Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South (1440 Views)

Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / South/south Beware: The Witch-hunt Is On! / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2011
That's what recent events suggest.

The mantra would be - the people of Benghazi Biafra should be allowed to pursue their destiny. shocked
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2011
As 2011 seems to be the year of revolution.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
SSS better keep an eye of facebook shocked

I have already seen 4/5 seperate groups plotting.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by EzeUche2(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2011
This is something I am starting to believe in. Since oil will be at stake.

Everyone knows that the people of the Niger Delta have been oppressed.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by seanet02: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is something I am starting to believe in. Since oil will be at stake.

Everyone knows that the people of the Niger Delta have been oppressed.

Nonsensical Reasoning!!
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2011
With Libya - The Precedent Was Set.

The UN must back Rebels Protesters with legitimate demands - Including Self Rule.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by MaiSuya(m): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2011
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Solomon227(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sun of god:

That's what recent events suggest.

The mantra would be - the people of Benghazi Biafra should be allowed to pursue their destiny. shocked

Abeg go sidon for corner. Do u think you are the only one from SE or SS? Who even told you the ND is ready to share their oil resources with u if u start a succession war? Or are you planning to coarse them? Instead of people like your to continue campaigning for more recognition of Ndigbo in the scheme of things at the centre and advocating for good governance at all levels in our States u are busy 'flying kites'.

A Biafra with endemic corruption and lack of social conscience by most Govs, as we have now is not going to be better than staying in Nigeria fighting for our rights and advocating the right thing be done at all times.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by jason123: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2011
Solomon227:

Abeg go sidon for corner. Do u think you are the only one from SE or SS? Who even told you the ND is ready to share their oil resources with u if u start a succession war? Or are you planning to coarse them?  Instead of people like your to continue campaigning for more recognition of Ndigbo in the scheme of things at the centre and advocating for good governance at all levels in our States u are busy 'flying kites'.

A Biafra with endemic corruption and lack of social conscience by most Govs, as we have now is not going to be better than staying in Nigeria fighting for our rights and advocating the right thing be done at all times.

WELL SAID!!!

@Topic,
Keep deceiving yourself!! Its your opium!!!
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by EzeUche2(m): 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2011
Some of you people do not even see reason. Look at how the world changing before you, and you still have a 1960 mindset. Nothing remains static, things change. Revolutions or conflicts will spread throughout the world.

I actually believe Kosovo has set the standard, then Southern Sudan and now the Arab Revolt.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by EzeUche2(m): 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2011
Solomon227:

Abeg go sidon for corner. Do u think you are the only one from SE or SS? Who even told you the ND is ready to share their oil resources with u if u start a succession war? Or are you planning to coarse them?  Instead of people like your to continue campaigning for more recognition of Ndigbo in the scheme of things at the centre and advocating for good governance at all levels in our States u are busy 'flying kites'.

Biafra does not exist anymore so why are you mentioning Biafra in this context? Igbo governors work within a corrupt Nigerian framework. Biafra does not exist so enough with using the term.

Most Igbo governors do not even have a mandate from the people, but were elected through rigging such as T.A. Orji and Ohakim. I don't know why you use these people as examples, because Igbos are already rising up against our corrupt leadership.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by jason123: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

Some of you people do not even see reason. Look at how the world changing before you, and you still have a 1960 mindset. Nothing remains static, things change. Revolutions or conflicts will spread throughout the world.

I actually believe Kosovo has set the standard, then Southern Sudan and now the Arab Revolt.

A revolution is different from a secession war. A revolution involves all parties irrespective of the differences. The poster is calling for secession. I keep laugh when he includes the SS in this Biafra thing. Beaf and I have had the discussion and the truth is, why should we join a biafra or Oduduwa Southern Nigeria is the best option, if not, then One Nigeria it is!!!!!
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by EzeUche2(m): 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2011
jason123:

A revolution is different from a secession war. A revolution involves all parties irrespective of the differences. The poster is calling for secession. I keep laugh when he includes the SS in this Biafra thing. Beaf and I have had the discussion and the truth is, why should we join an biafra or Oduduwa Southern Nigeria is the best option, if not, then One Nigeria it is!!!!!

What do you call what is happening in Libya? The country is split actually, between East & West. The people of Benghazi seceded from Gadaffi's regime. The way some of you people use your minds is appalling. No wonder the educational system of Nigeria is failing. It is failing the youth.

Jason, as Beaf already told you, you don't represent the SS. I represent the SS more than you ever will, because I have actually lived in the SS and due to my heritage. You actually thought the Itsekiri would allow their oil to be used by the wider Yoruba.  grin Beaf had to shut you down and people do not even consider you Itsekiri. Even though I do not know much about the different group intricacies West of the River Niger, I definitely know about the groups East of the River Niger like the Kalabari, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ibibio/Efik/Annang, Eket etc.

The fact that my Ibibio side are staunch Biafrans should be enough to shut your mouth. Anything East of the River Niger are united. Why do you think we have coalesced behind GEJ?
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by jason123: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

What do you call what is happening in Libya? The country is split actually, between East & West. The people of Benghazi seceded from Gadaffi's regime. The way some of you people use your minds is appalling. No wonder the educational system of Nigeria is failing. It is failing the youth.

Jason, as Beaf already told you, you don't represent the SS. I represent the SS more than you ever will, because I have actually lived in the SS and due to my heritage.

