Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. (647 Views)

Tems Having A Moment With Mary J Blige, DJ Khaled And Rick Ross After Grammy Win / Aka Congratulates Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination!!! / Wizkid And Simi Congratulate Burna Boy For Grammy Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by Information9ja: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nigerian singer Burna Boy Claims He is Number 1 After Grammys Nomination With Twice as Tall album and Davido Said It God's Grace to Win Grammy.

The Self-acclaimed African giant, Burna Boy, has declared himself number one after Grammys nomination with his recent album 'Twice As Tall'.

Burna’s latest album ‘Twice as Tall’ got nominated for the Best Global Music Album category at the 2021 Grammy Awards said to hold on 31st of January 2021.

This is his second nomination.

Recall in 2019, his previous album was also nominated at the 2020 Grammy Awards ceremony, but Angélique Kidjo won the award.

Celebrating his nomination, Burna Boy took to his Snapchat, describing himself as the number one artist.

His post read:
“Power has changed hands. Accept and move on. “I be number one before no be title.”

After Burna Boy's Nomination there have been rumours on social media that Nigerian music star, Davido did not submit his Album for Grammy consideration

Not long after, an old video of the Nigerian singer surfaced on social media where he stated that it took God's Grace to win a Grammy award

In the video, Davido stated that artistes should just accept whatever award their music fetched them

The 63rd Grammy awards nomination list was recently released and to the disappointment of fans, Davido was not on the list.

Different reasons and arguments have sprung up concerning the issue on social media.

One of his fans on Twitter stated that he heard the singer did not submit his previous album A Good Time for consideration, as he was only concerned with making good music.

Davido says people should do their music and accept whatever award it gets. Adding that winning a Grammy award is by God's grace.

The fans tweet tilted towards the fact that Davido was not desperate for a Grammy award.

In a reply to him, another fans believe to be Burna Boy's fans dug up an old tweet of Davido's which proved clearly that he was indeed interested in winning a Grammy award.

However, an old video shared by Bigbrother radio on Instagram showed that Davido believed that winning a Grammy award was not by the artiste’s efforts.

According to the singer who spoke during an interview section with the Big Brother radio stated that, winning the prestigious Grammy award would be by God’s grace and not how well the artiste did their music.

The father of three also said that if an artiste’s music earned him a Headies award, he or she should take it and go away.

Watch the video.
https:///old103

Re: Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by Bluezy13(m): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmm...

I never fancied this dude and his songs.
But he has been nominated for grammy, for that I am proud of him.
Then his refusal to be coolheaded is making me have a rethink.

Nevertheless, that is my business.
Re: Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by willzy0909: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
When the government opens the borders, and rice comes down to 15k/bag, and chicken does not eventually rise to 10k per unit as the poultry association has threatened, then this yeye news will appeal to me.

BTW Burna boy is to proud. I doubt if people can grow under him as a label.

He should Thank God that it's not Nigerians that are the organizers of Grammy. After seeing shege, he would have been as loyal as Loya milk by now.

Come and win with an overrated album make I see. Humble o, make God fit use u and bless u
Re: Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by Kccheechy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Burna boy's pride would be out of this world should he win the Grammy Award. We would not hear word again. I like his songs sha.
Re: Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by mechanics(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmmm, I guess he will focus on his music, so he will be nominated for Grammy awards, congrats to Burna Boy.
Re: Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by candygist: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
willzy0909:
When the government opens the borders, and rice comes down to 15k/bag, and chicken does not eventually rise to 10k per unit as the poultry association has threatened, then this yeye news will appeal to me.

BTW Burna boy is to proud. I doubt if people can grow under him as a label.

He should Thank God that it's not Nigerians that are the organizers of Grammy. After seeing shege, he would have been as loyal as Loya milk by now.

Come and win with an overrated album make I see. Humble o, make God fit use u and bless u

You self no say many Nigerians like you no like and know good things. People that know and appreciate good things have nominated him for a prestigious award like Grammy. Make I see how una wan take rig this one against burna boy. You think say na sound city or headies award be this ?
Re: Burna Boy Claims He Is Number 1 After Grammy Nomination, Davido Says.. by Mizfabulous18(f): 5:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Drake just recently announced how corrupt the award academy Grammy is so forget they know what they r doing corruption in Nigeria and USA na one nd the same thing

(1) (Reply)

“collect Stones Thrown At You To Build An Empire” – Peter Okoye Advises Fans / Is Naira Marley Crushing On Me? - Tacha, Naira Marley Reacts (video) / Davido Finally Exposed For Buying Followers, Youtube Views And Spotify Streams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.