Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,937 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. (5956 Views)

Protesters Carry Mock Coffin Of Tinubu On Keke Napep / Kano Residents Bury APC In A Mock Coffin, Chant 'Bamayi!" (Video) / "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Felimax(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2021
THEY DISPLAYED MY MOCK COFFIN PUBLICLY~ Jonathan.

Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother Who Lost Eight Children, Says GEJ

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says pictures of his mock coffin displayed in the media during the anti-fuel subsidy removal protests of 2012 traumatised his aged mother who had lost eight children.
Jonathan said this in his recently published book titled, My Transition Hours.
The former President said, “The protests continued unabated. In all of these, one woman I pitied most was my aged mother who was with me in the State House.
“Every day, she watched on television protesters carrying a casket with my picture on it and having the inscription ‘Rest In Peace.’
“I could imagine her trauma. This is a woman who had 10 live births with only my elder sister and I surviving.”
Jonathan said during the protests, several notable Nigerians visited him, asking him to reverse the increment in the pump price of petrol.
Some of the prominent Nigerians who visited him include: General-Overseer, Living Faith Mission (Winners Chapel) Bishop David Oyedepo; Primate of the Anglican Church, Rt.Rev Nichola Okoh and eight other clerics.
He said what was more disheartening was the fact that the opposition in Lagos had hijacked the protests.
Jonathan added that even the Nigeria Labour Congress which had been briefed on the matter before the subsidy removal was announced was co-opted into joining the protests.
The former President added, “In Lagos State for instance, it was like a carnival. Musicians, comedians and other celebrities were engaged by opposition elements to join the protests. Refreshments were served to protesters.
“Every morning Lagos State government workers cleaned up the Gani Fawehinmi Park and prepared it for the day’s protests. It appeared as though the protesters were very special guests of the Lagos State Government. Similar scenarios played out in other opposition controlled states.”
Jonathan further stated that the House of Representatives, which was led by pro-opposition Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, decided to exploit the situation.
He said the House accused him of fleeing the country in a bid to exploit the situation for political gain.
The former President added, “The House of Representatives whose Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, was hobnobbing with the opposition (he eventually defected to the opposition) did not help matters.
“Thinking that I had left the country for South Africa to attend the centenary celebration of the African National Congress, Speaker Tambuwal convened the House to sit on a Sunday just to condemn the deregulation.
“That was the first and only time in Nigeria’s political history that the parliament sat on a Sunday. At that sitting, an opposition member of the House got up to allege that I had abandoned the nation at such a crucial time to join festivities in South Africa.
“Unknown to the House, on that same day while they were sitting, I was at Eagle Square to inaugurate mass transit vehicles my administration purchased to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal.”
#NB
Same People who Occupied Nigeria then suddenly became dumb without Brains anymore.

COPIED!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by AdaugoChisom(f): 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Food for thought

3 Likes

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Blake755: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
But now the have seen who’s better now wink

20 Likes

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by chiiraq802(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
But where are they now, all those celebrities, musicians etc....I can even sight Wole Soyinka and Jide Kosoko....

The Country is even more corrupt and worst than Goodlucks time.... Suddenly they've all developed mouth cancer

Fuel increment, no protest.
Gas is on a high, no protest.

Boo.hari na even dictator self pass Goodluck Jonathan.

I just blame the angel weh position me for Nigeria, nothing else.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by xpressionx(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
For everyman that Brought Buhari upon us,may the angel of God slap you except you repent

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by yanabasee2: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2021
The people who mocked 5his man have seen the difference between having a certificate and not having a certificate.....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Naijanascam: 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
Most of these people are now living in regret and in bondage........

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by slowice(m): 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2021
My brother you suffered. You chose to be upright and they used it against you.

But now, body Don tell every man

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
This 1 is deep ohh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Gentlerespect76: 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
What did Joe not see??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by illicit(m): 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nigerians have a right to protest and government has a duty to protect them....

Your mother is one in a million sir
Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Oblang(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
They ve done same to Buhari, so na part of am..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by ClassicMan202(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
Where all the mugus dey now?

Nigerian politicians are useless... All of them

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by obiekunie01: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
see them!

afonjazeessss!

always a wiling tool in the hands of their fula masters.

and at the end they will be dumped like rotten tomatoes.

Whatever you believe or say about the Igbos, you have to give it to them on loyalty.
if Ndi igbo stand by you, they will never btray you, stab you in the back or abandon you - go ask jonathan.

but if ndi igbo are against you, they dnt pretend about it, they will show you straight up that they are not with you - no pretense about it, no smiling with you in your face and stabbing you from the back - go ask buhari.

