Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State (28084 Views)

Sudan's Warring Factions Agree To A 72-hour Nationwide Ceasefire - Blinken / Russia Imposes Sanctions On Biden, Blinken, Other US Officials / Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by OfficialAwol(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2020
PAWG:

Don’t be bipolar, choose a side

A little to the right.

A little to the left.

Life ana-agaga!

3 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by grandlexuz(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2020
B
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by SlurUsername1: 9:03am On Nov 23, 2020
Thought some persons said he would nominate a woman?
Bullshit
Biden is Nobodys stooge

1 Like

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by grandlexuz(m): 9:03am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

He's making appointments when he's not sure of transition.

I understand the psychological torture they are giving Trump through announcement of these appointments.

Meanwhile ever since I discovered that Biden might not be as pro-Buhari as I hitherto imagined, I've been Less agitated.

He can now be sworn.

All hail the second Catholic President of the United States after JFK.

Good Morning Sir. Trump might have succeeded in rubbishing the the US electoral democracy but the transition to Biden is as certain as Monday to Tuesday. You might not have noticed but Trump's lawyers are an embarrasment to the practice of Law. Chris Christie, Former NJ Governor and Trump ally described Trumps lawyers as a national embarrasment. He said the Trump camp was often discussing election fraud "outside the courtroom, but when they go inside the courtroom they don't plead fraud and they don't argue fraud".

The governor of MD likened the election outcome to a Banana Republic. Frankly that's what the US has become. Look at the recent election happenings in Tanzania and Ivory Coast. Despite the widespread irregularities the US has found itelf in a position unsuitable to give election lessons. When a former US diplomat to the UN likened Trump to Mugabe, African twitter users read out the scriptures from the King James Vesion loud and clear. Personally I think Mugabe was too intelligent to be likened to Trump..Lol

Pro Buhari you say.. When Buhari won in 2019 Trump was at the helm of affairs; he too must have been pro Buhari. LOL. I like your line, All hail the Second Catholic president of the US after JFK. However I object to the word Catholic in that phrase. I have come to the conclusion ones denomination doesn't define their personality. The average African Pentecostal pastor will credit his undying support for Trump for being a Christian. I might not be in a better position to define a Christian but Trump isn't one by the true definition of the word.

Christianity and African Christianity in particular has been rubbished to the outward. You are seen as more Christian if you carry a big Bible. We have become no different to the Pharisees who pray in the open so the can be hailed as Religious. The Bunker Man Bible post card infront of the church was praised by many Christians on nairaland. I can bet Trump doesnt know the name of the first and last book of the bible. Christianity is about Love and Tolerance, traits Mr Trump clearly doesn't posses. As much as I hate to grade one's level of Christianity Trump doesn't come anywhere close to Biden.

I don't support Biden because he is a Christian and goes to a Catholic church. I support him because I have seen in him the fruits of humility, restrain, kindness, empathy, and most especially Love. Believe you me I will give my daughter in marriage to any man who posseses those qualities irrespective of their denomination or Religion. As humans we must strive to look at fruits in others and not names and appearances.

One thing is certain as Trump leaves on the 20th of January most of his damage will leave with him. The world will jubilate with fireworks across major cities. As 2021 unravels he would be shocked at the few friends he can hold unto. Such is the world of politics That the courts are still working and distinct from the executive shows the US is a great democracy; despite its shortcomings.

10 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Mathsco1: 9:04am On Nov 23, 2020
it's good for them, for now I'm focusing more on matters arising from my country Nigeria.
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by jaxxy(m): 9:05am On Nov 23, 2020
I have no problem with Biden I only have with Democrats. They went all out to spoil Trumps image and administration cos they cudnt handle Hilary’s defeat. undecided

Now they suddenly want cooperation? undecided

1 Like

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by wink2015(m): 9:05am On Nov 23, 2020
President-elect Joe Biden is poised to nominate Antony Blinken to serve as secretary of state.

Incoming White House chief of staff Ron Klain said earlier Sunday that Biden intended to begin revealing members of his Cabinet Tuesday.

Blinken is expected to be among the first nominations, people familiar with the matter said, with Biden intent on sending a signal that rebuilding America's alliances is one of his top priorities.

Bloomberg was first to report that Biden intends to name Blinken.

The president-elect is also expected to name Jake Sullivan, another close aide of his, as national security adviser, and Linda Thomas-Greenfield, a 35-year Foreign Service veteran, as his ambassador to the U.N.

Antony J. Blinken began his career at the State Department during the Clinton administration.
Antony J. Blinken began his career at the State Department during the Clinton administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/22/us/politics/biden-antony-blinken-secretary-of-state.html

BIDEN IS BUSY SETTING UP HIS CABINET.

Meanwhile, Trump is trumpeting around america telling everyone who bother to listen to him that the election was rigged against him.
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Splitmind: 9:06am On Nov 23, 2020
capitalzero:

It baffles when most buharists were rooting for Biden!!!
Most Democrats president likes interfering in affairs of developing nations

It wasn't Democrats that invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Gamesmart: 9:06am On Nov 23, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/22/us/politics/biden-antony-blinken-secretary-of-state.html

What schools failed you to the point they thought you that "intends" means "chooses"?
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Gerrard59(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2020
Already appointing people to positions yet Buhari wasted his first 6+ months by using permanent secretaries. Still, Olodo Nigerians masquerading as intellectuals who are actually intellectwats supported the decision.

