Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi (9893 Views)

Poll: WHich candidate impressed you most during the debate?

John Dara: 9% (6 votes)
Ekiti Ndok: 3% (2 votes)
Pat Utomi: 87% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by opalu: 6:41am On Mar 19, 2011
Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan has agreed to participate in the presidential debate being organised by the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON). In a statement yesterday, Niboro said Jonathan had accepted the invitation by the organisers who are doing it in collaboration with the Newspapers Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN).

The President explained that "After a thorough examination, a collective decision was taken to retain the body that had organised presidential debate since 1999 and has performed creditably well and so, no need to discard the platform and template for another."

The debate is slated for March 29 and will be broadcast live on the network service of the African Independent Television (AIT), Channels TV, Silverbird TV, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Radio Nigeria and other public and private broadcasting stations.

The statement said: "President Jonathan looks forward to seizing the opportunity of the debate to further present his case for the renewal of his mandate to Nigerian voters."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/31159.html
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by opalu: 6:43am On Mar 19, 2011
In my own opinion, these 3 presidentilal candidates should not attend. Let them leave Prof Utomi to wrestle it out with GEJ since it CANNOT BE FREE AND FAIR. Prof Utomi and REv Chris have ready questions for him since they are experts at public speaking
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by samsjoke(m): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2011
I think they should go where ever he goes. They guys are not afraid, GEJ seems to be. In this day and age,if you want to be a respected leader, you should never back down from a debate. GEJ hasn't shown himself to be credible by backing down from the NN24 debate. These other aspirants should not come down to his level
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Pharoh: 11:05am On Mar 29, 2011
Debate or no debate the most deserving candidate will surely win.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by tppv: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
[table]The President explained that "After a thorough examination, a collective decision was taken to retain the body that had organised presidential debate since 1999 and has performed creditably well and so, no need to discard the platform and template for another."[/table]

It's very funny how the PDP leadership reasons and how so many Nigerians allow themselves to be fooled.
What is this talk of a thorough examination and platform? Throughout the world, debates are organised by different media outfits within a country and presidential debates for that matter are not reserved for a specific body or unit.

In fact, if the NEDG is to lay any claims to an effective debate since 2003, it would have organised at least 3 different presidential debates bringing together the front runners in a build up to the elections as is done in developed democracies around the globe but instead they will organise just one debate and expect all the issues to be addressed!

And why should GEJ disregard debates organised by NN24? Are they not Nigerians? this again shows that GEJ will always play along with his friends and kee to the staus quo. Exactly what we don't want in a president. We need a courageous leader, not a coward.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by ideylaff: 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2011
Ohh the PDP organised one, 2 nite,

who's playing D'banj and Don Jazzy,

GEJ go fall for Okotie and Utomi hand ooo unless den collect money form Aso,

This will mess him up ooooooo

He has boxed himself into a corner now, ,, lipsrsealed
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
We hear that Dele Momodu, and Chris Okotie will not show for the Debate. Who are the candidates left to debate?
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Bensonite: 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2011
If President Goodluck made a grievous blunder by not attending the debate organised by NN24, would the same aspirants singing the songs of change do same. For once can't they prove to Nigerians they are different by not doing what they claim GEJ did?. Simply put pride and fear engulfs them all. After exposing their inexperience in governance in last week's debate certainly they opted out with excuses. The BON debate has a national coverage and should have given them opportunity to show what they have. Fashola showed his expertise yesterday and is already getting the credit.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by debest1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
what a pointless exercise, time that could have been better spent devising ways to address the obvious malaise the country is in
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by fizokey(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
Carry go my C in C, debate or no debate, head or tail, you will WIN with a landslide.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by room702(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
can we have live streaming of this debate? Please, na beg i dey beg una. or recorded and posted on youtube. thanks in advance
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by LoveKing(m): 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Gej no go kokoletz show? Dame the diva is doing a number today before the debate.
@fizokey do i know you? Austin?
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by drills: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2011
may politics not deter our sense of reasoning. NN24 is not know
n by Nigerians why should they be d one to conduct presidential debates for Nigerians. That is why DStv subscriptn would always be on d rise. Since we luv any made outside Nigeria.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Orikinla(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2011
The other presidential aspirants should not snub GEJ.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by omo9ja1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2011
I dey laugh if Mr President alone will be on the debate that is not debate, the event should be tag PDP final Campaign
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Asobank: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
fellas. This is definitely a gud day. I can't wait to see GEJ knockin out d likes of buhaha,abi na buhari, and d rest of d power-hungry and selfish men who don't have any thing 2 offer. GEJ NA U WE WANT. NA U WE GO VOTE.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by pek(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
my greatest joy will be seeing goodluck battle it alone just like his vice did yesterday.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Pukkah: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2011
Orikinla:

Why did he snub them?
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by mbatuku1: 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
I do not think debating skills=competency.

Not all of us are born good public speakers, though every public figure should strive to.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
You guys are joking if you think GEJ will lose a debate like this one. I can already imagine the questions.

