Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok (3647 Views)

Poll: After Watching The Interview. Will You Vote For GEJ/PDP?

Yes: 22% (29 votes)
No: 77% (100 votes)
This poll has ended

The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC / Ne / The BON Presidential Debate Of March 29th: Dara vs Ndok vs Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by santanovva(m): 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
Finally, the much awaited 'recognized and official' presidential debate has come and gone, leaving different tastes in the mouth of observers.

Some of the candidates, Nuhu Ribadu, Gen Buhari, Shekarau pulled out, in protest of the Presidents  earlier 'truancy' from an NN24 (independent private station)organized debate, leaving the stage for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and some 'minors' to face the nation.

Before the debate, Sahara Reporters came up with a report that GEJ had received the questions before hand, and actually presented a list of 'expected questions' however, the questions,expos didnt seem to be real,or were they

Well, from the word 'debate' i would have thought it would be an encounter where views will be presented,opposed and challenged by contestants but  i was surprised by the nature of BON's packaging, was it a 'face the nation' or what (well this is just my view wink) but I can not but wonder, how successful  this BON organized debate has been.What are your views? was it qualitative at all or was it just a brilliant effort geared towards up playing one candidate at the expense of others were the right questions asked, in the right way,too?

How would you rate the debate and what are your general and particular observations?
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by DoNotBanMe: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
No. Start your own.

Asking was it ok. Did you ask the same question in the others before it.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by enyojo(f): 11:30am On Mar 31, 2011
DoNotBanMe:

No. Start your own.

Asking was it ok. Did you ask the same question in the others before it.

BEAF, WHY DID YOU ADD YET ANOTHER ID TO YOUR NUMEROUS IDs?

Waste of bandwidth.
see am self, he go copy Aisha2's signature come convert am to GEJ. I can see that u r a true believer of GEJ the man who has PHD in Copying and Dubbing
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by OjoOmoyen: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2011
There was no BON Presidential Debate, at least not when GEJ was present,a debate cannot occur unless there is more than one person, unless GEJ was debating against himself and presenting different arguments.

What happened yesterday was a 'Panel', akin to what you do when you are in University defending a research project, or when you are at an interview,

the other contestants humiliated Mr.President, but in the process, also showed us how petty they can be.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2011
The whole setup reeks of corruption. Truth be told, the whole BON debate is scripted.
It is easily observed that even the camera on cue swooped on the female ministers/DGs in the hall, when the question on 'women' was posed. If that was not preplanned, tell me what is.
What a shame!
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by anishe(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2011
Do you think any thing maningful will ever come out of BON debate? I have my reservation.
GEJ remains the most read person Nigeria has ever produced as President but despite that, he remains the dumbest of all the president.
Anyway, he has never be my Presdent and he will never be my President. OLODO RABATA
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by metrixauto: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2011
The guy spoke well even though if he has seen the questions, earlier as speculated,it just an allegation that has not been proven,anyway thats politics
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by peaceland(m): 11:56am On Mar 31, 2011
Hello,
compared with NN24. I think BON questions were rather lame or that NN24's questions were rather too harsh and too probing. there simply were no good follow up questions in the Bon case while the "1-lady riot squad" for NN24 drilled the contestants. in terms of quality i think BON organisers still have a lot to learn. they need to know that while you fear and respect your president; you need to be direct and say the truth. the kind of questions brf was asked in debates here in Lagos were quite direct and straight forward.
more so; gej (with due respect to him) was answering in generalised responses, he was not definite and nobody drilled him further.
its a shame the "3 musketeers" were not at this debate cos it would have pointed out this obvious lack of concise responses,
thank you
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2011
There was never any debate. . .it's just a camapign avenue for president retardeen jonathan !
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by fizokey(m): 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2011
Considering the fact that many of these anti-GEJ's on NL have multiple accounts, we can see how 'rigging' starts at home. April 11th will be a huge disappointment for many (esp. on NL), I dey laugh.

Fresh Air 2011
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Doyin2(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2011
No.

GEJ response to the issue of corruption was not satisfactory,the problem is beyond non-interference in the affairs of EFCC.

The president has a major role to play.The war against corruption can only be won by:

1.Leadership by Example:Asset declaration by president and his vice,ministers and other FG executives,prudent spending,financial accountability(including regular publishing of audited FG accounts)

2.Effective Reporting Line and appointment:EFCC boss should not be appointed by the president or else the president himself and his cronies would not be investigated.He should be appointed by the Judicial Commission and report to National Assembly, for example.

