Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? (2733 Views)

Pics:Goodluck Jonathan Look Dapper As He Speaks At Hope Global Forum In USA 2day / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by Newscaster: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2011
Is Shekarau a Professor of English?
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by EzeUche2(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2011
Ahmadu Bello spoke very good English.

Even though Balewa is not Hausa, he is still a Northerner and he spoke very good English as well.

I have seen many Hausas speek good English better than people in the South.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by MaiSuya(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2011
Oga do make you go sleep, ok? it long past bedtime

BTW he used to be a teacher
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dellnet: 1:02am On Mar 19, 2011
vecos zee frymaray thing is to ve bocal.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dayokanu(m): 2:14am On Mar 19, 2011
Is Pat Utomi not from the SS? How come he us so intelligent and GEJ greatest mumu in the country

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by biachwest: 2:14am On Mar 19, 2011
I was highly disapointed by ribadus answers to the moderator,he cant even make a clear specific points, This is not political.He is fit for security agency but not to head or manage the afairs of nigeria.
Acn made a very big mistake to install him as thier candidate and they did install him because of the name he has made as efcc chief but the bottom line is that he is not qualified.
I know we have better and more qualified men and women with wisdom and courage to lead this country to a promise land. For me we should let jonathan last till 2015 and then let him reform the constitution before the nest election.
and lead us to a better party system and more transparent electora process.
jonathan asnt here tonigth but this three folks has nothing to offer.
i am speaking from the bottom of my heart. i have been a though surporter of this ribadu before now that i firstly listen to him, pathatic
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dayokanu(m): 2:18am On Mar 19, 2011
So how is GEJ odechukwu the coward who ran away better than Ribadu or anyone for that matter

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by Sagamite(m): 2:21am On Mar 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Is Pat Utomi not from the SS? How come he us so intelligent and GEJ greatest mumu in the country

Abeg, no crack my ribs. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dayokanu(m): 2:24am On Mar 19, 2011
Is Olisa Agbakoba not from the SS, how come he is so brave while Ademumu abdulclueless was serving as a houseboy to Turai YarAdua
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by biachwest: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2011
I dont know why jonathan didnt turn up though but what i know is that out the three men last nigth the man from kano is the most qualified,they said by their friut you shall know them.
nigerians should for gods sake learn from the past
buhary is former military mumu and ribadu sounds like a thwart for gods sake ,cant even make simple specific point sounds like a racist mention black black country like ses times under 5 minutes.
In develop world those words he used counts and must backfire him.

For me the election should be for jonathan and the ex governor of kano, is not about the english you speak is all about the points you make.
english is just a language,it does not make u inteligent or qualified for anything.
i know a number of scientist, doctors,lawyers and so on in the world that cannot speak good english so that does not mean they are not intelegent. so english is just a language.

but in this case they cant make sence both ribadu and buhari sounded like they are debating to be a nupeng chairman.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dayokanu(m): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2011
^^Why should the election involve a man who refused toshow up for debate and in the same post you disqualified some people who actually turned up?
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by opalu: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2011
Shekarau has been a Principal. Infact, he was a Principal when Buhari made him Governor of Kano state twice
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by arsenal1(m): 9:39am On Mar 19, 2011
@opalu buhari didn't made him a governor, kano electorate did mcheww
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2011
Ribadu - policeman
Buhari - soldier
Shekarau - teacher
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by karlmax2: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2011
The debate has exposed how dumb the followers of BUHARI and RIBADU are by the way there candidates performed clueless people who want to rule nigeria,we are no fools any more they can't even tell us how to meet the election promises they have been going about shouting in there campaing.can't even speak sound english nigeria will neva be ruled by un intelligent people period
BUHARI and RIBADU were a disgrace to nigerians
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by solihu(m): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2011
@biacwest. You don't think you are sounding so irrational, do you? You may as well, tell us why you exenorated your "role model" and you find him presidential worthy?

Lawd have mercy, I honestly find his phd questionable!
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dayokanu(m): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2011
karl max:

The debate has exposed how dumb the followers of BUHARI and RIBADU are by the way there candidates performed clueless people who want to rule nigeria,we are no fools any more they can't even tell us how to meet the election promises they have been going about shouting in there campaing.can't even speak sound english nigeria will neva be ruled by un intelligent people period
BUHARI and RIBADU were a disgrace to nigerians

More than anything, the debate shows that Anyone still supporting GEJ after MIA on the debate is a reetard cos its obvious GEJ has no plans for Nigeria
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by soldee: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ Karl Max

Pls match the candidates words at the debate to their actions and achievements for Nigeria so far. I think that will give a balanced assessment, and I think Buhari has most to show. Pls be objective.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by biachwest: 2:40am On Mar 20, 2011
solihu:

@biacwest. You don't think you are sounding so irrational, do you? You may as well, tell us why you exenorated your "role model" and you find him presidential worthy?

Lawd have mercy, I honestly find his phd questionable!

