Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review (17199 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Kiki Osinbajo Pens Down Message To Her Father As He Begin Another 4 years / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by zeusdgrt(m): 6:02am On Nov 27, 2020
K,we dey wait
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Ideegee(m): 6:02am On Nov 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Wahala for those who no dey stop prepaid meter counting illegally..

They dey use the masses catch cruise, I go use them catch cruise too

Please, how do you stop them?

I'm sure man people too would like to access this piece of information. Thank you.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by mekuxiani(m): 6:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Dannieln1: 6:23am On Nov 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

How u dey do am boss
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by bluefilm: 6:33am On Nov 27, 2020
Did they say they're going to increase the tariff again?

Why are so many people on this thread talking shit now?

People wanted steady power. People should also be ready to pay for steady power.

It's as simple as that.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by simple250: 6:39am On Nov 27, 2020
If only our politicians are feeling what the masses are going through, but no they have free access to both fuel and electricity bill .

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by mkoabiola: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

What is d code na.

I need am badly.

I Don tire to de buy unit every 3days
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by sweetrace(f): 6:45am On Nov 27, 2020
Acjohn:
I say Buhari is a failure not because of this tarrif buy what the average man in Nigeria is passing through.

Hike in petrol, gas, transport, food, the falling of the naira, insecurity and most importantly the unprecedented rise in Nigeria local and international debt.
What will Buhari do to justify all of these?
If Nigerians are giving 100k per month by government, it still won't cure the damage these have caused the system.
Hope those that voted him are enjoying what they are seeing

Bad governance has been the bane of society since the Shagari era. However, the governed should take full responsibility for this. An example is expecting the government to give out money to the populace.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Digitalwitch: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2020
babzlim:
Has anyone noticed how fast this pre-paid meter unit reads... God, I just cant put anything on in my house again and it still reads. This stuff is total rip off.
Where you expecting it to be slow after the hype by many Nigerians?.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Jack005(m): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2020
Acjohn:
I say Buhari is a failure not because of this tarrif buy what the average man in Nigeria is passing through.

Hike in petrol, gas, transport, food, the falling of the naira, insecurity and most importantly the unprecedented rise in Nigeria local and international debt.
If Nigerians are giving 100k per month by government, it still won't cure the damage these have caused the system.
To zombies buhari is a god.. Thunder scatter all zombies dead or alive.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Jack005(m): 6:56am On Nov 27, 2020
babzlim:
Has anyone noticed how fast this pre-paid meter unit reads... God, I just cant put anything on in my house again and it still reads. This stuff is total rip off.
This government has finished us, exactly what I noticed too, mine that normally last more than a month, did not even exceed 2weeks this time around.

2 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by adecz: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
The most useless & directionless
government in the history of Africa..

Tufiakwa!!

undecided undecided
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by unitysheart(m): 7:07am On Nov 27, 2020
This is hat happens when privatization happens. If I'm the discos owners I will want to make the money I invested in the business back. There's no way I'll be spending ten naira on providing a service and I'll accept seven naira from those using the service.

Shat we must fight for is to stop estimated billing and ensure that there's no hanky panky with prepaid meters.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by abkboy: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Hmmm
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by teelaw4life(m): 7:15am On Nov 27, 2020
bluefilm:
Did they say they're going to increase the tariff again?

Why are so many people on this thread talking shit now?

People wanted steady power. People should also be ready to pay for steady power.

It's as simple as that.

Stop yarning dust. You clearly read the article and saw where they mentioned factors like eschange rate and rising inflation as being responsible for the imminent review...of course it's going to be upward.

Meanwhile, the last increment which was as much as 150% in some places (100% on my end) has not yielded any fruit. Electricity supply is still as epileptic as ever. But the cost of estimated billing is still as high as ever.

High tariff is no guarantee for stable power supply of the government do not fix the fundamental issues bedevilling the power sector.

2 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Skmoda360(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2020
With which light ? Abi ori won buru ni...
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by bluefilm: 7:19am On Nov 27, 2020
teelaw4life:

Stop yarning dust. You clearly read the article and saw where they mentioned factors like eschange rate and rising inflation as being responsible for the imminent review...of course it's going to be upward.

Meanwhile, the last increment which was as much as 150% in some places (100% on my end) has not yielded any fruit. Electricity supply is still as epileptic as ever. But the cost of estimated billing is still as high as ever.

High tariff is no guarantee for stable power supply of the government do not fix the fundamental issues bedevilling the power sector.

I wonder how you already knew for sure the tariff is going to be reviewed upwards but I will leave you to your speculations.

