Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need (1068 Views)

What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Dufil(m): 4:56am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello, fellow nairalanders and senior men in programming. Pls I want to design an app which programming language do I need.

Assuming I'm a novice no formal idea on programming.
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Jas80: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2020
java or python to develop for Android, JavaScript (react native) to develop for both Android and ios
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Unbiased1: 8:30am On Nov 24, 2020
Dufil:
Hello, fellow nairalanders and senior men in programming. Pls I want to design an app which programming language do I need.

Assuming I'm a novice no formal idea on programming.

Swift for iOS app development
C# for Windows
Java for Android
JavaScript(Aurelia or React Native) for Web, iOS and Android.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Dufil(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Unbiased1:

Swift for iOS app development
C# for Windows
Java for Android
JavaScript(Aurelia or React Native) for Web, iOS and Android.
Thanks so much, pls is it what I can learn on my own?
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Dufil(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Jas80:
java or python to develop for Android, JavaScript (react native) to develop for both Android and ios
Thank you sir.
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 25, 2020
Jas80:

Very Correct sir...

java / kotlin

Python is more Ai/ML and web tho...

Cheers....

1 Like

Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Unbiased1: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2020
Dufil:

Thanks so much, pls is it what I can learn on my own?

Yeah, you can learn them on your own. Just open W3Schools in your web browser and learn the following:
HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, React, Bootstrap 4, W3CSS, SASS for frontend and PHP MySQL or Node MySQL or Node Mongo DB for Backend
You can then checkout for more tutorials on YouTube majorly on how to link React librabry with Bootstrap, jQuery librabry and it's plugins and how to work with React Native to turn your code into an app for Android and iOS.
Don't get scared with the long list of things to learn oo. Once the passion is there and you dedicate enough time to learn and practice, you can conclude HTML in a month or so, CSS can also be learnt in just over a month, JavaScript is the real deal, the basics are simple and easy but, its intermidiate sections can stress you out a little and you can also go very far in JavaScript within a month, once you know the basics of JavaScript, jQuery will be too easy for you. As for bootstrap, w3css etc, those ones are even easier than the rest, you just need to learn how to memorize things very well grin grin They make your app responsive.
You should note one thing, you will always get to the point were you will be completely lost and confused and you will instantly lose hope, that's where youtube tutorials come in handy especially Net Ninja Channel and Codevolution Channel, those channels have very easy to understand tutorials on React and Node. Just never give up, coding can be very frustrating and interesting at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Dufil(m): 6:37am On Dec 19, 2020
Unbiased1:

Yeah, you can learn them on your own. Just open W3Schools in your web browser and learn the following:
HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, React, Bootstrap 4, W3CSS, SASS for frontend and PHP MySQL or Node MySQL or Node Mongo DB for Backend
You can then checkout for more tutorials on YouTube majorly on how to link React librabry with Bootstrap, jQuery librabry and it's plugins and how to work with React Native to turn your code into an app for Android and iOS.
Don't get scared with the long list of things to learn oo. Once the passion is there and you dedicate enough time to learn and practice, you can conclude HTML in a month or so, CSS can also be learnt in just over a month, JavaScript is the real deal, the basics are simple and easy but, its intermidiate sections can stress you out a little and you can also go very far in JavaScript within a month, once you know the basics of JavaScript, jQuery will be too easy for you. As for bootstrap, w3css etc, those ones are even easier than the rest, you just need to learn how to memorize things very well grin grin They make your app responsive.
You should note one thing, you will always get to the point were you will be completely lost and confused and you will instantly lose hope, that's where youtube tutorials come in handy especially Net Ninja Channel and Codevolution Channel, those channels have very easy to understand tutorials on React and Node. Just never give up, coding can be very frustrating and interesting at the same time.

Thanks
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by NobleEugene5(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Everyone's saying JavaScript thought React Native. Bro, you could also use Angular and TypeScript. Make research on ionic framework. Thank me later
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by bet9ja(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2020
NobleEugene5:
Everyone's saying JavaScript thought React Native. Bro, you could also use Angular and TypeScript. Make research on ionic framework. Thank me later
I was about to say this. Many people are focusing on react native, I must confess, I have been cashing out with ionic framework.
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by ugwum007(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2020
Nobody mentioned flutter framework here but someone mentioned ionic framework.

Try flutter framework, your life won't remain the same.
Re: I Need To Design an App:which Programming Language Do I Need by Wyben: 3:53am On Dec 29, 2020
You can learn how to develop app in https://naijapride.com.ng so that you will take your time and read very well and know what your doing before you start.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Vb6 With Mysql And Mssql / Is This Really Possible To Do? Can You Do This? / Opera Mini Vs UC Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.