Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18550 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2011
Three presidential candidates have pulled out of a televised debate scheduled for March 29 2011 according to a press statement signed by spokespersons of the campaign organizations of Shekarau for Nigeria, Buhari Campaign Organization and Ribadu Presidential Campaign Team.

See press statement below:

Our Position On President Jonathan’s Refusal To Participate In The Presidential Debate Organised By Nn24

We the spokespersons of the Presidential Candidate of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP); the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) wish to clear the air on the matter of the presidential debate organised by NN24 so that our teeming supporters and Nigerians in general will understand and appreciate our position.
We had held series of clear-the-air meetings under the auspices of the organisers at which logical and other arrangements for the debate were exhaustively discussed.

The representative of the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Dr. Doyin Okupe, was in attendance and actively participated in all deliberations.

It was at Dr. Okupe’s instance that the two dates earlier proffered by the organisers; March 8th and 15th  as contained in the memorandum of understanding signed by the three candidates were rejected because according to him, those dates were not convenient for his candidate. Dr. Okupe, on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan, suggested the March 18th date in which the debate was successfully held.

All of us accepted this date not because it was convenient for our Principals, but as our sacrifice to afford Nigerian voters an opportunity to assess and judge the candidates’ programmes as well as personality under the spotlight.

For emphasis, we had to adjust our respective campaign time tables at great logistics costs to us as our sacrifices for the growth of the culture of debate as an essential ingredient of the open society.

We indeed bent backwards for the office of the President even when we are fully aware that the occupant is no more than a co-contestant in the context at it were.

But the there is a limit to which we can subject ourselves to this sheer impunity of the ruling party which they have flunked on our faces as a people in the last 12 years. The PDP has a record of shunning every Presidential debate since 1999.

We are highly suspicious of the celebrated romance with the BON debate by the president Jonathan’s camp which shunned the NN24 debate without an apology. We can only hazard that since most of the agencies organizing the BON debate are government parastatals, the organizers may not be in a position to resist the request for advance questions being given to the debates in which the NN24 agreed with us because they were independent. This does not mean that the men and women running these agencies lack integrity but the awe some power of the presidency may be too much for them.

Our principals being men of dignity with high regard for the people of Nigeria will not be part of such orchestrated charade of a D'Banj's “kokolete” debate.

Like millions of other Nigerians, we consider this behaviour  of the president as egotistical, condescending and unbecoming of a man seeking a mandate to govern Nigeria. Leadership entails humility and respect for others.

A situation where the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation deliberately set out to humiliate other Presidential Candidates by reneging on an agreement it proposed is unacceptable to us and the millions of our supporters.

Consequently, we state without ambiguity that our principals will not honour any debate session with president Goodluck Jonathan in the 2011 elections as he has arrogantly shunned the credible debate for which we made ourselves available.

Future presidents of Nigeria will have to be more careful in dealing with the feelings of others.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/breaking-news-ribadu-buhari-and-shekarau-pull-out-jonathan%E2%80%99s-tv-debate
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2011
I guess they also chickened out---- when the BIG MASQUERADE came out to dance,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2011
LOL! They are afraid of being disgraced! grin grin grin grin grin

Big juju come out, small pikin take off!!!!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2011
It was at Dr. Okupe’s instance that the two dates earlier proffered by the organisers; [size=18pt]March 8th and 15th  as contained in the memorandum of understanding signed by the three candidates were rejected because according to him, those dates were not convenient for his candidate. Dr. Okupe, on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan, suggested the March 18th date in which the debate was successfully held.[/size]

All of us accepted this date not because it was convenient for our Principals, but as our sacrifice to afford Nigerian voters an opportunity to assess and judge the candidates’ programmes as well as personality under the spotlight.

For emphasis, we had to adjust our respective campaign time tables at great logistics costs to us as our sacrifices for the growth of the culture of debate as an essential ingredient of the open society.

We indeed bent backwards for the office of the President even when we are fully aware that the occupant is no more than a co-contestant in the context at it were.

But the there is a limit to which we can subject ourselves to this sheer impunity of the ruling party which they have flunked on our faces as a people in the last 12 years. [size=18pt]The PDP has a record of shunning every Presidential debate since 1999.[/size]

We are highly suspicious of the celebrated romance with the BON debate by the president Jonathan’s camp which shunned the NN24 debate without an apology. [size=18pt]We can only hazard that since most of the agencies organizing the BON debate are government parastatals, the organizers may not be in a position to resist the request for advance questions being given to the debates in which the NN24 agreed with us because they were independent[/size]. This does not mean that the men and women running these agencies lack integrity but the awe some power of the presidency may be too much for them.

