Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma (848 Views)

Group Raises Alarm Over Billion Naira House Linked To Uzodinma’s Aide, Nwaneri / Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" / Wike To Uzodinma: "Edo Boys Are Waiting For You. Make Sure You Mask Your Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by EBMedia: 5:40am On Nov 22, 2020
"Concentrate on the fight against me and leave Imo people alone" - Okorocha tells Uzodinma

Former governor of Imo State and member representing Imo West Senatorial District, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has told Governor Hope Uzodimma to stop destroying the assets of the people of the state in a bid to get at him, IgbereTV reports.

Okorocha who insisted that the assets he left belongs to people of Imo state, expressed regret that most of the "people-oriented signature projects" constructed by his administration had been lying waste and abandoned by his successor.

He said;

“It’s been one drama or the other since I left office as the governor of Imo State. It started with Emeka Ihedioha and now, Hope Uzodimma.

“I decided not to show my my face and give leaders opportunity to correct the wrong things that have been going on.

“But, the government of the day is not able to differentiate between Rochas as a person and what Rochas did for Imo State as governor.

“Whatever assets I left here doesn’t belong to me. It belongs to the people of Imo State.

“For instance, the 1000-bed Somto Hospital is being demolished by the government, in place of market shops. That hospital was commissioned by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

“I don’t know why the police headquarters is still being neglected and abandoned. It is a similar situation with the 3400 capacity prison headquarters.

“The cargo airport is also abandoned without use. The Aguisi Ironsi tunnel which created ways to manage traffic in the capital city is being brought down. They couldn’t even break down the tunnel.

“The two biggest flyovers which can contain 1000 fully loaded trucks is being abandoned without use.

“I’m equally saddened that the RAMP rural roads projects have been stopped. Are you also fighting Rochas by stopping such projects.

“These have called for concern. A fight against Rochas must be disconnected from a fight against Imo people

“My heart is bleeding over the destruction of Imo property especially Somto Hospital. That project is over N1.6 billion. It would have been better if they had turned it into a shopping mall instead of demolishing the edifice.

“I’m calling on Governor Hope Uzodinma to concentrate on the fight against me and leave Imo people alone. Let’s separate politics from governance. Hope is mixing politics and governance.

“They based their destruction on China projects but it’s taken them months to destroy Akachi and the Ironsi Tunnel.

“Fighting me through EFCC, DSS, and ICPC is enough. Stop destroying Imo properties.”

Responding to this, Governor Uzodinma's aide Modestus Nwamkpa claimed that the demolished and abandoned projects were either of substandard quality or of no use for the state.

He said;

“I want to tell you that most of those projects that you mentioned like the flyovers and tunnels were declared defective by the Nigeria Society of Engineers. This even happened when Ihedioha was here as governor. But, because of the cries and complaints of the people of the state, the current government decided to demolish the tunnel. That thing he called tunnel turned out to be a stream of water.

“The flyovers were not started by Okorocha. It was Ikedi Ohakim who conceptualized and began work there. But, Rochas came and abandoned the standard specifications. This led to the NSE declaring the flyovers defective and not good for human use.

“Those projects were abandoned by Okorocha himself. For instance, after demolishing the Eke Ukwu market, Rochas built what turned out to be public toilet and claimed that it was a hospital. We all know what a hospital is. There was never any time a hospital was there. However, Governor Hope Uzodinma has promised to build a standard market there as requested by the Owerri people within 18 months.

“On the police and prisons headquarters, it is the two federal agencies that will determine when to move into those places and not Hope Uzodinma. I understand that the two agencies did not find the buildings fit enough to house them.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1372535/fight-leave-imo-people-alone-okorocha-uzodinma/

Lalasticlala

Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by jlinkd78(m): 5:46am On Nov 22, 2020
Does it mean politicians are really aloof of dia performance scorecard or are just pretending to remain politically relevant if not how could someone like Okorocha who had d opportunity to be another Mbakwe in Imo but blew it cos of his 419 and scam like way of governance ever contemplate again of becoming Nigerian President. Almost all d road projects done by Okorocha all collapsed b4 d end of his administration and now all death trap. Truth is no body likes Hope Uzodinma cos we all believe that he is not gonna be better but please Okorocha don't insult Imolites by trying to extend your chinko way of doing things to d center. You came in with enormous goodwill and mass appeal and ppl stood for u to chase Ohakim, d 'Ikiri' but instead of immortalizing your name u went on building substandard infrastructure in all aspects of iberiberism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 22, 2020
Two APC "Efulefu's" who are good at hiding palliatives tearing themselves apart...

