Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States (6861 Views)

Jonathan Leads Buhari In Taraba / Buhari Wins Kogi With 60% Votes - Punch / Jonathan Leads In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by emekagh(m): 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
fried-rice:

As deputy Governor for 8 year, what other experience do you need as Governor? perharp another 7 years as governor before he knows the ropes to act as one.
check the stats, 8years as Deputy, 1.5years as governor, 4years as Vice President and yet not a single achievement as President for over 13months. I guess the whole nation should sit still and wait for him for another couple of years to learn what it takes, so you feel such a person with an obvious learning disability should be the president?

When I began this journey seeking your votes I committed myself to promising less and delivering more. I promised to reduce pressure on roads by expanding on aviation and rail infrastructure and to this end I commissioned 25 new rail coaches following which my entourage and I journeyed by rail from Lagos to Abeokuta. When I promise I will deliver. GEJ

Big things start from small beginnings. This is just one of them!
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
emeka_gh:

Obviously unlike me, you choose to see nothing good in the man GEJ. That is you. Recent poll shows that many Nigerians are with him. That is what matters in elections. If you think the polls are wrong, well of course, that is up to you.
You really think attacking my person makes the facts we have on the man disappear? Come on . . . and here I thought you at least willing to use your head here a bit. ROFLMAO!!

What polls are you referring to? Again, I am against the status quo so I don't think I should be concerned much with the polls. If the majority remain the way they were back 2007, I don't see how that should impact the truth and facts we have in anyway.  I am more concerned about making sure you at least know the truth so when you go to vote or tell others to, you know the truth rather than continue blindly

emeka_gh:

Like I said earlier, ethnicism, aside. In my heart of hearts, I strongly believe that GEJ is a better man that the other top contenders.
I am sorry but that is bull and you know it. When it comes to the heart, we still tend to play safe--- all indications point to this being a mistake if it happens. All substantial evidence we have of who this man is screams "mistake" and you come in to tell us that possibly the first time your vote might actually count for something, you base your vote on your FEELINGS??
We are talking of the lives of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HERE! I wonder if you also FEEL this way when you have the choice of having unprotected sex (with someone you picked off the street)or not. lol

emeka_gh:

That is why I am rooting for him. He is not perfect; he is humane (of course in my own opinion).  Because of Jonathan, I am willing to give PDP another chance.GEJ is the best man for the job. Nigeria will be better with him at the helms of affairs.
No leader on this planet NEEDS TO BE PERFECT -- Fashola, Amaechi, Sullivan Chime are not perfect leaders but they are DEFINITELY LEADERS -- Something Jonathan continues to show he is not. He is in Aso Rock, 10 months in, and you are still needing to make excuses for him. What sort of leader needs to be made excuses for?
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by emekagh(m): 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You really think attacking my person makes the facts we have on the man disappear? Come on . . . and here I thought you at least willing to use your head here a bit. ROFLMAO!!

What polls are you referring to? Again, I am against the status quo so I don't think I should be concerned much with the polls. If the majority remain the way they were back 2007, I don't see how that should impact the truth and facts we have in anyway.  I am more concerned about making sure you at least know the truth so when you go to vote or tell others to, you know the truth rather than continue blindly

I am sorry but that is bull and you know it. When it comes to the heart, we still tend to play safe--- all indications point to this being a mistake if it happens. All substantial evidence we have of who this man is screams "mistake" and you come in to tell us that possibly the first time your vote might actually count for something, you base your vote on your FEELINGS??
We are talking of the lives of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HERE! I wonder if you also FEEL this way when you have the choice of having unprotected sex (with someone you picked off the street)or not. lol

No leader on this planet NEEDS TO BE PERFECT -- Fashola, Amaechi, Sullivan Chime are not perfect leaders but they are DEFINITELY LEADERS -- Something Jonathan continues to show he is not. He is in Aso Rock, 10 months in, and you are still needing to make excuses for him. What sort of leader needs to be made excuses for?

Attack your person? In which way?
GEJ records in office speaks volume for itself. He doesn't have to send a Nigerian to Mars to claim achievement.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Mar 22, 2011
emeka_gh:

Attack your person? In which way?

