Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

"Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ (2953 Views)

Kano Residents Bury APC In A Mock Coffin, Chant 'Bamayi!" (Video) / They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. / "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by 10mobile: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says pictures of his mock coffin displayed in the media during the anti-fuel subsidy removal protests of 2012 traumatised his aged mother who had lost eight children.

Jonathan said this in his recently published book titled, My Transition Hours.

The former President said,

“The protests continued unabated. In all of these, one woman I pitied most was my aged mother who was with me in the State House.

“Every day, she watched on television protesters carrying a casket with my picture on it and having the inscription ‘Rest In Peace.’

“I could imagine her trauma. This is a woman who had 10 live births with only my elder sister and I surviving.”

Jonathan said during the protests, several notable Nigerians visited him, asking him to reverse the increment in the pump price of petrol.

Some of the prominent Nigerians who visited him include: General-Overseer, Living Faith Mission (Winners Chapel) Bishop David Oyedepo; Primate of the Anglican Church, Rt.Rev Nichola Okoh and eight other clerics.

He said what was more disheartening was the fact that the opposition in Lagos had hijacked the protests.

Jonathan added that even the Nigeria Labour Congress which had been briefed on the matter before the subsidy removal was announced was co-opted into joining the protests.

The former President added,

“In Lagos State for instance, it was like a carnival. Musicians, comedians and other celebrities were engaged by opposition elements to join the protests. Refreshments were served to protesters.

“Every morning Lagos State government workers cleaned up the Gani Fawehinmi Park and prepared it for the day’s protests. It appeared as though the protesters were very special guests of the Lagos State Government. Similar scenarios played out in other opposition controlled states.”

See Also:THE TOP 10 CLEANEST CITIES IN AFRICA, 2020 (Unbelievable Photos and Vids)

Jonathan further stated that the House of Representatives, which was led by pro-opposition Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, decided to exploit the situation.

He said the House accused him of fleeing the country in a bid to exploit the situation for political gain.

“The House of Representatives whose Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, was hobnobbing with the opposition (he eventually defected to the opposition) did not help matters.

“Thinking that I had left the country for South Africa to attend the centenary celebration of the African National Congress, Speaker Tambuwal convened the House to sit on a Sunday just to condemn the deregulation.

“That was the first and only time in Nigeria’s political history that the parliament sat on a Sunday. At that sitting, an opposition member of the House got up to allege that I had abandoned the nation at such a crucial time to join festivities in South Africa.

“Unknown to the House, on that same day while they were sitting, I was at Eagle Square to inaugurate mass transit vehicles my administration purchased to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal.”

Lifted from Joe Chidolue Udodigbo's Facebook wall

2 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by chatinent: 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
Why do all these people want us to pity them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by koolib(m): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
Jonathan a perfect gentlemen who had all the energy and power to transform Nigeria but his obsession for second term consumed him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Yenefer(f): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
So his mother have social media accounts. Anyways his mother got it wrong they mocked PDP as dead not Embele Azikiwe
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Pierocash(m): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
Just the same way your opposition party was quickly co-opted to join the endsars protest by serving refreshment to protesters. Even though I stand with endsars protesters, your party PDP wanted to hijack it,ionly to realise there was no leader to bribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by IJOBA2: 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
HELINUES DA undecided
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by IJOBA2: 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yenefer:
So his mother have social media accounts. Anyways his mother got it wrong they mocked PDP as dead not. Embele jonathaf
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MARRY SOARRR NOW grin
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Christistruth00: 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
koolib:
Jonathan a perfect gentlemen who had all the energy and power to transform Nigeria but his obsession for second term consumed him.

GEJ was a decent man. It was some people that hijacked and confused him

Instead of putting pressure on him to implement the 2014 National Constitutional Conference recommendations that would have gone a long way to make Nigeria better for all they thought they would have that opportunity forever because they were feeding fat under GEJ. Now they are crying restructuring something the Conference went a long way to accomplishing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Perfectsouth(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
[b]Some of the prominent Nigerians who visited him include: General-Overseer, Living Faith Mission (Winners Chapel) Bishop David Oyedepo; Primate of the Anglican Church, Rt.Rev Nichola Okoh and eight other clerics[/b]it still baffles me why most keep quiet till now..

