Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada (38925 Views)

Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London / Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:59am On Mar 19, 2011
Hmmn interesting Kings University www.kingsu.ca says they are interested in admitting Nigeria students

I was looking at U.K, U.S and Canada Universities and i found this school as the cheapest of all per year.

I called the school and the school said yes they are interested in Nigeria Students and as a matter of fact they have people they have consulted for admissions at Kings University.

The School said they are waiving TOEFL for students with A's and B's in English at WAEC and NECO

I went to their website and i found out that their tuition per year is 9331 per year.

i think lots of Nigeria Students will rush this school, especially with the easy of getting Canadian Students VISA, unlike U.S and U.K

1 Like

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
A friend of mine told me he just got admission letter to Kings University(www.kingsu.ca)
He was ask to pay minimum tuition deposit and he will be given a letter to the embassy.
He is expected to be in Edmonton, Alberta CANADA by August, 2011
Good things about Kings University is that, you can finish you program in 3yrs just like U.K School.

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by babsharon(m): 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2011
how much is their minimum tuition fees before dey will send ur packager to d embassy
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:41am On Apr 04, 2011
babsharon:

how much is their minimum tuition fees before dey will send your packager to d embassy

@ babsharon,

All you need to pay is the tuition deposit of $1850 only for Nigerians Students. However, you will have to pay your application fee of $140.

Then all you need to do is to send your NECO and WAEC result information with a scratch card pin to admissions office through email: admissions@kingsu.ca

Although Kings requires that you have TOEFL, you can still get admissions without toefl, however, you will have to take some test of English course when you get to Kings.

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:54am On Apr 04, 2011
babsharon:

how much is their minimum tuition fees before dey will send your packager to d embassy

Yes for admissions package its $1850. You will need 5 credits including English in WAEC and NECO

if you need further help, you can email me at dyvinson7@yahoo.com and if you have applied and having some problem, i can help you contact the admissions office.

The Enrollment Director is my friend

Good things for Nigerian Students who is interested in soccer, you can apply now

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Manweysabi(m): 6:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
do they run an msc. program in the school.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
Manweysabi:

do they run an msc. program in the school.
@Manweysabi,

No Kings University does not have any Master or post-graduate Program,
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by chinne1(f): 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
I am highly interested in this.
@divinson, i have sent you a mail, please write back to me and help me with the details.
I will appreciate it so much.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
chi-nne:

I am highly interested in this.
@divinson, i have sent you a mail, please write back to me and help me with the details.
I will appreciate it so much.

@ Chi-ne,

I am glad that you are interested at Kings University a school with preference and uniqueness.
The process of getting into Kings is not difficult, however you will be ready to getting rolling as soon as possible if you want to be at Edmonton Canada by September 2011.
I want to believe that you have your O'Level 5 credits which is the perquisite for admission.
1. What you need to do now is to apply at www.kingsu.ca/apply
2. Buy scratch cards and send the pins to admissions@kingsu.ca with your WAEC and/or NECO result, if you are combining your result.
3. Pay for Admission fee $140
4. If you have TOEFL you can submit, if not you will still get admission but will be mandated to take PEAK equivalent of TOEFL when you arrive at Kings.
5. You will wait for admission decision, once its made, you will be sent admission letter
6. You will be ask to pay your Tuition |Deposit of minimum of $1850 for Nigeria students only, other country pays more
7. A letter to the embassy will be sent to you for your Visa application.

I will recommend that you send me email at every process so i can help you check with the school. Remember that Canadian Embassy requires that you apply around May (3months) before admission.
for further question, just sent me an email and expect response between 5 minutes to 1hour
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by suwailad(f): 12:53am On Apr 11, 2011
@dyvinson7

What are the chances of being rejected a student visa even after applying to the school and paying the part fee?
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:32am On Apr 11, 2011
suwailad:

@dyvinson7

What are the chances of being rejected a student visa even after applying to the school and paying the part fee?

@ suwailad,

Usually if you have all your documents as Original, Canadian Embassy will not and i say will not reject you a VISA. The only reason why you will be rejected is if you did not submit original documents and they found out or you lied while filling your application form. Also, you can be rejected if you did not submit your VISA application on time by not allowing 3months before resumption date.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by loveydud: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2011
I sent you an email but you didn't reply.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2011
loveydud:

I sent you an email but you didn't reply.

@loveydud,

I am sorry for not replying. I did not see your email, i want to believe it went to my Junk mail; however, i might have deleted it, because my junk mail is deleted automatically or manually sometime. You can resend the email and leave a note here that you sent email. I usually reply between 5 minute to 1hour of every email i received.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by chinne1(f): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2011
Thanks Dyvinson,
I appreciate all your response and explanations, thanks once again.
But I have these few questions to ask.
1. If i apply online, and send the pin numbers to them, how will they know am the same person,
2. Do i need to send a scanned copy of the WAEC result or what?
3. How and to who do i make the payment?
4. When do i apply, now or in May?
Feed me back with the answers to these few questions so i will know what step to take next.
Thanks for your support again.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by loveydud: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
OK, i just sent you an email again.Please check.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2011
loveydud:

OK, i just sent you an email again.Please check.

