Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:28 AM

Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige (15370 Views)

Withheld Salaries: Uncertainty As ASUU Rejects Fg’s Offer / ASUU Divided Over FG's Offer To End Strike / ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by precy111(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Why ASUU should accept FG’s offer — Ngige

Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, has expressed optimism that members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities will accept the new offer by the Federal Government and end the eight-month strike which began in March.

He urged ASUU to hasten consultations with its members in order to return to the negotiation table before Friday.

“I feel that even this offer is one of the best they have ever gotten since I started conciliation with them. I do not see why they should not accept it. Everything they asked for has been granted. I don’t think they should say the offer is not good.

“But I told them before they left that asking the nation and the students to wait from Friday to Friday is unfair, they should come back to us by Tuesday. They have done that before when we negotiated with the Senate President. The offer was made on a Thursday and they came back to us on a Tuesday.

“So, that’s what I expect them to do this time around. If they do so, the nation will appreciate them and regard them as patriotic citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I expect them to get back to me much earlier than Friday,” the minister, who spoke on an Arise TV interview monitored by The PUNCH, said.

The PUNCH had reported last Friday that the Federal Government accepted the demand by ASUU that the lecturers be exempted from the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System.

The government also offered to increase the Earned Allowances to university staff from N30 billion to N35b and the Revitalisation Fund from N20b to N25b.

The development came after weeks of negotiations and disagreements by the FG and ASUU, which proposed the University Transparency and Accountability Solution as its preferred payment platform.

Reading out the communique at the end of a seven-hour negotiation with ASUU members in Abuja on Friday, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, had said the government also agreed to ASUU’s demand to pay their members’ salary arrears from February to June through the old salary payment platform, Government Integrated Financial and Management Information System.

The breakthrough in negotiations is expected to end the eight-month strike embarked on by the university lecturers as parents and students wait on ASUU to call off the strike.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-ASUU-should-accept-fgs-offer-ngige/%3famp=1

2 Shares

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Pepsi4me(f): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
For 10 months now. Some non academic staff of universities has not been paid their salaries.. They have submitted their bvn. Yet ippis refused to pay them.. Their various school administrator has written severally to the accountant General of the federation inviting ippis to their various schools for capturing of their remaining staff. Ippis refused to honour the invitation. And these staff has resigned from their various workplaces and now are suffering in penury. 10 good months without pay.

And u ask if the FG actually care about their workers at all. Ippis should as a matter or urgency.. Go to various universities especially nnamdi azikiwe University and capture these staff.. Their suffering is terrible.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by sreamsense: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
Cptflint:
For 10 months now. Some non academic staff of universities has not been paid their salaries.. They have submitted their bvn. Yet ippis refused to pay them.. Their various school administrator has written severally to the accountant General of the federation inviting ippis to their various schools for capturing of their remaining staff. Ippis refused to honour the invitation. And these staff has resigned from their various workplaces and now are suffering in penury. 10 good months without pay.

And u ask if the FG actually care about their workers at all. Ippis should as a matter or urgency.. Go to various universities especially nnamdi azikiwe University and capture these staff.. Their suffering is terrible.

I beg stop spreading your lies from thread to thread, only those who refused to obey government directives on registration are those that are not yet paid, even the ASUU chairman and minister said it over and over. How can you be playing victim cards when you failed to comply with registration despite many closing Grace's government offered them?

Obey first before complain, those lecturers that complied and those that went to Abuja for registration are not owing up to that amount. Calculate how many months government had been telling them to comply or remain unpaid.

Those who are not paid choosed not to be paid out of government options for non-compliance, you can't blame government for that, blame stubborn ASUU for their selfishness while hiding under canopy of they are fighting for quality education and students

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Samakus(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Cptflint:

See how you're spreading lies. Can't you say the truth for once eh?

After IPPIS capturing in December/January, Unizik went ahead to employ over 2k staff. Some where even employed in June this year. Because the management allegedly were hurrying to cover slots of ghost workers they have been defrauding FG with since.

Those new staff that went to Abuja to get captured were asked to bring letter of identification from their school and bank statement showing that they have received 6months salaries. Of course, they couldn't provide that.

Blame your greedy institution management for their greed and corruption. Not IPPIS.

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Ebenezer2021(m): 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Cptflint:
[s] for 10 months now. Some non academic staff of universities has not been paid their salaries.. They have submitted their bvn. Yet ippis refused to pay them.. Their various school administrator has written severally to the accountant General of the federation inviting ippis to their various schools for capturing of their remaining staff. Ippis refused to honour the invitation. And these staff has resigned from their various workplaces and now are suffering in penury. 10 good months without pay.