3 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Millimann: 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
GEJ, God has vindicated you and shamed all of them.

6 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Perfectsouth(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
IJOBA2:
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MARRY SOARRR NOW grin
I forbid bad thing in Jesus name..

1 Like

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by madmohamed(m): 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
10mobile:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says pictures of his mock coffin displayed in the media during the anti-fuel subsidy removal protests of 2012 traumatised his aged mother who had lost eight children.

Jonathan said this in his recently published book titled, My Transition Hours.

The former President said,

Jonathan said during the protests, several notable Nigerians visited him, asking him to reverse the increment in the pump price of petrol.

Some of the prominent Nigerians who visited him include: General-Overseer, Living Faith Mission (Winners Chapel) Bishop David Oyedepo; Primate of the Anglican Church, Rt.Rev Nichola Okoh and eight other clerics.

He said what was more disheartening was the fact that the opposition in Lagos had hijacked the protests.

Jonathan added that even the Nigeria Labour Congress which had been briefed on the matter before the subsidy removal was announced was co-opted into joining the protests.

The former President added,

Jonathan further stated that the House of Representatives, which was led by pro-opposition Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, decided to exploit the situation.

He said the House accused him of fleeing the country in a bid to exploit the situation for political gain.

Lifted from Joe Chidolue Udodigbo's Facebook wall
wike want to be the VP to tambuwal. We are waiting for them
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by hisexcellency34: 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
And they are deceiving him to come and contest again
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Millimann: 5:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yenefer:
So his mother have social media accounts. Anyways his mother got it wrong they mocked PDP as dead not Embele Azikiwe

He said his mother watched on television. READ!!!

8 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Yenefer(f): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
Millimann:

she still got it wrong
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by 10mobile: 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yenefer:
she still got it wrong
How did she get it wrong please?

2 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Yenefer(f): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
10mobile:

How did she get it wrong please?
they mean PDP not ebele
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by ProfessorBerlin(m): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
I no even know Wetin I go type
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by mbaise1000: 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
well, buhari made JONATHAN look like a saint, and the 97% was and still remains part of the problem.
ANYWAYS, PROUDLY 5%,

3 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by yarimo(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
Mtceeew mr GEJ how is that Nigerians business ? angry
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by nzeobi(m): 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
Apc really played irresponsible politics as opposition party and now they are in power they have failed in everything except borrowing and nepotism.

APC and their friends in save Nigeria group mobilised and sponsored protests against GEJ but asked soldiers to go and kill protesters in lekki.

4 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by nzeobi(m): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
chatinent:
Why do all these people want us to pity them?

Of what benefit is your pity to anyone, read so you will learn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by etrouble: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
Come again Goatluck
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by MikkieEl: 7:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by hAlexandro(m): 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Yenefer:
he said watched TV ma be calming down
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by C0m0dity: 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
Sorry o
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by SweetiliciousD: 2:30am On Nov 27, 2020
nzeobi:
Apc really played irresponsible politics as opposition party and now they are in power they have failed in everything except borrowing and nepotism.

APC and their friends in save Nigeria group mobilised and sponsored protests against GEJ but asked soldiers to go and kill protesters in lekki.
Inside life!

Even those who protested trekked and cried their life out in public then too!

2 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by firo08(m): 4:09am On Nov 27, 2020
I want to read the book.
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by firo08(m): 4:12am On Nov 27, 2020
yarimo:
Mtceeew mr GEJ how is that Nigerians business ? angry
See dem d hoodlums.
But today who is regretting it.?
Werey people

2 Likes

Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by Solsix(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Millimann:

U for leave him with his ignorance, some people don't deserve pity
Re: "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost 8 Children" - GEJ by ebenezar202I: 9:05am On Nov 29, 2020
koolib:
saw your post on techno droipad p904 but I couldn't comment cos this account I'm using is still new.
I have the phone for sale and everything is still working perfect and it's still new

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa Is Not Conquered, We Will Take Our Land Back From Fulanis / 2023:Obasanjo Mobilizes The South Against Atiku,wants power shift / Hanging Of Atiku's Poster In Front Of Emir Of Daura's Palace (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.