Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency (1395 Views)

Flyover: Extend Projects To Other Senatorial Districts, Sen. Kalu Urges Ikpeazu / Kalu Urges Buhari To Pick Lawan As Successor, Says He'll Stabilise The Country / Senator Kalu Urges APC To Reveal Presidential Zoning Formula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by adenigga(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2020
To build N50m hostel for girls secondary school

Former Governor of Abia State and Senate Chief Whip, Orji Uzor Kalu, has urged people of the Southeast region to forget their agitations for restructuring of the country and quest for the presidency in 2023.

Kalu spoke in Umuahia, the state capital, when he paid a condolence visit to representative of Umuahia East Constituency, Chukwudi Apugo, in the State House of Assembly, who lost his mother recently.

He lampooned the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, for rejecting his proposal to work for the emergence of president of Igbo extraction, but kept dissipating their energy on restructuring.

Kalu, who represents Abia North Senatorial District in the Senate under the All Progressives Congress (APC), however, said at the right time, Ndigbo would get their fair share in Nigeria with one of their own as president of the country.

In another development, he announced that he would build a N50m hostel for students of Holy Rosary Girls Secondary School, Umuahia, the state capital.

He made the pledge as chief launcher and special guest of honour at the ground breaking and fund raising ceremony for a Multi-Purpose Hall in the school organised by its old students.

He also announced N5m cash donation to the school with a pledge to procure 10 sewing machines for the school’s skills acquisition department. Kalu pointed out that he attended the event on a personal invitation extended to him by the Catholic Bishop of Umuahia Diocese, Bishop Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, which event was chaired by Kalu’s former aide, Dr. Victor Oye, who is currently National Chairman, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

“I have special love for this school and I have made it very clear that I will give my full support. My first donation for the advancement of women, which started with the girl-child education, is my pledge to build a new hostel for this school and the building will be named after, Bishop Ugorji.

“My second donation is to support the school with some money to contribute to what they are doing. When the hostel is completed more students will have access to additional accommodation,” he stated.

He urged the Old Girls Association of the school not to relent in their quest to ensure that the project is actualized, adding that he would donate 10 sewing machines to the students to encourage their skill acquisition department.

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/News/Orji-Kalu-urges-Igbo-to-forget-restructuring-2023-presidency
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2020
Condemned criminal speaking on behalf of the Great Igbos, this criminal should have been hanged since if to say na North Korea we dey, Restructure this nonsensically nonsense country make everybody begin answer him papa name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by techmo(m): 8:15am On Nov 27, 2020
cool

Weyrey dey disguise.... Aboki slave

Just imagine comments on Nairaland if a Yoruba man like Tinubu or Osinbajo said this, Ibo go talk say people be cowards and slaves

2023 Ibo must fight for power no more excuses

6 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by November1857(m): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2020
This one dong mad oooo. Na who presidency dong help since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Jashub: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2020
In saner climes this man would be behind bars.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by helinues: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Otondo..

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Moferere: 8:23am On Nov 27, 2020
Frankly speaking:

Forget Igbo Presidency in 2023
Orji Uzor Kalu

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Moferere: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2020
helinues:
Otondo..

Ó jámi l'ára jẹ grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Moferere: 8:25am On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
In saner climes this man would be behind bars.

Kingscee:
Condemned criminal speaking on behalf of the Great Igbos, this criminal should have been hanged since if to say na North Korea we dey, Restructure this nonsensically nonsense country make everybody begin answer him papa name

techmo:
Weyrey dey disguise.... Aboki slave

November1857:
This one dong mad oooo. Na who presidency dong help since 1999.

Chai, PAINMENT oo grin grin grin grin

As e dey pepper una, he dey sweet me
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by internationalman(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Of course it's understandable if he supports the institution that made him billionaire..
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Jashub: 8:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Moferere:

Chai, PAINMENT oo grin grin grin grin

As e dey pepper una, he dey sweet me
Olodo, not everyone who comments on any post here is igbo.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by OnyeOhuu: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2020
Orji Uzor Kalu should be urging Igbo people from prison.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Moferere: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
Olodo, not everyone who comments on any post here is igbo.
____ dey disguise.

Fill in the gap
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by flokii: 8:55am On Nov 27, 2020
Let them not forget na.. Nigerians will help them forget after 2023 grin

Restructuring however is the way to go. Majority of Yoruba leaders have all voiced out in support of restructuring but regions with nothing to feed on have all been silent and jittery.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Whiteangel1234: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2020
grin ofcourse he know No Igbo will support a Criminal element like him they only option is to scatter for everybody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by reactman: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2020
IGBO ARE FOREIGNER IN NIGERIA, SO WHAT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR RESTRUCTURING.LET THEM DEMAND THAT IN BIAFRA, THE LAND THAT HONEY AND MILK FLOW
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by adenigga(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2020
reactman:
IGBO ARE FOREIGNER IN NIGERIA, SO WHAT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR RESTRUCTURING.LET THEM DEMAND THAT IN BIAFRA, THE LAND THAT HONEY AND MILK FLOW

Noted!!!......

