Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With (36949 Views)

Ogun Pastor Israel Adebayo Arrested For Raping 14-Year-Old Church Choir Member / Choir Member Kills Her Newborn Baby In Jos (Photo) / Pastor Peter Taiwo Connives With Wife To Rape 16-Year-Old Choir Member In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by jintex(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
And on the other hand

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Komu1048(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:
Hi young ladies in the house. Please this is to alert you guys on how people are being robbed these days.

My choir member ( a young girl) was robbed few days ago by a potential client. She's into catering and does breakfast for companies on request as well.

This lady met a guy sometime last month or thereabout and they exchanged contact. The guy was always calling her but she would tell him she's busy due to the nature of her biz. So, this prompted the guy to ask what she's into and she told him. Fast forward to a week ago, the guy said he wants her to cater for his staff breakfast at the office and asked for a quotation. She couldn't do the draft and send via WhatsApp as usual because the contract was a huge one. So they agreed to meet one on one to discuss better.

The D day came and she told the guy she would be coming with a friend, he said it was fine. She later got another of her friend to join them making them three girls. So they set out in an Uber. When they got to where the guys were ( Onikan police station in ikoyi) they alighted from the taxify and entered the guys car. Immediately they drove past the station, she said they put the car on child lock. She said it dawned on her immediately that they had entered one chance.

The guys were three in number. The guy immediately changed his tone and began to collect their stuff. He collected iphone, her friends iPhone and Android, their purses with cash in it, chains and even asked if she has an iPod. when she tried to ask what she did, the guy slapped her across the face.

They collected her friends' ATM card and requested for the pin. They said one of them would go and withdraw the money and if they find out the pin is not correct, they'll shoot them all. After she gave them the pin, they changed their mind and decided to drop them at dolphin estate obalende and sped off. She said by the time they could reach customer care line of her friends bank, she was told 5 withdrawals of 10k has been made. They emptied her account.

As I type this, I'm still shocked for her. Imagine robbery in broad daylight. Though it was on a Sunday and ikoyi is always deserted on Sundays that was why they were able to carry out their evil without fear.

Please be careful how and where you meet people. Some will pose as client. Just be careful. Not every one who claims to be a client is actually one.

I'm still shocked.

I'm sure when the girls saw the guys car they were like damn this guy is loaded. Girls n Car!
Please take heart biko

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by OMONGBALI: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Brandonx:
How can a sensible lady agree to meet a client in his house? Except she's going to do runs. Someone you don't know from Adam you didn't set a meeting in a public place. undecided

Try and read before you comment and disgrace your old age.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Sixfeetbelle: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
It doesn't even make sense.

You are supposed to meet a client at point A for business discussion. Simple.

Why pick Uber to drop you at point B so that the client will drive you to point A? Story for the gods!

Your church member (which happens to be you) was on runs. You were asked to bring some friends for his friends. You thought it was a date and it turned out to be robbery. You changed the narrative to curry sympathy. That's all.

Someone whom you turned down his overtures many times suddenly came with a business proposal that will get two of you together and you accepted? You cannot be this dumb.
/

I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again.

When men on this forum can't deal with the fvck up of their fellow men, they push the blame to the victims and focus on trivial matters.

Tufiakwa for this generation of men!

4 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Oluwaseun2020(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
i lost 81 thousand just last month to fraudsters. ..
not surprised. ... it important to be very careful this days... before you make any deal...inform 5-6 people. ..ask for advice.

2 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Traininghub(f): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
Someone legit hustles (especially as she's female ) yet she got robbed, how mean of them!!!
Please check my signature oooo. Online WhatsApp training for a token.

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by muller101(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
100k withdrawal. And will still be asking for urgent 2k.

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Nickymezor(f): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
Hmmm
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by jaxxy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:

Exactly. Let's alert our loved ones. You know this period, people will be pursuing one biz contract or the other just to meet up and these men of the under world now see it as the right avenue to lure and Rob innocent people.

I hope they reported the matter to the police? U have a number and WhatsApp contact. A car and many other details that can be used to track them if Ure serious.

That said gals shudnt get carried away easily with flashy things and fake life. What kind of big contract is that that u can’t fix an extact public location u have to meet at a police station then drive to an unknown destination or location

A guy uve seen only once and been chatting for a week/month isn’t ur frnd and neither can he be trusted. undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
The girl is not a proper Lagos girl. You don't do business that way. Sorry for your friend, next time she would be careful and smarr

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by imagrg(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
Are the girls so daft?

