Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate (4973 Views)

2015 Election Debate/Town Hall Meeting, APC Not Represented! / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates / Breaking News..jimi Agbaje Defeated Ambode In Lagos Governorship Election Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
soldee:

Democracy is about what the people want!

The people wanted the debate

Its not about the TV stations, its about the people!

----Oh, and the people are talking, and come April 2011, THE PEOPLE WILL BE VOTING

Who are the people if I may ask? You and your cronies on nairaland? I beg the real people are out there that dont even know what NN24 is and these same people will listen to the BON debate and massively vote for GEJ!
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

The bolded highlights the dumbness of your contribution from head to tail.

And for the record, US presidential candidates go through 3 presidential debates.
And so? are we a colony of the united states? If their candidates want to go through a million debates must we do it that way?
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Sagamite(m): 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
Ozin:

And so? are we a colony of the united states? If their candidates want to go through a million debates must we do it that way?

What rubbish are you chatting?

On what basis does Retardeen Jonathan Goofluck use to refuse to enter a debate?
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

On what basis does Retardeen Jonathan Goofluck use to refuse to enter a debate?
Call him whatever you want,he is the president of the most populated black country on earth.He is our president and there is nothing you can do about that now,ok? So if you conveniently call him silly names as you just did,then the same person is your president and will also win the election in April,so be ready to accept that fact or permanently make London your abode
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2011

Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by ekubear1: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

On what basis does Retardeen Jonathan [size=18pt]Goofluck[/size] use to refuse to enter a debate?

This cracked me up  grin
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
Ozin:

Whatever!!! your reason that he must appear on the debate is lame so get it right!

I would expect you to think that since you do not even understand your place or the place of a president in our democracy. You are too busy trying to wipe his arse for him to even notice that you have in fact started depicting him as a dictator in your many apologies for his action.

The fact is once any citizen signs up for public office, he becomes a PUBLIC SERVANT --- an actual SERVANT OF THE PEOPLE, and it goes out to do things that actually help the people, organizations feel they are still part and parcel of the system. He was able to go out to campaign ground to campaign for himself but decided it was best to miss an avenue through which he can actually give the people yet a chance to answer their questions? And the excuse he gives is that it is OK for him to discriminate against one legit group because he feels another equally legit group should be in charge instead?

I know you guys get scripts as you all seem to be recycling the same reasoning. I however suggest you pre-read the script yourself so you know if it even makes sense before you go around spewing it at people.
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by fxtopedia(m): 6:56am On Mar 21, 2011
nateevs:

This epitomizes everything wrong with the Nigerian State. He will ask that the President revokes "freedom of the media" because of personal issues. Yet we wonder who those are that consider voting in GEJ.

If people like this don't understand basic social ethics by default, how do you explain to them that it isn't worth voting for GEJ?

I can't understand why some people are supporting GEJ for such a nasty ACT, Well fool would support fool sha!
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Bukittes(f): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2011
Reuters should go face their own country and leave Nigeria the hell alone! gbaranmi deleru gbogbo!
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by wise(m): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2011
GEJ is straight about this and it is very impossible for him to be available for the debate. Simple breakdown, Do you know the number of Homes without DSTV?

Local Market Traders, Ghetto or Slum Dwellers, those living below $100 a month, How can the President reached this people through NN24? That is a Big NO.

GEJ needs a Broadcasting Organisation that is available to all Nigerians via Local TV station.

For Example, in Lagos, Channels TV held a Governorship Debate some weeks ago and STV is planning the same thing, All this is irrelevant, they should have come together as one and have just one Governorship debate that would be televised by all TV Station.

Ribadu has no idea, He has no Road Map for changed but i salute Bola Tinubu, even though he is as corrupt as others, His Choice of FOLA ADEOLA really got me confused on who to Vote for.

Like d Yoruba popular saying, If u don't eat Yam because of Red Oil, U will eat Red Oil because of YAM, Please criticised constructively and don't let dem fool us again, ALL OF DEM ARE THE SAME.
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Donmeca(m): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2011
^^^ The above stands unopposed! Everyone says aye.

From Sagamite:
Your intellect is below my feet.

. . . and my foolishness is way above ur head. . .how about dat? And remember u've not made any meaningful contribution to the debate issue.