[/s] will you shut up and keep quiet

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Dreamliner787(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
I also agree with you Ngige... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by gunners160(m): 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
Samakus:

After IPPIS capturing in December/January, Unizik went ahead to employ over 2k staff. Some where even employed in June this year. Because the management allegedly were hurrying to cover slots of ghost workers they have been defrauding FG with since.

Those new staff that went to Abuja to get captured were asked to bring letter of identification from their school and bank statement showing that they have received 6months salaries. Of course, they couldn't provide that.

Blame your greedy institution management for their greed and corruption. Not IPPIS.
I have been following your comments and I love the fact that you are always straight whenever you air your opinion without any form of bias. Anybody who is against the use of IPPIS does not know or has never for once worked with any govt organisation.
Doing justice to ASUU, IPPIS has been faced with certain set backs and just as we all know, nothing in this entire world is perfect. I won't want to mention the name of the institution I happened to work with, do you know everything you just stated here is actually what is happening over there. There was even a time the V . C was wanted by EFCC. The accountability is 5%.The people crying foul are the ogas at the top who are benefiting from illegal govt money.. Right now, recruitment is still taking place and I weep for this country

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
gunners160:
I have been following your comments and I love the fact that you are always straight whenever you air your opinion without any form of bias. Anybody who is against the use of IPPIS does not know or has never for once worked with any govt organisation.
Doing justice to ASUU, IPPIS has been faced with certain set backs and just as we all know, nothing in this entire world is perfect. I won't want to mention the name of the institution I happened to work with, do you know everything you just stated here is actually what is happening over there. There was even a time the V . C was wanted by EFCC. The accountability is 5%.The people crying foul are the ogas at the top who are benefiting from illegal govt money.. Right now, recruitment is still taking place and I weep for this country

If what you are saying is the truth. Then the administration has been lying to the staff. Because they have been the ones telling the staff that ippis will come and they have sent letters inviting ippis to unizik..

I can remember specifically that the registrar gave out a notice for the staff that hasn't been captured not to bother going to Abuja.. That ippis will come to nnamdi azikiwe University and capture these staff..

These staff really need help. As it stands now most of them are confused and helpless in the face of current situation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by LUGBE: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2020
Watching
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by slawormiir: 8:47am On Nov 24, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
You can never dictate to your employer on how you want to be paid
They didn't say they exempted ASUU from ippis

They want to subject ASUU payments platform called utas to cyber security test

After that....i trust Nigerian Government..they will say it failed the cyber security test

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2020
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by updatechange(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
I pray Nigeria problems be solved, even if its at the death of our leaders angry

1 Like

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Respect55(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
Nigerians should just enjoy what they got for themselves.
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Charlesdock(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
If to say Education is a priority in this country the strike won't have last a month but you know this is Nigeria where everybody plays victim.

5 Likes

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Kak7: 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
Cptflint:

If what you are saying is the truth. Then the administration has been lying to the staff. Because they have been the ones telling the staff that ippis will come and they have sent letters inviting ippis to unizik..

I can remember specifically that the registrar gave out a notice for the staff that hasn't been captured not to bother going to Abuja.. That ippis will come to nnamdi azikiwe University and capture these staff..

These staff really need help. As it stands now most of them are confused and helpless in the face of current situation.
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by otokx(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
Samakus:

The corruption in the federal universities is unbelievable, some of the VCs think they are gods.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Amspecial: 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
grin
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by techmo(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2020
cool

It's not always about who is right or who is wrong, it's about maintaining the balance, just consider ASUU's request for the sake of students

Even biblical God could have destroyed Satan but he never did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by donald017: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2020
Attention: any lady who's financially stable and needs a man for marriage should quote me so i will drop my number07052408578we could start somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=Cptflint post=96357306]For 10 months now. Some non academic staff of universities has not been paid their salaries.. They have submitted their bvn. Yet ippis refused to pay them.. Their various school administrator has written severally to the accountant General of the federation inviting ippis to their various schools for capturing of their remaining staff. Ippis refused to honour the invitation. And these staff has resigned from their various workplaces and now are suffering in penury. 10 good months without pay.

And u ask if the FG actually care about their workers at all. Ippis should as a matter or urgency.. Go to various universities especially nnamdi azikiwe University and capture these staff.. Their suffering is terrible. [/quote

Who told you they have not been paid?FG is not owing any non academic staff that is under ippis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2020
sad
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by newharddrives(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
No hope to revamp the educational institutions by this administration,no hope

1 Like

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Daddario: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
EndStrike
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Stevengold(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
angryHow do I join ASUU??
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by Ibegtodiffer: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Shame of a government. Shame of a Minister.

1 Like

Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by money121(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige by NaijaCover(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Students Attempt Suicide In Ondo For Failing Exams / Vacation To Chicago During Strike Is For Collaboration Discussions - UNICAL VC / FG Appoints Jega, Peter Okebukola To Review Nigeria’s University System​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.