To be sincere to you, Before now I endorsed riabadus candidency  because i repeat because I  had the thougth that nigeria deserves change.
one set of same mumu has govern or manage the afair of this country for more than 50 yrs from independence, and the impacts is nigeria being what it is today.
poor infrastrutures like ligth,road,jobs,education,health care,name it is damn poo scrap.
if you fly to nigeria from abroad there is a reaction u get immediatly you gets out of the plain. believe me.the feelings seems to be as if you just arrived an evil value.
back to the main point about jonathan and the rest candidates that participated in the debate last nigth:
none of those men is qualified except the guy from kano.is not about english is about the specisfic point they made.none except the shekaru guy made points .for hours none made point ribadu was the worst ,you could tell that he acted like sara palin when she said she can see rusia from alaska.
so for now i revise my endorsement to jonathan because he is already running some programes i thinck will  be in the best interest of the country like the privatation process of the energy sector,pib bill should passed to law without delay. we should vote those idiots in the house of assembly out, and bring in ne guys that will help reform our constitution.
let jonathan go ahead and lead us to 2015 .
i rest my case lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by Beaf: 7:22am On Mar 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Is Olisa Agbakoba not from the SS, how come he is so brave while Ademumu abdulclueless was serving as a houseboy to Turai YarAdua

The bigotted crap above is what secondary school students call OP.
Stone throwers sef! cry cry cry cry cry cry

@topic
You can tell the difference between both men from the types they attract.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/402192_neanderthalBuhari_jpg94a5dcb7e8dc00198a7a1091cb279960
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by Rhino5dm: 7:42am On Mar 20, 2011
^^^Funny pix, i tell ya. which software was that?? photoshop i guess undecided undecided

Now can we talk about Patience Jonathan's English?? grin grin grin

I equally think you live in a glass house too, so learn not TO throw[b] STONE[/b]. . . Broda!
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by Pataki: 8:24am On Mar 20, 2011
I have said it once before on this forum, Nigeria has never seen a more apt and accurately foolish president than this Mumuluck Clueless Odechukwu Jonathan.

Such a spineless character. I pray that this punishment bestowed on Nigerians in the person of Clueless Jonathan be removed by this April poll elections.

@ topic,
The Mumuluck Jonathan that is from the South, where was he to show us what substance he has in vacuum head for Nigeria? At least he claims to be far more educated than the other top three presidential aspirants.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by tiatma: 8:56am On Mar 20, 2011
Newscaster:

Is Shekarau a Professor of English?

EzeUche_:

Ahmadu Bello spoke very good English.

Even though Balewa is not Hausa, he is still a Northerner and he spoke very good English as well.

I have seen many Hausas speek good English better than people in the South.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shekarau Is Hausa? Yeah? but can he beat this?

Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa is in a different league.  Nigeria's first Prime Minister beats Shekarau hands down

Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa spoke very well with exuding self confidence in this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twfjk3hoA4

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twfjk3hoA4?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by dayokanu(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2011
Retardeen Odechukwu Abdul-clueless receiving the Reetard of the year award

Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by ekubear1: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2011
@tiatma: Very cool video, thanks.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by KnowAll(m): 9:41am On Mar 20, 2011
Balewa was a remnant of the old English way of life. Even modern English men don't have that kind of posh upper class accent, how much more home-grown  Nigerian politician who grew up hearing and listening to Nigerians speak with heavy Nigerian accented English. There is bound to be a difference. However Shekarau spoke well for a modern day politician
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by tiatma: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Balewa was a remnant of the old English way of life.
Even modern English men don't have that kind of posh upper class accent,
how much more home-grown Nigerian politician who grew up hearing and listening to Nigerians speak with heavy Nigerian accented English.
There is bound to be a difference.
However Shekarau spoke well for a modern day politician

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin

Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa's self confidence, devoid colonial mentality and lack of inferior complex is always a pleasure to see

The dearth of posh upper class accent?

Ah, blame decandence and the commoners (i.e. Eastenders etc) for that  grin
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by Sagamite(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2011
KnowAll:

Balewa was a remnant of the old English way of life. Even modern English men don't have that kind of posh upper class accent, how much more home-grown  Nigerian politician who grew up hearing and listening to Nigerians speak with heavy Nigerian accented English. There is bound to be a difference. However Shekarau spoke well for a modern day politician

What is speaking well?

And this is directed to all of you, not only KnowAll.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by oderemo(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2011
@dayokanu, i beg thats my man ,babasuwe u dey make joke of there grin grin.
;easy oh
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by KnowAll(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2011
What is speaking well?

And this is directed to all of you, not only KnowAll.

To be sincere I do not see anything wrong with the 3 men in the debate. English is not our first language and secondly if you can utter and string a few words together in any language and your audience know what u are talking about, u have communicated, speaking a language is all about communication and getting a response and that is what is necessary. However having said that, if u listen to that interview with Balewa, u would notice the English reporter interviewing him also had a posh upper class accent which is a rarity in today's UK because of Political Correctness.

Today u listen to fresh men out of college with strong Northern Irish Accent on the radio, in the olden days people like that would have to go to a special school of diction b4 allowed to go on air. Even the role of playing " James Bond" in a film used to be the exclusiveness of Posh Accented fellows. Sean Connery's Scottish accent was not visible when he played this role.
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by tiatma: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Baba fariga here ooo

Steve, Steve, Steve please dont make serious allegations against Baba ooo  grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E&feature=related

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Shekarau Is Hausa - How Come He Speaks Great English Compared To Buhari/ribadu? by tiatma: 10:49am On Mar 20, 2011
Cant seem to find the Dimeji Bankole interview

but here is Cecilia Ibru's on BBC Hardtalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3QXZCRSp8

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3QXZCRSp8?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cpc Justifies Killings / Two Nigerians Make Global News / New Internet Is Coming- The World Wide Grid (WWG) !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.