Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers (24888 Views)

Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list / Mohammed, Fashola, Onu Set To Retain Ministerial Seats. / 9th National Assembly… Dogara Moves To Retain Speaker’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by omenka(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2020
gidgiddy:

Do you have any evidence that such meeting was held besides the stupid write up of that well known fake news website called nationonline? Isnt it strange that some Chiefs of Obigbo held a meeting but it is a Yoruba website that is reporting it?

They even changed the story from the one the wrote yesterday claiming that Dele Momodu met with the Chiefs

https://www.nairaland.com/6269279/chiefs-oyigbo-plead-army-not

They had to change the story because Dele Momodu has released the video of his trip to Obigbo and he met no Chiefs on that visit
Fake news indeed. Shameless boy. That was how you guys kept calling CNN fake news site because they refuse to pander to Trump like Fox or lick his balls like Kanu, only for CNN to become the most reliable news house overnight for publishing an article you consider harmful to Buhari.

If The Nation publishes a similar article as CNN tomorrow you'd spin around 180o and swallow the publication hook, line and sinker.

Your antic are old and staid, you should try other defences.

6 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by tonysunkan: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
The matter is a serious one.

Protests and agitations should be done peacefully.

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Xisnin(m): 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
They need the army to keep the violent Ipob in check.
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by OdefaGirl(f): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2020
I state clearly that most of our elders, chiefs and monarchs are our problem.
They care only for themselves and nothing more...... this is a general issue.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by alizma: 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2020
The fact remains that Oyigbo people were being terrorized by some hoodlums before the Army intervene. If you remove the curfew, the true and peaceful residence of Oyigbo people wants the army to stay.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by chukwuibuipob: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2020
angry Station the Pythons there permanently

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by IkwerrePikin: 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lajet:
Fake chiefs. the king of Obigbo has condemned the activities of the Army in Obigbo two days ago. So if wicked Wike like he should hire more criminal Elders to keep on deceiving zombies.

https://www.nairaland.com/6264236/oyigbo-rivers-monarch-asks-army

We don’t have Obigbo in Rivers state, so keep fooling yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by pacespot(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2020
Old men asking for more killings of innocent youth, I think the ipob youth should have known their enemies now

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by LordKushmann(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
obehi247:
"iPod" or IPOB would not still hear oh, they believe port Harcourt is Igbo and there is nothing the indigenous people can do about it

So Ọgbakọ Oyigbo resemble Fulani Language for your ear.. Anywhere that says it isn't Igboland should adopt another language let everyone rest. We're not disputing with Kalabari or Ogoni people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Ever8090: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
omenka:
Eyaaa. It appears you've been hoping to become a made man through the fraudulent and criminal activities of ipob, and seeing what it happening in OYIGBO, you feel your livelihood is under threat.

If I were you, I'd start looking elsewhere to fend for myself rather than this hopeless ipob course. Your invasion of Oyigbo was a catastrophic mistake and could possibly be the last you're ever allowed to make since it will ultimately result in the death of the criminal enterprise led by an unrepentant con man.

There are names of Chiefs in the report with what they said in QUOTATION MARKS, indicating they're being reported VERBATIM, so also L. G. Chairman. But given your penchant to scuff at whatever doesn't sit well with the security of your meal ticket, you had no choice but to call it fake news.

You're a disgrace to adulthood Gidgiddi.
you are such a wonderful writer,.I was reading through with a smile on my face,never knew the smile was there until at the near end...how I wish I can write like this,.but my secondary school drop-out tag will always tilt-out to announce my incompetence.. grin
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Onepeople: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2020
Redcrafton:

But this is your home land in Benue and you funny locals and your chiefs have not demanded for the retention of the security forces.

You left you state under continuous siege by the Fulani herdsmen and very much interested in another region.

What type of human being are you?
that guy is yoruba man ,maybe he lives in benue state, follow his line of argument u will understand what I am saying. He has no empathy for the people he called brothers .

5 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by chipet67(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
If you believe this news, then you are an idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by ChengHun(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
Learn video editing with ease
outline:
-subtitling - Disssapear effects - chroma key effects - film intros and outros - voice/ audio modification etc +bonus video jingle creation. all for just 1.5k The training is via WhatsApp, dm me on zero nine zero thirty one ten twelve fifty six.
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by ChengHun(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
Learn video editing with ease
outline:
-subtitling - Disssapear effects - chroma key effects - film intros and outros - voice/ audio modification etc +bonus video jingle creation. all for just 1.5k The training is via WhatsApp, dm me on zero nine zero thirty one ten twelve fifty six.
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
gidgiddy:

You are laughable just like the people peddling this fake news. This story was posted yesterday in the link below. They said that Dele Momodu went to Obigbo and met with the Chiefs, who narrated how IPOB attacked the area. When I now posted the video of Momodus trip to the area showing that he met no Chiefs, they quickly cut out Dele Momodu from the story and posted this new one

https://www.nairaland.com/6269279/chiefs-oyigbo-plead-army-not

So quotations marks is what makes a story true? Anyone can put quotation marks and mention any name. Thats why this story has no source.

What Im waiting for is the story of how IPOB, that is not known to be armed, killed 6 armed Soldiers. This is not possible without a heavy gun battle. Where did this gun battle take place? What are the name of these 6 Soldiers? Where their bodies? How is it that IPOB killed 4 Policemen and 6 Soldiers but nobody knows knows anything about them?

The authorities have become so used to Nigerians believing anything they dish out to them. They dont know that this is the age of social media where making false statements without evidence no longer obtains
well said bro!!I don't know the reason this so called zombies elders can't learn! They should on fooling there fellow efulefus with fake news!! As for that cultis called wike! His end is near
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by gidgiddy: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2020
QuotaSystem:

What are you saying? Save your juvenile antics for gullible ipob cretins.