Demons and wicked cretinous fvcktards!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Burgerlomo: 9:07am On Nov 23, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Way to go. Finally Trump has been kicked out lol

How much is your fee? The reason why I'm asking that type of question is because of your moniker (NaijaOlosho) so no offense.
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Gullis: 9:08am On Nov 23, 2020
capitalzero:

it is sheer lunacy thinking any president of united state is pro buhari. Biden is 10 times trump would ever be and million times what our presido here would ever hope to be.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Focusmind: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

I understand the psychological torture they are giving Trump through announcement of these appointments.

Meanwhile ever since I discovered that Biden might not be as pro-Buhari as I hitherto imagined, I've been Less agitated.

He can now be sworn.

Is that why the two appointees are Catholics sad? just asking
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by pacespot(m): 9:11am On Nov 23, 2020
I never heard this name before, hope he is up to the elevated position?
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by fk001(m): 9:11am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

He can now be sworn.

Do you have any choice than to support him?

You already know that the orange face clown has no option than to leave the White House come January.

3 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Bellotelli: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2020
bolaayenimo:

This is a country where things works... Not a certain mumu that took almost 6 months to make appointments yet ended up appointing incompetent and leprous hands.
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 23, 2020
Is Biden the president
What nonsense
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2020
Bellotelli:

This is a country where things works... Not a certain mumu that took almost 6 months to make appointments yet ended up appointing incompetent and leprous hands.
grin grin
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2020
Dapcity007:
Is Biden the president
What nonsense
He will be.

5 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by ofiko123(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2020
Good for Biden..
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by jaggabban: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2020
capitalzero:

Didnt it baffle u wen u flat headers & PDP rooting for Trump? Nonsensical

2 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by NdigboWorldwide: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

He can now be sworn.

On the 20th of Jenuary 2021 afternoon, Biden will be sworn in as POTUS, Trump can take that to the bank.
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Agugbadin: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

He can now be sworn.

Face your failed country and leave America to sort out their problems. USA is 1000 years ahead of Nigeria.
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by ipobarethieves: 9:18am On Nov 23, 2020
cool BIDEN cheesy wink smiley grin kiss kiss kiss. Where's Righteousness89 grin grin
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 23, 2020
Chii59:

He will be.

Hopefully,in the mean time he should focus on the disputed election not concentrating his time making appointees, these is worsening the already polarized America,where is he rushing too
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by techmo(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

He can now be sworn.

Biden and Democrat are pro APC

Tinubu is even a long time card carrying member of the Dems in Chicago

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by jrusky(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2020
Few things that caught my interest in the whole post is Biden determination to build bridges with all America Alliance and NOT wall of Jericho that old sour looking grumpy thing called Trump was busy doing.

And is determination raising America status again in UN that the old arrogant destroyed and affected other nations will end.

Finally the world are tired of mischievous, arrogant, racist leader who all they care about is to make younger generstion future uncertain after living their own full years on earth.

Leaders like Trump who is humanly incapable to lead a nation very racist, very rude, divisive, abusive, no manners.

Leader like Buhari who nepotism, religious bigotry and ineffectiveness is his second name.

Leaders like Boris Johnson who all he knows is to lie for his country and pulled them.out of EU forgetting the younger generation will suffer the feat in long run being blocked out of their fellow younger EU nationals till Corona struck him but too late to change the baton now hanging his country on a straw.

Finally I love Joe Biden because he is coming back to smack the a s s of Buhari and apc for lying to him and Obama and sold bad market called Buhari to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by etrouble: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2020
capitalzero:

Yes, like Bush that killed Saddam Hussein. Go and think again
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2020
jrusky:
Few things that caught my interest in the whole post is Biden determination to build bridges with all America Alliance and NOT wall of Jericho that old sour looking grumpy thing called Trump was busy doing.

And is determination raising America status again in UN that the old arrogant destroyed and affected other nations will end.

Finally the world are tired of mischievous, arrogant, racist leader who all they care about is to make younger generstion future uncertain after living their own full years on earth.

Leaders like Trump who is humanly incapable to lead a nation very racist, very rude, divisive, abusive, no manners.

Leader like Buhari who nepotism, religious bigotry and ineffectiveness is his second name.

Leaders like Boris Johnson who all he knows is to lie for his country and pulled them.out of EU forgetting the younger generation will suffer the feat in long run being blocked out of their fellow younger EU nationals till Cotona struck him but too late to change the baton now hanging is country on a straw.

Finally I love Joe Biden because he is coming back to smack the a s s of Buhari and apc fot lying to him and Obama and sold bad market called Buhari to Nigeria.

Love Biden like Obama did wanting to pass gay law
Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by gassbee: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2020
OfficialAwol:

He can now be sworn.

transition is surely going to happen. All trump lawsuit has been dismissed because they lack merit. come January 2021 a new president wil be sworn in. if trump makes trouble SSS wil take care of him

2 Likes

Re: Biden Chooses Antony Blinken As Secretary Of State by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2020
ipobarethieves:
cool BIDEN cheesy wink smiley grin kiss kiss kiss. Where's Righteousness89 grin grin

Respect his religious liberty its constitutional

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Says Israel Made ‘very Big Mistake’ With Gaza Destruction / West African Forces Arrest Gambian Army General / Alexei Navalny Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.