3.Elimination of Immunity Clause:The immunity clause is not suitable to african nations where corruption has been institutionalised.The argument of disruption in governance cannot be important as the calamity and consequence of this criminality  committed by the past and current Leaders.
A president should be able to champion the removal of the clause at the national assemly.

4.Special courts for speedy prosecution.A corruption case should not last more than 3 months.

etc,etc.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2011
fizokey:

Considering the fact that many of these anti-GEJ's on NL have multiple accounts, we can see how 'rigging' starts at home. April 11th will be a huge disappointment for many (esp. on NL), I dey laugh.

Fresh Air 2011

What else can I expect afterall everybody knows pdp always have the result before elections !
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by DTaj: 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
It was a rambling session, No figures, no facts, no data, no direct answers! Even the most elementary one asked about the below 50% percentage of budget implementation year in year out, the Ph.D. wielding olod rabata stated this: '50%? That couldn't be true! I could call my Minister of Finance or Economic Adviser to give you the exact percentage, I can't remember, but it couldn't be below 50%"

Imagine a President not knowing % implementation of a national budget! Haba! How worse could it get? Ph. D indeed! Olodo,
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by omo9ja1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
I am not anti GE, But have the right to write about my personal view, pdp should be vote out of power if we want a really change, i just want to see that, if pdp carry on in power I am just wondering if a country call Nigeria will continue to exist,

as far as the BON debate shame the stream link was not good enough keep freezing but I was able to see Mr president, I would have expect him to start in by apologising to entire Nigerians for not attending the previous debate, and he should encourage other political parties to pursue what will do Nigeria good not just the party, PDP agenda only favours member of their party check these out all the people saying fresh air they have benefited one way or another.

I would finally say that BON should be more organised if ordinary private sector can organise good debate with limited resources I don't see why BON can not do same if not more, they have tried - BON
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by ideylaff: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
Rubbish Comical Show, of All Time On the 9ija Political Scene Bar the Abacha March

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/03/30/in-pictures-a-monologue-by-president-jonathan/

Did they have to put the Vacant Sign on top the ANPP box,  9ija sha,  even Stevie Wonder can see there is no one there,

and the GCFR,  crap on GEJ's as well,  den no dey carry all these titles go heaven oooo

oga oooo
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by juman(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2011
Say President Jonathan
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by symbianDON(m): 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2011
it was a poorly executed charade. everything smack of mischief grin
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by seal777(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2011
I watched the show of shame with two GEJ supporters and the were ashamed of themselves. They never agreed to Vote Buhari-Bakare bt choose to abstain instead of voting GEJ.
I promise to work on them b4 election to Join us with 2votes to redeem this country from the Demon called PDP.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by sleekdot(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2011
scam!
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by karlnyeno: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
The three aspirants that stayed back are from the same stock
they are not happy with the ss presidency`s project. They should
go to hell, that`s were they belong. especially that one that looks like
a positive patient call Buhari.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by yomifoster: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2011
If some aspirants prefer to show up on a private tv station available to only dstv subscribers and then shunned a debate that is live on national tv and radio, then it is unfortunate and they are not fit to rule. Why must you stay away from a debate that all Nigerians will see and hear? Are they trying to govern only dstv subscribers or the totality of Nigerians with or without dstv? Im highly disappointed in Pastor Bakare for following such a stupid band wagon.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by alexleo(m): 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2011
weather you call it a monologue or interview or whatever, GEJ has once again had the singular privilege of selling his candidacy to the larger population and the trio of Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau has only succeeded in acting the fall guys. Now the coast is clear for GEJ's victory. God is at work. Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by seal777(m): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
Can u count the No of times GEJ had jumped at evri opportunity to appear on CNN and BBC not minding that those stations re exclusive cable stations to DSTV?.

This is an unintelligent argument.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2011
@Poster, it was definitely  not a debate --- there was absolutely no reason why the president could not have been joined by Dele Momodu or Chris Okotie. NEDG had sufficient time to re-arrange it's schedule but somehow chose instead to drop Okotie and Momodu, so no, we did not get a debate but a monolgue.

Quality of questions asked, compared to the NN24 debates were atrocious-- not poor. I doubt any intelligent being would put together such a line up for what should have been a serious debate or interview. I mean even CNN does a better job when it interviews mere entertainers.

The responses to the already horrible questions . . . left me wondering if the supposedly educated man providing all that was in fact the president of a nation of 150 million people -- where over 75% are living still in poverty.