Ozin:

Call him whatever you want,he is the president of the most populated black country on earth.He is our president and there is nothing you can do about that now,ok? So if you conveniently call him silly names as you just did,then the same person is your president and will also win the election in April,so be ready to accept that fact or permanently make London your abode

Don't mind them. . .none of them took a timeout to come home & register and none will be qualified to cast any vote. . .they are doing all they can (critcise for d sake of criticism). NN24 has achieved all it set out to achieve.

But pray who watches NN24? Definitely not majority of Nigerians in Nigeria. Who watches/listens to/reads NTA, AIT/FRCN, etc (BON network)/Nigerian newspapers? Mainly Nigerians (and foreigners) living in Nigeria. Finally, will vote on April 9th? Only Nigerians in Nigeria (plus those who took a timeout to register at home). Why does d candidates need the debates? To sell their visions to the voters. So, which is a better platform to reach the voters?. . .Sagamite should give me the answer cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2011
shekarau is the best candidate based on that debate, and he is the one trying to uphold sharia law! nigeria is in serious trouble. all of these candidates are not ready. my vote is for the moderator of that debate. she has some sense.
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by ahwuyen(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
wise:

GEJ is straight about this and it is very impossible for him to be available for the debate. Simple breakdown, Do you know the number of Homes without DSTV? 

Local Market Traders, Ghetto or Slum Dwellers, those living below $100 a month, How can the President reached this people through NN24?  That is a Big NO.

GEJ needs a Broadcasting Organisation that is available to all Nigerians via Local TV station.

For Example, in Lagos, Channels TV held a Governorship Debate some weeks ago and STV is planning the same thing, All this is irrelevant, they should have come together as one and have just one Governorship debate that would be televised by all TV Station.

Ribadu has no idea, He has no Road Map for changed but i salute Bola Tinubu, even though he is as corrupt as others, His Choice of FOLA ADEOLA really got me confused on who to Vote for.

Like d Yoruba popular saying, If u don't eat Yam because of Red Oil, U will eat Red Oil because of YAM, Please criticised constructively and don't let dem fool us again, ALL OF DEM ARE THE SAME.

that is best reasons so far. GEJ all the way. to those calling there president all sort of demeanor names show their kind and wot they are made off. QED
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by Sagamite(m): 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2011
Donmeca:

From Sagamite:
. . . and my foolishness is way above your head. . .how about dat? And remember u've not made any meaningful contribution to the debate issue.

Yeah, I agree.

You foolish utterances blows over my head.

wise:

Local Market Traders, Ghetto or Slum Dwellers, those living below $100 a month, How can the President reached this people through NN24?  That is a Big NO.

What utter rubbish!

Impossible for him to do what?

What utter rubbish?

He is more busy than the President of the US that attends 3 presidential debates?

Clunking rubbish!

The president should attend all debates organised by reputable institutions to a reasonable amount.

Now here is the education. Get your pen and notebook out and start taking notes.

1) The president looks silly when he avoids and is the only one to avoid a debate all his main rivals are attending.

2) The president should attend all debates and not only one because there is never enough time to cover most issues in one debate.

3) Even if the NN24 reaches a certain proportion and not all, it still reaches a significant and highly relevant proportion of the population.

4) The people the NN24 reaches (the educated, middle-class, diaspora and the affluent) are most likely the most relevant economically to the nation and are very important.

5) The president can negotiate with NN24 or any other network to partner and expand reach if that is such a big issue.

6) The more debate the president attends the more issues can be covered and educate the citizenship.

7) Stop calling yourself wise. That is immensely offensive with your thinking level. Change your username and make sure you inform me when you have done so.

Dumbeca, do you see the answer?
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by EkoIle1: 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
The same d/umb and clueless man bragged about reading all the messages posted on his FB paged by hundreds of thousands of people (Na lie shah) , but not 2 hrs to dialogue with Nigerians,

I can't believe some fools are trying to give this moronic man 4 years to rule Nigeria,
Re: Reuters: Nigerian President Snubs Tv Election Debate by successtay: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
i do nt expect him to come because he don't have any thing to offer nigeria.you can not give what you do nt have.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protesters Burn Sokoto Council Office / Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. / No Going Back On Bombing Of Niger Delta Creeks-nigerian Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.