Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? (2271 Views)

She Confessed To Have Committed Adultery.advise Please / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by bigass(f): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2011
I got married to my darling wife five years ago, and it has been a wonderful relationship, up till last week. Something happened that nearly eroded the love I have for her. I’m not saying that we have not had our share of the ups and downs in marriage. With a good job, two lovely children and a peaceful home, we cannot possibly ask for more. I love my wife a lot and I respect her so much. But I received the shock of my life last week when I got to know that she was seeing another man.
I must say that I’m not a saint because occasionally, in the past, I had allowed my flesh to get the better part of me in respect of the opposite sex. Even at that, I cannot be labeled a Casanova. The truth is that I had cheated on her before but unfortunately, she found out, although I was not caught in the act. Need I say that since then, she no longer trusted me?
Whenever I came home late from work or went out with friends, the look on her face and her actions suggested that I had just left the bosom of another woman. Sometimes, I reacted angrily to her gestures but at other times, I understood her plight. I took it that her reaction could be a result of her lack of trust in me.
There was a time I had to swear to her by the Holy book to prove my innocence that I was not having an affair with a friend of hers. She just came up with this idea that we were having an affair.
In spite of all of these, we always managed the situation and it did not reduce the love I have for her. I have faced several cases of wrong allegations of infidelity. There is nothing she demanded from me that I refused her, even if it had to be done at a later time.
So genuine was the love I feel for her that whenever she was not happy, it became a source of worry to me. I never got relief until her mood was right. As a result of this, it appeared as if my world was crashing when I found out about her escapade with a man close to her place of work.
Some months ago, I introduced my wife to a pastor friend. But I was surprised to hear from him that she later went back to him to ask for a spiritual solution that would make ladies detest her husband; so much that he would not have the guts to make advances at them.
A few days before I discovered this, I had a dream that my wife was carrying a pregnancy that was not mine. Of course, I dismissed the dream as impossibility. I need to add at this juncture that I trusted Tejumola so much that I gave her the liberty to go wherever she wanted and I never doubted her; even when she returned home late.
I have never bothered myself to ask her friends about her whereabouts. She was free to go out with her friends. But one day, I felt that something was amiss when we slept together. Of course, I discovered that her private area felt differently. It was as if she had just had several rounds of sexual intercourse before returning home. I noticed the difference, but there was nothing to cry about since I did not hold any concrete evidence.
It was when I narrated my dream to someone that I heard of her escapades. The man of God that I earlier mentioned said he told my wife that what she was asking for was possible, but that she must preserve herself for her husband. He told her that failure to keep her side of the deal could spell disaster.
With that, my wife promised to come back after giving the issue a second thought; but she did not show up again. I may never have known had she returned to the man. He told me that he was not telling me these things to destroy my home, but he feared that my wife may have gone elsewhere to seek help, since she sensed that he was reluctant to do it for her. He felt that it was better for us to talk about the situation so that a lasting solution could be sought.
For the avoidance of doubt, he called my wife in my presence, put the phone on speaker mode, and I heard her telling him that she would soon come around to see him on the matter. Upon further enquiry during the conversation, I heard my wife confirm to him that she had sex with a man against his warning.
I was shocked and my heartbeat increased. I could not believe my ears and it was a miracle that I drove home safely that day. Before I left his place, I assured the pastor that I would handle the issue with maturity and that I would not do anything stupid.
Believe me, that was one of the saddest days of my life. This is the same person I trusted so much. Someone I went out of my way to please; that made life difficult for me whenever I returned late from work.
That is the woman that flaunted my perceived infidelity before my face at every opportunity; a situation of a pot calling kettle black. I wept.
You may ask what I did thereafter, but the situation of things remained the same as it was before the issue came up. Divorce is never an option or any other punishment. The reason was that I had cheated on her before and what about the future of my wonderful children? I cannot trade off their happiness for anything. If you care to know, I have not mentioned the issue to anybody and I will not. The reason is that her shame is mine too. Her sorrow is mine. As a Yoruba adage puts it, ‘Ko si bi a o se peri isu ti akoni pe ti ikoko ti a fise.’ She may have made a greater mistake, but I believe that she needs a second chance.
When she sensed that danger was knocking, she confessed to me on the day after she returned from the pastor’s place. We both wept sorely. She could not come up with any reason for her action than to say that her friend led her into it.
She begged for forgiveness and assured me that such would never happen again. I believe her and I have forgiven her but it is easier to forgive than to forget.
My concern is this: Can I really believe that there is an end to this affair from her end? How am I really sure that she will keep to her promise? How can I vouch for her that she would not approach another spiritualist in the future for a wrong I may do to her?
To have approached a spiritualist for such an issue is a manifestation of a desperate and selfish mind.
However, regardless of what happened, I still love my wife; I still want to trust her and continue to respect her.
We’re going on a five-day vacation abroad and I believe that by the time we get back, we would have put the issue behind us.
I want my home intact; but I can’t read her
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by kodewrita(m): 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2011
My good friend. I dont know the specifics of the case but I believe you are in danger.

Your wife has started travelling around for a "final solution". what if she decides "Kaka k'eku ma je sese a fi sawada nu"?

I believe you need to now communicate your fears to her and actually determine whether she's pregnant for the other man.

