Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number (9480 Views)

Can My Bank Account Be Wiped With The Last 6digits Of Card And My Atm Pin? / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by supercase1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
I have read various stories of people account been hacked on NL from people that uses first bank, fidelity, access and so on.
but the question is that can how can someone hack an account with only knowledge of it's account number is it possible or are these stories exxagarated.
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by Praxis758: 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
Hacking into your bank account can only be possible of a banker is directly involved or conniving with outsiders to release your details and such banker can be tracked/traced by his sign in details on the bank cyber.

The introduction of BVN has made it more complicated for hackers to penetrate into your bank details. They can access it if you're careless with your BVN or they send a code (robbot) to your phone or email and you ignorantly click on the link.

The link you mistakenly or ignorantly click on will route back to the hackers and that give them free access into your phone/computer. They inturn see every security details (email password, banking password, credit/debit card details) on your computer/phone.

With these, they can log you out of any platform you are and take over your domain or even make transactions without your consent/knowledge.

So be careful with your phone, computer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by dawnomike(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
supercase1:
I have read various stories of people account been hacked on NL from people that uses first bank, fidelity, access and so on.
but the question is that can how can someone hack an account with only knowledge of it's account number is it possible or are these stories exxagarated.
It is not possible except a bank insider is involved who divulge some vital Info to perpetrate the act

1 Like

Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by AerialMapper: 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
No bank account can be hacked without the connivance of an insider at the bank or the unknowing actions of the bank account holder. Clicking unknown links, giving banking details to unknown callers, entering your banking details on unsecured sites put you at risk.

No one can hack your account with only your account number

3 Likes

Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by MickzyDonald: 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2020
La hack my bank account, La run mad grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by pozehnani(f): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
It's not possible. As long as they dont have your pin, it's safe.

1 Like

Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by xolocious(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2020
pozehnani:
It's not possible. As long as they dont have your pin, it's safe.

You mean PIN MOUTH CHARGER OR OFFICE PIN
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by ManTiger(m): 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yahoo boys now works in bank, their job is to give outsider your details and they take cut
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2020
pozehnani:
It's not possible. As long as they dont have your PIN, it's safe.
The PIN is the only key fraudsters can you to hack someones account. Do not divulge your PIN code or any computer generated code sent to you to anybody.
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by supercase1(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2020
MickzyDonald:
La hack my bank account, La run mad grin
chai u wicked grin grin
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by SAMBARRY: 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2020
grin
ManTiger:
Yahoo boys now works in bank, their job is to give outsider your details and they take cut
before I go to bank I lay curse on my money that whoever steals my money will use it to treat diseases till he goes into penury. as he is getting cured from cancer,he will catch diabetes,as he is getting cured from diabetes he Will catch herpes etc. when I get to the bank to make deposits I repeat the same curses verbally so much that the cashier will hear after the cashier has collected the money tongue

They notice my pattern so whenever I go to zenith bank to deposit my money the 1st cashier will be passing me to the second and the second to the third

Till one of them answers me tongue tongue
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by MickzyDonald: 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2020
supercase1:
chai u wicked grin grin
Abi nah grin
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by providencia(m): 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2020
DamZik:
The PIN is the only key fraudsters can you to hack someones account. Do not divulge your PIN code or any computer generated code sent to you to anybody.

Then why do bank ask you to block ur ATM card when you lose it?. Pin or no pin once the details(front & back) of ATM card is known, bye bye to ur money

1 Like

Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by ManTiger(m): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2020
SAMBARRY:
grin before I go to bank I lay curse on my money that whoever steals my money will use it to treat diseases till he goes into penury. as he is getting cured from cancer,he will catch diabetes,as he is getting cured from diabetes he Will catch herpes etc. when I get to the bank to make deposits I repeat the same curses verbally so much that the cashier will hear after the cashier has collected the money tongue

They notice my pattern so whenever I go to zenith bank to deposit my money the 1st cashier will be passing me to the second and the second to the third

Till one of them answers me tongue tongue

Hahahaha, what about the ones transfered to your acct?
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by SAMBARRY: 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
ManTiger:

Hahahaha, what about the ones transfered to your acct?
lol the curse covers everything grin
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by ManTiger(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
SAMBARRY:
lol the curse covers everything grin

Are you for real? We have a big problem in thus country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MoQgkANAuI
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by SAMBARRY: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
ManTiger:

Are you for real? We have a big problem in thus country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MoQgkANAuI
the thief will continue to use that money to treat ailments till he goes deep into debts,broke and then die
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
In computer world, it’s 100000% percent.. I won’t say more than this..
Re: Can A Bank Account Be Hacked With Only Knowing It Number by ManTiger(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2020
SAMBARRY:
the thief will continue to use that money to treat ailments till he goes deep into debts,broke and then die

shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Emdee Tiamiyu Arrested By The UK Government For Defrauding The UK / Man Murders 86-year-old Woman Over Witchcraft / More Than 20 Nigerian Women 'sexually Abused, Murdered' At Mediterranean Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.