Our principals being men of dignity with high regard for the people of Nigeria will not be part of such orchestrated charade of a D'Banj's “kokolete” debate.

Like millions of other Nigerians, we consider this behaviour  of the president as egotistical, condescending and unbecoming of a man seeking a mandate to govern Nigeria. Leadership entails humility and respect for others.

A situation where the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation deliberately set out to humiliate other Presidential Candidates by reneging on an agreement it proposed is unacceptable to us and the millions of our supporters.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by ektbear: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2011
So all parties agreed to a debate on the 18th?

Why didn't GEJ show up, then?

He made them move from the 8th and 15th to the 18th. . . and stood them up  
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 24, 2011
let good dunce debate with people of his calibre

dele momodu and chris okotie

while intelligent youths will be at the youth debate with serious candidates, gej and his legion of nfa supporters will be riley freemaning and getting down with the  kokomaster
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2011
Only NN24 is credible right------ NUJ, NPAN, NUJ, NANS, and all other civil associations associated with Nigeria Election Debate Group NEDG, and also the National Democratic Institute of USA ain't credible shebi,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 24, 2011
All Nigerians Get the chance to see all the candidates and they (RIBADU, SKEKARAU, BUHARI) chickens out! who made them elites? maybe on NL!
Guess they were more comfortable when they were on NN24, i wonder who airs that channel!
They have proven to us they are not worth our vote. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by PeeDaVinci: 11:21am On Mar 24, 2011
Ouch,

babasoty:

[size=14pt] Our principals being men of dignity with high regard for the people of Nigeria will not be part of such orchestrated charade of a D'Banj's “kokolete” debate.[/size]
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by ektbear: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2011
I'd still prefer to see a debate. If they'll expo GEJ, then let's let everyone see the questions beforehand.

Kind of a mediocre debate, but better than nothing.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:22am On Mar 24, 2011
Now that it is time for them to show what they have to BON which covers ALL Nigerian radio and TV stations, they've chickened out!
See cowardice from noisemakers!

--Beaf whistling--
. . .Its the story of Atiku repeating!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Becomrichn: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2011
bon
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 24, 2011
Even if the BON debating is all orchestrated to please GEJ, does it mean the other aspirants can't answer any question thrown at them at least this debate has a wider coverage than that of NN24---- and folks have the guts to crucify GEJ for not attending the NN24 debate, abegi***** fresh air jare,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2011
let the bon debate go on

even with prepared questions gej will still make a fool of himself again

expo is only useful in the hands of smart people

so many of my nfa classmates with all the expo, still finished with pass.

lets see how gej describes national security

maybe this will also be orchestrated by the koko master

sad really, the sort of reponses from these gej dunces

gej chickened out, which was why he did not show up for  debate he had commited to

buhari shekerau and ribadu are giving advance notice.

even if they were to participate in this charade, they would still floor good dunce

is it mr 'the tongue and the mouth do fight' 'job security means' 'i do not know what my campaign organisation is doing 'that they should be afraid of
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

Only NN24 is credible right------ NUJ, NPAN, NUJ, NANS, and all other civil associations associated with Nigeria Election Debate Group NEDG, and also the National Democratic Institute of USA ain't credible shebi,

LOL! How many people even know NN24 aside from a few members of the elite? 99% here on NL didn't even have access.

Now that the pretenders been invited to a debate that is open to the ENTIRE Nigerian populace, they've run off as fast as their little legs can carry them! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Becomrichn: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2011
o
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 24, 2011
knowing gej the debate may morp into another concert

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2011
I'm laughing so hard, I wanna die! After all their noise, they only ended up [i]Atiku[/i]ing!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Lagosboy: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2011
GEJ will debate with himself , argue with himself and eventually make a fool of himself.

Why should the 3 men honour BONs debate when GEJ ran with his tail in between his legs , fearing tough questions from Kadira Ahmed. I guess DBanj will be the anchor of the BON debate as well.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by otokx(m): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2011
They should have attended now as a measure of goodwill
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Gbawe: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2011
The shamelessness and routine lack of integrity of GEJ fans is , again , on display here. Even after OYB highlighted relevant sections that show why others now ignore GEJ the decietful talk still continues when fans of GEJ should actually hide in shame. GEJ , through his representative , chose the date of the 18th for the NN24 debate after rejecting other dates as unsuitable . Others worked around their schedule to accomodate Mr. President yet , arrogantly , he did not show up.  Are they now to just accede , like unprincipled simpletons, to showing up for the BON debate when Jonathan had messed them around in the past?  Nonsense.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 24, 2011
LOL! How many people even know NN24 aside from a few members of the elite? 99% here on NL didn't even have access.

it is still the same elite who will see the bon debate

thanks to gej's party the masses will not have the electricity to watch the debate

how far can 3800mw be stretched among nigerians watching the bon broadcast?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 24, 2011
But the there is a limit to which we can subject ourselves to this sheer impunity of the ruling party which they have flunked on our faces as a people in the last 12 years. The PDP has a record of shunning every Presidential debate since 1999.

