Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince (26300 Views)

Apostle Suleman Praying In His Private Jet. Video Emerges (Photos) / Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2021
Coool
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Great
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by TruthinAction: 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2021
Those who don't believe in speaking in tongues are not true believers. It means you are not born again. If you are, the signs of speaking in tongues ought to follow you. Our Lord Jesus said;

"And these signs shall follow THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues." (Mark 16:17).

i have up to 40 Benefits of Speaking in tongues with scripture references to back it up. The book will be released shortly.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2021
TruthinAction:
Those who don't believe in speaking in tongues are not true believers. It means you are not born again. If you are, the signs of speaking in tongues ought to follow you. Our Lord Jesus said;

"And these signs shall follow THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues." (Mark 16:17).

i have up to 40 Benefits of Speaking in tongues with scripture references to back it up. The book will be released shortly.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:13am On Jan 12, 2022
Goooood
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
Loook
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lord Jesus
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Gbam
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Now
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:56am On Mar 05, 2022
Glory
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2022
Evening
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2022
Glory
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Plenty
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 3:15am On Mar 10, 2022
There’s zero benefit. Na scam
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:21am On Mar 10, 2022
Glory
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by oshaosha2014(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2022
Intelligent but fible.
hopefulLandlord:
After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and fast. So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm seedlings and built a great factory of it. While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology. While we were praying, India went into ICT. While we were praying, China went to massive industrialization. While we were shouting Allah Alakuba! UAE went into massive infrastructural development. While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological development. While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her citizens. While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was mounting man on the moon.

After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according to our labour. Since those that went into industrialization, technology, infrastructural development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers. That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest churches.

That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for medical and business solutions instead of hospitals. That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we blame devil. That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams. That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while building and blame devil when building collapse. That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we blame it on Lucifer. That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria. That's why we always wait for gods to do that which ability to accomplish we already have in us. That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for their rewards. Nigeria is a prayer loving, god fearing nation. Religion has taken the place of technology, infrastructure, education and all. When we are traveling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements, servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if anything goes wrong. That's why there are more people dying on our roads. Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when we have all we need to survive and build a nation....... I hope it made sense to you
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by oshaosha2014(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2022
They have only gone far in corruption.

iramure:
Speaking in useless tongue offers nothing but foolishness and stupidity.
Non praying nations have gone far in every good things, you allow one incomprehensible language rule you. You need brain check up

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by oshaosha2014(m): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2022
LoL... The Israel who are God's first children were not as developed as many of their enemies they war with in the bible. Physical develop is not a metric to determine who is being blessed by God or not.
shadeyinka:

....a myopic way of thinking about the problem!

While we were NOT thinking all you said took place. It has nothing to do with prayers or worship. America became great technologically with a generation that largely believed in God (at least up till 1970)

Malaysia is 98% Muslims but greater than Nigeria technologically.

Till today, with or without religion, Nigerians have still refused to THINK and All we do is to CONSUME!
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. Moreover, no one knows when their hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so people are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them. Ecclesiastes 9:11-12

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by azammi(m): 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
Oga shut up please
YungJo207:

Oga go and sit down a prophtess that is twisting a verse of the Bible to justify her claim...learn to hear from God not from your flesh go and read and understand the Bible before you teach people false things...... prophetess indeed.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by azammi(m): 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
You clearly know nothing about the Bible.
YungJo207:

Oh my God....even after what is in plain written you still choose to twist words.... thought you said that verse was related to speaking in tongues? So why change your mouth again....... madam prophtess go and read and understand abeg
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by azammi(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
If you read your Bible you might have known the answer but you keep letting you ego deceive you.
YungJo207:

Tongues of Angels are heavenly tongues ahi ok the devil was once part of them so what makes you think he doesn't understand the whole tongues you speak?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Great
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2022
Yeeeep
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by TruthinAction: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2022
Maximus85:

Tell them.

Apostle Paul said if someone has the gift of speaking in tongues, then someone must be there to translate. Who has ever translated that gibberish they speak?

Apostle Paul didn't discourage believers from speaking in tongues. He was only trying to put an order in church. And he was addressing the situation when you are talking to the congregation.

