Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,339 members, 7,957,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa (13731 Views)

List Of Oil Producing State 2024 & How Much They Got As 13% Derivation / Anambra Joins Oil Producing States, To Benefit From 13% Derivation / Mele Kyari Wants 2.5 Percent For Oil Communities In PIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by Coldie(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2020
blacknp:
Keep insulting me, playing half clever, who are you? Where are you from? Who told you, you are from that state, who named the state? You are a product of the Federal Government, you are a nobody unless the Federal Government says otherwise, the FG can create a new state out of your old state & throw you there like they did with Imo, & Abia, Cross Rivers & Akwa ibom & Bendel (Edo & Delta) & leave you with nothing to control, who can you complain to? Empty barrel pigeon chest.
LoL... I know ur point u are trying to reverse psychology me into believing the federal government is too powerful so I will support restructuring... LoL

To me the states are too powerful, as time goes on let the federal government take full control of all the ports whether airport seaport or land borders.

I will never support restructuring or breakup so dont waste your time
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by Bluffly: 1:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
Inside wahala na him wahala dey
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
This is a clear picture of Nigeria's diversity and unending problem. North has really helped many southern & NC communities from falling into bloody communal clashes by holding the country together there by miraculously avoiding fatal eventualities.
The way we see FG is the same way many states are governed; some section of some states are marginalised, some tribes are denied equal right to jobs & other opportunities, some religious groups are living in subjugation. In fact, FG do more justice than most Nigerian states.
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by starz100: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
Surprise the oil communities could not face Buhari, it is Okowa they want to drag 13% with. Those people arguing it should go to the communities forget that, these communities can not engineer the development stride of the region without the state or federal govt involvement. Remember that even as we speak oil companies in the domain of these oil bearing communities usually pay billions to them, and in most cases it is the Chiefs and the youth leaders that always corner such funds. Even if the whole 100% is to be shared amongst them, the money will go into the pockets of few influential community heads. Reason because they don't have the capacity to undertake development. Furthermore, if it goes to the local govt, the lg is not the communities as some people simplify it. So, the lg is no different from the state govt as it were.
What should happen is that the communities and states must come together and fight for resource control or at least 50% oil derivation and a part budget ted for development of the oil producing communities.
Once again communities can not manage such huge funds as it will ultimately end up in the hand of few, rather states be held accountable for their development
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by ngadaAwo: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

In an effort to fake a living standard, you ask for the acc details of someone who never needed your financial assistance.

Now, here are people actually in need and they have since notified you. I'm as sure as 101% the only response they will get is pin drop silence.

What I still can't wrap around my head is; what exactly do you people benefit from being online billionaires when in real life, you are actually thinking of where your next meal will come from?

You guys are really funny for thinking the dude can afford meal for himself let alone providing for others. Stop dropping acc details on such fake claims.
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j
rule 2
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by PBeni(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

I suggest lamidi cownu and ipob miscreants should handle it. After all, na ipob dey generate crude for feeding Nigeria. undecided

You still don't want to have sense you this bigoted fellow angry

Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by mypains: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
blacknp:
The oil and gas in the whole eastern region is not half of what is found in Delta State South.
Lmaooo... Oga, Anambra has the largest gas reserve in Nigeria (untapped)... again, most oil producing section of rivers state is based in Igbo speaking regions. We all know why they cut off many parts of Igboland... it was because of oil.

AGAIN, Anambra has the largest gas reserve IN Nigeria. You probably didn't know about this...
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by mypains: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Stop confusing crude oil for palm oil. They are not same.
lol... do you even have any in your region?
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by Olatlaccon(m): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2020
blacknp:
& how does that affect you? Before General Buhari in 1984 your father lived in poverty, after General Buhari he still lived in penury, before President Buhari 2015, you the descendant lived in poverty, after Baba Buhari 2023, you will still be in penury, like father, like pikin?
yepa....see killing...u too mean.. wetin he do u
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by stephenonyx(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2020
lordmayor2013:

Drop your account details, let me bless you bro. I know how it feels to think everyone is the same as you

Onyeka Stephen
Access
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by PolymathDave(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
The time is fulfilled, the Kingdom is at hand, change your hearts and lives and believe the good news.
That if you confess your sins, forsake them and accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, you shall be saved.
Saved from the everlasting fire that is the just sentence for sinners, and receive His free gift which is eternal life.
For this is what the word of God says to you this day!
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
God be with you.
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by michoim(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2020
You see how life be, Mr. governor
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by SlayerForever: 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
This type of agitation usually comes from stupid people in the Niger Delta. Nonsensical agitation.
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by igbozionism(m): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

In an effort to fake a living standard, you ask for the acc details of someone who never needed your financial assistance.

Now, here are people actually in need and they have since notified you. I'm as sure as 101% the only response they will get is pin drop silence.

What I still can't wrap around my head is; what exactly do you people benefit from being online billionaires when in real life, you are actually thinking of where your next meal will come from?

You guys are really funny for thinking the dude can afford meal for himself let alone providing for others. Stop dropping acc details on such fake claims.

Bros, you are correct
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by calcal: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
Okowa is afraid of the Fulani master, he is still talking about the fail constitution. nothing will work. go ready who is in control of the oil in Alaska, USA
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by calcal: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Permanent_Fund

Shortly after the oil from Alaska's North Slope began flowing to market through the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System, the Permanent Fund was created by an amendment to the Alaska Constitution. It was designed to be an investment where at least 25% of the oil money would be put into a dedicated fund for future generations, who would no longer have oil as a resource.[8] This does not mean the fund is solely funded by oil revenue[further explanation needed]. The Fund includes neither property taxes on oil company property nor income tax from oil corporations, so the minimum 25% deposit is closer to 11% if those sources were also considered.[Context?] The Alaska Permanent Fund sets aside a certain share of oil revenues to continue benefiting current and all future generations of Alaskans. Many citizens[who?] also believed that the legislature too quickly and too inefficiently spent the $900 million bonus the state got in 1969 after leasing out the oil fields. This belief spurred a desire to put some oil revenues out of direct political control.

The Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation manages the assets of both the Permanent Fund and other state investments, but spending Fund income is up to the Legislature.[citation needed] The Corporation is to manage for maximum prudent return, and not—as some Alaskans at first wanted—as a development bank for in-state projects. The Fund grew from an initial investment of $734,000 in 1977 to approximately $53.7 billion as of July 9, 2015.[9] Some growth was due to good management, some to inflationary re-investment, and some via legislative decisions to deposit extra income during boom years. Each year, the fund's realized earnings are split between inflation-proofing, operating expenses, and the annual Permanent Fund Dividend.

The fund is a member of the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds[10] and has therefore signed up to the Santiago Principles on best practice in managing sovereign wealth funds. The Fund's current chief investment officer is Marcus Frampton.[11]

STATE CONTROL AND NOT FEDERAL CONTROL
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by terryflexy: 3:14am On Nov 22, 2020
DI hear say delta state government has not paid retired primary school teacher retired benefit since 2015, the governor nor try for that.
Re: Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa by tubidyflix: 11:42am On Nov 22, 2020
tubidy mobile music and video search engine. https://tubidy.niyni.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Begins Probe Of APC, PDP Officials For Money Laundering / Boko-Haram Deny Killing Students In Yobe – Minister / Bunmi Orkar, widow Of Gideon Orkar Finally Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.