Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead (17082 Views)

Steve Pieczenik: Absolutely Convinced That Gaddafi Is Alive. / Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / Do You Beleive That Gaddafi Is Killing His Own People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by mrofficial(m): 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2011
Lies.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by lakode(m): 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2011
Concept:

I do not support a man killing his own people but my instinct tells me that there are more to this than meet the eyes. The western world meddling into the affairs of Libya is suspicious. In  Burundi, Somalia and Democratic Republic of Congo there was massacre, they never thought of bombardment. Ask me why? Nothing of interest in those places and also the Government in these war torn countries have not for once had issue with the so called world powers and have their way like Gaddafi. Gaddafi is being targeted because of two things; Oil and Personal grief (Lockebrie Plane bombing) fresh in the memory of Americans and British. If truly those people are called rebels, then they are against the state, they need to fight it out but the way I see it, tribal sentiments have set in and the military involvement of UN would not have been so quick and sporadic. They need to observe first and let the world see that Gaddafi has really over-stepped his boundary before they start shelling him. Please Can anyone tell me what is to be achieved by shelling his compound? They want him dead. THE MEDIATORS IN ACTION who disarm one for other to claim more ground. Two wrongs can never make a right but Western world will always be right.
Like my Igbo friends will say GBAM , you hit the nail right on the head
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 12:17am On Mar 22, 2011
Are you guys serious?

Is this psychopath ready to lose everything just to remain the leader of Libya after 42 years in office? shocked shocked

He has no dignity whatsoever, you'd think after losing his money, assets, his son (supposedly) and his international respect he'll step down but the reverse is the case. . .

He's a dead man walking.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by beeke(m): 12:29am On Mar 22, 2011
Concept:

I do not support a man killing his own people but my instinct tells me that there are more to this than meet the eyes. The western world meddling into the affairs of Libya is suspicious. In  Burundi, Somalia and Democratic Republic of Congo there was massacre, they never thought of bombardment. Ask me why? Nothing of interest in those places and also the Government in these war torn countries have not for once had issue with the so called world powers and have their way like Gaddafi. Gaddafi is being targeted because of two things; Oil and Personal grief (Lockebrie Plane bombing) fresh in the memory of Americans and British. If truly those people are called rebels, then they are against the state, they need to fight it out but the way I see it, tribal sentiments have set in and the military involvement of UN would not have been so quick and sporadic. They need to observe first and let the world see that Gaddafi has really over-stepped his boundary before they start shelling him. Please Can anyone tell me what is to be achieved by shelling his compound? They want him dead. THE MEDIATORS IN ACTION who disarm one for other to claim more ground. Two wrongs can never make a right but Western world will always be right.
So the whole world must wait until Gaddafi kill 30percent of Libyans before they intervene is that your argument. and you see noting wrong in one man ruling a country of 6million people for 4decades and also you see no fault in a man who came out publicly to announce that he is ready to fight to d last man last woman last child and last bullet after your father had ruled for 4decades. lastly you see no evil in a man who told his supporters "if you love Gaddafi go out in the street and fight for Gaddafi. for me such man have lost every morale right to rule his family not to talk of a country. AND TO THOSE WHO BASE THEIR ARGUMENT ON THE SO CALLED NOT ALL LIBYANS WANT GADDAFI  TO LEAVE, MAY I REMIND YOU THAT EVEN IN EGYPT ONLY FOUR CITIES WERE IN THE FOREFRONT OF THE REVOLUTION: NAMELY CAIRO, ALEXANDRIA, MANSOURA AND SUEZ and these are not the only cities in Egypt
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by beeke(m): 12:45am On Mar 22, 2011
mama-gee:

Are you guys serious?

Is this psychopath ready to lose everything just to remain the leader of Libya after 42 years in office? shocked shocked

He has no dignity whatsoever, you'd think after losing his money, assets, his son (supposedly) and his international respect he'll step down but the reverse is the case. . .

He's a dead man walking.

Mummy are you the one in your profile pix?
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On Mar 22, 2011
beeke:

Mummy are you the one in your profile pix?
No!

