than that of a chimpanzee. You are a disgrace to literacy and you embarrass the very words you utter. I do not believe i have come across a greater m.o.r.o.n than you. I recall your eeediiotic attempts to defend ibori in the past. Son; you are a professional clown.

@ Rossike/ Pharoh: all the above applies in equal measure to you. Both of u were born specifically to be oppressed. Your views are spectacularly silly and betray your low self esteem. You are both worth little more than maggots.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
Katsumoto:

Please drop this line of argument. There are usually three debates between the candidates in the US and each is attended by both candidates of the two major parties. There were three debates between Obama and McCain, three debates between Kerry and Bush, three debates between Clinton, Perot, and Bush Sr. If I am to use your argument, if there is going to be a major debate in this race, it was the one GEJ missed. GEJ debating Okotie and Dele Momodu just shows that water always find it level. Rather than debate with the serious candidates in Buhari, Ribadu, and Shekarau (going by support), he is seeking to debate with representatives of parties who will only be voted for by their friends and family.

So Dbanj is now as qualified as Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, Letterman, Oprah? Are you for real? You are comparing the Koko master (no disrespect to him as far as music is concerned) to talk show hosts? There is a problem.

Apart from educating him on these 3 debates, according to his thinking, we are not even allowed to do something except done by America first.  undecided

Dbanj juxtapose to Letterman. LMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2011
Deep Sight:

Pro01 - you display an uncoomon and most rare talent for supreme daftness. Your views on this forum have always been not-so-smart in the extreme and inclined towards the most irresponsible championing of mediocrity and imbecilic retardation. With people like you around no country can ever progress. You are a waste of time and space and your education is little better than that of a chimpanzee. You are a disgrace to literacy and you embarrass the very words you utter. I do not believe i have come across a greater not-so-smart person than you. I recall your eeediiotic attempts to defend ibori in the past. Son; you are a professional clown.

@ Rossike/ Pharoh: all the above applies in equal measure to you. Both of u were born specifically to be oppressed. Your views are spectacularly silly and betray your low self esteem. You are both worth little more than maggots.

AAAAHHH! Pro01's superior Lord don arrive.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

I go retire and watch the intellectual slaughter.  grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.224.html#msg6059851

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.288.html#msg6090839
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2011
Deep Sight:

Pro01 - you display an uncoomon and most rare talent for supreme daftness. Your views on this forum have always been imbecilic in the extreme and inclined towards the most irresponsible championing of mediocrity and imbecilic retardation. With people like you around no country can ever progress. You are a waste of time and space and your education is little better than that of a chimpanzee. You are a disgrace to literacy and you embarrass the very words you utter. I do not believe i have come across a greater m.o.r.o.n than you. I recall your eeediiotic attempts to defend ibori in the past. Son; you are a professional clown.

Damn. shocked

That was merciless.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Katsumoto: 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sagamite:

Apart from educating him on these 3 debates, according to his thinking, we are not even allowed to do something except done by America first.  undecided

Dbanj juxtapose to Letterman. LMAO!!! grin grin grin

I just tire for some people but I am not too concerned because many who come on these forums defending mediodrity are benefitting from the current malaise in Nigeria and they are only protecting their interests.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
Katsumoto:

I just tire for some people but I am not too concerned because many who come on these forums defending mediodrity are benefitting from the current malaise in Nigeria and they are only protecting their interests.

Honestly, I don't think this guy is benefitting in anyway.

He just loves fooling himself that he is intelligent and part of the clerisy we are in, but the shyt that comes out of his brain shows, ideally, he should be fined for such thinking.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by SOLVENAIJA: 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2011
Who should lead Nigeria? (online poll) solvenaija..com
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DARA1234: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2011
Can we have a constructive analysis of the debate[/b] and grade each participant according to the following debate questions;

Niger Delta
Petroleum Bill
Power
Economy
Enterpreneurship
Education
Health
Zoning
Why you are the best candidate
Questions
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by boycottam: 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2011

WE DO NOT WANT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apga Condemns Lekki-epe Toll. Wetin Consyn Agbero With Overload. Lmao / 2020: Military, Police To Spend 91% Of Budgets On Salaries, Others / Tribune Reporter's Confusion Over Identity Of Tinubu's Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.