Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! (14676 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by sweetmelanin(f): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Rwanda and Gambia are shitholes. Very high unemployment rates and very high numbers of very poor people for any business to make sense. Brazil is fucking underrated men. That's the USA of south America. String economy that is rapidly growing. A very large population and good infrastructure with a government that cares for its citizens. It can also be used as a stepping stone to a better place.

Brazil is definitely underrated .. vibrant, diverse and full of life! Growing economy too

10 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2020
sweetmelanin:
The problem with Nigerians (or the black man in general), is our inability to think outside the box.. life is not all about accumulating degrees and hustling in UK, Canada or USA.
.. we chase money & flashy things to the detriment of peace of mind, without considering if we may achieve happiness by living modestly in a country that isn't necessarily in the West.

Consider other African countries like Rwanda, Gambia & Mauritius .. these are fairly successful African nations.
or
South American countries like Colombia, Brazil etc where one can still find jobs in the developed areas of town.
or
go set up businesses in Caribbean countries where tourism is thriving!

Since our country has failed us, let's learn to think outside the box!

Do you know a taxi driver in Bahamas has a better quality of life than a banker in Lagos?
Do you know that thousands of educated African-Americans are relocating to Salvador, Brazil in search of a better, happy and more fulfilled life?

Think outside the box people.

You and sense na five and six. A smart comment.

I actually felt more fulfilled in non-western countries and I live in the west. The west is just for materialistic people. If you want money, career, and a sense of security, then yes, the west is for you. But if you want more to life, a crazy entrepreneur that values human relationship in addition to the money making, good weather devoid of winter darkness and cold folks, want to walk down the streets and see people filled with approachable demeanor and just having fun, then the west will hardly be that place.

Personally, my strategy was to build a business that will fund my lifestyle as an upper class anywhere I am on earth, and leave to explore new fertile ground where I'll have a feeling of contentment towards life, and not just a cash making machine, and I achieved that. South America is really nice, especially colombia, Panama and Brazil. If one have money, those places are heaven on earth.

Many of my friends moved there after college, and they wished they did they did that earlier. It is after when one has reached the pinnacle of their financial freedom, then they would want more to life, not just stability. Thats boring.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Nigerians and follow follow. Does it always have to be Europe or the west in general? The world is so damn big, broaden your horizon, damn. There are even countries ive been to Africa and i was like man, I'm I still in my motherland ? So damn beautiful. Anytime i visit tropical countries, a sense of life awakes in me. And everytime I come back to Europe, it is like I have to tame my extrovertedness so I can integrate properly to western bland lifestyle.

Countries like Namibia, cape verde, and Botswana are far better than many countries in Europe. For example Namibians can enter the UK and Ireland without a visa, same with Canada before some refugee seeking idiots made the canadians government blocked it.

If you love nature, a country in Africa with lots of white folks and tourist from all corners of the wolrd come to explore, then it is Namibia. With a population of two million people occupying a landmass almost the size of Nigeria, to me, thats paradise. Who wouldn't want to be surrounded with widelife and watch NATgeo in live view ? In west Africa ?ecowas countries), I'll recommend Cape verde Ivory coast, far beautiful than Abuja with uninterrupted power supply, good roads, electricity, security and fast growing economies.

Widen your horizon abeg. The west is overrated.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:50am On Nov 28, 2020
roteblomen:
Nigerians and follow follow. Does it always have to be Europe or the west in general? The world is so damn big, broaden your horizon, damn. There are even countries ive been to Africa and i was like man, I'm I still in my motherland ? So damn beautiful. Anytime i visit tropical countries, a sense of life awakes in me. And everytime I come back to Europe, it is like I have to tame my extrovertedness so I can integrate properly to western bland lifestyle.

Countries like Namibia, cape verde, and Botswana are far better than many countries in Europe. For example Namibians can enter the UK and Ireland without a visa, same with Canada before some refugee seeking idiots made the canadians government blocked it.

If you love nature, a country in Africa with lots of white folks and tourist from all corners of the wolrs come to explore, then it is Namibia. With a population of two million people occupying a landmass almost the size of Nigeria, to me, thats paradise. In west Africa, I'll recommend Ivory coast, far beautiful than Abuja with uninterrupted power supply, good roads, electricity, security and fast growing.

Widen your horizon abeg.
I like Namibia but there's no jobs there. I tried searching and I couldn't even get vacancies. Many people migrating are economic migrants. They need countries with loads of jobs. Not everyone has the mind for entrepreneurship that's why a lot of people prefer the west but south American and Asian nations have low unemployment rates. It could be a starting point and visas aren't that hard to get now. We don't know of the next ten years when Nigeria will be a warzone.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Prodigee: 11:55am On Nov 28, 2020
Men truly Namibia and Botswana are lowkey cool countries in Africa. For south america, Brazil is tha bomb. If not for Portuguese one has to learn well to integrate. A country in Europe is not bad too as one can easily move within. Everyone just wants to go to USA, Canada, Australia or UK. I believe a good life can be achieved elsewhere aside these western places.

7 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 28, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I like Namibia but there's no jobs there. I tried searching and I couldn't even get vacancies. Many people migrating are economic migrants. They need countries with loads of jobs. Not everyone has the mind for entrepreneurship that's why a lot of people prefer the west but south American and Asian nations have low unemployment rates. It could be a starting point and visas aren't that hard to get now. We don't know of the next ten years when Nigeria will be a warzone.

