Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! (6103 Views)

Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by xest(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
tayo60:
If you can part with almost #120,000 for d phone, so how much is #10,000 that you can't wave? Moreover, you still got d phone you ordered for.
These are the kind of replies i distaste with reckless abandon. How can you say this ? You are invariably giving deceit a chance, the Guy has to blow this out on social media and also on there twitter handle so that a lot people will know, and they too will take precautions Incase of next time.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
you don't get.

As it stands going by your screenshots and their response in the case, you only have 50% chance of winning cos jumia lawyers could claim anything in court.
You might even lose and jumia claim damages for trying to destroy their business.

Because 1, according to your post and jumia response, you didn't read all follow jumia requirements for the promo to the fullest.
That's why it's important to read promo Terms and conditions before doing it.

2, It's not an outright case of fraud case where you paid 120k for your item and jumia took your money and run.. according to jumia policy which you agreed to before buying your item.
You can get your money back in full if you are not satisfied with the service rendered within 15days.
Or you could cancel the order of it hasn't shipped.
Which means, they didn't defraud you, or took your money without avenue to pay back.

Even if against all odds you managed to win in court, the highest judgement you will get is that jumia should refund your 10k money. If you are lucky and your lawyer is out of this world good against the army of lawyers from jumia, the judge might ask jumia be the one to pay your legal fees and give you some change for your trouble.

You can only get more money from jumia, if you can manage to get more people experiencing the same problem to sue jumia in a class act case and get big settlement. Not an isolated case like yours.

You are the one not following. The item i ordered for was not on promo, neither was i shown any promo relating to a particular bank's card. Rather, i was encouraged to pay with "a mastercard" (no mention of any bank) and get a discount of 10k for using my mastercard.

Jumia showed me minus 10k from the original price immediately i entered my card details and also asked me to pay ₦117,359 as against ₦127,359. But immediately i clicked on pay, they reverted to the initial ₦127,359.

Again, Jumia never showed me any ongoing promo details when i clicked on the item i ordered for as clearly shown in my attachment
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Macrofrancis(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Canvass: 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
AFONAMARO:

Exactly my point. Why deceive people

That's how their own star do. My candid opinion is that you shouldn't bother wasting precious time, energy and money chasing your own money around. Cancel the deal, get a refund and simply quit doing business with them hence. Easier than most other options open to you.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by NinjaMetahuman: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
AFONAMARO:

You are the one not following. The item i ordered for was not on promo, neither was i shown any promo relating to a particular bank's card. Rather, i was encouraged to pay with "a mastercard" (no mention of any bank) and get a discount of 10k for using my mastercard.

Jumia showed me minus 10k from the original price immediately i entered my card details and also asked me to pay ₦117,359 as against ₦127,359. But immediately i clicked on pay, they reverted to the initial ₦127,359.

Again, Jumia never showed me any ongoing promo details when i clicked on the item i ordered for as clearly shown in my attachment
okay go and get lawyer and sue them.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by SamuelLoch: 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dear OP, as a user of Jumia with several orders I would tell you that you were not deceived.
Although, there are irregularities but that's not one of them.
If you can't let go of the N10k, you can cancel your order. Otherwise, just wait for your phone and enjoy!

Verve has been running promo for years now. At a time, I read that you can get a discount at any Conoil refil station on a Friday. It never worked for me, T&C definitely.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Babalegba(m): 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2020
The o.p was not deceived. Nigerians like crying foul when it's unnecessary but stay silent when they should be be making vociferous complaints. It has happened to me several times and I always cancel the order at the last stage because I didn't make the requirements for the discount. Jumia is the one retailer with international scope in Nigeria and knowing Nigerians they would soon be hounded out of the country and buhari will be blamed for it.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by mank1234(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
LORDEST:
You all still don't get it.

On your order page they tell you already have 10,000 discount before inserting your card details. After you've inserted your card details it's all get removed from your cart and product returns to initial cost sending you to insert token.

It's honestly so deceitful , Why should you tell me I have 10,000 when you haven't confirmed the card I'm going to use ?