God be with you.
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by Blazay(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2011
By Esteri, inmyheart@punchng.com
Saturday, 19 Mar 2011

PAIN IN THE HEART 19 MAR 2011
The narrator of this week’s story is a troubled husband, who needs to be advised on how to handle his spouse’s infidelity.

Please, kindly aknowledge the source of your story and stop plagiarizing. Thanks! wink

I must say that I’m not a saint because occasionally, in the past, I had allowed my flesh to get the better part of me in respect of the opposite sex. Even at that, I cannot be labeled a Casanova. The truth is that I had cheated on her before but unfortunately, she found out, although I was not caught in the act. Need I say that since then, she no longer trusted me?

Okay.

I have never bothered myself to ask her friends about her whereabouts. She was free to go out with her friends. But one day, I felt that something was amiss when we slept together. Of course, I discovered that her private area felt differently. It was as if she had just had several rounds of sexual intercourse before returning home. I noticed the difference, but there was nothing to cry about since I did not hold any concrete evidence.

Akamu!!!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Mu he he he he he

Did it turn into a pot of "Ofe Owerri? soup? shocked

However, regardless of what happened, I still love my wife; I still want to trust her and continue to respect her.
We’re going on a five-day vacation abroad and I believe that by the time we get back, we would have put the issue behind us.
I want my home intact; but I can’t read her.

Why don't you share your concerns with her on your vacation? Simple.
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by cold(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
She cheated,begged for forgiveness & you have forgiven her.According to you divorce is not an option so where do we come in
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by obowunmi(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
** yawns** --- too many posters these days are copying and pasting other people's stories as theirs. Takes away from those who may have real stories. NEXT!
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by harakiri(m): 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Poster. . .I am not married and neither am i considering it but i can tell you this : once a wife starts sleeping around,it never ends. Women are NOT like men and whether you "cheated" in the past or not doesn't matter. You are a good provider,good husband who does his duties and above all,you have completed her as a woman by marrying her and blessing her womb with kids. That from my perspective is all a man should do. I dont believe in religious dogmas that say divore is not an option. All dat na propaganda wey dey use put man 4 bondage. What if she poisons you or splashes acid on you? Na dat one u go still dey talk? A woman that can go as far as seeking spiritual help is capable of anything. The request she made 2 the pastor is no different from requesting jazz from babalawo. I can bet N1m that she has already started applying concoctions,incantations and portions on you especially now that the marriage is rocky(I TRUST WOMEN IN THIS REGARD). You are a man. Use your head. Visit this site,it might aid you : www.womensinfidelity.com
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by ifyalways(f): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
The posters description of his wife's puccie is hilarious.This is an open and closed case,u chose to forgive therefore u must trust and forget absolutely. . .else your forgiveness is fake.Btwn,have u guys gone for STD tests?I dont envy this couple at all,try as much as they can,things wud never be the same again.Moreso,the guy the woman cheated with,how often do they come in contact,is he a colleague?Proximity and sex appeal don't promote abstinence when combined not forgetting OKafor's 1st law of "Ikpu" . . .Once a CD is Played,there is 100% chance that it wud be rewound,fast forwarded or paused-and-replayed.
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by jasman1: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2011
Once a CHEATER always a CHEATER, I'm so sorry. You might be sincere about keeping your marriage, I really wish you luck and well but don't count on her not doing it again and again. This time was a pastor next time may be JUJU man or woman to make sure she caries her cheating life style without detection. You need to really know who you're married to. This's not the type of thing one starts and stop and so the saying,"ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER" and I sincerely wish you well.
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by dayokanu(m): 7:46am On Mar 21, 2011
ifyalways:

The posters description of her wife's puccie is hilarious.This is an open and closed case,u chose to forgive therefore u must trust and forget absolutely. . .else your forgiveness is fake.Btwn,have u guys gone for STD tests?I dont envy this couple at all,try as much as they can,things wud never be the same again.Again,the guy the woman cheated with,how often do they come in contact,is he a colleague?Proximity and sex appeal don't promote abstinence when combined not forgeting [size=18pt]OKafor's 1st law of "Ikpu" . . .Once a CD is Played,there is 100% chance that it wud be rewind,fastforwarded or paused-and-replayed[/size].
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Who else would utter those words if not Ify?

If hse is not visiting Mamaput canteens she is reciting Okafors law
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by ifyalways(f): 9:31am On Mar 21, 2011
dayokanu:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Who else would utter those words if not Ify?

If hse is not visiting Mamaput canteens she is reciting Okafors law

LOL
Ori eja,fi mi si le  cheesy
Na only dat one u see for my epistle?Whats your advice for the Poster?
Assuming my sister cheats on you,wud you forgive,forget and still trust her?
Someone once said "I wud be matured enough to forgive but I won't be dumb enough to trust again" IMO,that's Papal bulls sha . . .dat kain yeye forgiveness cu.m trust no dey my bloodlines.
Re: Can He Genuinely Trust His Wife After She Confessed To Infidelity? by jasman1: 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ifyalways, you're just being honest,real and refused to play "word games" with the poster. You know what they said, THE TRUTH HURTS. The fact is that marriage's over. Either the poster is not being truthful or he's a fake. The poster's wife is not just a cheater, she's also VERY DANGEROUS. How else can one defined evil. The poster can play dume if he wants, its his life. If the poster's looking for surport here, perharps he's come to a wrong place.

(1) (Reply)

/ My Online Girlfriend Want Me To Save Her Marriage..please Advice / How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.