Well your statement that I choose not to see anything good in him is an attack since you are not in my mind and have no mind reading abilities. I don't need to engage baseless nonsense like that when all I can easily do is check his records to know all I need to know of him and his capability and his record continues to scream "LIKELY MISTAKE". If he needs me to see past his own records to vote for him, then it is sure confirmation that he is not the leader we need.

emeka_gh:

GEJ records in office speaks volume for itself. He doesn't have to send a Nigerian to Mars to claim achievement. 

a) Did Rotimi Amaechi Send someone to the moon or mars before Nigerians decided him a good leader?

b) Did Sullivan Chime Send someone to the moon or mars before Nigerians decided him a good leader?

c) Did Fashola Send someone to the moon or mars before Nigerians decided him a good leader?

So what in the world are you trying to say? If these men did not need to do all too elaborate work to get people noticing their potential, why is it still hard for you to know that Jonathan is not what we need more of? He has been tried and tested over and over -- and he failed each and every time already.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by emekagh(m): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well your statement that I choose not to see anything good in him is an attack since you are not in my mind and have no mind reading abilities. I don't need to engage baseless nonsense like that when all I can easily do is check his records to know all I need to know of him and his capability and his record continues to scream "LIKELY MISTAKE". If he needs me to see past his own records to vote for him, then it is sure confirmation that he is not the leader we need.

a) Did Rotimi Amaechi Send someone to the moon or mars before Nigerians decided him a good leader?

b) Did Sullivan Chime Send someone to the moon or mars before Nigerians decided him a good leader?

c) Did Fashola Send someone to the moon or mars before Nigerians decided him a good leader?

So what in the world are you trying to say? If these men did not need to do all too elaborate work to get people noticing their potential, why is it still hard for you to know that Jonathan is not what we need more of? He has been tried and tested over and over -- and he failed each and every time already.

My statement is what it is - a statement. Never intended as an attack.
Goodluck is saddled with the responsibility of managing the nation. Based on my assessment of his performance. He has impressed me a lot; far more that the lots you touted above. GEJ is not just a good leader. He is a very good administrator. That is what the record of his achievement says.
He is tested and trusted, and has succeeded in many things. Nigerians have decided in the polls the he is a good leader. The April election will confirm it by God's divine grace.

He is the man Nigeria need for the next four years. End of Discussion.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Mar 22, 2011
emeka_gh:

He is tested and trusted, and has succeeded in many things.

Like? This all started when people made these sort of claims of him. What test did he pass? What successes? we have just gone through this with me presenting the fact that this man has failed at most everything he has tried, yet you want to LIE that he has been tested and trusted? You choose to LIE that he has succeeded in many things when there is no record of any of these many things out there?
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by friedrice1: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2011
emeka_gh:

My statement is what it is - a statement. Never intended as an attack.
Goodluck is saddled with the responsibility of managing the nation. Based on my assessment of his performance. He has impressed me a lot; far more that the lots you touted above. GEJ is not just a good leader. He is a very good administrator. That is what the record of his achievement says.
He is tested and trusted, and has succeeded in many things.
Nigerians have decided in the polls the he is a good leader. The April election will confirm it by God's divine grace.

you couldn't list a single achievement. i need to hear some of them.
i think performace in Nigeria these days need to be questioned, the same reason JAMB keeps reducing cut off marks.
the last i heard was 070 / 400 considered as pass mark for entry into universities shocked shocked
Recently the senate confirmed a nominee who couldnt recite the National Anthem and Pledge, also couldn't
tell the capital of Jigawa or the colours of the national flag an Ambassador. saying she performed well. If you derived your assessment of GEJ based on this,
then i may agree with you.

He is the man Nigeria need for the next four years
. End of Discussion.

Please don't place such a curse on Nigeria, we have suffered enough.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by sbeezy8: 6:43am On Mar 22, 2011
GEJ is going to win even my parents are rooting for him at the presidential level BUT ARE ACN SUPPORTERS FOR ALL SW.

GEJ is only lucky because the other performing govenors in the south are not contesting if they were it would be GEJ WHO?

Kobojunkie:

MIMIKO(OF LP) IS DOING A GREAT JOB IN ONDO STATE
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by ekubear1: 7:56am On Mar 22, 2011
I'm happy that the ACN is making inroads in the middle belt.

That is an excellent development.

