Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa (23809 Views)

Buhari: Nigeria May Become World’s 14th Fastest Growing Economy / Helen Atekha Odemwingie Suspended For Wearing Police Uniform / Recession: Nigeria’s Economy Doing Well Compared To Others –lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by ABCthingx: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
UK Envoy, thank you for pressing zombie mumu button. Werey dey disguise

Nonsense UK government and neocolonialism.
Blacks!!! Chai.
This is how they have been deceiving us since and the price of garri is still increasing.

1 Like

Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by ABCthingx: 11:06am On Nov 22, 2020
ProT:

More like: "Nigerians be happy with ur suffering; ur level of suffering is the best inAfrica." The kind of poo you can tell a monkey.
How is this good news?

U're in recession; and a white woman knowing how unintelligent u can be, is telling u that u're "growing," and as expected, it is good news to you.

Would she be bold enough to tell her countrymen this same nonsense if they were in recession?

Think man, it ain't illegal!
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by chaloskyx: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2020
WHY DOES EVERY THING ABOUT NIGERIA HAVE TO COME FROM THE UK ? ALL I CAN SEE IS THE UK TRYING TO REDEEM THE IMAGE OF THE BUHARI LED ADMINISTRATION WITH THIS STATEMENT. NOW I KNOW FOR SURE THE UK IS BEHIND THE FAILURE OF THIS COUNTRY
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Miracle2020: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2020
Miscreants will not agree with this news but they will be first to agree if the information is order wise. Igbos go and die, Buhari will be there till 2023.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2020
Rugaria:

We are saying different things! You are talking about buying and selling, and I'm talking about wayward imperialism.. As per buying and selling of oil, We also sell to India and China. Those countries get their stakes in Nigerias oil industry by "competing" to win bids. Britain and co imposed Buhari and has been supporting all types of brutal leaders amenable to their interests here. Getting all sorts of kickbacks from the back door as a result. You may say, 'that's the game nations play', but as a citizen of the country at the receiving end who watches as his country goes through the endless pangs of poverty that follows with such intrusion, I have a right to object!

So why can't Nigeria and Nigerians impose bad leaders in the UK as well to get their resources as well as their financial services sector? aren't all humans equal?

Also where is your evidence to PROVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT THAT Britain imposes leaders on Nigeria and that Britain imposes Buhari on Nigeria?

If you can't provide any evidence then....
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2020
chaloskyx:
WHY DOES EVERY THING ABOUT NIGERIA HAVE TO COME FROM THE UK ? ALL I CAN SEE IS THE UK TRYING TO REDEEM THE IMAGE OF THE BUHARI LED ADMINISTRATION WITH THIS STATEMENT. NOW I KNOW FOR SURE THE UK IS BEHIND THE FAILURE OF THIS COUNTRY

What do they stand to gain by Nigeria's failure?
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2020
Rugaria:
The British influence in Nigerias politics needs to be curtailed! They have taken enough! They are imposing leaders and setting up agendas that are impoverishing the Nigerian people! This is Nigeria, the biggest concentration of black people anywhere in the world. Britain should respect that heritage and give us some space. Their imperialistic actions are mainly the reason why Nigeria is bedeviled with bad leadership while loosing billions to multinational oil companies. This kind of warped analysis are done to provide cover for inept pro British politicians in Abuja. We are not their political guinea pigs! They should stop experimenting with our lives. Britain should stop imposing dead woods on us as presidents..

@can you kindly expantiate on the bolded?
And how is this possible?
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by guiddoti: 11:54am On Nov 22, 2020
consolidation speech! It is well with us!
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Acesworld001: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2020

Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Austin4Jesus(m): 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2020
Have always said it that UK is one of the biggest Parasites we have, They are the genesis of our problem but God Almighty will deliver us from them all. Amen.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by tnerro1(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
Lai Mohammed will soon sanction you for this lie you just said, oh wait..,,
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Rugaria: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

So why can't Nigeria and Nigerians impose bad leaders in the UK as well to get their resources as well as their financial services sector? aren't all humans equal?

Also where is your evidence to PROVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT THAT Britain imposes leaders on Nigeria and that Britain imposes Buhari on Nigeria?

If you can't provide any evidence then....

Be waiting, you hear? Where should I come to prove that? At your Alkali Cort? Let me assemble erminent SANs to "PROVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT" (you should have written that in red too for more emphasis) to you that Britain influences Nigerias elections! Justice Big Badhiru..
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2020
Rugaria:

Be waiting, you hear? Where should I come to prove that? At your Alkali Cort? Let me assemble erminent SANs to "PROVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT" (you should have written that in red too for more emphasis) to you that Britain influences Nigerias elections! Justice Big Badhiru..

