Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant (447 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / Come And See What Jesus Is Doing... / Why Did No Single MOG See The COVID-19 Virus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by HazardAwka(m): 7:45am On Nov 25, 2020
Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, la′ma sabach-tha′ni?” that is, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”
And some of bystanders hearing it said, “This man is calling Eli′jah.
My question is why did no one understood the language he spoke? Where did the language came from?
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Emmanueltrin(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2020
HazardAwka:
Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, la′ma sabach-tha′ni?” that is, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”
My question is why did no one understood the language he spoke? Where did the language came from?
damn niggarr issorit that was a heavenly language probably. and if Chinese come to your area commit crime & mob wants to burn him and his speaking Chinese , will understand it ! ?
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Organsmuggler(f): 7:53am On Nov 25, 2020
undecided

Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by OmobusolaOlaide: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Pls we never need to talk badly towards Prophet Issa(S.W.T)
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Dtruthspeaker: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Does it matter whether they understood or not?

The one He Spoke to them in their language, did they receive it? Abeg non issue!
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by gideonjeta(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
HazardAwka:

What you quoted is Mathew 27:46. The Language used in that verse or those words is contemporary Hebrew (that is, Hebrew language) with a little bit of Aramaic. The reason for the confusion by the crowd is simply because some are interpreting what he said in Hebrew and not taking the full concept (that is, a combination of Hebrew and Aramaic Language).
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
How did you come to understand it?
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by AntiChristian: 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2020
Did Jesus's God really forsook him?

Why Eli Eli here and Eloi Eloi there in Mark?

Jesus had a God! How possible?

Wasn't Jesus aware that he's gonna die for all believers sin?

HazardAwka:
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Dtruthspeaker: 5:01am On Nov 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

Wasn't Jesus aware that he's gonna die for all's believers sin?

You have brought your own problems here, raise a thread. And of course you know the answers to those questions but you are here to do your own Judas Iscariot work!
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by AntiChristian: 5:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You have brought your own problems here, raise a thread. And of course you know the answers to those questions but you are here to do your own Judas Iscariot work!

This can be inferred from the OP, so what's your biz on my question if you have nothing to hide?

It pains really when the knife you used in cutting others is brought close to you!
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Dtruthspeaker: 5:52am On Nov 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

This can be inferred from the OP, so what's your biz on my question if you have nothing to hide?

It pains really when the knife you used in cutting others is brought close to you!

I got nothing to hide, but I think it is you who is hiding your sword meant to assail The Lord and His follwers in portraying your question as reasonable and a bonafide one, when it is Truly Asked in Malice, or Do You Deny that this is Not True?

If you say this is Not True and that is asked bonafide and in good conscience, then I shall proceed to Answer you!

So is it Truly Bonafide?
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by AntiChristian: 6:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I got nothing to hide, but I think it is you who is hiding your sword meant to assail The Lord and His follwers in portraying your question as reasonable and a bonafide one, when it is Truly Asked in Malice, or Do You Deny that this is Not True?

If you say this is Not True and that is asked bonafide and in good conscience, then I shall proceed to Answer you!

So is it Truly Bonafide?

So the holy spirit revealed to you my mind? Or you just became a mind reader? It is what you do to others that will be done to you.

You think I'm a liar like you who posts lies against Islam to score cheap points for Christianity wet no dey Bible?
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Nov 28, 2020
HazardAwka:

The gospel writers who penned down this events did so much later not instantly or after few weeks, in fact all of them got the boldness to pen down those events after they've become Born Again (baptized by the spirit). So there is no language Jesus could utter that they won't grasp it's meaning as Born Again Christians, that's why they're able to interpret it for their fellow brothers and sisters in the Christian congregation. Note that what you're quoting was banned by the Jews in the first century so it was only read and acknowledged as part of God's word amongst the Christians!
So only the Christians back then were told what Jesus' statement meant, even his followers who stood there that very day can't understand it not until they were baptized at Pentecost, then they were able to speak in all languages and most especially the heavenly language!