But he encourages speaking in tongues for personal edification;

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church -:1st Corinthians 14:2.

He even boasted he speaks in tongues more than them all -: 1st Conrinthians 14:18

In the concluding part, he said;

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. Let all things be done decently and in order - 1st Conrinthians 14:39-40.

There are several benefits of speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues destroys the works of Satan. So, Satan is fighting hard for people to despise it.

I would have been long death before now if not for the gift of tongues. God gave me victory over assassin who were paid to kill me on several occasions.

Speaking in tongues makes spirit more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. It makes you supernatural. Time will not permit me to list out more benefits.

You are missing quite a lot if you don't speak in tongues.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by kimco(m): 12:39am On Mar 14, 2022
Nuttella:
I love praying in tongues, I don't just pray in tongues, while praying in tongues, I sing in tongues, oh how I love to worship my father in heaven. I can pray in normal English or Igbo language for 5mins and be short of words because of my human limitations but when praying in tongues, I can pray for 5 hours tirelessly because the holyspirit has taken over and no more human limitations, I speak mysteries, I see visions when praying in tongues too. Every born again Christian should pray in tongues.

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

As funny as this post is, This is the reality. When people claim to pray like 5 hours non stop, it is because they are suffering from neologism. Constant repeatition of words for 5 hours should be the easiest thing to do. Anyone can do it easy. It is when you have to actually build up your conversation skills, that is where you are found wanting after 5 minutes. Because what else can you tell your God after telling him everything on a subject (thanks, forgiveness, protect our loved ones etc)? Indulge in word salad? Maybe.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2022
Glory
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
Gloryyyyy
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by Maximus85(m): 10:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
TruthinAction:

Apostle Paul didn't discourage believers from speaking in tongues. He was only trying to put an order in church. And he was addressing the situation when you are talking to the congregation.

But he encourages speaking in tongues for personal edification;

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church -:1st Corinthians 14:2.

He even boasted he speaks in tongues more than them all -: 1st Conrinthians 14:18

In the concluding part, he said;

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. Let all things be done decently and in order - 1st Conrinthians 14:39-40.

There are several benefits of speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues destroys the works of Satan. So, Satan is fighting hard for people to despise it.

I would have been long death before now if not for the gift of tongues. God gave me victory over assassin who were paid to kill me on several occasions.

Speaking in tongues makes spirit more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. It makes you supernatural. Time will not permit me to list out more benefits.

You are missing quite a lot if you don't speak in tongues.

Sir, Tongue means language. In pentecost 33CE those that spoke in tongues were speaking languages that people can understand. Go read Acts 1:1-11.

Who understands that gibberish you guys speak today?

The gift of speaking in different languages was a gift of the spirit, no to talk to God but to preach the gospel to people of different languages.

Wdf is sharrababa. And that trash you guys speak sound all the same.

How come Gallileans speak our languages and we can hear them? People heard.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by TruthinAction: 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
Maximus85:

Sir, Tongue means language. In pentecost 33CE those that spoke in tongues were speaking languages that people can understand. Go read Acts 1:1-11.

Who understands that gibberish you guys speak today?

The gift of speaking in different languages was a gift of the spirit, no to talk to God but to preach the gospel to people of different languages.

Wdf is sharrababa. And that trash you guys speak sound all the same.

How come Gallileans speak our languages and we can hear them? People heard.

The experience of speaking in tongues in known languages only happened on the day of Pentecost during the days of the early church. They also spoke in tongues that could not be understood.

This is why Apostle Paul wrote;

1st Conrinthians 14:14
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

If they always spoke known languages in tongues, there would have been no need to look for an interpreter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by Maximus85(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
TruthinAction:

The experience of speaking in tongues in known languages only happened on the day of Pentecost during the days of the early church. They also spoke in tongues that could not be understood.

This is why Apostle Paul wrote;

1st Conrinthians 14:14
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

If they always spoke known languages in tongues, there would have been no need to look for an interpreter.

Wow! I am amazed.

So, if a Chinese speaking pastor comes to preach the gospel in Ijebu, there wont be a need for an interpreter?

Wow!
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Evening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / APC Will Take Over Bayelsa State In 2016, Except… – Primate Ayodele / Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.