If I don't, then no one does. You are quite right, I do not represent the SS nor my people. But I certainly think without sentiments. Why will my people or Delta state join a republic filled with Yorubas or Igbos (I will still prefer the yorubas and edo though, personally speaking). So that one of you guys (yorubas and igbos) can dominate us abi? It does not make sense! I already gave Beaf the reason why we should not join any of the republics and he was reasonable about it.
As for you, you are too biased to talk about the Niger-delta. If you have your way, I am sure you will sanction all of us to Biafra but NO WAY!!! SN or One Nigeria! Simple!!!
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by EzeUche2(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^

No one is talking about the Itsekiri. I prefer an Igbo Republic, but I would not mind if Ibibios/Efik/Annang join as well as the various Cross River communities.

Ijaws can choose their own destiny.

And Itsekiri, they are not even my concern. Let the Edo, Urhobo or Ijaw concern themselves with your affairs.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by jason123: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

No one is talking about the Itsekiri. I prefer an Igbo Republic, but I would not mind if Ibibios/Efik/Annang join as well as the various Cross River communities.

Ijaws can choose their own destiny.

And Itsekiri, they are not even my concern. Let the Edo, Urhobo or Ijaw concern themselves with your affairs.

We decide our own affairs. NO ONE will decide for us. cool
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by asorocker: 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2011
Really the ohaneze intelligentia must be light years of their contemporaries Ralph Uwaechue certainly deserves a nobel peace price for his fore sight.
And no igbo is running for either presido or Veepee

No wonder massob backed GEJ

Deal might have been concluded and we are waiting for the emergence of Africas super power.

As I am posting this libya is divided into 2 countries Tripoli under Ghadaffi and Benghazi under the rebels.

The southern sudan is divided between 2 countries

Little wonder GEJ shunned the debate

Time is running out on Nigerians and their old order.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2011
Who needs 'Guns' when you've got a 'Facebook' account.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 20, 2011
the wrest would back a war in nigeria which would lead to even more instablity in the supply of oil and higher prices

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

these pro gej twits are the reason people say 6334 has failed cheesy cheesy
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by efisher(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2011
It may sound funny but this is a possibility that cannot be ruled out. That is why we need all the support we can get from the international community right now. Prevention is better than cure. It's best UN throws in its weight behind us for a succesful 2011 election. If the election goes wrong, Nigeria could plummet into chaos. The world doesn't need that right now. This is the wrong time for us to get it wrong!
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Beaf: 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
The only important things to the West about Nigeria are, our high population and our oil. In the event of a war, the West will come heavily on the side of the ND and SE where 99% of our proven oil reserves lie. The Americans have already stated quite clearly that they consider the ND to be colonized by the rest of Nigeria.
The West though, will be unlikely to want an outright breakup, because of the threat of Boko Haram and similar forms of religious radicalisation taking root in a new Nigeria "liberated" from the ND and SE and absolutely poverty stricken.

After a short, sharp battle, we will have true federalism and secularism written into our constitution in indelible ink. After the resounding defeat, iwill be every man for himself in a true federal framework, however the ND and SE will become the new lords of the manor. . . Until oil dries up.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Johndoe100(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sun of god:

SSS better keep an eye of facebook shocked

I have already seen 4/5 seperate groups plotting.

I support this 10000%.

Let the boys prepare.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by efisher(m): 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
See BBC's view about Nigeria:

After lurching from one military coup to another, Nigeria now has an elected leadership. But it faces the growing challenge of preventing Africa's most populous country from breaking apart along ethnic and religious lines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/country_profiles/1064557.stm
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
The only important things to the West about Nigeria are, our high population and our oil. In the event of a war, the West will come heavily on the side of the ND and SE where 99% of our proven oil reserves lie. The Americans have already stated quite clearly that they consider the ND to be colonized by the rest of Nigeria.
The West though, will be unlikely to want an outright breakup, because of the threat of Boko Haram and similar forms of religious radicalisation taking root in a new Nigeria "liberated" from the ND and SE and absolutely poverty stricken.

After a short, sharp battle, we will have true federalism and secularism written into our constitution in indelible ink. After the resounding defeat, iwill be every man for himself in a true federal framework, however the ND and SE will become the new lords of the manor. . . Until oil dries up.

The West will arm the South to obliterate the North for the benefit of the East?
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
@ topic

logical conclusion going by what's happening in libya.

however, might not be a factual one.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Sunofgod(m): 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2011
The topic is a plausible scenario - never say never!

The 'North' should put in place contingency plans for when they are cut off from the oil producing South.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:04am On Mar 21, 2011
The only problem with this whole uprising thing is that the Nigerian Army is way more resourceful then the Libyan army just saying.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Onlytruth(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2011
Posted by: JosBoy4Lif

The only problem with this whole uprising thing is that[b] the Nigerian Army is way more resourceful then the Libyan army[/b] just saying.

^^

You meant the Nigerian army is more murderous than the Libyan army. undecided

The truth is that the world will not stand such murder again. All it takes now is for an armed uprising to begin anywhere in the East or SS and the world powers will intervene to stop the Nigerian army.

Gone are the days of such "resourcefulness" in the world.
Re: North Beware -The Un/West Would Back A Rebel/MEND/Biafra Unprising In The South by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 21, 2011
Some of us are praying earnestly that this come to past soon.What is the benefit of staying one Nigeria?Please whoever is from the South-South or South East that knows anything about registraion for this great and impending revolution to our self determination should please give me the link.And if there is non yet,we can start one by opening up a network of groups online to ask for this demand by demonstration in different part of the country.

(1) (Reply)

I Am The Governor In Waiting – Ogboru / Underage Voters / Boko Haram Dares Sss - You Can Only Bark You Cant Bite * Kaduna Is Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.