Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With (36931 Views)

Ogun Pastor Israel Adebayo Arrested For Raping 14-Year-Old Church Choir Member / Choir Member Kills Her Newborn Baby In Jos (Photo) / Pastor Peter Taiwo Connives With Wife To Rape 16-Year-Old Choir Member In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
Romanoff:

They didn't go to a guy's house. The guy picked them from the front of a police station after the girls alighted from an Uber. They entered the car of the guy, two other guys were inside the car.

The robbery took place in the car.

Take time to read.
it's still the same thing, the guy is senseless, how can she and her friend enter a car with 3 other guys inisde? it's probably not even a car, but an SUV or a minivan....how can you make a plan with one person and he shows up with 3 men is she dumb? why couldn't they arrive at a public place together, why take Uber to meet somewhere he will pick dem with his car.... foolish girls I must say
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by dominique(f): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2020
pozehnani:

See how you just finished an innocent girl. Well... The little I know about her, she's not that kind of person. Her mum is a caterer and is the one that caters for some of our church programs. She too is into catering. A very small girl that just freshly graduated from the uni and preparing to go for service. That girl is not the type. Please.

You can't be a critical thinker and not see one or two loopholes in stories like this. Let's just thank God your friend and her friends got through their ordeal without getting harmed, that Enugu make-up artist wasn't so lucky. Those guys will get what is coming to them soon

3 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by pozehnani(f): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
dominique:

You can't be a critical thinker and not see one or two loopholes in stories like this. Let's just thank God your friend and her friends got through their ordeal without getting harmed, that Enugu make-up artist wasn't so lucky. Those guys will get what is coming to them soon

I already stated in the beginning of this post that I asked her why should would agree to enter a stranger's car. i already did.

Thank God she was not raped.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by JohnSin97: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
het is altijd het werk van de stinkende nep-jood ......spits
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Segzy19: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Some of these girls too can be so daft at time.
No security consciousness at all.

You jumped into the car of a man you have never met.

Is it because it was in front of a police station or what?

Shame.
She has learnt the hard way
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by foolbuster: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
Brandonx:
How can a sensible lady agree to meet a client in his house? Except she's going to do runs. Someone you don't know from Adam you didn't set a meeting in a public place. undecided

All you people think about is sex sex sex. Tueh!
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by abimic(m): 12:08am On Nov 29, 2020
Did your friend just arrived from the village or didn't go to school, because you said she's about to serve . Me would blame your friend anyway, because the guys aren't smart anything, they just met someone who's just not smart enough. Why would you have your friends followed you and yet, made no difference?
You were suppose to choose a public place, and no need entering his car, moreover he's not even alone. The guys aren't any smart jare, they just met who's not smart! I was expecting to see something more clinical. My friend at ikeja, computer village, who replied a stranger moving on the road as her, that, no, I do not know the location of where you're going to, ended up seeing herself in ikotun, when she regained her consciousness at night undecided.... Your friend shouldn't have felt comfortable as the man is still a stranger even if you claim to know him, have we not seen people who we know even hurt us? so the need to play safe always! I won't be surprised they used a sienna vehicle.... Hian.. We should be security conscious and always wear our thinking cap!!!
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by chatinent: 12:10am On Nov 29, 2020
How she became her church choir girl on Nairaland is what shocks me.

Read the skeletal features of the stories. It can only be a first person pronoun.

Well, I wonder how a human being created by God will agree on meeting a total stranger in their private homes....in -ember month.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Drizzy5001(m): 12:21am On Nov 29, 2020
Sorry for the sad incident...moreover this is a lesson and an eye opener to Intending mugus. grin
Make we dey use our head always now in this yeye country.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by delishpot: 12:39am On Nov 29, 2020
Fussion1000:

My advice for people who meet online, most especially girls, if you want to meet him, either he comes to ur place or you meet and discuss in public places.

One cannot meet a complete stranger and put all trust in him/her.

2. when you meet people online, be reluctant and caution enough to disclose ur personal issue with him.
( a friendly intention maybe changed to evil one if he realises you are loaded)

Even persons that we know for long time turn out to be cunning and wicked not to talk of strangers.