Low iq man looking for who to blame for your problems is a sign of both laziness and mental illness....
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2020
Austin4Jesus:
Have always said it that UK is one of the biggest Parasites we have, They are the genesis of our problem but God Almighty will deliver us from them all. Amen.

Low iq man looking for who to blame for your woes....
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Adakintroy: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

The question is why can't Africa enlarge their swords and develop their weapons?? I'm not someone that makes excuses - China has enlarged their swords without blaming the West while Nigeria is using it's swords on innocent protesters.

Why can't u be richer than dangote at an individual level. Micro/individual variants of social adaptations exist. macro social variants of human adaptions exist.

The goal is not to die but keep evolving. Why you evolve, some devolve. Nature has his script.

Right now we are evolving. To be able to protest alone, having the audacity to come out and protest on the part of individuals is psychologically positive.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by jesmond3945: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

They pay for oil just like all other buyers!
they are buying your oil with the money they make from your backyard. They are also lifting in some instance without payment. Now in uk they are banning fossil fuel card and installing charging stations everywhere but still they are in Nigeria lifting our oil. We don't have leaders.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by jesmond3945: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

They are not taking any oil wealth. They are buying crude oil and cocoa just like other countries buy.
who owns shell?
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
jesmond3945:
they are buying your oil with the money they make from your backyard. They are also lifting in some instance without payment. Now in uk they are banning fossil fuel card and installing charging stations everywhere but still they are in Nigeria lifting our oil. We don't have leaders.

Who allowed them to lift without payment? Blacks/ Nigerians. It beggars belief that the vast majority of Nigerians love blaming others for their woes.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by meobizy(f): 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
Colour me impressed. People who still can’t pass SS 1 exams will come here to spew digital rubbish. I only wish the news reflected in the lives of the masses.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by abokimallam: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
This is the type commendation that gives Nigerian politicians false sense of I am doing well. It makes their head to swell up so that Nigeria will continue to depend on Britain for imports through capital exportation.
Nigeria “RULERS”, look at your mates Malaysia,South Korea,Singapore,countries we began the journey of development with and score yourself whether we can be compared with them,before you score yourself how you ruled at your time in power.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by 1stNumeroUno: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

Low iq man looking for who to blame for your woes....

It's obvious you have very high IQ.

If not it won't be difficult for you to know there is something wrong when an economy is in recession and someone is claiming same economy is fast(est) growing. Let them show us the data and metrics that informed them of that.

Besides, if you know about international politics and global economic war you'll know Nigeria is in a big mess.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2020
jesmond3945:
who owns shell?

Shell is a public company quoted on multiple stock exchanges around the world. Anyone including you and me can buy shell shares and also be an owner of Shell.
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by jesmond3945: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

Who allowed them to lift without payment? Blacks/ Nigerians. It beggars belief that the vast majority of Nigerians love blaming others for their woes.
you are asking me? Am I the President of Nigeria?
Okay enjoy my brother. Pound is now 620 dollar 490 and whiteman comes and tell you that the economy is growing and you believe him. Tell buhari to nationalize our oil industry and watch boris johnson chase him out. Boris would invite buhari to come and sign deal but will travel to Malaysia to sign deal. Hahahah

1 Like

Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
1stNumeroUno:

It's obvious you have very high IQ.

If not it won't be difficult for you to know there is something wrong when an economy is in recession and someone is claiming same economy is fast(est) growing. Let them show us the data and metrics that informed them that.

Besides, if you know about international politics and global economic war you'll know Nigeria is in a big mess.

I agree with your second and third paragraphs.... if the UK praises Nigeria and if it's false praise it should be recognized as such like you have rightly done and then bureau of statistics should produce their own report....
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by jesmond3945: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

Shell is a public company quoted on multiple stock exchanges around the world. Anyone including you and me can buy shell shares and also be an owner of Shell.
ok but they call it anglo dutch? Just like you buy dangote shares but aliko owns it or uba shares but elumelu owns itm
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by BigBashiru: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2020
jesmond3945:
ok but they call it anglo dutch? Just like you buy dangote shares but aliko owns it or uba shares but elumelu owns itm

You are wrong here. Anyone can be the majority shareholder in any public company.... moreover why hasn't any indeginous firm reached the level of Shell? Laziness?
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by sharpwriter(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2020
Rugaria:
The British influence in Nigerias politics needs to be curtailed! They have taken enough! They are imposing leaders and setting up agendas that are impoverishing the Nigerian people! This is Nigeria, the biggest concentration of black people anywhere in the world. Britain should respect that heritage and give us some space. Their imperialistic actions are mainly the reason why Nigeria is bedeviled with bad leadership while loosing billions to multinational oil companies. This kind of warped analysis are done to provide cover for inept pro British politicians in Abuja. We are not their political guinea pigs! They should stop experimenting with our lives. Britain should stop imposing dead woods on us as presidents..