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Jashub: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Moferere:

____ dey disguise.

Full in the gap
You are an Olodo. That is what should be in the gap. tongue
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Moferere: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Jashub:
You are an Olodo. That is what should be in the gap. tongue

grin grin grin

If I catch you

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Racoon(m): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Perhaps the defection of Dave Umahi to APC have tilted the shine from this Abia convicted criminal.Well, Orji Uzor Kalu knows the truth-Igbo presidency will never be of help(infact a liability because of the enormous burden of ill governance on ground) while restructuring is the closest that will help all man.

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by ThatFairGuy1: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Mumu man, forget Restructuring? Who's now the real slave and coward?

Funny enough, he'll be supported by his people who'll find this nonsense offensive if it were to come from Tinubu.

SLAVES

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Liposure: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2020
This man is suppose to be languishing in jail by now

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by FerdinandAbah: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2020
How is this man not in prison. Senseless
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by flyingpig: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Moferere:

____ dey disguise.

Full in the gap
osino full in grin
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Coldie(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2020
No reasonable igbo man will support restructuring but ndi nzuzu way der sense never complete no go understand

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by JudazKeyz: 10:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Who is taking this crook ass nigga serious??
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by engrchykae(m): 11:27am On Nov 27, 2020
adenigga:
To build N50m hostel for girls secondary school

Former Governor of Abia State and Senate Chief Whip, Orji Uzor Kalu, has urged people of the Southeast region to forget their agitations for restructuring of the country and quest for the presidency in 2023.

Kalu spoke in Umuahia, the state capital, when he paid a condolence visit to representative of Umuahia East Constituency, Chukwudi Apugo, in the State House of Assembly, who lost his mother recently.

He lampooned the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, for rejecting his proposal to work for the emergence of president of Igbo extraction, but kept dissipating their energy on restructuring.

Kalu, who represents Abia North Senatorial District in the Senate under the All Progressives Congress (APC), however, said at the right time, Ndigbo would get their fair share in Nigeria with one of their own as president of the country.

In another development, he announced that he would build a N50m hostel for students of Holy Rosary Girls Secondary School, Umuahia, the state capital.

He made the pledge as chief launcher and special guest of honour at the ground breaking and fund raising ceremony for a Multi-Purpose Hall in the school organised by its old students.

He also announced N5m cash donation to the school with a pledge to procure 10 sewing machines for the school’s skills acquisition department. Kalu pointed out that he attended the event on a personal invitation extended to him by the Catholic Bishop of Umuahia Diocese, Bishop Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, which event was chaired by Kalu’s former aide, Dr. Victor Oye, who is currently National Chairman, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

“I have special love for this school and I have made it very clear that I will give my full support. My first donation for the advancement of women, which started with the girl-child education, is my pledge to build a new hostel for this school and the building will be named after, Bishop Ugorji.

“My second donation is to support the school with some money to contribute to what they are doing. When the hostel is completed more students will have access to additional accommodation,” he stated.

He urged the Old Girls Association of the school not to relent in their quest to ensure that the project is actualized, adding that he would donate 10 sewing machines to the students to encourage their skill acquisition department.

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/News/Orji-Kalu-urges-Igbo-to-forget-restructuring-2023-presidency

babangida's son,how is your dad's leg?
EX CONVICT

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by Ikennamurphy: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Racoon:
Perhaps the defection of Dave Umahi to APC have tilted the shine from this Abia convicted criminal.Well, Orji Uzor Kalu knows the truth-Igbo presidency will never be of help(infact a liability because of the enormous burden of ill governance on ground) while restructuring is the closest that will help all man.
AND GET HE CONDEMNED THE NEED FOR THE RESTRUCTURING. YOU SAID IT ALL, UMAHI HAS TAKEN HIS SHINE AND HE FEELS INFERIOR ALREADY
Re: Orji Kalu Urges Igbo To Forget Restructuring, 2023 Presidency by EMMY76: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
Am full blooded igbo if this is what he stands for he should forget the presidency in 2023 I will rather support someone from another tribe who will get nigeria restructured than this man. His brother ironsi was the achitect of why igbos are suffering today in nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Disqualification Suit: Dickson Has Case To Answer, Says Appeal Court / The RUGA Agenda On Paper Is Telling Us In Beautiful Lines That: / Nigerian Man Sentenced To 20 Yrs Imprisonment In South Africa For Conning Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.