Don't even bring guys to your place.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Originalsly: 1:00am On Nov 29, 2020
The thought of the money she will make blinded her from seeing sooo many red flags. Did she find out the name of the company?.... and double check? Any meeting should take place at the company. She is still insisting she knows the guy..... she learned nothing. In doing business.... you need to be street smart.... and be looking for red flags. She should consider herself lucky she and her friends were not robbed, raped and killed.

2 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Ishilove: 2:36am On Nov 29, 2020
pozehnani:
Hi young ladies in the house. Please this is to alert you guys on how people are being robbed these days.

My choir member ( a young girl) was robbed few days ago by a potential client. She's into catering and does breakfast for companies on request as well.

This lady met a guy sometime last month or thereabout and they exchanged contact. The guy was always calling her but she would tell him she's busy due to the nature of her biz. So, this prompted the guy to ask what she's into and she told him. Fast forward to a week ago, the guy said he wants her to cater for his staff breakfast at the office and asked for a quotation. She couldn't do the draft and send via WhatsApp as usual because the contract was a huge one. So they agreed to meet one on one to discuss better.

The D day came and she told the guy she would be coming with a friend, he said it was fine. She later got another of her friend to join them making them three girls. So they set out in an Uber. When they got to where the guys were ( Onikan police station in ikoyi) they alighted from the taxify and entered the guys car. Immediately they drove past the station, she said they put the car on child lock. She said it dawned on her immediately that they had entered one chance.

The guys were three in number. The guy immediately changed his tone and began to collect their stuff. He collected iphone, her friends iPhone and Android, their purses with cash in it, chains and even asked if she has an iPod. when she tried to ask what she did, the guy slapped her across the face.

They collected her friends' ATM card and requested for the pin. They said one of them would go and withdraw the money and if they find out the pin is not correct, they'll shoot them all. After she gave them the pin, they changed their mind and decided to drop them at dolphin estate obalende and sped off. She said by the time they could reach customer care line of her friends bank, she was told 5 withdrawals of 10k has been made. They emptied her account.

As I type this, I'm still shocked for her. Imagine robbery in broad daylight. Though it was on a Sunday and ikoyi is always deserted on Sundays that was why they were able to carry out their evil without fear.

Please be careful how and where you meet people. Some will pose as client. Just be careful. Not every one who claims to be a client is actually one.

I'm still shocked.
She never tell you wetin happen tru tru. So six people entered the vehicle. Is the vehicle a Sienna? What's the deal with packing all your friends on a business deal??

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by gbogboija: 2:57am On Nov 29, 2020
They can catch those guys, if the ladies are interested in doing that. That was how a family friend was robbed, we don catch them now.

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by 400billionman: 3:11am On Nov 29, 2020
pozehnani:
Hi young ladies in the house. Please this is to alert you guys on how people are being robbed these days.

My choir member ( a young girl) was robbed few days ago by a potential client. She's into catering and does breakfast for companies on request as well.

This lady met a guy sometime last month or thereabout and they exchanged contact. The guy was always calling her but she would tell him she's busy due to the nature of her biz. So, this prompted the guy to ask what she's into and she told him. Fast forward to a week ago, the guy said he wants her to cater for his staff breakfast at the office and asked for a quotation. She couldn't do the draft and send via WhatsApp as usual because the contract was a huge one. So they agreed to meet one on one to discuss better.

The D day came and she told the guy she would be coming with a friend, he said it was fine. She later got another of her friend to join them making them three girls. So they set out in an Uber. When they got to where the guys were ( Onikan police station in ikoyi) they alighted from the taxify and entered the guys car. Immediately they drove past the station, she said they put the car on child lock. She said it dawned on her immediately that they had entered one chance.

The guys were three in number. The guy immediately changed his tone and began to collect their stuff. He collected iphone, her friends iPhone and Android, their purses with cash in it, chains and even asked if she has an iPod. when she tried to ask what she did, the guy slapped her across the face.

They collected her friends' ATM card and requested for the pin. They said one of them would go and withdraw the money and if they find out the pin is not correct, they'll shoot them all. After she gave them the pin, they changed their mind and decided to drop them at dolphin estate obalende and sped off. She said by the time they could reach customer care line of her friends bank, she was told 5 withdrawals of 10k has been made. They emptied her account.

