Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review (17176 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Kiki Osinbajo Pens Down Message To Her Father As He Begin Another 4 years / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by ajaymina(m): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Wahala for those who no dey stop prepaid meter counting illegally..

They dey use the masses catch cruise, I go use them catch cruise too

Bro, please link me up with the cruise setup.

I need complete hack of that criminal Pre-paid meter of this wicked NEPA.

I no get single joy how tins de play out for the citizens.

1luv
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by hecomeshome(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Wahala for those who no dey stop prepaid meter counting illegally..

They dey use the masses catch cruise, I go use them catch cruise too

Bros, abeg, show me d way.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Josywhyte: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2020
This people dey catch us mugu better style
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:39am On Nov 27, 2020
For those asking for help in stopping meter count.. you need to snap a picture of your meter setup because meters are different..
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by blaqoracle: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2020
phrancys001:
Buhari just dey cari us ball
it is your hero, Jonathan that failed. He sold phcn to them. I wish you more gnashing of teeth.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by babzlim(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
I seriously think so...

400billionman:

Change to Etisalat.

Maybe, you are using MTN.

Lol.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by 2rez: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Buhari has been a bad boy. Nigga just dey carry us straight win or over 1.5.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by Homextras: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
You pay N18,000/month for 24hr light in Canada..and this includes using electric stove, oven, fridge, 4 heaters in winter..

Nigeria and Lai Mohammed will give a billion reasons why Naija can't pay same rate. Yet they are quick to compare naija with developed nation when it suits their logic.

Failed Nation..

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
ppogba:
I would not blame NERC.

If half the energy spent on END SARS has been pushed into protesting the last Elect. Tarrif hike, they would not be attempting this rubbish.

What is d meaning of "end bad governance"?
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
blaqoracle:
it is your hero, Jonathan that failed. He sold phcn to them.

Does that explain buharis all round failure in every aspect of governance?
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
lexy2014:

Nope but you can't hold him for the trap set by jona.....that entire sale process was done without the thought of Nigerians in mind.....but with what Buhari has been able to do....
.I say Sai Baba.....

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
leokid866:

Nope but you can't hold him for the trap set by jona.....that entire sale process was done without the thought of Nigerians in mind.....but with what Buhari has been able to do....
.I say Sai Baba.....

Providing Electricity is just one aspect of governance & u attribute buharis failure to a "trap set by Jona...". But u also acknowledge that buhari has failed woefully in every other area where no trap was set by Jona. Invariably, even if Jona didn't set a trap in d electricity sector, buhari would have still failed. More like failure in governance comes natural to him

1 Like

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by iamhorpey(m): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
Minimum wage had been increased and now the strategy to recollect it is on. Those that voted this people, can you see what you've caused?
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 2:01am On Nov 28, 2020
lexy2014:

Providing Electricity is just one aspect of governance & u attribute buharis failure to a "trap set by Jona...". But u also acknowledge that buhari has failed woefully in every other area where no trap was set by Jona. Invariably, even if Jona didn't set a trap in d electricity sector, buhari would have still failed. More like failure in governance comes natural to him

lol someone that took $20billion from the treasury, and was planning to sell NNPC.....someone that they asked to come to the Senate to answer questions on his role in the malabu oil deal and Said they should bring 500 million naira for his transport.....the same jonathan wey dey use Nigeria jet dey go Mali, dey use am to cruise from bayelsa to Abuja anytime Buhari calls his name.....the man that not only robbed us but destroyed the entire house while at it...........till today we still never see deizani wey fit tell us the truth how Nigeria did not have any money in Its coffers after selling oil for over $100 per barrel for many years.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 3:59am On Nov 28, 2020
leokid866:

lol someone that took $20billion from the treasury, and was planning to sell NNPC.....someone that they asked to come to the Senate to answer questions on his role in the malabu oil deal and Said they should bring 500 million naira for his transport.....the same jonathan wey dey use Nigeria jet dey go Mali, dey use am to cruise from bayelsa to Abuja anytime Buhari calls his name.....the man that not only robbed us but destroyed the entire house while at it...........till today we still never see deizani wey fit tell us the truth how Nigeria did not have any money in Its coffers after selling oil for over $100 per barrel for many years.

That still doesn't address these issues raised below:

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 3:59am On Nov 28, 2020
leokid866:

Does everything u have said negate d fact that buhari has failed in every area of governance since 2015?
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 2:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
lexy2014:

Does everything u have said negate d fact that buhari has failed in every area of governance since 2015?
he has done better than jona.....if you disagree pull up your points and let's discuss.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
leokid866:

he has done better than jona.....if you disagree pull up your points and let's discuss.

