Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win (896 Views)

Running Mates: Tinubu’s Camp Narrows Down On Shettima, Atiku On Okowa / Who Blinks First As APC Presidential Ticket Narrows Between GEJ And Tinubu / Okonjo-iweala Is Favourite As WTO Narrows Aspirants To 2 Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by Jerryjasper(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
Trump options narrow as Michigan backs Biden win
Published6 hours ago
Related Topics
US election 2020
media caption"The campaign, which I won by the way": Trump falsely claims election win
Donald Trump has had a fresh setback in his bid to overturn his loss in the US election as Michigan lawmakers indicated they would not seek to undo Joe Biden's projected win in the state.

Two Republican legislators pledged to follow "normal process" in validating the vote after a White House meeting.

Earlier on Friday, Georgia dealt the US president another blow by certifying Mr Biden's razor-thin margin of victory.

The Democrat is set to take office on 20 January as the 46th US president.

Mr Biden's victory in the Electoral College system, which determines who becomes president, is projected to be 306 to 232 - far above the 270 he needs to win. His lead in the public vote overall stands at more than 5.9 million.

Mr Trump, who has had few public appearances since the 3 November vote, on Friday again falsely claimed victory. "I won, by the way," he said, while making an announcement on drug pricing.

He has made allegations of widespread electoral fraud, without providing any evidence.

Can Trump overturn the election result?
Five US election fraud claims fact-checked
What is the electoral college?
His Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany accused the media and Democrats of hypocrisy.

"While in 2016 President Trump became the duly elected president, many sought to undermine him, discredit him, de-legitimise him and deny his victory. There were no calls for unity, there were no calls for healing," she said.

"So while every legal vote is counted let us not forget the inexcusable transition, or lack thereof, that President Trump had to endure in 2016 and for years into his presidency."

What is the president's next move?
After a string of court defeats in his efforts to challenge the election results, Mr Trump's team is hoping to convince legislatures controlled by his fellow Republicans in key states to ignore the outcome and declare Mr Trump the victor, according to multiple US media outlets.

Mr Trump has also expressed interest in inviting legislators from Pennsylvania, another battleground won by Mr Biden, to the White House, a senior campaign official confirmed to the BBC's US partner, CBS News.

But he has no such meetings currently listed on his public schedule for this weekend, and counties in the Rust Belt state, along with Michigan, are due to certify their vote totals on Monday.

It is seen as highly unlikely that the president's team would be able to flip Michigan and Pennsylvania.

media captionHow to move on after the US election
Even if they managed to do so, Mr Trump would still need to overturn the result in one other state in order to leap-frog Mr Biden in the Electoral College.

Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey and Speaker of the House Lee Chatfield confirmed the long odds of any such strategy after the White House meeting.

Donald Trump Jr tests positive for coronavirus
A president who loves attention now hunkered down
The two Republicans - hailing from a state that Mr Biden is projected to win by 154,000 votes - said they had focused during the discussion on Covid-19 assistance, not Mr Trump's efforts to overturn the election results.

The White House said earlier it was "not an advocacy meeting" and simply part of the president's routine meetings with state lawmakers across the country, although he has conducted very few engagements since the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0AYaRcfbU pls click on link to check out my amazing content

1 Share

Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by haaryobhami: 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
game over for dumb Trump,I love it I hope he refuse to concede so he get bundled out of white house
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by BestGospelMusic: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
The will of God will be done!
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by Simplyleo: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2020
How is Trump chances getting narrow?

Have they considered votes from Nnewi, Alaigbo, Nsukka, Owerri and "Obigbo"?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
BestGospelMusic:

God doesn't vote, humans vote.
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by helinues: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2020
BestGospelMusic:

Already done hence Americans voted for Biden

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by techmo(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2020
It's very hard to accept defeat especially when you are so privileged as a son of millionaire who as been getting away with everything since birth till age 70

3 Likes

Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by Bialegend(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2020
Grant is sick and tired of the mainstream media 'lying' to the American people.
@stinchfield1776
http://nws.mx/tv
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by 360degreess(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2020
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by ThatFairGuy1: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
Johnnyessence, Emeka from Enugu, it's a game over for your Demi god
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by alizma: 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2020
They have sold the server trick to Trump
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by Liposure: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2020
Sore loser
Re: Trump's Option Narrows As Michigan Backs Biden Win by Johnnyessence(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
Jerryjasper:
Trump options narrow as Michigan backs Biden win
Published6 hours ago