So you all stop all the Stanbic Bank MasterCard hippie dippie bullshit and let call them for a fraudulent unmannered approach of doing business
Exactly. Very deceitful.
If they can't validate the bank of the card, then they should boldly state on the order page that offer is only valid for Stanbic card so that buyers be aware.
Jumia is rubbish.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by mank1234(m): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
you don't get.

As it stands going by your screenshots and their response in the case, you only have 50% chance of winning cos jumia lawyers could claim anything in court.
You might even lose and jumia claim damages for trying to destroy their business.

Because 1, according to your post and jumia response, you didn't read all follow jumia requirements for the promo to the fullest.
That's why it's important to read promo Terms and conditions before doing it.

2, It's not an outright case of fraud case where you paid 120k for your item and jumia took your money and run.. according to jumia policy which you agreed to before buying your item.
You can get your money back in full if you are not satisfied with the service rendered within 15days.
Or you could cancel the order of it hasn't shipped.
Which means, they didn't defraud you, or took your money without avenue to pay back.

Even if against all odds you managed to win in court, the highest judgement you will get is that jumia should refund your 10k money. If you are lucky and your lawyer is out of this world good against the army of lawyers from jumia, the judge might ask jumia be the one to pay your legal fees. But is it worth the trouble?

You can only get more money from jumia, if you can manage to get more people experiencing the same problem to sue jumia in a class act case and get big settlement. Not an isolated case like yours.

Going by that screenshot, there's no link to any terms and condition, so Jumia would be liable.

OP should contact consumer protection council. Log a complaint on CPC website.
That's what I did to get my refund for non-functional electronics sent to me. If not for lack of time, I was pressing for 10% interest refund after they delayed for more than a month.

If you have time and energy, don't give up. Fight for your right and for the sake of others.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by AFONAMARO: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
mank1234:

Going by that screenshot, there's no link to any terms and condition, so Jumia would be liable.

OP should contact consumer protection council. Log a complaint on CPC website.
That's what I did to get my refund for non-functional electronics sent to me. If not for lack of time, I was pressing for 10% interest refund after they delayed for more than a month.

If you have time and energy, don't give up. Fight for your right and for the sake of others.

I'll sure follow it up.

Thanks
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by Andeze(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
That i am trying to buy from them? i am off.
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by ROYNALDO: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
The one they show now is ₦2500 once u put ur card details there like this the discount will disappear and is not stated there d specific bank master card óò �, if it doesn't disappear they won't let me pay it will just show ur order has been updated. To be frank there is too much hanky panky in their administration �
Re: Deceitful Offer From Jumia, Please Help!! by abiodun175(m): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
AFONAMARO:
Hello guys, please i need your input on how to go about my bitter experience with Jumia.

I placed an order for a Samsung galaxy note 8 2 days ago. While trying to complete the order, i was shown that i am entitled to ₦10,000 discount if i use my Mastercard. lmmediately, i proceeded to use my mastercard. But surprisingly, i was debited ₦127,359 as against ₦117,359 that was availed to me prior to placing the order.

I called their customer service yesterday and the agent i spoke with tried deceiving me.

Firstly, she alleged that i needed to register to qualify for the discount.

Secondly, she claimed that the promo is only for first timers.

Thirdly, she also claimed that the promo is for only Stanbic IBTC bank card holders.

Finally, upon realizing that I was concise with my assertion, she transfered me to one Anthony (another agent) who alleged that the promo ended since June, that i am not correct with my claim.
When i insisted and informed him that i have a proof to back up my assertion, he said a mail would be sent to me to provide my proof.

I have gone online to make a report as directed, but nothing has been done. Rather, they've called twice trying to offer apology instead of refunding my money.

Attached is the evidence of my claim showing the discounted amount and my order details.

MODS, please help push it to the right section/front page
Same thing happened to me when I ordered my phone two weeks ago from jumia. The discount appeared, but did not reflect when I made payment. I just let it slide

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Dstv / Pre-registered SIM Cards: Result Of Half-Baked Solutions / Man Tries To Troll Samsung. The Clapback Was Brutal (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.