God bless you! smiley
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Dtruthspeaker: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

So the holy spirit revealed to you my mind? Or you just became a mind reader? It is what you do to others that will be done to you.

grin You Did Not know that The Lord taught us how to Find The Truth Always!

And I even gave you an opportunity to lie and change your heart but you rather chose to confirm it, thinking you can deceive me that I would not know That Your Post and Query was Indeed Malicious grin

All the same, you have Revealed Yourself and the Great Anger and Envy For Christians you carry Within you and I can discern that Indeed you Are A Terrorist True and True!

And I did not know that you were Muslim until now, for I Truly thought that you were what people would call Christians, but you are Anti-Christian because of the bad conduct of Christians.

But now, I understand that Antichristian means Muslim to you (Not what people call Atheist or Juju worshipers or any other interpretation. Noted

AntiChristian:

You think I'm a liar like you who posts lies against Islam to score cheap points for Christianity wet no dey Bible?

Go and Bring the Evidence Where i, the Dtruthspeaker, has ever made a "post of Lies Against Islam" and bring it here!

1 Like

Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by MuttleyLaff: 7:50am On Nov 28, 2020
HazardAwka:

gideonjeta:
What you quoted is Mathew 27:46. The Language used in that verse or those words is contemporary Hebrew (that is, Hebrew language) with a little bit of Aramaic. The reason for the confusion by the crowd is simply because some are interpreting what he said in Hebrew and not taking the full concept (that is, a combination of Hebrew and Aramaic Language).
The Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 translations are unfaithful to the original text.

Translating has never being God inspired, as all scripture is. Translating requires more than ordinarily exchanging words for each other, but requires understanding the author's mind and/or needs understanding the import of the speaker's message enough to correctly capture the real intent, real essence of what originally, the author wrote or speaker said.

MaxInDHouse:
The gospel writers who penned down this events did so much later not instantly or after few weeks, in fact all of them got the boldness to pen down those events after they've become Born Again (baptized by the spirit). So there is no language Jesus could utter that they won't grasp it's meaning as Born Again Christians, that's why they're able to interpret it for their fellow brothers and sisters in the Christian congregation. Note that what you're quoting was banned by the Jews in the first century so it was only read and acknowledged as part of God's word amongst the Christians!
So only the Christians back then were told what Jesus' statement meant, even his followers who stood there that very day can't understand it not until they were baptized at Pentecost, then they were able to speak in all languages and most especially the heavenly language!

God bless you! smiley
HazardAwka, let's the fact straight from the onset. The thing is "Eli Eli lama sabachthani" was spoken Aramaic and it were some of bystanders and not His disciples, who were the ones who didnt understand the language Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ spoke.

Another thing HazardAwka, watch this. What do people usually do or say just before they die? What are their last words while lying on their dying bed or hanging on a cross, like at a place, called Calvary (i.e. Golgotha or place of a skull), hmm? Most people' last words are very profound and enunciated and Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ's last words, are no exception to this. As it happens, Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, as a dying man, hung on the cross, uttered seven complete famous dying last words, which fyi, are, as follows:

1) Luke 23:34 - Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
2) Luke 23:43 - Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
3) John 19:26-27 - Woman, behold your son. Son Behold your mother.
4) Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 - My God, My God, ... (that missing bit there, with the three dots, I've blanked out, to reveal more on it, later on)
5) John 19:28 - I thirst.
6) John 19:30 - It is finished (or "It is accomplished'')
7) Luke 23:46 - Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.

The first of the last four words, (i.e. famous words #4) were said, to the hearing and/or for the benefit of Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ' disciples, which is why it was spoken in Aramaic (e.g. "Eli, Eli, lama, sabachthani'') It wasnt spoken in any sort of unknown language, so for no one to understand what Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ meant, but, it, for crying out loud, was spoken in Aramaic, lmso, as Aramaic, is the language the disciples speak in.

Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, for the benefit of His disciples' hearing it, said aloud in Aramaic, the purpose of His mission/assignment
(i.e. He came out with the reason, all those things were happening, the reason why He was created or the reason why He came to exist). He then, after declaring that the purpose is finished or accomplished, (i.e. the process for salvation), excused Himself with the "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" last words, after that breathed His last breath, with a last breathing out and then died.

Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ chose His word very carefully and didnt speak impetuously when He used "Eli, Eli, lama, sabachthani"
Interestingly enough, Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, actually was with His #fourth words, paraphrasing, the beginning of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1a), just like as with His # sixth words, and before dying, He paraphrased the end of Psalm 22 (i.e Psalm 22:31b)
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by MuttleyLaff: 7:50am On Nov 28, 2020
AntiChristian:
Of course not. We have the translators to thank for misinterpret the original word for forsake

AntiChristian:
Well my dear beloved Muslim brother friend, if you must know, Matthew says "Eli" here which means "My God" because he wrote in Hebrew, while Mark says "Eloi" there, which also means "My God" but thats when written in Aramaic. Capisce?

AntiChristian:
Very possible. It isnt anything impossible for God to be God of Himself

AntiChristian:
That is the whole essence of what His last words on the cross revealed. God came to die for all mankind. Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ, is God incarnate. Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 are testaments to the fact that Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ was born to die for every human being.

Dtruthspeaker:
فَإِن كُنتَ فِي شَكٍّ مِّمَّا أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ فَاسْأَلِ الَّذِينَ يَقْرَءُونَ الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكَ لَقَدْ جَاءَكَ الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّكَ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ
- Surah Yunus, [10:94]

Allow him because we are here to provide illumination to our dear beloved Muslim brother friend.

Quran in Surah 10:94 seen above, has the good sense to tell Muslims, like particularly, our dear beloved Muslim brother friend, very good self AntiChristian, that, if in doubt, if in need of illumination, or if need light shed on a subject, to go ask "those who read the book before you," that is meaning, go to believers, such as, they in the faith, who have gathered on this thread, lmso.
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by MuttleyLaff: 7:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
grin You Did Not know that The Lord taught us how to Find The Truth Always!

And I even gave you an opportunity to lie and change your heart but you rather chose to confirm it, thinking you can deceive me that I would not know That Your Post and Query was Indeed Malicious grin

All the same, you have Revealed Yourself and the Great Anger and Envy For Christians you carry Within you and I can discern that Indeed you Are A Terrorist True and True!

And I did not know that you were Muslim until now, for I Truly thought that you were what people would call Christians, but you are Anti-Christian because of the bad conduct of Christians.

But now, I understand that Antichristian means Muslim to you (Not what people call Atheist or Juju worshipers or any other interpretation. Noted

Go and Bring the Evidence Where i, the Dtruthspeaker, has ever made a "post of Lies Against Islam" and bring it here!
"We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,
'AntiChristian AntiChristian Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?
It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'
"
- Acts 26:14

He is one of my fav dear beloved Muslim brother friends, who cant resist not kicking against the goads, lmso.
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2020
AntiChristian:
I thought we were being serious here.
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by AntiChristian: 5:47am On Nov 29, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

I thought we were being serious here.

So this is not serious because you can't answer it?
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 29, 2020
Hmm
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by tobechi74: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2020
Did Jesus understand himself
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by AntiChristian: 8:06am On Nov 29, 2020
Jesus did it on purpose. He doesn't want those around to understand.

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by orisa37: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2020
My questions are why did no one understood the language he spoke and where did the language came from?

The ENGLISH understood it to mean "my God, my God, why have you forsaken me.

The Language is ARAMAIC
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by orisa37: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2020
My questions are why did no one understood the language he spoke and where did the language came from?

The Language is ARAMAIC.

Jesus was applying for more Holy Spirit Power to defeat the Devil.
Re: Why Did No One Understood What Jesus Meant by orisa37: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2020

The Language is ARAMAIC.

Jesus was applying for more Holy Spirit Power to defeat the Devil.

Moses should have said this before smashing the ROCK.

JOB should also.

(1) (Reply)

How Can It Be Easy For A Christian In Nigeria To Enter Heaven? / FINALLY EXPOSED!!!!!!!! The True Reason Why God Created Christianity / Why Are Some Pastors Wicked - The Other Side Of Apostle David Wale Feso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.