As I type this, I'm still shocked for her. Imagine robbery in broad daylight. Though it was on a Sunday and ikoyi is always deserted on Sundays that was why they were able to carry out their evil without fear.

Please be careful how and where you meet people. Some will pose as client. Just be careful. Not every one who claims to be a client is actually one.

I'm still shocked.

After reading your story.

This is the mistake your friend made.

Never enter the car of somebody you don't know. You see, even after her precautions of them being 3 girls, it didn't save them.

Why not in an eatery ?

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by 400billionman: 3:23am On Nov 29, 2020
Romanoff:

They didn't go to a guy's house. The guy picked them from the front of a police station after the girls alighted from an Uber. They entered the car of the guy, two other guys were inside the car.

The robbery took place in the car.

Take time to read.

You are justifying slowness.

Crunchies, ShopRite, Genesis, meeting in an open place would have saved all these stories.

You are justifying greediness.

Business should be treated as business.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by pozehnani(f): 4:12am On Nov 29, 2020
Ishilove:

She never tell you wetin happen tru tru. So six people entered the vehicle. Is the vehicle a Sienna? What's the deal with packing all your friends on a business deal??

If you read through, you'll see where I explained why she went with her friends.

I wouldn't know if it was a sienna. Though from her explanations, there were three guys because she said the one in the front seat did not utter a word or even look back. Only the guy ( sitting with them) and the driver. So, yes. They were six in the car.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by generationz(f): 4:39am On Nov 29, 2020
pocohantas:

Even without weapon. I fear that gender pass LION. Everything on their body is a weapon.

grin grin My dear, one wouldn't know until you for whatever reason get into a physical struggle with a man. This is why I still support men not beating women because the fight won't be on fairgrounds. Just find some other way to deal with her if wrong.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by generationz(f): 4:41am On Nov 29, 2020
pozehnani:

She said she had a premonition and didn't want to go. Her instinct kept telling her not to go. That was why she called her friends to accompany her.
Hmmm... Friends can't defend you when rituals appear na. All of you might become victims. May God save us.

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Jaqenhghar: 5:39am On Nov 29, 2020
Brandonx:

Madam I read right! What's the difference between meeting a guy at his place and letting him drive you to the meeting place? undecided she could have as well asked him to come pick her at her place na.
You read right but you chose to interprete it the way you want which to you mean going to do business means runs. SMH
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by nitoriolohun(m): 5:52am On Nov 29, 2020
illitracy:
3 guys, 3 girls, which car accommodated 6 nyashes was it a limo?

I have been reading comments and yours makes me feel relaxed to share my mind.
That girl is not saying the truth or better still the whole truth. You are meeting someone for the first time and going with two of your friends making three of you and met with him and two if his friends making three also, what a perfect coincidence and now how did four of them sits comfortably at the back and those guys were able to still carry out the plans under tight things .

Another thing that poke me is she claiming she can't send quotation via chat because the deal is a big one and she has been busy and cant get to sit down and figure it out but created time to go meet the client is unreasonable.

I'm not ruling out the fact that she was robbed but I'm quite familiar with stories of such guys that are specialized in robbing runs girls.

But no matter what no one deserves to be robbed.God will fight for her !!!

4 Likes

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Dantedasz(m): 6:41am On Nov 29, 2020
pozehnani:

Now let me tell you.

After service, my pastors wife usually meet with the single sisters. And during service she already gave the testimony about the robbery but not in details. So at the meeting, pastors wife was the one who now asked her to explain what really happened and she did.

Secondly, why I said she's not my friend is because we are More than just friends. We are in the same choir.

The story gets deeper and deeper.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by pozehnani(f): 6:47am On Nov 29, 2020
Dantedasz:

The story gets deeper and deeper.

Yeah, it has to because of doubting Thomas here.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Somzee(f): 7:09am On Nov 29, 2020
This is their new format o, business or no business. That's how they gave a colleague of mine a lift around glover road Ikoyi about 3 Sundays ago, collected her iPhone, atm card and cash on her before pushing her out of the jeep.
Times are bad.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by DeMoneyGenius: 7:10am On Nov 29, 2020
pozehnani:

I'm still shocked.

