Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? (96593 Views)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
abbey621:

Then can you explain what happened in EDO?

Shebi dat guy Obaseki just entered power. Just be watching.... Nothing is going to change in Edo state. He will not do anything significant from his predecessor. It's just political party that changed hands.
Do you know why nothing will happen under his regime, it is because the system itself is not accountable. Even if Angel Michael comes down to earth to rule Nigeria, he too will not perform. The system needs to be overhauled not the faces in government.

You don't get my point, in Edo state, it is only the face of governor that was changed. The entire corrupt system is still very much in place. If the corrupt system is not changed, Obaseki cannot do much, his hands will be tied.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by abbey621(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
Jupiter7:

Shebi dat guy Obaseki just entered power. Just be watching.... Nothing is going to change in Edo state. He will not do anything significant from his predecessor. It's just political party that changed hands.
Do you know why nothing will happen under his regime, it is because the system itself is not accountable. Even if Angel Michael comes down to earth to rule Nigeria, he too will not perform. The system needs to be overhauled not the faces in government.

You don't get my point, in Edo state, it is only the face of governor that was changed. The entire corrupt system is still very much in place. If the corrupt system is not changed, Obaseki cannot do much, his hands will be tied.

I only mentioned Edo because you siad our votes don't matter. Even if Obaseki does not perform, he can always be replaced. When we sell our votes or refuse to vote, we have zero chance of a peaceful revolution and unless you are ready to spill blood, voting is still the surest way to wards progress. You keep mentioning corrupt system but how do you change that corrupt system by relying on the same corrupt people to change it?

The first step is changing our mentality, stop the selling of votes, protect the ballots, form new parties led by innovation and youth. The next step is getting these people elected from the grassroots up. Next, on the federal level even if it is just 2-3 seats in the House and 2-3 seats in the senate, the change has begun, 2-3 will become 7-10 until majority. We need to think beyond the immediate and focus on the ones to come, our children and grandchildren. We need to deviate from immediate glory and work on something that will last for generations to come. Life is not a sprint but a slow marathon, let's control what we can and worry less about the things we have no control of.

Now now, I know what you're thinking, where's the money to finance all these, I present exhibit one, the power of crowd funding. Do you know how much was raised in a couple of days for the EndSARS protest? Imagine the same passion or more for the new youth party. No more godfathers, no more cabals, we the people are now sponsoring a government for the people!
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
The problem with Nigerians is that they are busy stretching their necks like ostrich and looking very far at the source of where their problems are. 90% of people don't know who their local government chairman(LGC) is . The arm of government who is supposed to closest to them. 99% of Nigerians have never had a meeting with their local government chairman, they don't even care to know sef. Do you know that it is the constitution for the LGC to organize town hall meetings of his constituents every week?

Do you know you don't have to wait for 4 years to booth out any of your state legislatures that is underperforming? You as state citizens can collectively booth dem out any day if you follow the right procedures.
Stop looking far, Charity begins at home!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ifeoluwav(f): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
I have made my points clear with the YouTube videos.

Ok
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
abbey621:

I only mentioned Edo because you siad our votes don't matter. Even if Obaseki does not perform, he can always be replaced. When we sell our votes or refuse to vote, we have zero chance of a peaceful revolution and unless you are ready to spill blood, voting is still the surest way to wards progress. You keep mentioning corrupt system but how do you change that corrupt system by relying on the same corrupt people to change it?

The first step is changing our mentality, stop the selling of votes, protect the ballots, form new parties led by innovation and youth. The next step is getting these people elected from the grassroots up. Next, on the federal level even if it is just 2-3 seats in the House and 2-3 seats in the senate, the change has begun, 2-3 will become 7-10 until majority. We need to think beyond the immediate and focus on the ones to come, our children and grandchildren. We need to deviate from immediate glory and work on something that will last for generations to come. Life is not a sprint but a slow marathon, let's control what we can and worry less about the things we have no control of.

Now now, I know what you're thinking, where's the money to finance all these, I present exhibit one, the power of crowd funding. Do you know how much was raised in a couple of days for the EndSARS protest? Imagine the same passion or more for the new youth party. No more godfathers, no more cabals, we the people are now sponsoring a government for the people!

You don't have to wait for four years to crowdfund to present a candidate at the ballot box, this can be easily truncated. If the youths are serious, they should start NOW to crowdfund, get the required amount of signatures and booth out your underperforming state house of legislatures out of office. That should be your first step! And not waiting for 2022.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by abbey621(m): 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
Jupiter7:

You don't have to wait for four years to crowdfund to present a candidate at the ballot box, this can be easily truncated. If the youths are serious, they should start NOW to crowdfund, get the required amount of signatures and booth out your underperforming state house of legislatures out of office. That should be your first step! And not waiting for 2022.

Nothing in my comment said wait till 2022! I only proferred a solution, it does not mean the youths are bright enough to follow it grin
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
abbey621:

Nothing in my comment said wait till 2022! I only proferred a solution, it does not mean the youths are bright enough to follow it grin

Okay bro, point noted.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Aconomist: 1:49am On Nov 26, 2020
Jupiter7:

You will be worse than buhari. Your approach to development is horrible. You can't correct wrongdoing with wrongdoing. You will be surprised how the masses will turn on you and booth you out cruelly. Maybe they might even kill you sef. How can you be lashing people in this 21st century . Abeg shift make I pass.

Did you know they lash people for spitting in the streets in Singapore (the richest country in Asia). You fear lashes because you are one of these monkeys who pollutes the street and you are scared of punishment. People are like you are the problem. If I catch you, you will get 50 lashes with a bamboo rod until you learn to act civilized.

