Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

I’m Shocked My Husband’s Family Is Demanding N500m From Gbaja, Says Vendor Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Shocked My Husband’s Family Is Demanding N500m From Gbaja, Says Vendor Widow (217 Views)

Enugu Govt Denies Demand Of N500m From Airport Contractors By Host Communities / See Speaker Gbaja’s Tweet On Recent Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In S’Africa / Atiku Demands Apology And N500m From Lauretta Onochie For Defamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Shocked My Husband’s Family Is Demanding N500m From Gbaja, Says Vendor Widow by Okoyeaniche(m): 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
I’m Shocked My Husband’s Family Is Demanding N500m From Gbaja, Says Wife Of Murdered Vendor

Josephine Okereke, the wife of the Abuja-based newspaper vendor who was allegedly killed by a security aide of Femi Gbajabiamila, speaker of the house of representatives, has expressed shock that her husband's family are demanding N500 million compensation rather than seeking justice.

Okereke told journalists on Thursday that what she wants is justice for her late husband, and not the compensation being sought by his family.

Ifeanyi, her husband, was shot by Abdullahi Hassan, a Department of State Services (DSS) operative attached to the speaker, last week.

He was rushed to the hospital and couldn't make it back alive.

Not long after Gbajabiamila promised to assist the man’s family and ensure justice for his killer, they wrote the speaker, demanding N500 million compensation.

Following a piece of advice given to the family by a Nigerian lawyer and human rights activist, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), to accept the money as it will at least mitigate the obvious trauma and hardship the premature demise of their irreplaceable breadwinner has placed on them.

Okereke, however, told journalists in Abuja that she was not privy to the N500 million compensation requested by the family.

“I was in my house when within 10 minutes my father-in-law came from Abia, he went out along with his other son and the next day I heard that my husband’s people are demanding...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Re: Crisis Rocks Dss, Why They Failed On #endsars Intel, Dg Suspends 2 Assistant / Imo Lawmakers Approve Tenure Extension For LG Chairmen / Murder Of Olufon Of Ifon, Oba Israel Adeusi: The Spiritual Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.