I didn't ask u if he has done better than Jonathan or not. It's u who is bringing Jonathan into d picture by fire by force& making comparisons. If comparisons is ur objective, d onus is on u to prove ur claims. Not me. U therefore have d floor using every constitutional indices especially section 14(2b) of d constitution as d basis for ur argument. D floor is yours.
This is d simple question I asked u below. I don't see Jonathan in d question:

Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by jubilee55f: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
Buhari is a disastrous disaster. He must go .
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if he has done better than Jonathan or not. It's u who is bringing Jonathan into d picture by fire by force& making comparisons. If comparisons is ur objective, d onus is on u to prove ur claims. Not me. U therefore have d floor using every constitutional indices especially section 14(2b) of d constitution as d basis for ur argument. D floor is yours.
This is d simple question I asked u below. I don't see Jonathan in d question:

Oga he has done well in all sectors except Security....please go and sit down....
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
leokid866:

Oga he has done well in all sectors except Security....please go and sit down....

Cool down. U seem to already be getting worked up. How has he done well in "all sectors"? Kindly itemise those sectors& explain how he has done well in them. Kindly take cognizance of section 14(2b) of d constitution. Why hasn't he done well in security? Did jona also set a trap there for him?
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
lexy2014:

Cool down. U seem to already be getting worked up. How has he done well in "all sectors"? Kindly itemise those sectors& explain how he has done well in them. Kindly take cognizance of section 14(2b) of d constitution. Why hasn't he done well in security? Did jona also set a trap there for him?
Well let's start with the ports....The Nigerian customs has doubled their earnings....first time in Nigeria history in the last 16 years, Support for Agriculture......The Lagos Ibadan expressway that they have been working on for the past 16 years is over 40% complete with serious work going on daily...., he tackled the electricity problem head on.....put support systems in place to help those who make meters........brought in seimens to handle reworking of the transmission equipment........there's the TSA account.....closing the border to stimulate the local economy.....support for SMEs through various funds......the list goes on.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
lexy2014:

as for security he is working on it.....yes it's a big issue, but this an issue we inherited from obj who didn't bother to solve it but rather used it as an excuse to run for a third term, then yaradua went and left too soon, and our brother jona did not even know what was happening to do anything......but under Buhari state policing is been tested with some regions been allowed to form their own security network......the Army, and Airforce been equipped with weapons to tackle our current security situations.....some of their small vehicles are even been sourced locally from Innoson....and large anti mine vehicles from proforce......keep in mind the Security issue obj started with is not the same one jona inherited, and not the same Buhari is currently facing. people like you will be quick to judge others actually doing something, but if they ask you to join the Military you will shout God forbid....
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by blaqoracle: 4:14am On Nov 29, 2020
lexy2014:

can you tell me the meaning of failure?
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 6:50am On Nov 29, 2020
blaqoracle:
can you tell me the meaning of failure?

Yes I can tell u d meaning of failure
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2020
leokid866:

as for security he is working on it.....yes it's a big issue, but this an issue we inherited from obj who didn't bother to solve it but rather used it as an excuse to run for a third term, then yaradua went and left too soon, and our brother jona did not even know what was happening to do anything......but under Buhari state policing is been tested with some regions been allowed to form their own security network......the Army, and Airforce been equipped with weapons to tackle our current security situations.....some of their small vehicles are even been sourced locally from Innoson....and large anti mine vehicles from proforce......keep in mind the Security issue obj started with is not the same one jona inherited, and not the same Buhari is currently facing. people like you will be quick to judge others actually doing something, but if they ask you to join the Military you will shout God forbid....

In ur previous comment, u said:

leokid866:
he (buhari) has done well in all sectors except Security

What u have said means that buhari has failed as far as securing nigeria is concerned. "He is working on it..." doesn't negate ur earlier claims that he has failed in security. "He is working on it..." isn't d same thing as success either.

Ur penchant for always trying to drag past leaders into d discussion just further accentuates d fact that buhari has failed. Buhari was elected to fix things whether inherited or otherwise. So u always referring to past leaders as justification for buharis failures shows that he indeed has failed.

Also, u have left d discussion & engaged in personal attacks on my person. I fail to see how my ambition to join d military or otherwise negates d fact that buhari has failed as far as security is concerned. Buhari was a military man and it was on d strength of this that he, APC& his supporters campaigned that nigeria will be secure. But here u are now acknowledging that he has failed. U should feel ashamed as a citizen & channel that frustration in d right direction & not at me.

Unfortunately, u don't no what d constitution says. In section 14(2b), d constitution says "The security and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government". That is d job description of d president & d standard for measuring his success or failure & not whether Jonathan or obj did or didn't do.

D primary purpose of a thing means d original reason why that thing exists. It means that d govt exists to secure d lives of it's citizens & to provide for them.

