Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) (76629 Views)

Messi Passes Batistuta As Argentina's All-time World Cup Top Scorer / Messi Hits Out At Referee, Says 'He Does It On Purpose' As Argentina Struggles / Messi Lifts The 2021 Copa America Trophy As Argentina Defeats Brazil (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by OfficialJayy: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
tesppidd:
Was there any time Argentina went behind in those 2 Copa America finals against Chile and needed someone to bail them out?

Ronaldo needed an international trophy desperately and he was bailed out by Eder in 2016 and Bernado in 2018..

In those 2 finals he flopped serially and his team mates carried him across the finish line.

Messi on the other hand was not so lucky as Higuain continually fluffed his lines.

Team work and not individual excellence wins International trophies.

Cr7 did not complete that euro 18 final match due to injury, so I dont know whether you were expecting him to score from the stands

Cr7 flopped badly during that NL final match against france, I doubt if you even watched the match cuz he actually played well, just that he didn't score.. afterall you once said, a player can play a world class match without scoring, or does that theory not apply to cr7?

Argentina needed Messi against Germany in 2014 when they went behind, but he went into airplane as usual..

Even during that copa 2016 match, they needed him to score his spotkick just to make them believe they can win, but instead he sent the ball to the stands.. imagine if you were an Argentina player that day, how would you feel seeing your talisman, captain and one of the best ever missing a spot kick? Would you feel confident while taking yours or will your morale drop a bit??

And please stop comparing messi and cr7 in the international scene.. the fact that cr7 has a trophy with Portugal is itself a miracle

This is actually the first time that cr7 is having a large amount of world class players to play with in portugal.. besides portugal before cr7 were crap, they had no trophies and evem had difficulties qualifying for competition.. now compare that to argentina before messi, two world cup trophies and a number of copa america titles.. that history coupled with the amount of world class players messi has played with means he should have at least won a trophy..

In america, argentina are usually the second favorites to win the copa america title after brazil, but in europe, you would pick ten favourites to win the euros and I doubt portugal would be among.. but of course, I am sure you already know all these

Yes, team work not individual brilliance wins your trophies, but for that to happen, you need leaders on the pitch and in the dressing room.. another area where cr7 dwarfs Messi.. infact Messi's leadership skills is closer to zero than to ten..

Its funny how you keep on criticizing higuian for that WC final miss.. while failing to mention how he carried his team into the semi final after his match winning strike against Belgium..

Bottom line is Messi's team mates support him just the same way cr7's support him..
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by tesppidd: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
OfficialJayy:

[s]Cr7 did not complete that euro 18 final match due to injury, so I dont know whether you were expecting him to score from the stands

Cr7 flopped badly during that NL final match against france, I doubt if you even watched the match cuz he actually played well, just that he didn't score.. afterall you once said, a player can play a world class match without scoring, or does that theory not apply to cr7?

Argentina needed Messi against Germany in 2014 when they went behind, but he went into airplane as usual..

Even during that copa 2016 match, they needed him to score his spotkick just to make them believe they can win, but instead he sent the ball to the stands.. imagine if you were an Argentina player that day, how would you feel seeing your talisman, captain and one of the best ever missing a spot kick? Would you feel confident while taking yours or will your morale drop a bit??

And please stop comparing messi and cr7 in the international scene.. the fact that cr7 has a trophy with Portugal is itself a miracle

This is actually the first time that cr7 is having a large amount of world class players to play with in portugal.. besides portugal before cr7 were crap, they had no trophies and evem had difficulties qualifying for competition.. now compare that to argentina before messi, two world cup trophies and a number of copa america titles.. that history coupled with the amount of world class players messi has played with means he should have at least won a trophy..

In america, argentina are usually the second favorites to win the copa america title after brazil, but in europe, you would pick ten favourites to win the euros and I doubt portugal would be among.. but of course, I am sure you already know all these

Yes, team work not individual brilliance wins your trophies, but for that to happen, you need leaders on the pitch and in the dressing room.. another area where cr7 dwarfs Messi.. infact Messi's leadership skills is closer to zero than to ten..

Its funny how you keep on criticizing higuian for that WC final miss.. while failing to mention how he carried his team into the semi final after his match winning strike against Belgium..

Bottom line is Messi's team mates support him just the same way cr7's support him.[/s].
Your football knowledge is so limited hence your fixation on "score, score, score"
That's your own sole definition of performance.
Too bad.

I won't engage you on these petty talks about Higuain scored, De Maria scored,,,, anymore.

My point now;

1.I don't care whether Ronaldo played the Euro 2016 final or not.
The logic is that he played no part in winning the final and his team mates delivered the trophy by winning the most important match in Portugal's history without Ronaldo.

2. He played the UEFA nations league final in 2018 and flopped so hard that his team mates once again bailed him out and gave him a trophy to celebrate.

The logic is that there is no basis for saying "Messi never delivers for Argentina" because he reached finals but did not win them and then go on to praise Ronaldo for equally reaching finals but being useless in those finals by calling him "performing for Portugal"

The simple difference which you are running from is that getting to a final is no mean feat.

You can't tag a player "never delivers" for reaching finals;
yet call another player "always delivers" for reaching finals and being useless in those finals.

Makes no sense.

Messi has been excellent for Argentina but unlucky not to win a trophy.

Period!
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by OfficialJayy: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
tesppidd:
Your football knowledge is so limited hence your fixation on "score, score, score"
That's your own sole definition of performance.
Too bad.

I won't engage you on these petty talks about Higuain scored, De Maria scored,,,, anymore.

My point now;

1.I don't care whether Ronaldo played the Euro 2016 final or not.
The logic is that he played no part in winning the final and his team mates delivered the trophy by winning the most important match in Portugal's history without Ronaldo.

2. He played the UEFA nations league final in 2018 and flopped so hard that his team mates once again bailed him out and gave him a trophy to celebrate.

The logic is that there is no basis for saying "Messi never delivers for Argentina" because he reached finals but did not win them and then go on to praise Ronaldo for equally reaching finals but being useless in those finals by calling him "performing for Portugal"

The simple difference which you are running from is that getting to a final is no mean feat.

You can't tag a player "never delivers" for reaching finals;
yet call another player "always delivers" for reaching finals and being useless in those finals.

Makes no sense.

Messi has been excellent for Argentina but unlucky not to win a trophy.

Period!

No need stressing myself to read the rubbish you just posted..

All I know is that messi never delivers when he plays for Argentina.. simple

Have a nice day
Re: Diego Maradona Buried As Argentina Grieves (Photos) by tesppidd: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2020
OfficialJayy:

[s]No need stressing myself to read the rubbish you just posted..

All I know is that messi never delivers when he plays for Argentina.. simple

Have a nice day[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / Nigeria Vs Guinea-Bissau: AFCON 2023 - (1 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 / (Photos) Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready To Host Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.