A new recruit, in the person of Dave Umahi will join the rank of other Efulefu's fighting themselves in the APC barracks...

Rochas who deliberately turned the state into a "4 star Oringo hotel" and Uzodinma, who's gradually turning the state into a Circus park are two shameless curse to Imo State.

3 Likes

Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by omenka(m): 5:49am On Nov 22, 2020
Watch "Okoroawusa" become the next praiseworthy god. He will cease forthwith being a "Fulani slave" and an "Efulefu".

Watch out.
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by helinues: 5:50am On Nov 22, 2020
This people self
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 22, 2020
omenka:
Watch "Okoroawusa" become the next praiseworthy god. He will cease forthwith being a "Fulani slave" and an "Efulefu".

Watch out.

I dont think they regard Okorocha for any reason, and as a people tilted majorly on equity, hope uzodinmma may never be an accepted Governor to the people.

2 Likes

Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by PopeToyeeb: 5:58am On Nov 22, 2020
cheesy haha
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by ZUBY77(m): 6:01am On Nov 22, 2020
Something is wrong in Imo State
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by longetivity(m): 6:08am On Nov 22, 2020
Two idiots
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by saheedbadmus(m): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2020
Na every body dey fight u abi
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Mokason288(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2020
IMO State is in a messsss

I was perplexed by what I saw when I visited IMO State

2 Likes

Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Yenefer(f): 6:20am On Nov 22, 2020
They will never understand politics thou. they're claiming "superiors" because of Portuguese raping there ancestors and dragging them into Colonialism earlier than other people. grin grin grin
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by omenka(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2020
Macphenson:

I can ban myself for you since that brings alert to your bank account.

Please tell me how long you want me to ban so your hungry stomach can eat.

By the way,am awake already travelling down to Lagos.

Has been on a serious business down east since the weekend.

Everybody does not depend on the #30k monthly they pay you.

I can comfortably be paying you .
Another Lagos bound billionaire, running from Alaigbo, with a thousand containers on the high sea.

Look kiddo, you are NOT IMPORTANT. I won't dwell in the gutter where only you and your likes thrive. Better than that. wink

Bye.
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Psylas2: 6:36am On Nov 22, 2020
Yenefer:
They will never understand politics thou. they're claiming "superiors" because of Portuguese raping there ancestors and dragging them into Colonialism earlier than other people. grin grin grin

Igbo people don't share ancenstry with Europe,
Have you seen any Igbo man that share ancestry with Europe after his DNA ancestry test?

1 Like

Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by xtocom: 6:51am On Nov 22, 2020
sometimes some Nigerian politicians will present themselves as if they are more better than their predecessors but the truth is that they are all the same. na initial gra gra. Gov. Hope will also leave the seat with unfinished projects. I just pray it will not end up like pass and present govt. that will all facing now.
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by NOC1(m): 7:08am On Nov 22, 2020
The worst thing that happened to Imo is Hope as Governor, he doesn’t know his left from his right.

No sector has improved under his watch.
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by michlins(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2020
Destroying that hospital is the biggest stupidity by any human. If you don't like it, leave it as it is and another government might like it.

Small cough and you will run abroad but will destroy the hospital used by ordinary people. I know it's not equipped and functional yet but a private company can be called to equip and manage. Not only will government be making money to sponsor their ostensious lifestyle, ordinary people like me can stop self medication and jobs created
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Englov(m): 7:31am On Nov 22, 2020
Nonsense
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Gandollaar(f): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2020
omenka:

Watch out.
Lol..

Won ti get e...Dem don get you finally

Both okoroawusa and Hope should thank their stars the led are largely docile!

But one day...

One day one day...

Who would have believed police in Nigeria would be afraid to walk the streets for fear of their lives. Do you remember their
brazen impunities? Lord unto themselves.
Who would believe Yorubas would descrate oba Lil'Wayne's palace? There you have it.

One day, our leaders would be so scared too. That day is a sure banker. Even the backward north has started pelting the erring leaders, it will be amplified soon.
Re: 'Fight Me And Leave Imo People Alone' - Okorocha To Uzodinma by Gandollaar(f): 8:58am On Nov 22, 2020
ZUBY77:
Something is wrong in Imo State
That's my state and I agree it has a problem.

But one day...

(1) (Reply)

Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered / Trialogue: Bola Tinubu, Emir Of Kano and Gov Ganduje / Military Operation Against IPOB Terrorists Is Not Attack On Nigerians Of Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.