Yes that's true and for once PDP has agreed to honour the Debate it runs away from and the oppositions chickens out.---- they just shot themselves on the foot-- I trust PDP to make a meal outta this blunder by the opposition.

I never voted for PDP in 1999, 2003 and even 2007, but with the advent of GEJ on the saddle seeing the way he came on board i felt its going to be a different PDP if he takes charge, a lot of folks put the sins of PDP on GEJ, like I always say the world was a bad place but even Jesus and Moh'd were born into it to make a change--- I see that with GEJ at the helms of affairs in PDP-- My vote goes to him.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by otokx(m): 11:42am On Mar 24, 2011
is there still 3800MW?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2011
Gbawe:

The shamelessness and routine lack of integrity of GEJ fans is , again , on display here. Even after OYB highlighted relevant sections that show why others now ignore GEJ the decietful talk still continues when fans of GEJ should actually hide in shame. GEJ , through his representative , chose the date of the 18th for the NN24 debate after rejecting other dates as unsuitable . Others worked around their schedule to accomodate Mr. President yet , arrogantly , he did not show up.  Are they now to just accede , like unprincipled simpletons, to showing up for the BON debate when Jonathan had messed them around in the past?  Nonsense.

why do you think odumakin called it audacious incompetence?

the thuggish area boy mentality - defeat logic with unintelligible incoherent shouting down

Lagosboy:

GEJ will debate with himself , argue with himself and eventually make a fool of himself.

Why should the 3 men honour BONs debate when GEJ ran with his tail in between his legs , fearing tough questions from Kadira Ahmed. I guess DBanj will be the anchor of the BON debate as well.

the same kadira  ahmed that gej's chief thug was claiming was swept off her feet by the dunce in chief

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-524671.0.html

otokx:

is there still 3800MW?

ask beaf  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

Yes that's true and for once PDP has agreed to honour the Debate it runs away from and the oppositions chickens out.---- they just shot themselves on the foot-- I trust PDP to make a meal outta this blunder by the opposition.

I never voted for PDP in 1999, 2003 and even 2007, but with the advent of GEJ on the saddle seeing the way he came on board i felt its going to be a different PDP if he takes charge, a lot of folks put the sins of PDP on GEJ, like[b] I always say the world was a bad place but even Jesus and Moh'd were born into it to make a change[/b]--- I see that with GEJ at the helms of affairs in PDP-- My vote goes to him.

kindly refrain from comments that muslims and christians will take as blasphemy/insults

Muhammed and Jesus are not recorded anywhere as being spineless , duplicitous liars who consorted with criminals and maintained the status quo
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by youngmonie: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2011
Some Nigerians should get their head together and look at the issues. GEJopted out of the first debatebecause of refusal to get the  questions  before the debate itself, how sensible is that?. When he saw Nigerians were clamouring for one and the neccesity of him  participating in one. It is only right  for the PDP led Government to organise and orchastrate their own debate. NIGERIANS ARE NOT FOOLS!!!, except for some pathetic  nad ignorant people that know that know the truth yet  make a mockery on themselves on here!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Lagosboy: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2011
oyb:

why do you think odumakin called it audacious incompetence?

the thuggish area boy mentality - defeat logic with unintelligible incoherent shouting down

the same kadira  ahmed that gej's chief thug was claiming was swept off her feet by the dunce in chief
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-524671.0.html

ask beaf lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

How time changes and GEJ had 6 months since then to show Nigerians his ability but shame o shame. If Kadira could write this sorts of things in october how come GEJ fled the way he fled to Turais chicken as the Chief Social Prefect.

Well done bro for digging this out
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by MaiSuya(m): 11:52am On Mar 24, 2011

KAI!!! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by youngmonie: 11:53am On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

[size=49pt]The 3 musketeers Atiku's[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"I'm Not Leaving APC" Tinubu Assures Nigerians / Transparency International Rating: Buhari Government Blames Obasanjo, Ezekwesili / Tinubu: I Didn't Disparage Osogbo People, My Comments Were Twisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.