The fact still remains that if you want steady power, then you must be prepared to pay for it.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Masterclass32: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2020
Northern people should stop ruling Nigeria. u can't give what you don't have. Look at the squalor and poverty in the north despite the north being in power for much of the time since Nigeria's independence.

It's either restructuring (make all man manage themselves) or outright disintegration.

3 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Whois(m): 7:38am On Nov 27, 2020
God help us

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Simplythebest: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2020
They should just use Nigerians for money. Just imagine after raising the amount for more than 100 % they are still thinking of increasing it again. I use to get 131kw for N3000 but now am get 59kw for N3000 still this people are thinking of increasing this bill again. I give up on Nigeria. I made worst mistake for coming back to this country. What a hopeless and animal Country called Nigeria.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Cti28(m): 7:44am On Nov 27, 2020
At the end, the fund realized will be used to develop Niger Republic and enrich their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by teelaw4life(m): 7:51am On Nov 27, 2020
bluefilm:

I wonder how you already knew for sure the tariff is going to be reviewed upwards but I will leave you to your speculations.

The fact still remains that if you want steady power, then you must be prepared to pay for it.

"Higher inflation and exchange rates could lead to a rise in tarrif..." maybe you should read the article.
Maybe you have a problem reading but I just told you increasing tariff without addressing the foundational issues affecting power in Nigeria will not lead to increase in power supply.
The logic that it will is called false equivalence. Keep up, buddy.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by VULCAN(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Stop being a coward and always facing to attack your fellow common man who is doing better than you!

The people who are destroying the economy are not those who drive a slightly better car or who go for holidays once a year.

It's the political class.

You didn't mention storming Sanwo-olus house or Aso Rock instead it's to go airport road to block those who have visa. You must be very poor indeed if you don't know tht the middle class is being wiped out by Buhari yet again.

You voted Buhari not me.

TANTUMERGO007:
God your children asked for change and you gave us changes, only God knows when the next revolution go start na airport we go first block cause no one go escape.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by themanderon: 8:20am On Nov 27, 2020
Scam! Scam! Scam! This government is nothing but a scam. They will soon charge you 10k per unit and still justify darkness. They have no plans for this nation only to enrich themselves at the detriment of the citizens..
The earlier Nigerians realise that this man is hellbent on punishing them for those years they rejected him the better. Soulless devils that's why they want to regulate social media and censure the news so they can have opportunity to carry out their wickedness without challenge.
The funny thing is that you will still see terribly damaged individuals voting them in in 2023. That's how terribly damaged people are in this country.

2 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by babzlim(m): 8:44am On Nov 27, 2020
Do you know I used 3k worth of unit for 2 days without refrigerator just fan charge phone and one pop depending where am in.

Very soon everywhere in Nigeria will go dark.

Jack005:
This government has finished us, exactly what I noticed too, mine that normally last more than a month, did not even exceed 2weeks this time around.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by babzlim(m): 8:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Digitalwitch:

Where you expecting it to be slow after the hype by many Nigerians?.

My T. V is now on comporsary live... My frig is totally useless iron is getting rotten I now use cold iron... Cant even charge common laptop... GOD WHAT IS THIS SELF, MAKE WE KILL OURSELF FOR THIS GOVERNMENT NI.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Afrikahene: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2020
The hardships keep getting worse everyday...

Anyone not warming up for the next wave of #EndSARS protests AKA Nigerian Revolution is a liability to the youths.

Those asking us to vote in 2023 have they forgotten that all elections in Nigeria are subject to rigging? Have they forgotten how the government used thugs to scatter the protests, used army to shoot protesters and are still denying despite all the evidences?

With Buhari’s wicked policies, I doubt how many people will be standing to talk of voting in 2023. It is either we march on the streets and end this nonsense once and for all or suffer forever as these leaders are beasts in human body who are willing to sacrifice all of us on the altars of their stomach.

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Shezkid01(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

Help a brother
How u dey do am
Na 40 unit I use in just 5 days

2 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by chozzy: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2020
Acjohn:

Dollar is #490 today

2 Likes

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by 400billionman: 9:30am On Nov 27, 2020
ojun
:
Make them sell dis country, my tenant still dey find am hard to pay old balance

grin

Tenant issue be like Elections Tribunal matter now.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by 400billionman: 9:31am On Nov 27, 2020
babzlim:

Change to Etisalat.

Maybe, you are using MTN.

Lol.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Joshmanuel10(m): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2020
TANTUMERGO007:
God your children asked for change and you gave us changes, only God knows when the next revolution go start na airport we go first block cause no one go escape.
My exact thoughts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ARISE TV Presidential Town Hall Series Three (Live Video) / Governor Adeleke campaigns with Osun East Senatorial district candidates(photos) / Niger Delta, Biafra And The Nigeria State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.