Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (128751 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2011
[size=13pt]Star Trek may appear poorly done in the set and special effects department, but if you look beyond that, you'll see great characters, good stories and music grin . Star Trek inspired many to make their own Science Fiction movies and shows (example: Star Wars). So, the special effects and sets are not so good, but everything else is great. wink[/size]

all4naija:

Star Trek. It was all hype! I swear it was as boring as hell(only burning fire and screaming people - that is how boring hell is like).Lol!!! I would give it a 4/10 rating.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:05am On Nov 14, 2011
Matchette man
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:16am On Nov 14, 2011

[size=13pt]The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Bridge on the River Kwai is a World War II film. One of those big movie war epics shocked. But epic though it may be this film is not about the massive global conflict. This is a small story, a story really of two men and their war of wills. The fact that these two men are each in their own way quite mad makes for a fascinating story. It's a story with great moments of triumph and bitter moments of despair. It's a story of great bravery in the face of unspeakable brutality. winkBut really, at its heart, it's a story of madness. cheesy cheesy grin
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:54am On Nov 14, 2011
The River Why [2010]. . . .5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2011
semid4lyfe:

The River Why [2010]. . . .5/10

funny title

@Ogaga4Luv
Is it the 1979 Star Trek film you're referring to or the 2009 film?
The visual effects in 2009 Star Trek film were very good.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by steven11: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
I lastly watched Harold and Kumar part 2. it was very funnier than its part one it is the craziest movie I have ever watched.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by sexylogan(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2011
Immortals
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2011
One Way 2011.was ok just another bizarre love story dragged a bit.5 out of 10 for me ,

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:06am On Nov 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah dear friend i am talking about the one of 1979--- the effect is so dull smiley[/size]
obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
Is it the 1979 Star Trek film you're referring to or the 2009 film?
The visual effects in 2009 Star Trek film were very good.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2011
Killer Elite [2011]. . .typical Jason Statham movie - 4.5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:07am On Nov 15, 2011
Expendables
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Please, do not get me wrong. I love action films. I have a soft spot for those 80's violence fests like Delta Force because they're fun. I also liked the new Rambo movie and Grindhouse. wink

This, however, was just crap. The only reason why this isn't rated 1 is because of the best performance of the movie, by the AA-12 shotgun. grin
[/size]

BCuZiMBlaCk:

Expendables
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2011
This is England - Bleak look at UK in the 70's / 80's and skinheads. I lived through some of this and it was weird looking back with adult eyes via this film. Well filmed and acted and rang very true. 8/10

Immortals - storyline is absolutely disgraceful, no attempt to give any depth or logic to the characters. This film has only one saving grace, it is beautiful to watch! The graphics, action sequences and special effects were off the hook. The Gods fighting was awesome.
I give the script 3/10 and the graphics 8/10. Overall though the lack of a decent plot is a killer making it an overall 5/10
Cavill had no range to play with, just eye candy for the girls and Mickey Rourke had no real logical motivation.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
Vieira:

This is England - Bleak look at UK in the 70's / 80's and skinheads. I lived through some of this and it was weird looking back with adult eyes via this film. Well filmed and acted and rang very true. 8/10

Immortals - storyline is absolutely disgraceful, no attempt to give any depth or logic to the characters. This film has only one saving grace, it is beautiful to watch! The graphics, action sequences and special effects were off the hook. The Gods fighting was awesome.
I give the script 3/10 and the graphics 8/10. Overall though the lack of a decent plot is a killer making it an overall 5/10
Cavill had no range to play with, just eye candy for the girls and Mickey Rourke had no real logical motivation.

well said Supported 100percent, the movie didnt even have any memorable line like u know in 300 this is Sparta are you not entertained   that kind of thing.the lead character didn't even do so much i was disappointed except for the graphics and the gods fighting scene with the titans , anybody who compares this with  300 should be shot.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2011

[size=13pt]Braveheart
After watching Braveheart, I can't help but wonder how much of an influence starring in "Mad Max" was on Mel Gibson's film making. Maybe the then young actor landed a role that matched his view of good and evil just through good luck. In "Braveheart", the suffering icon Gibson plays is William Wallace, who fights to liberate the Scots from the tyranny of their English rulers and the treachery of the Scottish Lords.

Wallace matches cruelty with cruelty but that's alright because he's on the side of freedom. At least in "Braveheart" the times and the enemy are more in tune with barbarous methods than that of "The Patriot", which I detest as nothing more than a Revolutionary War-era "Death Wish". Patrick McGoohan is delicious as the English king Edward Longshanks who treats his allies as callously as his enemies. And I must admit my props to Mr. Gibson for treating warfare as the messy, horrific affair it is although he seems to revel in it.

"Braveheart" has many pluses. It is very convincing in taking you back in time. The stark landscapes of the Scottish countryside are lovely.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
eghost247:

anybody who compares this with  300 should be shot.

@eghost247
grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by kokoA(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
Dorian Gray. . . just ok sha
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
Secrets From Her Past [2011]. . . .4/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by ijawgirl: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2011
Best Man--40% sad
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
Soul Plane
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2011
Just finished The Usual Suspects [1995]

Hmm. . . maybe cos I knew about the shocking end of the film due to people's listing of the movie in the surprising/twisted endings movies thread, I kinda figured out who the mystery guy was so it wasn't a shock to me grin

Also, the plot was unnecessarily complex/difficult to follow at times (u gats listen closely to everything being said & be constantly skipping/rewinding back to grab the story) and the movie was a bit dull. What kept me watching to the end was to ID Kayasoze or whateva his name was.

Not riveting but stellar performance by Kevin Spacey though. Can't rate this movie more than a 6

Now 10 minutes into another movie that comes highly recommended cos of it's twisted/surprising ending -  Beyond A Reasonable Doubt [2009]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2011
Four Kings - really weird comedy about four Indians in the UK wanting to be terrorists.
This film Confused me a lot because at times it seemed serious, then a parody and even racist.
It is funny in parts but I believe sends a weird message, I could not comprehend the attitude of the wife and kid to their Dads plans for blowing himself up!
I give it 6.5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2011
Breaking Dawn, well it was good but i have to say its the most boring twilight movie yet though its following the storyline bit it kinda dragged anyway twilight fans will still love it anyway the suspense in the end was thrilling, but if your looking to see werewolf vampire showdown there's none of it in this movie, the next part should be very interesting to watch 5 out of 10 for me

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2011
Devil's Double (2011)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
@eghost247
I don't have time to watch bulls.hit films like Twilight.

@topic
- A BEAUTIFUL MIND (2001)

- ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 18, 2011
Horrible Bosses. Skunks! I would give it 5/10 rating though, funny in many ways.

Immortal is in every cinemas - it is annoying the way people are carrying rumor around about the movie. I really don't find any thing spectacular on the trailer on netflix.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 2:26am On Nov 18, 2011
Crazies - This film had it all! Bad acting, cliche moments, terrible script, only white people and the most useless ending ever.
Plot: town gets infected with insanity after a biological weapon is accidently released.

Score? 2/10 and that is me being generous
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 4:59am On Nov 18, 2011
Jumping The Broom (2011)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Abbeycity4(f): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2011
Friday the 13th
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BlackBaron: 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2011
Twilight; Continues to be dragged on like a never ending story. angry

4/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by kokoA(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2011
Arlington road, I recomend it for everyone
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2011
Nottin Hill

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (97) (Reply)

Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.