This is my honest assessment. Overall, I think we need to do all we can to make sure that BON/NEDG does not do this to us again.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by frgy1: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
It was definitely a shameful outing.
IMO the debate served its purpose perfectly. It further strengthens the bond in mediocrity between GEJ and his supporters

To be honest , put your self in the man's shoes. If you are a mediocre that ,by several strokes of luck, find yourself running for the office of the president at a time when political awareness is at its highest , will you
1) Attend a presidential debate where you will be drilled so Hard in the presence of formidable opponents that you'll lose a large chunk of you elite voters ?
2) Rather not design the presidential debate you have decided to attend in such a way that you'll have nobody to best you and make your weaknesses more obvious ? (The 3 others pulled out about a week ago , why couldn't GEJ be the 4th man on the 1st BON debate? Their decision to abstain made it possible for BON to split the debate in two, thereby grouping GEJ with the 3 absentees )
3) Rather not make sure no damaging questions will be asked ? And nobody points it out when you answer un satisfactorily ?
4) Rather not have friendly faces in the audience who will boost you bellow average confidence ?

The man is only hiding his weaknesses , he can not give more than he has to offer, which is way less than the minimum requirement for the office of the president IMO
The man is looking out for himself. Sometimes I pity him , its his educated followers' reasoning that beats the hell out of me.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by jude33084(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2011
Doyin!:

No.

GEJ response to the issue of corruption was not satisfactory,the problem is beyond non-interference in the affairs of EFCC.

The president has a major role to play.The war against corruption can only be won by:

1.Leadership by Example:Asset declaration by president and his vice,ministers and other FG executives,prudent spending,financial accountability(including regular publishing of audited FG accounts)

2.Effective Reporting Line and appointment:EFCC boss should not be appointed by the president or else the president himself and his cronies would not be investigated.He should be appointed by the Judicial Commission and report to National Assembly, for example.

3.Elimination of Immunity Clause:The immunity clause is not suitable to african nations where corruption has been institutionalised.The argument of disruption in governance cannot be important as the calamity and consequence of this criminality  committed by the past and current Leaders.[/b][/b]
A president should be able to champion the removal of the clause at the national assemly.

4.Special courts for speedy prosecution.A corruption case should not last more than 3 months.

etc,etc.

Na Almigthy God na im go Bless u 4 that talk. cool
Why are we always trying to protect the criminals and persecute the innocent in Nigeria? undecided
Imagine Igbinedion with immunity protection undecided
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Vigilante: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2011
@Op - You mean presidential monologue, facade, fiasco?  Rubbish angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Demdem(m): 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2011
I honestly believe it was a charade. Much more disappointed with the panel itself i must add. There was absolutely no real substance yesternight.
Please come 2015 no-one should dare mention the NEDG. they have shown to be imcompetent and bias and i wont be surprised if PDP had sponsored. their rules were simply annoying. its better not to av audience at all than to have lifeless zombies. Infact why were questions not asked from ordinary nigerians. The whole SHOW was a shame. We simply need an independent body
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by deols(f): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2011
nd ds people blame students wen dey carry orijo, some form of leadership by example i pity my country ooooooooooo
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by Ben13: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
Me think he sealed up his campaign yesterday. I've never heard of a 1-man debate before.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by yomifoster: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2011
seal777:

Can u count the No of times GEJ had jumped at evri opportunity to appear on CNN and BBC not minding that those stations re exclusive cable stations to DSTV?.

This is an unintelligent argument.

Why must u allow emotion becloud your argument! Do u expect GEJ to talk to the international community through NTA and Nigeria radio?
For ur information, CNN, BBC etc are for international audience and the fact that they are on DSTV in Nigeria does not make them Nigerian stations. For any right thinking person who want to reach the vast majority of Nigerians, local tv stations like NTA and radio is the medium and not a private tv station like NN24 on DSTV. Stop thinking anti-clockwisely because of your simpathy for some candidates. Because with your level of reasoning, you will soon request the president to make his nationwide broadcast to Nigerians on NN24 or any DSTV platform.
Re: Bon Presidential Debate:was It Ok by tlops(m): 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2011
with PDP-GEJ anything is possible even one-man debate!

(1) (2) (Reply)

JTF Destroys Illegal Refineries In Edo, But Why? / DISGRACE TO PDP: Photo Evidence Of How Buhari Have Won Even On Nairaland / Housewife Holds Down Teenage Maid So Husband Can Rape Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.