If GEJ wins, probably not the end of the world. And if he does very poorly, he can be booted out in 2015.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by BabaEleko(m): 9:09am On Mar 22, 2011
I'd av be more interested if d so called poll was organised by coalition of mentally derailed people of pdp, not this aso rock doctored result. Oshi oda.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Wadeoye(m): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2011
Any poll that says Jonathan wins Lagos is fibricated - how will that happen? Rigging or what?
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 22, 2011
Na how many people dey read THISDAY sef, asif it were to be punch or guardian that conducted the poll,
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Dreamchaser1(f): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2011
This poll just made my day on Nairaland! But I think 60.4% is too low! Was expecting GEJs lead to be in the range of 70-80%. We need to work more on our campaign strategy. I need me a LANDSLIDE. To shut up the doubters and mumus.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by emekagh(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2011
Dream chaser:

This poll just made my day on Nairaland! But I think 60.4% is too low! Was expecting GEJs lead to be in the range of 70-80%. We need to work more on our campaign strategy. I need me a LANDSLIDE. To shut up the doubters and mumus.

This dream will surely come true. Nigeria will not be handed over to a disguised desperate dictator. GEJ is the present and future of this country. He has my nod for the next four years.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Abayomin70(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2011
nice one
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by iluvnaija: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
Buhari leads with 60% says NTA
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Pharoh: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
This is it. cool
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by iluvnaija: 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
JONATHAN LEADS WITH 60%

Unbrera RIGGING strategy! But this time e no go work because after this Elections blood go flow like water. PDP make una ready for WAR!!!
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by lekyar(m): 2:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
Wadeoye:

Any poll that says Jonathan wins Lagos is fibricated - how will that happen? Rigging or what?

Without doubt GEJ will sweep Lagos clean. An opinion to the contrary means that person does not live in Lagos and not in tune with the political inclination of Lagosians. Ofcourse fashola is a no contest. Clear your eyes.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by EzeUche2(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
Very good news!

GEJ FEVER! cool cool cool
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2011
"It will take total blindness to vote for the PDP in 2011.

Only 4 sets of people can vote for the PDP:

(1) those who are intellectually blind.
(2) those who are blinded by ethnicity
(3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands; and finally
(4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses" ,

I hate to say it but I feel I need to @emeka_gh. I don't know who made the above statement but the person tagged you for sure. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by lekyar(m): 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I hate to say it but I feel I need to @emeka_gh. I don't know who made the above statement but the person tagged you for sure. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Madam Kobo, I admire your tenacity but what alternatives are you proposing, This is a case of voting the best of a lot of bad options, I can never vote for Buhari or Ribadu for a lot of reasons which do not border on your list above. So cool it down a notch . nuff said.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
lekyar:

Madam Kobo, I admire your tenacity but what alternatives are you proposing, This is a case of voting the best of a lot of bad options, I can never vote for Buhari or Ribadu for a lot of reasons which do not border on your list above. So cool it down a notch . nuff said.

There is NO WAY continuing with ESTABLISHED Failure ( Failure for the last 12 years STRAIGHT-NO PAUSE) is any better than the alternatives we have, even today. We all sat back and watched the Nation come to a complete halt under the Yar adua/Jonathan ticket. He has been given time to redeem himself and instead of hitting the ground running, since unlike everyone else out there he again has experience that ought to work as an advantage for him, he has shown he does not have anything to offer. By next month we will celebrate one year(for those who need him to get one year before we rank him) and no signs that anything substantial has been accomplished to date. What we keep getting,even a year into his administration are promises and not much else.

Yes, I agree we do not have the best pickings this time around BUT it is NO EXCUSE to choose to CONTINUE THE FAILURE of the last 12 years, NONE WHATSOEVER!
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by akindots: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
propaganda
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by otukpo(f): 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
Its is not on the internet that thw winner will be determined.

It is after the voting that the winner would be known.

All these internet campaign and smearing will not do much.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by lekyar(m): 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There is NO WAY continuing with ESTABLISHED Failure ( Failure for the last 12 years STRAIGHT-NO PAUSE) is any better than the alternatives we have, even today. We all sat back and watched the Nation come to a complete halt under the Yar adua/Jonathan ticket. He has been given time to redeem himself and instead of hitting the ground running, since unlike everyone else out there he again has experience that ought to work as an advantage for him, he has shown he does not have anything to offer. By next month we will celebrate one year(for those who need him to get one year before we rank him) and no signs that anything substantial has been accomplished to date. What we keep getting,even a year into his administration are promises and not much else.

Yes, I agree we do not have the best pickings this time around BUT it is NO EXCUSE to choose to CONTINUE THE FAILURE of the last 12 years, NONE WHATSOEVER!

