Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

What Is The Work Of Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Work Of Ministry (651 Views)

Work Of Ministry / The Christ Embassy International School Of Ministry / WHAT IS THE WORK OF Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Work Of Ministry by newmi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ephesians 4:12
"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ"
This scripture actually reads for the perfecting of the saints, so the saints will do the work of ministry by so doing the body of Christ is edified.

My sincere question is: What is THE WORK OF MINISTRY.
You l don't want to assume l know, so please l welcome honest and sincere contributions so l and many others will learn.

WARNING: PLS THIS TOPIC IS NOT OPEN TO ANY FORM OF ARGUMENT. THANK YOU.
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2011
Matthew 28:19&20

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,

Baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Teaching them to observe all that I commanded you;

And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Jesus!
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by KunleOshob(m): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2011
Some ministries like cec's work is mainly to fleece their gullible and deluded members off their mostly ill gotten money.
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by Joagbaje(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2011
So what is wrong in fleecing ? if the sheep is not fleeced , they wont grow new wool. dont your baber fleece your hair ? do you run out of hair. thesame with christian giving. the more we give, the more we recieve.
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by Joagbaje(m): 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2011
newmi:

Ephesians 4:12
"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ"
This scripture actually reads for the perfecting of the saints, so the saints will do the work of ministry by so doing the body of Christ is edified.

My sincere question is: What is THE WORK OF MINISTRY.

The work of ministry has to do with being part of Gods purpose. From my understanding. there are two sides.
1. Reaching the world for Jesus. through corporate and personal witnessing.
2.Edifying the church.
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by mabell: 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

The work of ministry has to do with being part of Gods purpose. From my understanding. there are two sides.
1. Reaching the world for Jesus. through corporate and personal witnessing.
2.Edifying the church.

what do you mean by corporate witnessing

@poster,
God has given the church a great responsibility which is to make disciples of every nation ( Matt 28:18-20).
This involves preaching, teaching, healing, nurturing, giving, administering and many others
As a christian, our work of ministry is to use these gifts God has given, us to bless, strengthen and encourage the church
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by mabell: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

So what is wrong in fleecing ? if the sheep is not fleeced , they wont grow new wool. dont your baber fleece your hair ? do you run out of hair. thesame with christian giving. the more we give, the more we recieve.

Please fleece me well well
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by newmi(m): 3:02am On Mar 23, 2011
At what point do you feel or are convinced that God has called you for something much more than the general level or premise of functioning in Ministry perhaps for something much more specific.
Re: What Is The Work Of Ministry by Dulcet7(m): 4:40am On Mar 23, 2011
Joagbaje:

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Hi Everybody,we Need To Pray For Nigeria Against Tribal War And Any War That Beeds To Do With Religi / A Word From The Lord Jesus - May 10, 2011 - Naomi From Sa / God Thunders Against Greedy Deceivers - Prophetic Message - A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.