Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland (3215 Views)

Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin / Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 / Jeremiah Akaava Dies At 116 In Kogi (Oldest Monarch In The World) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Please stop all these.

Try and read...
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

maybe you are on nairaspace not on nairaland.

such comment have never existed here.

You are lying

I have been on this forum for about a year. I know you very well. You said that you are from Imo state.

Are you abagworo?
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 5:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Niger congo people have similar dna, but we have different genetic makeup.

And tell me the groups in Niger Congo...

Isnt Benin and Igbo part of it

If they are part of it, what gives ur DNA 100% guarantee?
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

errrm etinosa son of omonoba please u guys should try and reach out to your people in ogbaland.

try and reach out to them

Omo... Nothing concern me... The days of Benin imperialism are long gone...

Everyone should choose who they want to identify with
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Omo... Nothing concern me... The days of Benin imperialism are long gone...

Everyone should choose who they want to identify with

No it should concern you. They are your people or you didn't read where it was clearly written that they hold allegiance to bini.

So if you say it doesn't concern you then you are not sincere or helping issues.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

igbos have the least benin blood out of all niger congo people. Infact, we have more foreign blood (such as: cameroun, gabon, Rwanda) than benin blood. Even the percentage of the european blood I have is more than my benin blood. We are south easterners, period. cool
If you have less than 1% benin dna, then you are most likely igbo. Yorubas on the other hand have up to 50% benin blood and 20% ile ife, so that's how we differentiate.. Go for a dna test, if you have a lot of aro or nri blood then you are igbo.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

I have been on this forum for about a year. I know you very well. You said that you are from Imo state.

Are you abagworo?

Just a year and your poking your finger into my eye.

well I am not abagworo and you don't know me well.

I never said anything.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

abeg you guys should stop this bini-igbo thing. I don't like it. it is not good for future country that may come. such histories must never be encouraged. please stop...just stop

if there is anything to discuss it should be bini-yoruba history. that one go well.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Just a year and your poking your finger into my eye.

well I am not abagworo and you don't know me well.

I never said anything.

I was just asking wether you where abagworo or not. The both of you act similar. You guys like to deny igbo people off their origin, and tell them what they are.

1 year is enough for me to be able to recognize some nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

I was just asking wether you where abagworo or not. The both of you act similar. You guys like to deny igbo people off their origin, and tell them what they are.

1 year is enough for me to be able to recognize some nairalanders.

So you are trying to force identity on peace by fire by force or by any means possible.

Why is it hard for you to respect their decision and stand?
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

So you are trying to force identity on peace by fire by force or by any means possible.

Why is it hard for you to respect their decision and stand?

Idiot, Abagworo said that anambrians are igalla, Now you are coming here to say that Onitsha is bini does that make any sense to you?
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

abeg you guys should stop this bini-igbo thing. I don't like it. it is not good for future country that may come. such histories must never be encouraged. please stop...just stop

if there is anything to discuss it should be bini-yoruba history. that one go well.

Stupid man with amnesia. Aren't you the one trying to link onitsha with benin? grin
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Idiot, Abagworo said that anambrians are igalla, Now you are coming here to say that Onitsha is bini does that make any sense to you?

You are just beating about the bush, nobody said all those things you are accusing of.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Why are u emphasising on the DNA test... Those people there don't have identity crisis so there's no need for test

By the way what's ur guarantee that the DNA test will favor Igbos?

I don't really care which side it favors. All I know is that once they get their dna test done, this ikwerre igbo bini wahala will settle.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Stupid man with amnesia. Aren't you the one trying to link onitsha with benin? grin

Seems you read from one side of the eye.

Meanwhile u have overlooked your attack so much, if I had reported u, u would have been banned by now.

So I might do that if you go that road of insults again.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

I don't really care which side it favors. All I know is that once they get their dna test done, this ikwerre igbo bini wahala will settle.

You are more like a dictator, not different from idia amin , buhari or Wike.

You just want to impose identity on people by force?

God forbid.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

igbos have the least benin blood out of all niger congo people. Infact, we have more foreign blood (such as: cameroun, gabon, Rwanda) than benin blood. Even the percentage of the european blood I have is more than my benin blood. We are south easterners, period. cool
If you have less than 1% benin dna, then you are most likely igbo. Yorubas on the other hand have up to 50% benin blood and 20% ile ife, so that's how we differentiate.. Go for a dna test, if you have a lot of aro or nri blood then you are igbo.

That's one thing abt u guys... U guys just formulate theories that doesn't exist...

There is no such thing as Benin dna, Igbo DNA but Nnamdi Kanu has done a lot of harm.to ur thinking..

If we should do DNA for every Igbo we'll see that some pple genetic makeup will differ but ur ipob mentality has told u that there is Igbo DNA and Benin DNA.. Pls doctor can u specify the differences between the two genetic makeup

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are just beating about the bush, nobody said all those things you are accusing of.

Check up on the threads saying that Anambrians are igalla.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Pls bro... Enlighten me

What is the difference between Benin, Igbo, ikwerre and ogba genetic makeup

I'll love to learn from u
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Check up on the threads saying that Anambrians are igalla.
That was a clout chasing thread created by one Abia boy,
Even at that , Nothing there stated such.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

That's one thing abt u guys... U guys just formulate theories that doesn't exist...

There is no such thing as Benin dna, Igbo DNA but Nnamdi Kanu has done a lot of harm.to ur thinking..

If we should do DNA for every Igbo we'll see that some pple genetic makeup will differ but ur ipob mentality has told u that there is Igbo DNA and Benin DNA.. Pls doctor can u specify the differences between the two genetic makeup

It depends on the location where your ancestors dwelled.

Igbo dna is very similar to each other.

