Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures (38118 Views)

Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / Yangsigang Yangtze River Bridge In China, Looking Like 'A Ladder To Heaven' / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Primase: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

Why do you blame Buhari for Nigeria's issues when most of them predate him??!...

Who is putting the entire blame on Buhari for issues that predate him?
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by rotwailler(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2020

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2020
Bridge collapsed or the truck went for a bodywash in the river grin

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Angelfrost(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Primase:

Who is putting the entire blame on Buhari for issues that predate him?

Who isn't??! Are you new in Nigeria or Nairaland??! grin
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Reference(m): 10:39am On Nov 27, 2020
But what is so hard in maintaining, repairing, replacing or upgrading such a bridge that quite frankly doesn't look more than 50 metres long. Why is it that we lack capacity to collectively cater for basic public works and infrastructure. Does it mean that there isn't a civil engineer with rudimentary knowledge working in that local government sphere?

Does he not regularly inspect infrastructure with his ambit. Will he not give warnings of impending challenges and can he together with authorities mobilised basic tools and labour to fix things.... Why are we this lethargic about our common wealth, our collective prosperity.

And I say collective with all emphasis because I bet that truck carrying granular material that finally broke the camel's back was probably headed to the heavenly mansion of a so called big man, probably the castle of a government official when it met with this mishap.
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by ThatFairGuy1: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2020
I've never seen This kind of old and outdated bridge In the Southwest yet all our leaders are Igbos concern, they insult them at will while theirs who crippled their life are always left untouched.

Gandollar AnambraIstson slap44 Naijaroyalty Tinubu fashola Aregbesola and co has done it again

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Oizee(f): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2020
Wetin d truck dey do 4 dat kind bridge?
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
Ugwuanyi is the definition of a good for nothing useless governor. If u have a different opinion, ask those living in Achara layout to tell u the condition of the once beautiful dual carriage road from Coal Camp to Gariki which was constructed by Sullivan.

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Donspicey: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
The governor should be arrested Asap.........
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Seun360(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
Let's blame Bihari for this too?

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Lawsaite: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
I'm sure that bridge wasn't designed for such weight. It definitely must have been a short cut built only for smaller vehicles, but the stupid driver decided to take the short Lane and ended up like this.
Sometimes try and reason things out.

2 Likes

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2020
FunkeOseni:
Bad governance

ENUGU IS IN THE HANDS ON THE LORDS

WAIT THE GOVERNOR NA VIKEE MAN ?!!!

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Tinax(f): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2020
I bet you that bridge would have been built in papers and commissioned for Abuja....Nigerian governors are the most thieves embarassed

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by simhosting: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Godswings(m): 10:51am On Nov 27, 2020
Everyone should be blamed! That includes:

Those who use the bridge; how can sensible people feel free using a poorly constructed road at their own peril? even if it takes them to shut the bridge just to get the attention of their state or local government – I'm even surprised they allowed a truck with fully loaded to use the bridge.

the contractor; A truthfully passionate and competent Engineer who will not be ashamed to construct such kind of bridge isn't worthy to be given any contract by any government in Nigeria.

and the government official responsible for awarding contract; I wouldn't be surprise if at the end one finds out that million worth constructing a sane road and bridge was allocated for that project. But selfishness of the south eastern politician might have taken their share from it, endangering their electorates.

How can God bless when we don't want to help ourselves with the little blessing he has given us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by chinedumoooo: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2020
I hope no casualties.

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by chatinent: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Bridge or iron road?

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by SenatorJChris: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2020
The caption should have been "Truck destroys Adani bridge in Enugu". All I can see is a case of malicious damage by the truck driver. wink

2 Likes

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Zane2point4(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Reference:
But what is so hard in maintaining, repairing, replacing or upgrading such a bridge that quite frankly doesn't look more than 50 metres long. Why is it that we lack capacity to collectively cater for basic public works and infrastructure. Does it mean that there isn't a civil engineer with rudimentary knowledge working in that local government sphere?

Does he not regularly inspect infrastructure with his ambit. Will he not give warnings of impending challenges and can he together with authorities mobilised basic tools and labour to fix things.... Why are we this lethargic about our common wealth, our collective prosperity.

And I say collective with all emphasis because I bet that truck carrying granular material that finally broke the camel's back was probably headed to the heavenly mansion of a so called big man, probably the castle of a government official when it met with this mishap.
Naija matter is just so troublesome.atimes i begin to wonder if actually a black man can rule himself,look at such incompetence from every level.

I know some people must have even warned the foolish stubborn driver abt the weight of the truck coupled with the chippings but as a black head he wont adhere.
Atleat if the leaders are foolish to maintain or replace a proper bridge the followers shld use there head and know when to quit.

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Anyiamaka: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Did the bridge really collapse or a truck fell down?
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by hola106(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2020
potbelly:
Buhari! sad cheesy grin

But seriously what do you expect from someone who gave you this? undecided
you wont understand how happy they are for getting that

1 Like

Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Femeto: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2020
That truck driver is a big fool. But the government is bigger.
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by devlishGINGER(m): 11:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Shile981:
Sometimes I just pity the South Eastern part of the country as regards transportation. The most deadly roads in the world can only be found in their region. What a shame!
Lol so what are we doing to improve the roads
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by marsman: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2020
Developers Kwenu, why you do your people like this
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Karlovich: 11:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Kestolove:
Only in south east, who curse dix region?
grin
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Oracleforce: 11:22am On Nov 27, 2020
All this nyamiri crew will not comment on this...but if it is tinubu news or lagos state news, they will come out of their moldy shell hole and be typing nonsense.

Charity begins at home...your homeland is not good and you are telling another person how to build it own homeland....

Enugu state and erosion are inseparable.....

Nyamiri is doomed
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by farouk2much(m): 11:27am On Nov 27, 2020
wetin concern me..? Make all the bridges in that region collaps.. I will not mind
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Ghozky(m): 11:30am On Nov 27, 2020
Shile981:
Sometimes I just pity the South Eastern part of the country as regards transportation. The most deadly roads in the world can only be found in their region. What a shame!

Nigeria as a whole, is a place unfit for humans to habitate in.
Re: Adani Bridge In Enugu Collapsed: Pictures by Lovelyn451(f): 11:36am On Nov 27, 2020
ugwuanyi is working

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Rainfall And Storm Hits Dubai UAE (pics/video) / Accident In Uyo,Ambulance Carrying Corpse Collides With A Moving Van(pics) / DELSU Student Kills A Man & A Woman With His Car (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.