@loveydud,

I have replied to your email. Please start with the process immediately. You can send me an email if you need further clarifications. I might not be able to answer you immediately because i have exam today. However, as soon as i am done. I will get back with you, Don't forget, if you want to be in Edmonton by August, do all the needed requirement and your admission letter can be sent to you within two weeks, just forward me your student id and i will follow up with the admissions office, You will need to apply for your visa by May, 2011 so get all that you need to apply with; like International Passport, picture passport, bank statements etc. I will send you the detail to your email soon, but start the application process immediately, @ www.kingsu.ca/apply
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
chi-nne:

Thanks Dyvinson,
I appreciate all your response and explanations, thanks once again.
But I have these few questions to ask.
1. If i apply online, and send the pin numbers to them, how will they know am the same person,
2. Do i need to send a scanned copy of the WAEC result or what?
3. How and to who do i make the payment?
4. When do i apply, now or in May?
Feed me back with the answers to these few questions so i will know what step to take next.
Thanks for your support again.

@ Chi--nne,

1. If i apply online, and send the pin numbers to them, how will they
know am the same person,  ANS: Once you apply, you will have student/application ID. You will include all that information.

2. Do i need to send a scanned copy of the WAEC result or what? ANS: you do not need to scan anything. Kings |University want to make the entire process easy for you. All you need to do is to put your names, examination number and all necessary information that will help Kings University admissions office to retrieve your WAEC or NECO result on WAEC/NECO website.

3. How and to whom do i make the payment?  ANS:   Once you apply, towards the end of the application it will prompt you for application payment of $140, if you have Credit cards you pay. If not i can help you pay, but you will have to pay me in naira the equivalent and the transaction fee

4. When do i apply, now or in May?: ANS: You will need to apply now so King can give you admission letter before May if you want to be at Edmonton Canada by August, 2011. Because you need to apply to the embassy by MAY , 2011.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by loveydud: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for your email.I'm currently applying but it appears my secondary school doesn't appear on the apply Alberta site and it didn't allow me to put the name of my high school other than the one the site suggested were registered schools in nigeria.i guess i'll send it like that and later inform the school.Also about the application fee,i don't have a credit card, how do i pay you in naira.u have family in Nigeria.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2011
loveydud:

Hi,

Thanks for your email.I'm currently applying but it appears my secondary school doesn't appear on the apply Alberta site and it didn't allow me to put the name of my high school other than the one the site suggested were registered schools in nigeria.i guess i'll send it like that and later inform the school.Also about the application fee,i don't have a credit card, how do i pay you in naira.u have family in Nigeria.

@luveydud,

Check your email, i have sent you needed information for payment. Also you do not need to worry yourself if the school is there or not. Kings University is particular with your WAEC/NECO result. so skip the area that does not have option,
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by lanlo: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ dyvinso7,

I av been following your post so far dyvinso7 at nairaland.Are you a marketing agent to the school ?
The issue of payment is the main problem that i foresee here.Because i dont av credit card.
Please give me any way to solve this issue,Thanks for been a true naija.
Be expecting your reply ASAP.I try to mail you but there is failure delivery report sent back to me.This is my email labummy@gmail.com
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2011
lanlo:

@ dyvinso7,

I av been following your post so far dyvinso7 at nairaland.Are you a marketing agent to the school ?
The issue of payment is the main problem that i foresee here.Because i dont av credit card.
Please give me any way to solve this issue,Thanks for been a true naija.
Be expecting your reply ASAP.I try to mail you but there is failure delivery report sent back to me.This is my email labummy@gmail.com

@ lanlo,

ANS: I can help you to pay if you want. However, you will need to give the money to my relatives or pay into my Nigeria account. You must have type my email wrongly for you to have failed delivery. My email is dyvinson7@yahoo.com You need to pay your application fee as soon as possible to allow instant application process. I have some list of students with urgent application processing that needs to be here in Edmonton by August, 2011. So i am talking with the Enrolment Director on this. I could add your name as soon as you pay. where are you, lagos or other state from lagos? If you are in lagos its better you give the money to my relatives if not you pay to my bank account if you are outside lagos. I will help you pay within 30min of payment confirmation in naira. Remember to email me with any concern.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by chinne1(f): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for your help mr. dyvinson,
but am curious,
a lot of things have happened here online that makes one wonder who to trust or believe.
Truly you have been of immense help to me and every other person who is interested in this stuff,
but this one thing i have been trying to place a fix on since this thread have been going on,
What is your relationship with this institution?
I ask this because i dont want to make more mistakes concerning things like this,
I was almost scammed last week because of issues like this, i dont want to mention names, I thank God i wasn't that desperate if not, it would have been a different story for me.
Be frank with me, i don't want to loose this confidence i have built in you for these past few days of my communicating with you.
I will for ever appreciate your gesture if at the end every thing about this is real.
Thanks again.