It's you! tongue
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 22, 2011
@Ayoobscom,and what verse would you have quoted when Gaddaffi was killing his own people,vowing no mercy,and still killing even after several warning.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Concept(m): 5:52am On Mar 22, 2011
@ Beeke The rebels; that is what they are called even westerners have not got another vocabulary for it. Libya is divided. Imagining a Yoruba man to be in power and there is an uproar from Ibos and Hausas which resulted in taking up arms. This is called Civil War. He still has some people with him, probably his kinsmen.

Gaddafi's stay in presidential palace is long overdue: Agreed. My argument is that the involvement of world powers is prejudicial. Mind you Libya became a safe haven for Nigerians at a time however with bit of hostilities. If some of the stolen wealth from the citizenry are shared as Gaddafi in this our country; Nigeria, many of us in diaspora do not have any business there.

Two friends were fighting, you came and held the second friend's hand allowing the other to be slapping him repeatedly, your action has shown us where you pitched your tent.

Everybody wants Gaddafi to go, I inclusive but do we need Ghana and Cameroun assistance to eject Mr. Goodluck in the face of uproar. Internal crisis should be left with its identity. Case study: Oddi was overran by OBJ forces. Would it be a place where he has flesh and blood? He will not do that. It happened in Libya and Gaddafi suddenly became a target.

Gaddafi must go. The west will make their money by selling ammunitions to the rebels in exchange for Oil. They will always take the leading role to useless our useless leaders. I dislike Gaddafi, I dislike the western intervention. I see every action loaded with selfish interest however leave them let them settle on their own, this is a civil war.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Concept(m): 6:12am On Mar 22, 2011
@ Beeke
that he is ready to fight to d last man last woman last child and last bullet after your father had ruled for 4decades

I like to see others opinion as something we can analyse and make meaningful contributions which should not degenerate to insult. Do you know that in a debate both parties gain? If you are smart enough you take down the opponent's points that are brilliant albeit that do not make them the actual fact. Opinion is a probability.

Please pass your messages with exception of insult. Thank you.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Concept(m): 6:32am On Mar 22, 2011
@ Lakode.

The Westerners!! Our people are yet to discover that they are the problem of the world. Cameron went to Egypt with arms making companies executives immediately Mubarak was ousted. I will not blame them, we blame the numskull leaders of ours that do not know left from right but have become expert in diverting people's treasury for their personal use.

By having visionary leaders, such baseless intervention will not happen. This is a moment opportunity presents itself to strike a long time enemy. I do not have any excitement for Gaddafi's characteristics either.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Fimmy(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2011
It amaze me the level of ignorance in this nation we call Nigeria.some people keeps shouting Gadaffi kills innocents in Libya,fyi no REBEL is innocent in any constitution.those he attacked re rebels fighting against his government.again some said he has been rulin for 43years,yeah sure he has been ruling for 43years,can anyone compare the level of development in libya to nigeria.no we re very far behind them.just in case u dont know electricity was brought to nigeria the same year it was brought to France,but where nigeria dey now?
Why cant the AU take action instead of the thieves,i'm seeing IRAQ all over again.( is Iraq safe n free now?)
soon they will attack Nigeria,they might say Osama is hiding in Abuja or even Lagos.what will you do then
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Concept(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2011
Our top general shot down by No.10: War of words erupts as Army chief says we have no legal right to kill Gaddafi

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368633/Libya-War-words-erupts-Army-chief-says-legal-right-kill-Gaddafi.html#ixzz1HJmmgjBJ

So, what do we call this? Humanitarian services. Does anyone has right to kill? If they kill it is legal and if any other person does it is illegal. Shikenna.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 22, 2011
Some claimed its not about oil but humanitarian necessity, but the no fly zone has now been interpreted and expanded to include assasination inspite of claims by the invaders that they've been able to stop Gadaffi troops from attacking rebels in benghazi, thereby empowering these so called civilians "rebels" to overthrow the govt. It means the so called no fly zone is just a front to murder Gadaffi and impose a puppet regime in libya by these western hypocrites and their allies!
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Bastage: 11:29am On Mar 22, 2011
It would be great if they were to assassinate Gadaffi, but contrary to your claim, that's not what is on the table.

They have not said that Gadaffi is a target either way. That is only sensible as it keeps the enemy on the run. Have you never heard of psychological warfare. What they keep saying is that it is up to the Libyan people to remove him.

Big difference.