This is from your link :

There is no difference from the Nations report. The Oyigbo Chiefs (Ogbakor Obigbo Oyigbo) don't want the army to leave because they fear the return of ipob terrorists. There was also no massacre by the military according to Dele Momodus eyewitness account.

Now except you're trying to be silly, there is no how the lack of a video will invalidate the detailed accounts of Momodu and the Oyigbo High Chiefs.

You're trying to be mischievous as usual but you have hit a brick wall this time.

The entire thing is fake. A group of Chiefs from Obigbo had a meeting but not one single picture of the meeting was shown. Then they claim that a Chief Obigbo met Dele Momodu, they even quoted what the chief purportedly told Dele Momodu. But Dele Momodu recorded his trip to Obigbo and he met no Chief. Below is the video of Dele Momodus visit, he met no chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y0Tkp_dU-M&t=106s

Thats why they quicky changed the story and cut out the portion where they claimed that Dele Momodu met a certain Eze Ukwu III

If some chiefs of Obigbo met and reached a resolution, it will not be some online media outlet based in the west of Nigeria that will carry the story

This news is as fake as can be

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by nolywe(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2020
This man is seeking portfolio from wike 2023....I have a big news for you all...No south south will see even vice president....believe me or not

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by toprealman: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
If half the same energy is used to fight militancy, Rivers will be the darling of all not only for Aristos.
IPOB has never been and will never violent. We should learn to seperate facts from fables.
If some hoodlums that speak Igbo are caught, it is not enough reason to tag them IPOB members.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by AwkaFinest: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
Iykopee:

[s]I live around mile one area, Emenike street precisely. U can't change the narrative to suit your purpose while thinking nobody is going to debunk your statement. That day the incident occurred in Mile one, how did u know it was IPOB members who attempted to burn Mile police station and UST roundabout Police station in the wave of EndSars protests rocking the nation?

Everything around mile one happened in my presence. And from what I saw, area boys and criminals around Emenike bus stop, including Iceland and Dey Bam cult groups were the guys wreaking havoc.

So, how does IPOB come into it?[/s]

You are not even ashamed to type this nonsense. As the earlier poster said it was ipob. Which area boys. You think you are the only one that was there that day grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by sunsewa16: 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lajet:
Fake chiefs. the king of Obigbo has condemned the activities of the Army in Obigbo two days ago. So if wicked Wike like he should hire more criminal Elders to keep on deceiving zombies.

https://www.nairaland.com/6264236/oyigbo-rivers-monarch-asks-army

Don't mind those jobless men, that gave themselves chiefs in one corner of onyeagorom str inorder to be receiving dividends from multi national companies in the name of monthly settlement with big Caps, and wrapper on their waist to attend meeting where all that matters in the meeting,is what will enter their pockets,if the company like,let them employ Cameroun citizens don't matter to them.
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by lichocho(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
valirex:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/tension-persists-in-oyigbo-as-chiefs-beg-army-to-retain-troops/amp/
una just de shout fake news up Nd down..na Igbo go first start but if mata change dem go begin make noise..
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Iykopee(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
AwkaFinest:

[s]
You are not even ashamed to type this nonsense. As the earlier poster said it was ipob. Which area boys. You think you are the only one that was there that day grin[/s]

Prove it was ipob or keep your daftness within yourself
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Angelmichael63: 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2020
It is well
Igbochief001:

Do u even know who far oyigbo and mile one is apart ?

So the diobu thugs are now ipob right ?

Make una just dey lie anyhow
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
LordKushmann:

So Ọgbakọ Oyigbo resemble Fulani Language for your ear.. Anywhere that says it isn't Igboland should adopt another language let everyone rest. We're not disputing with Kalabari or Ogoni people.

They should the aboriginals decide their ethnicity.

In Edo and Delta State for example, there are multi lingual ethnic groups and they have successfully manager their people, even better than what the Nigeria govt have done
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Angelmichael63: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
God is alive
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
Igbochief001:

What tribe is oyigbo again ?

They should the aboriginals decide their ethnicity.

In Edo and Delta State for example, there are multi lingual ethnic groups and they have successfully manager their people, even better than what the Nigeria govt have done
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by AwkaFinest: 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
Iykopee:

[s]Prove it was ipob or keep your daftness within yourself[/s]

PROVE IT WAS NOT IPOB

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by slowice(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
The governor in action... If you know you know.
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Iykopee(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2020
AwkaFinest:

PROVE IT WAS NOT IPOB
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by prodev986: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
Its Alright
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by Ihatemumu: 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2020
obehi247:
"iPod" or IPOB would not still hear oh, they believe port Harcourt is Igbo and there is nothing the indigenous people can do about it

Yoruba's should join Igbos in the fight for separation,
60 years of the failed marriage bonded by crude oil,
With the spread of terrorism in the south, if nothing is done about this and Nigeria is separated on time,
Yoruba and Igbo race will be under slavery to the North, no matter how educated and quality you are.

we can't be cowards at the expense of our unborn children.

You might agree or disagree, but this is the reality on the ground
Re: Oyigbo Chiefs Beg Army To Retain Soldiers by LordOfTheGame: 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2020
APC miscreants and paid propagandist are all over this post spreading fake news and pushing hard their hatred for the Igbos. As for wike, he will soon meet his Waterloo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police, NDLEA Bicker Over Confessional Video Of Suspects Arrested With Abba Kyar / Political Thugs Kill One, Injure Six In Lagos (photo) / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.