Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

My Access Bank Account Hacked.. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Access Bank Account Hacked.. (4006 Views)

My Money Has Been Wiped From My Access Bank / #98.000 Just Disappeared From My Access Bank Account / PND On My Access Bank Acct. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2020
Good morning guys
Yesterday about to four I was sleeping and a number called me which I didn't pick.
Just after a second I started receiving series of debit alert from Access bank

All my money gone ...
Please help me what can be done
This money was a loan I borrowed

N.B : I have to open a new nairaland account

1 Like

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2020
Help me

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Uzomacharles: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2020
Who did you give your phone or pin?

Looks like the transaction was made through Sporting Bet App....

Did you share your app login details with anybody?

2 Likes

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2020

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2020
Uzomacharles:
Who did you give your phone or pin?

Looks like the transaction was made through Sporting Bet App....

Did you share your app login details with anybody?

I didn't share anything
I was with my arm card when the message was coming in..
I don't even understand
I don't use app..
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Uzomacharles: 8:11am On Nov 23, 2020
Helpmeeeeeee:

I didn't share anything I was with my arm card when the message was coming in.. I don't even understand I don't use app..
Think well
That stuff looks like Sporting Bet App and that's all I can say..
Or you shared your logins with someone or someone caught up with your ATM Card

2 Likes

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:14am On Nov 23, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Think well

That stuff looks like Sporting Bet App and that's all I can say..

Or you shared your logins with someone or someone caught up with your ATM Card

I don't have any idea sir..
Am serious short of words
I didn't share my login with anybody
I don't use access app

2 Likes

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by akinmusi(m): 8:18am On Nov 23, 2020
Call customer care. Search the internet or use Google to look up your bank's customer care reps number and deactivate first.

Go to the nearest branch and lodge a complaint for tracking
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Nbotee(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2020
Seems U used ur atm details to register on a bet site..
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by internationalman(m): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2020
This is a dead end..

Nigerian Banks are ineffectual in situations like this. They will just add to your problem.

Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by internationalman(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2020
Nbotee:
Seems U used ur atm details to register on a bet site..

Even so, only his betting account the card details can be used. That's if the ATM details were register to his account.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by dominique(f): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2020
Did you make any online purchase recently? Did you use your ATM card on a POS recently. Your care details got compromised during one of your transactions or someone simply copied out the card digits and Security numbers. But people don't have conscience sha, how can you wipe out someone's bank account and expect it to be well with you?

2 Likes

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2020
akinmusi:
Call customer care. Search the internet or use Google to look up your bank's customer care reps number and deactivate first.

Go to the nearest branch and lodge a complaint for tracking

I called Customer care and I was told my atm card was compromised..
That there was no way to trace it

1 Like

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Antibot5: 8:33am On Nov 23, 2020
When was the last time you used a POS?
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by StubbornGENIUS: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2020
dominique:

Did you make any online purchase recently? Did you use your ATM card on a POS recently. Your care details got compromised during one of your transactions or someone simply copied out the card digits and Security numbers. But people don't have conscience sha, how can you wipe out someone's bank account and expect it to be well with you?
Is this possible without a pin or otp?
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2020
dominique:

I didn't do any online transaction
I only used pos which have been using for some times ..
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Nopanties: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2020
This is the problem with Access Visa card. For online transaction, all u need is the card details and pin. No OTP

1 Like

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by dominique(f): 8:51am On Nov 23, 2020
Helpmeeeeeee:

I didn't do any online transaction
I only used pos which have been using for some times ..

I wish there's something your bank can do about this. Have you at least blocked your ATM card?

StubbornGENIUS:
Is this possible without a pin or otp?

I heard these POS operators now have a way of ripping someone's card details and use it after the person has left their shop.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2020
dominique:

I wish there's something your bank can do about this. Have you at least blocked your ATM card?

I heard these POS operators now have a way of ripping someone's card details and use it after the person has left their shop.