Chi-nne.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
chi-nne:

but am curious,
a lot of things have happened here online that makes one wonder who to trust or believe.
Truly you have been of immense help to me and every other person who is interested in this stuff,
but this one thing i have been trying to place a fix on since this thread have been going on,
I ask this because i dont want to make more mistakes concerning things like this,
I was almost scammed last week because of issues like this, i dont want to mention names, I thank God i wasn't that desperate if not, it would have been a different story for me.
Be frank with me, i don't want to loose this confidence i have built in you for these past few days of my communicating with you.
I will for ever appreciate your gesture if at the end every thing about this is real.
Thanks again.

Chi-nne.

@ Chi--nne

I am the school representative.  My name is what appears at the bottom of each email i sent to you. You can call Kings University to ask about me. However, if you are suspicious, You can Kings University. The only reason why i am doing this for you is because internet is free here in Edmonton at least reasonable even if it cost something.

If you have credit card to pay for your admissions fees, there is no reason to contact me. i will still assist you as much as i can for free, if you want. I have not ask you to pay me, i am only rendering this service for free to Nigerians. I know how much it cost to give or render admissions service.

As a matter of facts, students pay more than N100,000 for this services i am rendering to you for free.
If you still want me to pay for you, remember you will have to email me your student ID and all that you used to log-in to fill your admissions application. I need this information to be able to access your account and then make payment from there.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 7:39am On Apr 14, 2011
chi-nne:

but am curious,
Thanks aga

Chi-nne.

@ Chi-nne,

To put to bay your suspiciousness and doubt, i have gone to do research on how you could get a credit card to pay for your application fees. The following link is the UBA Master Card. I once remember during my visit to Nigeria that UBA was advertising Master Card and that master card in now in Nigeria Market. You can make  further inquiries on this by going to Nigeria banks.

http://www.ubagroup.com/web/group/genericpage/109
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2011
just applied now

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yemming:

just applied now

Yemming,

Got it. Don't forget to follow the steps i sent you via email. Also try get your WAEC and or NECO scratch cards pin and email it to admissions@kingsu.ca with all your WAEC/NECO information. Include your Student ID when emailing the information
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2011
i just replied your email now, i have completed my OND AND i am currently studying in cyprus., do you think i still need the toefl
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yemming:

i just replied your email now, i have completed my OND AND i am currently studying in cyprus., do you think i still need the toefl

Yemming,

Depending on your OND and your current academic performance in Cyprus, you will be excepted from taking toefl. However, you will have to submit your transcripts from both the school you did your OND and Cyprus to be exempted. The sooner you get your transcript sent to admissions@kingsu.ca the quicker you get your admission processed and get your admission letter. Don't forget you will have to get scratch cards pins for your WAEC/NECO so that King's University can retrieve your result info from WAEC/NECO website.

The good NEWS for you is that you might just have to graduate in one year because you have OND and currently studying in Cyprus, if you don't change your course program from the one you are currently doing.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2011
thank you bro, i will be scanning my transcript(cyprus) and be sending it to their email, but the OND will be sent by my school UNILAG, i would love to know if the school has a refund policy for student who has been refund visa by the embassy,

thank you
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yemming:

thank you bro,  i will be scanning my transcript(cyprus) and be sending it to their email,  but the OND will be sent by my school UNILAG,   i would love to know if the school has a refund policy for student who has been refund visa by the embassy,

thank you

Yemming,

Good, send the result to admissions@kingsu.ca. Remember, if someone can help you get photocopy of the UNILAG OND result scanned and send to Kings's University while they are processing the original that will accelerate the admission decision.

Yes Kings's University has refund policy. Once you are granted admissions, you will then pay the Tuition Deposit of $1850. if by any reason you decided not to come to Kings again, $1500 will be refunded. However, if you are denied visa, you can still reapply again for your visa and you will still have your $1850. The only time Kings University will hold $350 out of your money is when you say, you are not coming to the school again.

The reason for this is that some students get to Canada and never report to the school, but want all their money back. To compensate for their administrative expenses, the $350 will not be refunded.

However, base on past experience and trend, i am very sure that you will not be denied a visa, as long as you did not lie in your application, apply to come to Kings University a month to your class start date,(which you can still get a visa if you re-apply), commit crime outside Nigeria and they find out(that happens to every country anyways). Above all you can still get you visa if you reapply most of the time except for felony related crime if they find out or fake document, if they find out.

Also, you have about 70%-80% chances that you may not be called for interview if you submit legitimate document and have everything filled correctly without a lie. However,  try to have photocopy of your application for future purposes and should in case you are called for interview you will be able to remember what you fill in, if you are asked any question.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
thanks bro for the prompt response, my OND certificate is not out yet but i have the TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN letter, confirming that i actually finished the course, do you think that might be helpful and secondly do you think i can pay for the admission fee with a prepaid card like gift cards,

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graduate Slips Into Gutter, Drowns After Downpour / Cows Disrupt School Activities In Benin City (Photos) / Final Year Student Of Michael Okpara University Killed In Accident In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.