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by mysteryman2014: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
Brandonx:
How can a sensible lady agree to meet a client in his house? Except she's going to do runs. Someone you don't know from Adam you didn't set a meeting in a public place. undecided

I tire o
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Komu1048(m): 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:

I suggested that to her but she was like she still in shock and doest have the strength to follow up the case, to plus the fact that our security system is warped where nothing works. She went on to sight an instance where her BB was stolen. she reported the case ( with some payments made to the police) but up till now nothing was done. So she doesn't believe in our security system and I saw reasons with her.

So sad.

I agree with her, I remember when I was robbed in my room and my laptop taking away because I insured the laptop all I need was a police report to get another one. Sis I suffered they keep demanding money for tho and that, laptop I didn't get report I didn't get last last I had to give up

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Exodora: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
femi4:
Three mumu girls entered a stranger's car. What happened to meeting in open places like eatry etc
What difference will it make . This is planned , even if they do the idiots will still find another way to dupe them . Besides it was not her first time of meeting him so she assumed she already know him .
Have you ever seen anyone that is been robbed that saw it coming ?

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by generationz(f): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
I'm sure it was the sound of her making big money that made your friends lose her sense 9f reasoning. As a young single lady, if you don't have an office always meet at a public place or an eatery. It doesn't matter if you have 10 friends following you. 3 men with weapons can overpower 15 girls.

Tell your friend she should glorify God she wasn't used for rituals this december or raped.

It seems like some people haven't realized there is serious hunger in the land especially after lockdown. Humans have become wild animals. You gat to stay safe by all means.

5 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by pozehnani(f): 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
jaxxy:

I hope they reported the matter to the police? U have a number and WhatsApp contact. A car and many other details that can be used to track them if Ure serious.

That said gals shudnt get carried away easily with flashy things and fake life. What kind of big contract is that that u can’t fix an extract public location u have to meet at a police station then drive to an unknown destination or location

A guy uve seen only once and been chatting for a week/month isn’t ur frnd and neither can he be trusted. undecided

She said she's scared to report to the police because the guy knows her. So they don't start sending their gangs after her.

2 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by InvertedHammer: 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again.

When men on this forum can't deal with the fvck up of their fellow men, they push the blame to the victims and focus on trivial matters.

Tufiakwa for this generation of men!
/
Someone who gleefully walked herself into a trap deserves some blames. Her story is as silly as it can get in our land of kidnappers and ritualists especially this time of the year. She should be glad it didn't end in R.I.P. God decided to teach her a lesson this time. Client indeed.

/

4 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by EMDIEY: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:
Hi young ladies in the house. Please this is to alert you guys on how people are being robbed these days.

My choir member ( a young girl) was robbed few days ago by a potential client. She's into catering and does breakfast for companies on request as well.

This lady met a guy sometime last month or thereabout and they exchanged contact. The guy was always calling her but she would tell him she's busy due to the nature of her biz. So, this prompted the guy to ask what she's into and she told him. Fast forward to a week ago, the guy said he wants her to cater for his staff breakfast at the office and asked for a quotation. She couldn't do the draft and send via WhatsApp as usual because the contract was a huge one. So they agreed to meet one on one to discuss better.

The D day came and she told the guy she would be coming with a friend, he said it was fine. She later got another of her friend to join them making them three girls. So they set out in an Uber. When they got to where the guys were ( Onikan police station in ikoyi) they alighted from the taxify and entered the guys car. Immediately they drove past the station, she said they put the car on child lock. She said it dawned on her immediately that they had entered one chance.

The guys were three in number. The guy immediately changed his tone and began to collect their stuff. He collected iphone, her friends iPhone and Android, their purses with cash in it, chains and even asked if she has an iPod. when she tried to ask what she did, the guy slapped her across the face.

They collected her friends' ATM card and requested for the pin. They said one of them would go and withdraw the money and if they find out the pin is not correct, they'll shoot them all. After she gave them the pin, they changed their eful. Not every one who claims to be a client is actually one.

I'm still shocked.
They should report to the bank and possibly the bank whose atm was used. They can get the images of the thieves, if they are lucky. Every atm has a hidden cctv. The iPhone can also be used to trace them

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Enice(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
so six people enter one car or na tuketuke bus? dis your story no make sense at all. you see the guy with two other guys wen Una suppose to to meet alone and you still enter the car? you get sense so?