And the first step to curtail this bullsh! t is to dissolve Nigeria which is the foundation of their experiment.

It is not just about stopping them. It's about destroying the very foundation of their evil to restore our prides as Africans and make the world know that we can name our countries ourselves and that we know the nations that are worthy to be called a country named by our own mouths.

1 Like

Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Rugaria: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

Low iq man looking for who to blame for your problems is a sign of both laziness and mental illness....
People like you are the main problem with Nigeria. You don't even know your problems, don't even know the source. Dont care because of your placid political orientation! You are only interested in sharing the meager change from oil revenue because you are alarmingly lazy. If foreign countries continue to tweak your national politics to suit their desired goals, your unfortunate country will always struggle. If you really want to know how Nigerias politics is designed to fail by the British right from independence, there are lots of literature on that, including from British diplomats. Go, search for that, read and get educated! I don't have the time to baby feed a fatty irritant like you..

1 Like

Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Rugaria: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2020
jesmond3945:
you are asking me? Am I the President of Nigeria?
Okay enjoy my brother. Pound is now 620 dollar 490 and whiteman comes and tell you that the economy is growing and you believe him. Tell buhari to nationalize our oil industry and watch boris johnson chase him out. Boris would invite buhari to come and sign deal but will travel to Malaysia to sign deal. Hahahah
Don't mind that guy..
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by 1stNumeroUno: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2020
BigBashiru:

I agree with your second and third paragraphs.... if the UK praises Nigeria and if it's false praise it should be recognized as such like you have rightly done and then bureau of statistics should produce their own report....

Yes NBS was the one that announced the recession before UK responded with those shenanigans. One thing we ought to know is that, from ages the general public beliefs these foreigners more than our agencies and media. Unfortunately, it's blatant lies. And politicians also will ride on it as an achievement. We're obviously going down to...
Re: Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa by Adakintroy: 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
Amarisco:

I disagree

1. We have had many racial tensions/uprisals, albeit not wars, but the Fulani herdsmen massacres are a prime example of that.

2. This country was established as a democracy under Queen Elizabeth II. Any deviation from that was illegal and unconstitutional. The fact you suggest that we should celebrate working within the remit of our law is quite frightening.

3. Fastest growing economy in Africa, but the margin is unknown. A margin of 0.000000011 percent for example ought not to be boasted about. Who says that the colonial master puppet didn’t fabricate this analysis, it’s not as if politics is a clean game.

(4.) Ebola and corona virus are temporal in the grand scheme of outbreak and effect. One day they will be both be yesterday’s news.

However, Tuberculosis, Cholera, Meningitis, Polio and MANY more sicknesses have been completely ERADICATED in other parts of the world. Yet, properly government managed and funded systematic treatment, not to talk of prevention is
IMPOSSICANT for the common man in 9Ja.

If an exam paper is out of 100, 3/100 would not even be graded, it will be marked as UNCLASSIFIED.

We cannot be seeing minimum levels of survival as something to praise government for. We may as well repatriate to the jungle. What are they being paid billions for if in the end we ought to ‘manage’

1. Strive and racial tension is also what America is showing. To what degree does it permitt disintegration. So far it has not permitted. So we are at par enough.

Does not matter who establish us. The point we understand our democratic tenants and we working towards it. We deviate by human natural design which is not an exemption. But we recovered and we are recovering. We are crossing that line of respect for human rights we are talking about it more and in a positive.

Working within the frame of the law therefore is not what I suggest is what everyone should and have always suggest irrespective. The alternative is working outside the laws which breed disorder. We are not imploding as many had anticipated.we holding.

3. It's either you believe the numbers or you believe something else. I don't believe the numbers exactly myself. That's why i said we are the fastest growing. It could be maginal or large does not matter like you said there are no verifiable data to analyze. Or do you like believing things about us when it s negative just to support your arguments.

Even if the margin is 000000000000.1, it's still a growth margin. And it's positive. Many Africans don't have it. You will need to travell to Europe to find such. We are not comparing Europe ..we are comparing third world's.

.4. the Ebola and corona corona, however trivia you may look at them or reversely downplay them, the goverment did a good job.. European predict worst for us. On both occasions we held up decent. Often better than they did. If not for ego. They could have borrowed our models.

As for The cholera and those desease you mention. I will say let's not compare disease.

Unhealthy healthy lifestyle, from excessive consumption of sugar, non exercise brought them their own forms of incurable disaese. Obesity was classifield as one. They have not eradicate many. Their shelves has the most drugs. Visit it yourselves. Their are names for drugs you have no ideal what they do.

Summarily, however you look at it, They have more incurable disease than us. I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Investors Are Running Away From Nigeria — Peter Obi / Senator Dino Melaye Casts His Vote at polling unit / My Directive On Criminals With AK-47 Remains In Place - PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.