HOST: Buhari, please be brief and clear. during your regime as Military Dictator of Nigeria, How do you reconcile your ascendancy via a Military coup and your attempts at a Civil coup in this democratic dispensation. you have 1 minute left.
BUHARI: Errm, Errm, Errrm
HOST: Thank you, you obviously have nothing to say at this point in time, please ponder over the question while we get to the next Candidate
HOST: Hello your Lordship Okotie quisnam es vos huic res quis can vos operor si ego dico vos an fossor. please reply in Mandarin-Chinese to demonstrate to the audience how you intend to address our diverse ethnic/religious/language differences.
OKOTIE: Errm, Errm, Errrm
HOST: Thank you, you obviously have nothing to say at this point in time, please ponder over the question while we get to the next President of Nigeria
HOST: Good Evening Your Excellency, OFR, CMB (Cash-Money-Brodas), CMR, MEND, MOG all due protocols observed.
GEJ: Thank you
HOST: Who is responsible for the Independence day bombings?
GEJ: It was not MEND
HOST: Your Excellency you continue to demonstrate such great depth and understanding of the true nature of our nation's myriad problems. You definitely bring the quality that this debate is sorely lacking.

I hope u guys know i am just poking fun  grin
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by fizokey(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Loveking
           Austin na my bro, are u his friend? Anyways i'm just watching the Channels Tv presidential gallup poll now and i'm scared @ wat i'm seeing: Buhari 50%, GEJ 14%, Shekarau 2%  chei!! My GEJ vote now has a K-leg oh. It's like i will join others and vote for, (To be continued)
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Homonide: 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2011
From all indications, we are in for another boring monologue with Mr Jonathan tonight,unless the '3 muskeeters' change their mind,which is almost impossible. but who knows, prof pat utomi might be there,and GEJ's ineptitude would be exposed to nigerians.
however,i salute d pdp for organizing this coup of a debate,its typical of them and they have reminded nigerians that they are still the master of the game.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Pukkah: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
mbatuku1:

I do not think debating skills=competency.

Not all of us are born good public speakers, though every public figure should strive to.

Exactly. This is why the decision by Mr Jonathan not to honour the previous debates didn't go down well with me.  What I was on the look-out for was not oratory but passion and a demonstration of willingness to solve our common problems.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by bisiaet: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2011
Let us not make too much noise as per debate or no debate the most important thing let the best candidate be the next president. Talking bla bla bla bla blu blu I will do this I will do that does hold anybody head anylonger all that matter is go in there if eventually win and do the job that is all.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
drills:

may politics not deter our sense of reasoning. NN24 is not know
n by Nigerians why should they be d one to conduct presidential debates for Nigerians. That is why DStv subscriptn would always be on d rise. Since we luv any made outside Nigeria.
NIGERIAN NEWS 24
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by Donmeca(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2011
Bensonite:

If President Goodluck made a grievous blunder by not attending the debate organised by NN24, would the same aspirants singing the songs of change do same. For once can't they prove to Nigerians they are different by not doing what they claim GEJ did?. Simply put pride and fear engulfs them all. After exposing their inexperience in governance in last week's debate certainly they opted out with excuses. The BON debate has a national coverage and should have given them opportunity to show what they have. Fashola showed his expertise yesterday and is already getting the credit.

My exact point when I said;
Nigerians will always find good reasons to do bad things. Instead of saying they are afraid of debate (after fooolishly letting Shekarau, an OND holder lecture them at NN24), they now say, "if GEJ could chicken out, we too can chicken out". It reminds of the president of NANF telling Brila FM " . . .if NFF could abuse court orders and nothing happened, we too (NANF), we are going to abuse court orders and see what will happen".

Our leaders shud learn when to swallow their pride for d benefit of the nation called Nigeria. Two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by ogazi007(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2011
Thank God super eagle will be taking on Kenya at 7pm.i do not have time to waste listening to a remote kinda president.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by baslone: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2011
Donmeca:

My exact point when I said;
Our leaders shud learn when to swallow their pride for d benefit of the nation called Nigeria. Two wrongs can never make a right.

Orikinla:

They are not snubbing him, they are also busy with affairs that need urgent attention.
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by swiftycool(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
i can imagimne the pdp puppet GEJ jacking books heavily since last night despite the expo he must have been given ahead of time by BON, yet he would still 4UK up & be as dumb & boring as an old overused toothbrush. imagine the statement refrained; that they sat down and assessed the organisers to see if they r deemd fit. . . who assessed? the puppet masters abi, just shows we'll still be voting for same greedy selfish cartel using a humble mumu as their smoke screen. Note GEJ has no power or mind of his own
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by peaceland(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hello All,
please can you help me clarify.
the news i heard was that the presidential debate would be on Wednesday. seems u guys are saying today.
now I am confused cos it seems Nigerian friendly match is also today.
obviously there is a mix up somewhere. cos same bon cannot be airing debate and match at the same time.
so one of the 2 is not rightly positioned/timed. kindly help confirm pls.
thank u
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by GBT(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
Thank God super eagle will be taking on Kenya at 7pm.i do not have time to waste listening to a remote kinda president.

Nice one bro, i mean come to think of it what new has GEJ got to offer?
Re: The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi by stiyke(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2011
Am not quite sure GEJ will be on screen today from the Debate group website schedule, Jonathan should be debating tomorrow.

http://www.nedgonline.org/new/PRESIDENTIAL%20DEBATE%20SCHEDULE.pdf

http://www.nedgonline.org/new/

That aside i feel Buhari, Ribadu and shekarau are behaving like kids, They are no better than GEJ, cause if they are and feel GEJ is wrong, they should show up to teach GEJ how to lead a nation, instead they are doing same "mistake" GEJ made. If they can make such mistake twice within 14days, then GEJ should win this election and continue in office cause we dont want someone repeating what GEJ did!!!

GEJ all the way! we know you are not infallible but you will do well!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? / DSS Foils Coordinated Terror Attacks In Kano And Three Other States / 2019: Buhari Remains Unbeatable Candidate – Bindow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.