I think that's a very dim view(no insult intended) but you dont expect GEJ to completely transform the nation in such a small space of time. Power's improving thats for sure and I will count him an overachiever if we have free and credible elections as promised, keeping my finger's crossed on that but read somewhere that inec was in the process of prosecuting double registrants . Lets not throw away the baby with the bath water. Lets give the guy some time to actualize his programs.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
lekyar:

I think that's a very dim view(no insult intended) but you dont expect GEJ to completely transform the nation in such a small space of time. Power's improving thats for sure and I will count him an overachiever if we have free and credible elections as promised, keeping my finger's crossed on that but read somewhere that inec was in the process of prosecuting double registrants . Lets not throw away the baby with the bath water. Lets give the guy some time to actualize his programs.

lol . . . . .

a) What line of my post do you have me stating I expect him to transform the whole nation in a small space of time. Please do not drag your delusions unto me in this yet.

i) Go to check Fashola's Record and see what he was able to complete in just 100 days of office

ii) Go to check Rotimi Amaechi's Record and see what he was able to complete in just 100 days of office

iii) Go to check Sullivan Chime's Record and see what he was able to complete in just 100 days of office

--- These men did not need to transform and solve all their states problems in that short period. They only need to show, and did show in just 100 days that they were able to keep even the simplest of their promises. In the first 6 months, the changes made by 3 of these men were more than visible to all in that state, and eventually the whole country. Jonathan served as a Governor for 18 months at least, he never achieved anything worth mentioning in his own state in that time. Now as President, you feel he needs more than a year to have something to show??

b) I am sorry what power improved by the way? Obasanjo left us with plants to help generate 3800MW of electricity and all the Yar adua/Jonathan ticket needed to do was let the gas flow. We eventually got the gas flowing 2009/2010, and you want to pretend that Jonathan did it? come on now!!

c) Sure we have been promised credible election but I still way we wait to judge rather than jump ahead of ourselves here. We don't have it yet -- we hope we do so we can change things this time around.

d) there is no baby -- just dirty bad water and nothing else. It is time to stop cutting at our own future so some politicians can have themselves some more time to chop
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by kindablity(m): 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2011
raise ur hands if u were interviewed or answered THISDAY's opinion poll, waitin,
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by lekyar(m): 3:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

lol . . . . .

a) What line of my post do you have me stating I expect him to transform the whole nation in a small space of time

i) Go to check Fashola's Record and see what he was able to complete in just 100 days of office

ii) Go to check Rotimi Amaechi's Record and see what he was able to complete in just 100 days of office

iii) Go to check Sullivan Chime's Record and see what he was able to complete in just 100 days of office

--- These men did not need to transform and solve all their states problems in that short period. They only need to show, and did show in just 100 days that they were able to keep even the simplest of their promises

b) I am sorry what power improved by the way? Obasanjo left us with plants to help generate 3800MW of electricity and all the Yar adua/Jonathan ticket needed to do was let the gas flow. We eventually got the gas flowing 2009/2010, and you want to pretend that Jonathan did it? come on now!!

c) Sure we have been promised credible election but I still way we wait to judge rather than jump ahead of ourselves here. We don't have it yet -- we hope we do so we can change things this time around.

d) there is no baby -- just dirty bad water and nothing else. It is time to stop cutting at our own future so some politicians can have themselves some more time to chop

So who do you propose that fits the bill, mark you the voting pattern will be clearly irregular and unpredictable. For me it's GEJ at the center and fashola on the ropes. Let me have your take.
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by ziccoit: 3:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
People are yet to be fred, so they would always pay leap sevice to their leader in the names of being seen as friend of rulling class and not risking an 'arrest'. The pool is a big miscalculation. We shall meet to recalculate after April 9 grin
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Kobojunkie is suffering from kwashiokor of the mouth.

She is becoming desperate as each day goes by signifying the end of their lies to see us have GEJ( the divine moving train) as the president come May29
Re: Jonathan Leads With 60%,pdp May Lose 4 States by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Mar 22, 2011
lekyar:

So who do you propose that fits the bill, mark you the voting pattern will be clearly irregular and unpredictable. For me it's GEJ at the center and fashola on the ropes. Let me have your take.

Again  . . . .
Kobojunkie:

I am not telling you who to vote for but simply explaining how it is at this point illogical for you to cast your vote for someone with no established record, after 12 years in High office, and now being the only one candidate on the list with a recent record in office  that long too that we can closely look at to see what most likely will come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges / Senator Obadara Calls For Diezani Allison-madueke's Resignation / Rasman Maxwell Udoh Laid To Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.