Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? (381 Views)

Wike: We’re In Difficult Period, Be Peaceful – Fubara To Rivers People / Breaking: How North Used Tinubu To Destroy APC (Throwback) / Only Best Students From North Used To Get Admission Into Federal Schools: Lai Mo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by FactBoyz: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
Early 2000s, I always dreamt of visiting the North and if possible living there. The dressing was my catch, as I loved their dressing style. Then, the south was hot with kidnappings, rituals, and militants activities.

Now its the reverse, I am even scared of going to some states in the North Central. What changed?
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Yenefer(f): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yep before developers shipped drugs and guns to some criminal elements in the north
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by etrouble: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2020
That was before God created Heaven and Earth.

The North has never been peaceful

3 Likes

Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Idugie1: 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2020
I always dreamt of having my family in the North, I remember my first Jamb I even applied to UniJos. I wonder what changed ��
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by LukasPodolski: 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
most states in North are more peaceful than SE,

kwara, my state, is the most peaceful state in Nigeria.

Niger

Kebbi

Nassarawa

Kogi

all the listed states are located in the north and more peaceful than all the five South eastern states.

fact

2 Likes

Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by FactBoyz: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Niger

Kebbi

Nassarawa

Kogi

all the listed states are located in the north and more peaceful than all the five South eastern states.

fact
I think till tomorrow I will fancy Kebbi. I just love that state
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Niger

Kebbi

Nassarawa

Kogi

fact
Lol ...I know igbo boy took your girlfriend but easy sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Niger

Kebbi

Nassarawa

Kogi

fact
The states you listed are middle-belt states referred to as "North Central" except kebbi. When people say north, they are not referring to these states
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by LukasPodolski: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
FactBoyz:
I think till tomorrow I will fancy Kebbi. I just love that state
Jigawa, Gombe, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kano are also far more peaceful than SE states.

the only states they seem to be having problem are, Borno, Kaduna, Katsina.

when you see threads like this, be rest assured that the poster is from SE, they always think they're better and in position to talk bad things about other region.

every region has one or two security challenges, let's all face our region.
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by LukasPodolski: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

The states you listed are middle-belt states referred to as "North Central" except kebbi. When people say north, they are not referring to these states
but the op made mention of north Central in his post nah.

when last did you read bad things security wise about Jigawa, Bauchi, Gombe?
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by LukasPodolski: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
Igbochief001:
Lol ...I know igbo boy took your girlfriend but easy sha
maybe a Fulani boy took op's girlfriend too
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Standing5(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
They have never been.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
LukasPodolski:

but the op made mention of north Central in his post nah.

when last did you read bad things security wise about Jigawa, Bauchi, Gombe?
Ok. That's true.
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by Coldie(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nairaland needs to improve their needs to be a block button, there are some peoples post i dont want to ever see.

Like d mad girl that commented above
Re: Who Recalls When The North Used To Be Peaceful? by twosquare(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
We have to avoid the "truth" of in the good old days, in the days of our fathers...these are just general claims made that fail the test of research. Let's put your claims to research, and see if it's true. Human brains easily forget. The North has experienced riots upon riots that has claimed lives...crises like other places. So, it's not that peaceful as you thought.

Anybody who is free can help us list Northern events from the 50s that shows it has not been like the Op has portrayed.

Another lie that should be analyzed is the lie of Nigeria shall be great again. That's a shameful statement for a country that went into war just 6 years after independence. It was never great. It was just a lie sold to some generations to keep the status quo and not challenge the union.

(1) (Reply)

2023: APC Governors Will Abandon You When It's Time, Gololo Warns Jonathan / ASUU Set To Call Off Longest Strike In History After Meeting With FG / 2023 ELECTIONS: Who Will Be Nigeria's President? (ONLINE POLL VOTING )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.