I'm still in shock too.
Entered Uber and alighted from a taxify.
Well done ooo... Oga Uberxify

1 Like

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Cutehector(m): 7:31am On Nov 29, 2020
Op I don't pity your choir friend and her two other friends one bit, infact they deserve it. What the fùck is with you girls and jumping into stranger's cars? Abi dem use car swear for una.

You girls will see a stranger and just hop into his car without ever reasoning the person can be a thief. Anyways, the funniest part is this another girl will still read this again and fall victim. Nigerian girls una no dey use una brain walahi
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Cutehector(m): 7:32am On Nov 29, 2020
DeMoneyGenius:

I'm still in shock too.
grin The op sef no get sense.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Kondomatic(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2020
pocohantas:

Even without weapon. I fear that gender pass LION. Everything on their body is a weapon.

Poco fear that gender?

Since when?

Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by Ishilove: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2020
pozehnani:

If you read through, you'll see where I explained why she went with her friends.

I wouldn't know if it was a sienna. Though from her explanations, there were three guys because she said the one in the front seat did not utter a word or even look back. Only the guy ( sitting with them) and the driver. So, yes. They were six in the car.
One in the driver's seat, one in the passenger seat and one in the back seat. And she still squeezed her lenge lenge body together with her two friends in the same back seat? And this is supposed to be a business deal.

She was foolish. A strange and ungodly foolishness. So one man in the back overpowered 3 girls sitting beside him? The driver is vulnerable so he is not in the equation, the one in the front seat did not look back so he is also not in the equation, but the one crammed at the back with them would have had to contend with three girls armed with sharp teeth, confusion inducing high pitched voices, and sharp fingernails. The power of numbers in a confined space was not utilised.

Your girl and her friends were beyond foolish.

Anyhu, I know someone in Panti who can track the phones and get the robbers arrested, but she will pay. That's the Nigerian way.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by dominique(f): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2020
pafisayo:

Sad thing is ‘
According to her the story was told within the church premises.
She’s met with the guy before” that’s how they exchanged numbers .
She’s obviously had some sort of communication ‘chat voice call etc ..
But the op mentioned that the supposed victim can’t make an official report to the police because She’s scared He will send his gangs’
I’ll like to assume one would probably know someone real well to know if they got a gang or they are part of a gang and for someone the victim had met before and she also knows his gang .
And he and his gang robbed you at Gun point but still the best u can do is tell the story in church ☺️ .

I think they've been chatting mostly online and agreed to meet face to face to discuss "business". You can't claim to know who you've only been chatting with. She took a huge risk going to meet a man she barely knows and entering his car. Thank God she lived to tell the story.
She's afraid to go-to the cops as the man and his gangs could track her down and harm her that's why she only told her story at the church.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by bjtinz: 8:06am On Nov 29, 2020
DeMoneyGenius:

I'm still in shock too.

Cool down abeg. They are largely similar in their mode of operation.
Re: My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With by bjtinz: 8:09am On Nov 29, 2020
dominique:
Your friend's story makes absolutely no sense. Why did she have to take two friends to a business meeting? People have carried out multi million naira transactions without ever setting eyes on each other, I'm wondering what quotation is she quoting that she had to go to an undisclosed location with a strange fellow. And agreeing to enter a stranger's car with two men to God knows where in these perilous times of kidnapping for ransom or rituals? What the hell were they thinking?

Tell your friends to be honest, they went for a booty call not a business meeting. The guy posed as a big shot and asked her to bring friends for his fellow rich friends. Knowing how greedy the average greedy naija babe is, it's a no brainer that they will fall into their trap. Your friends should be thanking their stars that they didn't lose more than earthly possessions that can be replaced.

Ladies be careful! So many "abroad" guys and "rich clean" guys are prowling all over social media claiming to be looking for girlfriends. Most of them have sinister motives. I believe it's one of such guys the op's friend fell for.

Habaaaa shocked

Madam Dominique, you so assh. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Baby Found In A Polythene Bag In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Ibrah, Ghanaian Yahoo Boy Arrested For Money Laundering - Photos / 13-Year-Old Girl Raped By Pastor Dies Giving Birth To Set Of Twins In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.