Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,384 members, 7,958,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila (29836 Views)

Pictures From Gbajabiamila's Constituency Meeting In Surulere / Abba Kyari Demands ₦500 Million Against NDLEA Over 'Unlawful Detention' / Olatoye Sugar’s Family Demands N200m From UCH Ibadan For Releasing His Dying Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Miracle2020: 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
Now some families will be praying for bullet to shoot their brothers. What if to say na this family get that pilot that die in kaduna?
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by HRMK: 12:19am On Nov 26, 2020
Raysleek:

You think the family of the bereaved dont know they wont pay that amount? You think You they dont know gbaja will offer less than that as compensation? He will offer less but it wont be the peanuts he had in mind earlier. Even kidnappers that ask for 1 billion eventually settle for less. They just want him to see that the life of their loved one cant be valued in monetary terms. The message is clear , IMPUNITY NEEDS TO END IN THIS COUNTRY. Life is invaluable, a persons soul in priceless.
But what do i know, I am wrong, you are right, you know all.
are u so dumb to know that this isnt abt the fml of the deceased?can the fml afford legal fees of ozekhome?we all know the lawyer works for opposition!he is only interested in getting at fg and nothing more!!
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Amarisco(f): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2020
Tripitaka:

Well, what happened now is that I glanced over your post history and I must admit you sure know how to put thoughts into writing words. My only indifference is with Burna undecided

The pains of typing an entire message, only to be told you are in NL jail by spam bot. Na u cause am wink

And please, I’m shy grin

Your own posts + topics are very intriguing and well curated. I spent a lot of time unpicking your words.

But really, I mean, in the grand scheme of things - what do you think will happen between both parties now? Realistically.

(And EHN? If not Burna
then who please??
shocked angry grin)
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Amarisco(f): 6:12am On Nov 26, 2020
complexBoss12:

I understand your position, not petitioning the person means for me, that you believe this individual knows what to do and will eventually do the right. but you and I know that if you let the matter slide, GBA will play to public sympathy, while doing nothing for the family.

secondly, on money. how else do you suggest they be compensated?? money is not all, but it's the only option (emphasis on only). The man is a breadwinner for people, so those people have to be taken care of.

complexBoss12:

Definitely mks sense to me, I get your position. But I w'll say this, in saner climes you don't request for money bc the person knows what to do, but in Nigeria, Gbajabiamila will play to gallary and leave the family with nothing.
secondly is there any other compensation you can suggest but money?? the deceased is a bread winner, so the people he cares for will need to eat, shelter, school, clothes etc.

So in essence, brothers, this is somewhat a defence mechanism that the family has to take to ensure they are not cheated because the system is designed to undercut them, and GBA will take almost certainly take advantage of that?
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by YorubaMod(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2020
[s]
DragonFire442:

The post pain am..... A pained Lunatic spotted

You are a Dirty Pig from Delta North

500 million naira kill you there...... Big Thief

Make useless policeman kill you and your family members start demanding for 500 million naira whether your stupid ghost go happy..........:::: Idiot

You foolish beast is here Supporting Nonsense instead of demanding for Justice for the dead....... Judas Iscariot (collecting money for the head of an Innocent man)

You are nothing more than a useless second class citizen in Biafra Land......... a total outcast...... a monumental Osu

[/s][/s]
Most senseless post of the year, from a stupid fool of course, mtcheewww.
Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Tripitaka: 7:05am On Nov 26, 2020
Amarisco:

The pains of typing an entire message, only to be told you are in NL jail by spam bot. Na u cause am wink

And please, I’m shy grin

Your own posts + topics are very intriguing and well curated. I spent a lot of time unpicking your words.

But really, I mean, in the grand scheme of things - what do you think will happen between both parties now? Realistically.

(And EHN? If not Burna
then who please??
shocked angry grin)

What do I think will happen now? I think Gbaja will tell them to sit on his middle finger especially in the light of their latest demand. I mean, being a politician in a 3rd world country makes him untouchable anyway, so he'll wonder if the deceased's family are taking his "magnanimity" for weakness. You see, he could decide not to even acknowledge the death and nothing would happen. He could even lie that the vendor was trying to attack him and the "gallant" policeman "swung into action".

I do not know much concerning the position of the law on this. It's a little bit grey; is Gbaja responsible for the policeman, seeing that he isn't under his employ? Then there is the matter of Vicarious Liability which I'm not sure has a place in the Nigerian legal system; this points to Gbaja's "right, ability or duty to control" the activities of the policeman even as a third party. Honestly, I'd think they should be suing the DSS.

Be that as it may, 500m is a lot of money even though it's a negotiation tactics. No amount of money will resurrect the dead, but a certain amount of money can cushion the effect of his death. You can't blame the family for wanting a bulk sum as true to character of our politicians, all the talk of scholarship and stuff is just playing to the gallery. Trust me, by this time in 6 months, Gbaja will stop taking their calls.

On the other matter, Burna may be good. But I do not listen to his type of his music. So It will be unfair to have an opinion on him. wink

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila by Rareoil(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2020
Zenithpeak:

Olodo rabata oshi...
Olori nla..

VICARIOUS Liability go and read it up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sit At Home: Obiano Monitors Economic Activities In Awka, Environs / Fuel Price May Fall As Petrol Vessels Berth At Port / Buhari Behind My Ordeal, Ex-nsa Dasuki Tells Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.