Buhari is & has been d head of govt of nigeria since 2015. And constitutionally, security is on d exclusive list of d federal executive. So if buhari isn't doing delivering on his job description as stated in section 14(2b) of d constitution, u can't blame anyone but buhari
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 7:58am On Nov 29, 2020
leokid866:

Well let's start with the ports....The Nigerian customs has doubled their earnings....first time in Nigeria history in the last 16 years, Support for Agriculture......The Lagos Ibadan expressway that they have been working on for the past 16 years is over 40% complete with serious work going on daily...., he tackled the electricity problem head on.....put support systems in place to help those who make meters........brought in seimens to handle reworking of the transmission equipment........there's the TSA account.....closing the border to stimulate the local economy.....support for SMEs through various funds......the list goes on.

Once again, section 14(2b) of d constitution is d basis & it says: "The security and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government".

What is welfare? It means "the state of doing well especially in respect to good fortune, happiness, well-being, or prosperity". With all u have written up there, how has it impacted on d welfare of nigerians? Has d standard of living of nigerians improved?

How has customs doubling it's earnings improved d living standards of nigerians?

What do u mean by "support for agriculture"? How has that improved d living standard of nigerians?

U say d Lagos/ibadan expressway is 40% complete. Pls how is that an achievement? U say work has been going on on d road daily. When did work commence on d road?

According to u: "he (buhari) tackled the electricity problem head on...".
Ur use of d word "tackled" is past tense which suggests that he has solved d electricity problem in Nigeria. Pls what is d state of electricity in Nigeria today that u say he "tackled"? How did he tackle it?

What is d support put in place to "help those who make meter?". Who are those that make meter?

How has d Siemens that was brought translated into better electricity distribution?

U say "There's TSA account". What does that mean? How's d availability of TSA an achievement? How has that improved d welfare of nigerians?

U say closing of d border has improved d economy. Kindly explain. How did u arrive at ur conclusion? Can u share d indices u used to measure d impact of border closure on d economy?

U said "the list goes on...". Pls bring more. It doesn't matter how long d list is. Pls let me have all that is in d list.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by leokid866: 10:32am On Nov 29, 2020
lexy2014:

Once again, section 14(2b) of d constitution is d basis & it says: "The security and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government".

What is welfare? It means "the state of doing well especially in respect to good fortune, happiness, well-being, or prosperity". With all u have written up there, how has it impacted on d welfare of nigerians? Has d standard of living of nigerians improved?

How has customs doubling it's earnings improved d living standards of nigerians?

What do u mean by "support for agriculture"? How has that improved d living standard of nigerians?

U say d Lagos/ibadan expressway is 40% complete. Pls how is that an achievement? U say work has been going on on d road daily. When did work commence on d road?

According to u: "he (buhari) tackled the electricity problem head on...".
Ur use of d word "tackled" is past tense which suggests that he has solved d electricity problem in Nigeria. Pls what is d state of electricity in Nigeria today that u say he "tackled"? How did he tackle it?

What is d support put in place to "help those who make meter?". Who are those that make meter?

How has d Siemens that was brought translated into better electricity distribution?

U say "There's TSA account". What does that mean? How's d availability of TSA an achievement? How has that improved d welfare of nigerians?

U say closing of d border has improved d economy. Kindly explain. How did u arrive at ur conclusion? Can u share d indices u used to measure d impact of border closure on d economy?

U said "the list goes on...". Pls bring more. It doesn't matter how long d list is. Pls let me have all that is in d list.

you are obviously blind or can't correlate how government making money from different avenues leads to economic stability.......in terms of support for agric those of us in the industry have gotten support to keep our farms going.....if not for covid that came and messed up things I know how much was made in my brothers farm last year......in terms of electricity In the last one year I've not had to use gen at home or at work because of policies set to stop estimated billing and the distribution of meters I'm sure you can understand the what can be done with constant electricity in terms of business and life improvement....closing the border helped because it stopped our neighbors from coming to dump shit on us, double custom earnings, stimulated the local economy, brought industries into the country especially in the terms of manufacturing, with a lot of the industries filling the shortfall of products we are known to import, and I know you will want to say but bag of rice is so high.....well truth is current we don't produce enough to sustain our population and there are other factors involved but I will rather buy my bag of Nigerian rice for 30k and know that it is going into my economy than buy rice from Thailand that was shipped from Ghana for 15k and be developing other people's nation......as our people say nkan ta ni, ni a gbe larùge.....as for indicies.....go check online and realise before covid Nigerian Gdp was growing at 1.2% straight for 11 months.....if you cannot take that as a sign of economic growth them I don't know for you.
Re: NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review by lexy2014: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
leokid866:

you are obviously blind or can't correlate how government making money from different avenues leads to economic stability.......in terms of support for agric those of us in the industry have gotten support to keep our farms going.....if not for covid that came and messed up things I know how much was made in my brothers farm last year......in terms of electricity In the last one year I've not had to use gen at home or at work because of policies set to stop estimated billing and the distribution of meters I'm sure you can understand the what can be done with constant electricity in terms of business and life improvement....closing the border helped because it stopped our neighbors from coming to dump shit on us, double custom earnings, stimulated the local economy, brought industries into the country especially in the terms of manufacturing, with a lot of the industries filling the shortfall of products we are known to import, and I know you will want to say but bag of rice is so high.....well truth is current we don't produce enough to sustain our population and there are other factors involved but I will rather buy my bag of Nigerian rice for 30k and know that it is going into my economy than buy rice from Thailand that was shipped from Ghana for 15k and be developing other people's nation......as our people say nkan ta ni, ni a gbe larùge.....as for indicies.....go check online and realise before covid Nigerian Gdp was growing at 1.2% straight for 11 months.....if you cannot take that as a sign of economic growth them I don't know for you.

Once again, ur reliance on personal attacks clearly shows that u are loosing it& that u are hurt by d questions being asked. If u are making claims, it behoves on u to prove ur claims beyond reasonable doubt && not to start getting emotional. So far, u haven't been able to prove ur claims. Once again, my reference is to section 14(2b) of d constitution. I ask again: "With all u have written up there, how has it impacted on d welfare of nigerians? Has d standard of living of nigerians improved?" U haven't been able to provide any clear& verifiable
instance in d improvement of d standard of living of nigerians. Am yet to see anything u have said that proves that " government making money from different avenues leads to economic stability".

U made reference to "your brothers farm". Not your farm. Covid shouldn't adversely affect agriculture because people will still need to feed covid or not. Besides, are u telling me that before 2015, Nigerians weren't farming? How has govt support that u mentioned increased agricultural production? Can u put a figure? What was d state of agriculture before 2015? What is d state of agriculture after 2015 in terms of improvement? How has d support u mentioned positively impacted on food security?

Ur words were very unambiguous. U said "buhari has tackled the problems in electricity". U are speaking in past tense. Meaning that he has solved d problems in that sector. But here u are again contradicting urself speaking in future tense:

"in terms of electricity In the last one year I've not had to use gen at home or at work because of policies set to stop estimated billing and the distribution of meters ." These policies are yet to be implemented.

U are talking about what hasn't been done yet u say d problems of electricity "have been tackled". U obviously being dishonest. It will therefore be difficult to believe ur story about d state of electricity in ur area. But even if true, d fact that u have electricity where u are doesn't mean that's d way it is nationwide. That is d way electricity supply has been in Nigeria. So far, there hasn't been any improvement. Between y'day& today, I haven't had more than one hour electricity supply. Many people in my area have buy fuel everyday to power their gen. So my dear, u haven't provided any evidence that electricity has improved in Nigeria since 2015.

U are still mentioned "doubling of customs earnings" yet u aren't able to tell me how that improved earnings has improved d standard of living of nigerians.

Pls what was d shit our neighbors were dumping on us before d border closure. U say d cost of a bag of rice is high because nigeria doesn't produce enough, yet u say border closure is an achievement. For u to say that nigeria doesn't produce enough rice is a contradiction on ur claims of govt support in agriculture which confirms buharis failure. Y has d support not ensured we produce enough rice? For u to say nigeria doesn't produce enough rice also contradicts d claims made by d VP in 2019 that nigeria is self sufficient in rice production. It's either d VP lied or u are admitting to buharis failure.

U say border closure has "stimulated the economy". Pls how has d economy been stimulated by border closure? Kindly provide facts& figures. Do a comparative analysis between d state of d economy before& after border closure. Don't just make bogus claims.

U also made this claim that border closure has "brought industries into the country especially in the terms of manufacturing, with a lot of the industries filling the shortfall of products we are known to import"

Pls can u name d industries u referred to in ur claim above? Where did they come from I to d country& what products are they producing that we were importing?

I didn't ask u for GDP or economic growth. I asked u how have all these things u mentioned IMPROVED THE LIVING STANDARDS of nigerians. With reference to indices I asked: "Can u share d indices u used to measure d impact of border closure on d economy?" There might be various reasons for GDP figures. So breakdown ur GDP of 1.2% and d economic activities carried out as a result of border closure that produced 1.2%.

NB: For all d hype about border, it's even appalling that u are presenting 1.2% GDP as an achievement

Pls what has happened to anti-corruption fight? It seems gone are d days when buhari supporters said buhari was fighting corruption. I don't hear it again. What is happening with d health sector, education, technology, infrastructure, petroleum, industries, inflation, job creation and human capital development?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drama As Deputy Speaker, Kalu Threatens Solomon Bob With Suspension / The Burial Of Remilekun Philips-George; Bode George's Mother / Police Barrack In Ibadan Selling Fuel Gutted By Fire (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.