How are they going to impose a puppet regime? According to Gadaffi, the rebels are Al Qaeda. Do you think that the West would support an Al Qaeda government?
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Horus(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2011
[size=14pt]Libyan bombing 'unconstitutional', Republicans warn Obama[/size]

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/22/libyan-conflict-unconstitutional-obama-warned
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Bastage, if Gadaffi is not the target may be we should ask Saddam hussein if he was the target in the iraqi war? US is still searching for WMDs in iraq till date abi?
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2011
is ghadafi's house a military target?
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
were dead and living Libyans Gaddaffi's target?
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by mzdiverse(f): 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
Yes i definately want to see gadaffis reaction to the death of his son, beides dat if ur trying to kill d leader n u cant get tru den u kill his agent. Gadaffi could have avoided dis predicament if he had step down as required by his people and stop trying to make it his generational post
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Solozzo(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
Gaddaffi is a mad dictator the world can do without. He was setting precedence to stall democratic reforms across Africa and the Arab world. The west need to show people that democracy can be defended. Without this intervention the labors of the Libyan people would be in vain.

He offered no options to the people7"rebels" except death and so he gets none. His braggardness has come full circle.

He could not even develop an army to wage war against the west he loathed so much. Some NL posters blame the west, that is fine for a different view point. But remember no western leader will treat their people the way gaddaffi has done and be safe. Even if gaddaffi survives this he faces judgement at the hands of Allah who is the Merciful One.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2011
Me as a muslim sef i dnt in anyway blame the west onthis issue at all.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by badesco(m): 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
He has not seen anything yet. He should expect the worst soon.
stupid greedy man. After 43 years in power, what else did he want
again. well death i suppose. He would get it mow.
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by beeke(m): 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
Concept:

@ Beeke
that he is ready to fight to d last man last woman last child and last bullet after your father had ruled for 4decades

I like to see others opinion as something we can analyse and make meaningful contributions which should not degenerate to insult. Do you know that in a debate both parties gain? If you are smart enough you take down the opponent's points that are brilliant albeit that do not make them the actual fact. Opinion is a probability.

Sorry if you misunderstood that line, am only quoting Gaddafi's son comment on Libya TV. that aside, believe wen i say you made a whole lot of sense in your previous post.

mama-gee:

No!

It's you! tongue

Mummy i just want to know cos you look cool, especially your composure if you know wot i mean. and just to let you know that the pix fit the description of the girl of my dreams, am serious
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 12:50am On Mar 24, 2011
^^Continue dreaming. . . tongue

"Girl of my dreams" my foot!
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by beeke(m): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2011
mama-gee:

^^Continue dreaming. . . tongue

"Girl of my dreams" my foot!

YOU NEVER CAN TELL WHEN A MAN IS SERIOUS
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by faceTech(m): 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
undecided
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by favouredjb(f): 1:06am On Mar 25, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

@topic: SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na2day! I TRULY commend you and respect what you
have said above. That is SOOOOOOOOO true. I say it
ALL OF THE TIME!

*grabs her shovel and prepares to dig a trench and to
buy water and canned foods for the next WW.  undecided

landmines!! undecided grin
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by Concept(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2011
@ Beeke

Sorry if you misunderstood that line, am only quoting Gaddafi's son comment on Libya TV. that aside, believe wen i say you made a whole lot of sense in your previous post.[i][/i]

Great exhibition of sportmanship. Respect!!
Re: Breaking: Khamis Gaddafi Is Dead by ChristaD(f): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2011
A lot will celebrate if that's true. But as of now, what we all know is that deposed Libyan dictator Muammar Gadhafi is on the run from global and rebel forces. And as frequently takes place when one surpasses a hasty getaway, he has left a lot of things behind. A Gadhafi love den and gynecological equipment was found in a series of previously not opened rooms at Tripoli University, reports The Daily Beast. See it here: Secret Gadhafi love den discovered at Tripoli University. Among the romantic fixtures is gynecological equipment officials believe could have been used for unlawful abortions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palestinian Activist Ahed Tamimi Arrested For Allegedly ‘inciting Terrorism’ . / Iran, U.S. Close To Reviving Iranian Nuclear Deal ( Pix, Video) / Possible Terrorist Attack: US Warns Citizens In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.