This is Singapore. Throw trash in the streets here, and you won't make it out alive. Nigerian baboon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHX2yx1FD-w

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Tell1234: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2020
Obioma993:
This is the same question I asked him
Wat has the government done with the tax we have been paying? U can't increase my tax when I haven't seen anything uve done with the ones have been paying, who does that? A government that couldn't even give out covid19 palliatives to hungry citizens instead they used it as birthday gifts yet u are saying they should increase our tax? Like it seems he's in support of this politicians or Maybe hes benefiting from their corrupt ways, is so obvious

its so unfortunate that some very few are the ones enjoying in this country while the rest are suffering and smiling. what is available in this country is enough to go round but greed and selfishness will not allow our leader to do the right thing. anyways I don't blame them because the very few among the oppressed are their praise singers and the rest that tends ask for their right are tagged anti Government or member of an opposing side.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Geminita: 10:50am On Nov 26, 2020
Nigeria has a lot of way to go..

Reading a book on how Asia works made me realize how the system failed..

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

It is because they pay high taxes that the people are incentivsed to make suure that the taxes are used for what they are suppsoed to be used for.
Our problems are multidimensional and you can't fix Nigeria using a single solution. If public officials steal pension funds that were contributed by poorly pàid workers, what makes you think they will not steal your tax?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Bullman(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
We cant have streets n roads like dis because we dont really pay tax in nigeria. In developed countries you cant start any business no matter how small without registering the business..
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Aconomist: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Our problems are multidimensional and you can't fix Nigeria using a single solution. If public officials steal pension funds that were contributed by poorly pàid workers, what makes you think they will not steal your tax?
Well, regardless the tax base needs to increase. Even if they steal 90% of the money 10% will reach its intended purpose, and we have to accept paying more in tax. No country has ever developed without at least 15% tax to GDP while we have only 6%.

When we have a tax rate of just 6% of GDP it scares away international investors because the country looks unstable and it makes the currency weaker. It also makes the government pay higher interest rates on its debt wich crashes the Naira even more. In the end this ends up hurting everyone because we need a strong respected currency if we want to develop and that depends on TAX.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Raydos: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
In most RICH Countries, The wealthiest Folks are inventors, innovators, Builders! — But in many POOR countries, they're political families.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
Raydos:
In most RICH Countries, The wealthiest Folks are inventors, innovators, Builders! — But in many POOR countries, they're political families.
grin
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Starkistony: 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
enochogaga:
Even though if have we such, u are u brother will still be throwing pure water selofin any where, the trees u guys will even kill them before them grow. African's are naturally dirty, dont like good things, mess up clean places, ask urself how many public toilet or rest room survive after gorvment built them. We as individuals can make naija and our street look good.

Please I need your advice on a generator that can carry the following:

1.5HP split
1HP split
1 flat screen
5 energy saving bulbs
1 fridge

Kindly advice on the brand, model and KVA
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by arabmoney14: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
Geminita:
Nigeria has a lot of way to go..

Reading a book on how Asia works made me realize how the system failed..
Please can you share the title?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Geminita: 6:44pm On Jan 26, 2021
arabmoney14:

Please can you share the title?

How Asia works by Joe Studwell
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Adex2442: 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
We don't have these kind of streets in nigeria because we are not ready to pay the kind of taxes that would fund and maintain those kind of streets.

In the UK, if you are living in the city, you pay council tax which ranges from 60000 to 100000 naira monthly depending on the city. That money goes into making the cities look nice

That's why uk cities have great streets.

If we charged that kind of tax in Nigeria, Nigerians would scream.

So we pay scanty taxes and get scanty and bad roads

The bad roads we have in Nigeria are what we can afford. The sad thing is that looting still happens on top

U are wrong bro. Ask yr self, how much does Nigerians earn monthly And how much do those in UK earn monthly before they were able to pay that amount of tax And don't forget the tax includes so many benefits, not just good roads

Oya compare by yr self.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Adex2442: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2021

So when you get into politics would you be willing to charge heavy taxes to pay for the good roads you want?

Our budget for thos year is 26 billion dollars. South africa spent 23 billion dollars on education alone last year.

London's budget is 2 billion dollars this year.Lagos budget is 3 milllion dollars. ( for the state not the town) ( figures not correct. Error regretted )

Our oil revenue is not enough to feed everyone for a month self.

How do you raise the money.?

How much has the looters stolen so far?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by arabmoney14: 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2021
Geminita:

How Asia works by Joe Studwell
OK, thanks!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by NNAMDIII(m): 9:43am On Feb 24, 2021
Joshater

Your fada! U must bring me out bah?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Joshater(m): 9:48am On Feb 24, 2021
grin grin grin

NNAMDIII:
Joshater

Your fada! U must bring me out bah?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 14, 2022
Yenefer:
Due to PDP stolen almost everything and doing nothing to develop the country

And what is APC doing right now. APC that has been in Lagos as a case study nko?
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by NaBanga: 9:23am On Feb 14, 2022
humilitypays:
Nigeria will never get there, forget that fantasy and focus on improving your personal life.

Black nations can never be like this.

All the countries that have achieved this kind of feat have their own national indigenous technology.

Without indigenous technology and industrial revolution, no nation can achieve this

Dubai did not have any indigenous technology. They brought in the best to develop themselves. Something is terribly wrong with black leaders.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Originalsly: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2022
Raydos:

Why can't black people think out of the BOX??

Know your history before rushing to condemn your own. Covered drainage system in cities is of African origin period. Trapped in the Colonial box and don't even know.
Re: Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 1:42am On Jan 03
Very nice streets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family / Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.