Yes have blocked the atm

1 Like

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Coolgent(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2020
Helpmeeeeeee:
Good morning guys
Yesterday about to four I was sleeping and a number called me which I didn't pick.
Just after a second I started receiving series of debit alert from Access bank

All my money gone ...
Please help me what can be done
This money was a loan I borrowed

N.B : I have to open a new nairaland account
Have your ever purchase anything online using your atm card?
Go to your bank asap
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Nbotee(m): 9:36am On Nov 23, 2020
internationalman:

Even so, only his betting account the card details can be used. That's if the ATM details were register to his account.

Dey did the all the withdrawals via their betting acct. I have a friend who fell for the trick wen a supposed family friend on facebook convinced him to open a bet account on a bet site and fund his account to pay for a so called sure bet..
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by iamyemiakins(m): 10:10am On Nov 23, 2020
Nawa o, but this should be traceable now.
Why are Nigerian Banks this ineffective and poor in security of digital transactions.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Helpmeeeeeee: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2020
I went online to search for sportypay and this was what I got

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by StubbornGENIUS: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2020
dominique:

True,I had to check the possibility and I'm very suprised that some merchants actually do it.This is wicked fraud!CBN should have a way of tracking such criminals.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by StubbornGENIUS: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Nawa o, but this should be traceable now.
Why are Nigerian Banks this ineffective and poor in security of digital transactions.
The matter tire me sef.I wonder the use of cashless and online banking when transactions cannot be easily traced.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by peppermint7(m): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2020
Things to consider in a situation like this.
If you have not given your card to anybody
If you have not registered on any betting site. If you are very sure of the above.
Just sabi sey na pos pple do you dis one
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by peppermint7(m): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2020
Oga u for don use ussd block ur card and Akant
Immediately I got the first alert now.

E gt simples way to avoid all this wahala
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by peppermint7(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2020
But all I can sey here is
Since that transaction has a web pmt address on it it means you may have Registered On an illegal betting site.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by tellwisdom: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
How on earth will you not be vigilant and conscious of everything happening in your life? You should be able to give account of everything happening in your life.

If you can’t, then you are not living but existing.

Nobody will help you but yourself. Start tracing all your activities in the last few weeks and you will get where the problem is coming from.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by Oyinladephilip(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
I have told people to stop using sporty bet again but they wouldn't listen.. You see now!

Sporty bet have been compromised.... Those guys working with sporty bet are big time hackers and scammers and what they do is Selective Hacking, they target customers randomly to hack their accounts. Once you have used your ATM card to deposit on your sporty account, they immediately get your card details and send it to hackers to hack it and deduct money from your bank account. I have been a victim of their fraudulent act twice. Don't ever use your card to pay (deposit) on any sport site coz if you do that's where they get your card details and start defrauding you...

If you want to place a bet, go to bet shop to play it or better still use your Bank app to recharge your sporty bet/bet9ja account directly, though they will remove some charges but it's quite safer than going to those sports site to input your card details.. Using your bank app is just like you're sending money directly to the bet account and you won't need to input any card details, that's what I even use to recharge my bet9ja account... They only deduct #48 naira as charges fee.... It's quite safer.

If you still use sporty bet and you know you have once recharge on the bet account using your ATM details, call them (sportybet) now and tell them to block/deactivate your sporty bet account... Tell them you are no longer interested in using it before they start removing/deducting money from your bank account or better still go to your bank and block your ATM card, and get a new ATM card with a new pin...A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by majesterial: 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ehya sorry.
Re: My Access Bank Account Hacked.. by davillian(m): 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
Let me tell you something
From what I can see OP
Somone used your ATM card on sporty bet....
The OTP was sent to your phone number once...
On sporty bet once you register a card on your account it sends OTP once and after that when next you want to load or found your account you only use the 3 digit at the back of your card
Note they only send OTP once on sporty bet to reg your card.....

Now think we'll who are your friends that plays bet
If you have brothers check them too....

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Friend Is Currently Being Raped And She Need Help ASAP. Pls Help / Best Punishment For Rape Offenders / See Picture Of The World Biggest Snake That Has Killed Many People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.