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Jodera: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

It was 2 ladies. But even if it was 6 people, a normal everyday car can accommodate 6 people nah. Two for front, four for back.
Lol..
Na taxi??

How big is this car that 5 people (minus driver, which I assume is the client) will "comfortably" seat on the car.

I mean it's a business date, I find it illogical for Nigerians girls to order for uber only to discomfort themselves in a supposed private car.

No questions asked about seeing strange guys in the car. At least the guy knows the girl is bringing her friends, but why is the girl not suspicious (or the friends too), that the client is bringing his "own friends".

Either this story is false, or the girl isn't telling the complete story, or the girl(s) are all plain naive and dumb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
Estellie:
How did 6 people enter 1 car?
Even if she felt relaxed, seeing 3 guys send a very bad signal.
One can never be too careful these days.
just like the way little children are lured with sweets and biscuits,

These ladies being grown-up adults were probably lured by smooth talking young men in very bam flashy car which will most likely be SUV or a 5door mini van.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by pozehnani(f): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
gassbee:
any plans to trace them n get dem arrested since ur freind has some details about him

Nope. She's decided to leave them to God.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Sixfeetbelle: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Someone who gleefully walked herself into a trap deserves some blames. Her story is as silly as it can get in our land of kidnappers and ritualists especially this time of the year. She should be glad it didn't end in R.I.P. God decided to teach her a lesson this time. Client indeed.

/

Is that why you now turned it around to mean it was a sex meeting gone wrong? Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Missyajoke(f): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
Brandonx:

Since you can't read how will you comprehend

Olodo somebody

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Piro18: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
Wicked men everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by micflo28(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
And this ones joined End SARS protest too... Do we even know that we can track our phones with the IMEI number to apprehend this bastards. They steal phones thinking it can't be Geo located. Dumb heads.

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by pozehnani(f): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
naijadrivablog:

First, the "friend is YOU"

That said, sorry o. Don't enter cars of strangers. meet in an open place.

I reject it! Its not me.

She's not my friend but a sister in Christ.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by generationz(f): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
It doesn't even make sense.

You are supposed to meet a client at point A for business discussion. Simple.

Why pick Uber to drop you at point B so that the client will drive you to point A? Story for the gods!

Your church member (which happens to be you) was on runs. You were asked to bring some friends for his friends. You thought it was a date and it turned out to be robbery. You changed the narrative to curry sympathy. That's all.

Someone whom you turned down his overtures many times suddenly came with a business proposal that will get two of you together and you accepted? You cannot be this dumb.
/

The story makes no logical sense, tbh. I was wondering how it went from business deal to "she and two of her friends".

Not supporting robbery but ladies really have to be careful.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Jodera: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:

I reject it! Its not me.

She's not my friend but a sister in Christ
Hmm... Surprising, esp as you know too much of the story.
Even the trivial details, you know so much about it.

Just my observation tho

2 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by uvie66: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:

They collected her friends' ATM card and requested for the pin. They said one of them would go and withdraw the money and if they find out the pin is not correct, they'll shoot them all. After she gave them the pin, they changed their mind and decided to drop them at dolphin estate obalende and sped off. She said by the time they could reach customer care line of her friends bank, she was told 5 withdrawals of 10k has been made. They emptied her account.

As I type this, I'm still shocked for her. Imagine robbery in broad daylight. Though it was on a Sunday and ikoyi is always deserted on Sundays that was why they were able to carry out their evil without fear.

Please be careful how and where you meet people. Some will pose as client. Just be careful. Not every one who claims to be a client is actually one.

I'm still shocked.
why will a girl enter a guys car on a first meeting, they could have had the meeting in any eatery or shopping mall.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by InvertedHammer: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Is that why you now turned it around to mean it was a sex meeting gone wrong? Seriously?
/.
That's what it was and that's why she attached "church member" to the story to deviate attention from the obvious. Abi you think runs girls no dey go church? They are fringe benefits for randy pastors.

/

4 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by uvie66: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
Brandonx:
as they say common sense is not common.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrah, Ghanaian Yahoo Boy Arrested For Money Laundering - Photos / Baby Found In A Polythene Bag In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / We Are Interested In Newly-Wed Women - Niger State Kidnapping Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.