AND IF THEY STAND WITH YOU AND YOU START SEEING THEM AS A NUISANCE, THEY WILL RESPECTFULLY EXCUSE YOU AND LET YOU BE - GO ASK NIGER DELTA AS THEY START CLAIMING THAT IGBOS ARE AFTER THEIR OIL AND WE EXCUSED OUR SELF AND LET THEM BE - THE RESULT? YORUBA AND FULANI COLLECTED THE LION SHARE FROM THEIR OIL AND GAVE THEM 3%! lipsrsealed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by clarocuzioo(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
okoo
Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by bjdon: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
This us we in the SS will NEVER support a SW president in 2023. If the SE are not given the chance, then it should remain in the North. The SW must not be allowed to profit from imposing Buhari on us.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Racoon(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2021
Guess they have all seen the foolishness of allowing parochial sentiments to be becloud their sense of sound judgement?

Nope! I don't think so.Abi no be the same people who are now fronting for the bullion vans man of Burdillion that foist this Buhari catastrophe on a nation of 180m people to be president too?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Ogamysamo: 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2021
after a p c won bring you back?
dem go tire you foot and hand go dump for their party say you don defect.
i trust those people, they shall surely put words in your mouth in due time.

1 Like

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Ogamysamo: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
bjdon:
This us we in the SS will NEVER support a SW president in 2023. If the SE are not given the chance, then it should remain in the North. The SW must not be allowed to profit from imposing Buhari on us.
what deprive the southern south of the right to be voted for. you don't even trust your region na anothe person own you de carry 4 head
Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by penplus: 1:20am On Sep 25, 2021
Lamentations 3:37
“Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?”

Proverbs 26:2
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come

2 Likes

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by MacBan: 2:10am On Sep 25, 2021
bjdon:

Every reasonable SS person believe this is the way it should be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by trueking: 2:28am On Sep 25, 2021
penplus:
Lamentations 3:37
“Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?”

Proverbs 26:2
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come
Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Gadafii: 4:05am On Sep 25, 2021
If Jonathan did 1/100 of what the daura demon has done to Nigeria, the country would have burnt down, that is if he wasn't impeached .

Imagine dollar was equal to #400 during GEJ tenure, or petrol sold for 162, or gas filled for 650/kg, or a bag of rice sold for 32k , or he borrowed billions of dollars like the demon is doing, or Boko Haram entered into the NDA and killed people and abduct some or that, new Mine resistance and ambush protection vehicle which are being delivered to the NA were attacked and looted by iswap, just imagine all of this under GEJ

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by mu2sa2: 4:14am On Sep 25, 2021
Jonathan - the first and only dullard president of Nigeria, parades a worthless PhD and is married to a fantastically corrupt woman who was doing it on his behalf and who also parades a questionable academic degree..
Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by femi4: 5:06am On Sep 25, 2021
Blake755:
But now the have seen who’s better now wink
nobody holy pass ye....they are all thieves
Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by joyandfaith: 5:42am On Sep 25, 2021
mu2sa2:
Jonathan - the first and only dullard president of Nigeria, parades a worthless PhD and is married to a fantastically corrupt woman who was doing it on his behalf and also parades a questionable academic degree..

Typical muslim

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by general111(m): 5:46am On Sep 25, 2021
Everyone knows that nigeria was far better in the arms of gej than buhari..
Talking about corruption, buhari's government is ten times more corrupt than jonathan's

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Phiniter(m): 5:49am On Sep 25, 2021
now those same folks are muted in the face of the most tyrannical, narcissistic, nepotistic, sadistic, farcical, communistic, chauvinistic, vengeful, dramatic, comical, absurdistic and ridiculously insensitive rule.

some are still sai babaing

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Randy111(m): 5:55am On Sep 25, 2021
mu2sa2:
Jonathan - the first and only dullard president of Nigeria, parades a worthless PhD and is married to a fantastically corrupt woman who was doing it on his behalf and also parades a questionable academic degree..

This aboki mumu oooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by LieBurster: 6:13am On Sep 25, 2021
Yet those cursed hypocritical miscreants parading themselves as omoluabis ,main while they are fake and disgustingly evil minded will later come out to support fuel subsidy removal and support increment of fuel price immediately buhari became president.
It will not augur well for those stinking fake hypocritical miscreants who call themselves omoluabi,especially those of them in Lagos and ogun state.....shekau and bin laden has more chance before GOD than them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by tony0806: 6:17am On Sep 25, 2021
It's well
Re: They Displayed My Mock Coffin Publicly~ Jonathan. by Goodplace: 7:20am On Sep 25, 2021
Do you have a Degree?

Do you know the meaning of the words you used?

Stop displaying your high level of Ignoramus

mu2sa2:
Jonathan - the first and only dullard president of Nigeria, parades a worthless PhD and is married to a fantastically corrupt woman who was doing it on his behalf and who also parades a questionable academic degree..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Is Sinking Very Bad In The North, The Waters Are Too Deep For Him / Armed Herdsmen Kill Labour Party Ward Chairman In Benue / Yar'adua Will Handover To Jonathan - Special Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.