The african americans abroad, how do they determine whether they are igbo or not?
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Coneheadyutes(m): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are more like a dictator, not different from idia amin , buhari or Wike.

You just want to impose identity on people by force?

God forbid.

My advice is for them to know their origin so that they can stop disturbing ndigbo.
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

No it should concern you. They are your people or you didn't read where it was clearly written that they hold allegiance to bini.

So if you say it doesn't concern you then you are not sincere or helping issues.

Lol... They held allegiance to my tribe... We didn't force them... We are not imposing identity on anybody... If according to their history they trace their origin to Benin, we are honored by it...

We already accepted them... Almost every tribe in Edo trace their origin to Benin... It was an honor to the Benin kingdom and u don't see Benin chest beat abt it...

We accept that they are our brothers ,... But since they are our brothers, should we dictate their lifestyle to them...

It amuses me how a tribe traces their origin to Benin but Igbos will be fuming..

At least they clearly saw Igbos before saying that they came from Benin... So why should the Igbos be complaining abt the decision of another tribe

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol... They held allegiance to my tribe... We didn't force them... We are not imposing identity on anybody... If according to their history they trace their origin to Benin, we are honored by it...

We already accepted them... Almost every tribe in Edo trace their origin to Benin... It was an honor to the Benin kingdom and u don't see Benin chest beat abt it...

We accept that they are our brothers ,... But since they are our brothers, should we dictate their lifestyle to them...

It amuses me how a tribe traces their origin to Benin but Igbos will be fuming..

At least they clearly saw Igbos before saying that they came from Benin... So why should the Igbos be complaining abt the decision of another tribe

I tire oooo

Their decision should be respected but not only honoured reach out to them as your people.

At least where u all meets to deliberate and rub shoulders as brothers and as blood.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Etinosa1234: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
Juliusmalema:

I tire oooo

Their decision should be respected but not only honoured reach out to them as your people.

At least where u all meets to deliberate and rub shoulders as brothers and as blood.

Oba of Benin went to Rivers state recently ... He met with wike

I'm sure the oba communicates with all who trace their origin to the Great Benin Empire

1 Like

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Oba of Benin went to Rivers state recently ... He met with wike

I'm sure the oba communicates with all who trace their origin to the Great Benin Empire

What about an organizational umbrella covering you all ?
Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

My advice is for them to know their origin so that they can stop disturbing ndigbo.

You are the one disturbing yourself by kicking unnecessary and disturbing their peace on their own decisions.

They didn't disturb ndigbo rather you frame of mind is too emotional.

Move on as they have moved on.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Kirigidi(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
otokx:
Some Rivers rulers do not stay in their palaces prefering to reside in Port Harcourt.
What you don't understand is the lasting impacts of centuries of Benin Empire's domination and colonization of much of Southern Nigeria. Before the arrival of the British, Benin imperial rule cut across several ethnic groups (Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Urhobo-Isoko, Ishan, Itsekiri, Afemai, Ukuani, Ogba, Egenni, etc), all of which saw Benin city as their traditional, ancestral and political capital irrespective of the diversity in tongues. Many of their kings in the ancient times were either Benin princes or were crowned by/or given authority to rule over their people by Benin monarchs. That is why till today the real indigenes of Lagos even though they speak Yoruba language and bear Yoruba names still claim Benin origin. The same thing is applicable to the Igboid groups in Delta State who will tell you to your face that they descended from Benin not Igbo. Likewise Itsekiris even when they speak a Yoruboid language will still tell you that they are from Benin. Also many of the Ijaw communities in Delta State up to this very day still claim that they came from ancient Benin Empire. This is majorly because many of their ruling houses and kings in those days came from Benin; style of kingship, royal regalia and symbols of authority were bestowed on them by the Binis. That is what centuries of overlordship by Benin can produce. You don't have to blame or insult them and it's not something you can change. It is their heritage, history and culture.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Kirigidi(m): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
gidgiddy:

Listen, there is nothing wrong in being influenced by Bini. Bini was once a huge empire and was bound to influence others. The only thing is a bit funny is when someone claims Bini ancestry when the evidence on the ground says otherwise. Take this king of Ogba for example. His father and grandfather all had Igbo surnames and probably spoke Igbo as their first language, but they will say that they are Bini men. Even if one can explain the language, how does one explain name change? Rivers state is not that far from Edo state. How did a group of Bini people travel that short a dista only to forget their Bini surnames and and language? Someone has to explain that one to me
I want you to also consider this: Virtually all the Emirs in Hausaland are Fulanis. How many of these Fulanis still have Fulani names? How many can still even speak and understand Fulani language fluently? As it is today many Fulanis have lost their native/indigenous names, what you hear them bear today are Arab and Hausa names, e.g. Muhammad, Sanusi, Abubakar, Musa, Suleiman, Adamu, etc. Many Fulanis as at today cannot speak Fulfude and have now adopted the language of the Hausas they conquered, and all these happened within a period of about 200 years they entered Hausaland. My point is language is very dynamic; it can be picked up and can also be abandoned. Moreover, in many cases it is the ruling houses that came from Benin to rule over a people surrounded by Igboid groups. It is therefore natural for the ruling families over several centuries to adopt the names and language of the people they came to rule.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland by Kirigidi(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

Idiot. It was my genetic makeup that defined me as an igbo man. I have a 100% match with the igbo genetic make up. I am 100% igbo.

Bini man, Please don't come and start grabbing our land. We are not gullible like the ikwerre. You can have them, but you surely can't have us.
What do some of you Igbos gain by lying stupidly and senselessly? So DNA now set determine one's Ethnicity!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Represent Where You Are From / Angola Won The Miss Universe Beauty Contest: However, Did You Know She Cheated. / Black Holes ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.