Well, its all about mindset. How about start freelancing on fiveer.com? Or cashing out on your skills by displaying it on social media as a side job (eg photograph)? Also, utilise sites workawayer.info, volunteer and get some free accommodation and food, with social circle of course to easily integrate into any country you find yourself?

When I was in college, I toured the world with almost nothing. From hitch hiking, and volunteering for food and housing? Of course I could afford that, but the experience was all I was after. And the people you would meet would most likely be wonderful non materialistic folks. But hey, I understand. My reality as a European is different from a Nigerian, though, you may pick one or two things out of it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
Prodigee:
Men truly Namibia and Botswana are lowkey cool countries in Africa. For south america, Brazil is tha bomb. If not for Portuguese one has to learn well to integrate. A country in Europe is not bad too as one can easily move within. Everyone just wants to go to USA, Canada, Australia or UK. I believe a good can be achieved elsewhere aside these western places

Usa, Canada and UK, I can never live. Maybe Australia sha. For UK, its too small and crowded, cold and rainy, and damn expensive especially London. Canada is too damn cold and too damn big. Canada is bigger than Nigeria x11, with the population of Lagos and Kano. Visiting your friends is hell, too boring. I have a friend that migrated there but ran back to Germany. Can't stand it.

As for usa, well, lets just say I'll prefer to live in ghana than live there. Gun problem, racism, politics, copotocracy, poisonous foods, and debt ridden lifestyle. Mehn, who wants that?

Australia is the best in those options.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
Okay, Thank You Bro.

Brawlscartel:
First- with 3million you can study for free in Czech republic all you have to do is pay money for language preparatory course after 1year ur tution fee is free.........
But the visa approval rate in Nigeria is very low that's the bad thing.....

2nd- China you can study cheap in China also you gats do industry work if you don't have home backup....

3- Russia... You can do a 1 year language preparatory course in Russia with about 100k after that you will be studying in Russian
Note:: Your tution fee will be cheap like 50% splash... If you suppose pay $4000 you will pay $2000....

Note: there is job in Russia but to have it is hard because the person that wanna employ you will ask for job permit.. if you go to the authority for job permit they will say have job first that's the little problem there.....

Also you can be self employed like doing your own business eg. Mini importation I know of a guy in voronezh he is from Nigeria he cooks and sell.....

If you know ur way u make it in Russia....

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
I want to go for BSc

moradeke42109:
What is your budget? preferred choice of country/rieswhat's skill and profession do you haveyou should give out needed information that will help you to get the needed advice and recommendations.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2020
Wow thanks this is AWESOME and BRILLIANT !!!

sweetmelanin:
The problem with Nigerians (or the black man in general), is our inability to think outside the box.. life is not all about accumulating degrees and hustling in UK, Canada or USA.
.. we chase money & flashy things to the detriment of peace of mind, without considering if we may achieve happiness by living modestly in a country that isn't necessarily in the West.

Consider other African countries like Rwanda, Gambia & Mauritius .. these are fairly successful African nations.
or
South American countries like Colombia, Brazil etc where one can still find jobs in the developed areas of town.
or
go set up businesses in Caribbean countries where tourism is thriving!

Since our country has failed us, let's learn to think outside the box!

Do you know a taxi driver in Bahamas has a better quality of life than a banker in Lagos?
Do you know that thousands of educated African-Americans are relocating to Salvador, Brazil in search of a better, happy and more fulfilled life?

Think outside the box people.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
I will need to start my research on Brazil. Thanks

tensazangetsu20:

Rwanda and Gambia are shitholes. Very high unemployment rates and very high numbers of very poor people for any business to make sense. Brazil is fucking underrated men. That's the USA of south America. String economy that is rapidly growing. A very large population and good infrastructure with a government that cares for its citizens. It can also be used as a stepping stone to a better place.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
Thank You very much for your contributions, Please if you have more ideas, kindly drop them for me and other people whom this thread might also be useful to.
As we all plan to leave Nigeria may we not find ourselves in another Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
But can i work there?, I heard corruption is worsening that country and most of it's citizens are fleeing to Poland.

lascos912:
there are many Nigerias in Ukraine they even go there to study

3 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Dollywood(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
mechoau:

I love your sense of reasoning, I must confess that you sound so brilliant, intelligent, bright upstairs with lots of brain

You'd never say the same if she's dude.

9 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Lotusflowerbomb: 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
kevwemanuel:

Visit the General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 here on travel section and GRE thread in education section. Read it from the beginning to the end, you will know what to do.

But the summary is:
1) Prepare for GRE like your life depends on it. Make sure you get a good score. It's a maths and English exam. It costs circa $200

2)Prepare for TOEFL and get a good score. It's an English exam. It costs circa $200

3) Learn how to write a personal statement.

4) Research for US schools that meet your needs and apply to as many schools in the US as you can. I recommend you apply to 3 schools. Each application costs between $50 to $80. I also recommend you target PhD programs because they give you full funding plus monthly stipends automatically the moment you get admitted. And you can apply to PhD with only BSc.

5)Get admission, pay your SEVIS fee, I think it's circa $200 and Visa fee.

6) Prepare and go for your visa interview and succeed.

7)Book your flight to the US.

NB: Don't fail to go to the US students thread I recommended earlier and the GRE thread in education section. Also make sure you have your transcript with you, and have 2 to 3 of your undergraduate lecturers that are willing to write an amazing recommendation letter for you.
This cannot work for everyone. This method is only for those who made excellent or close to excellent CGPA's. If you had poor 2.2 or 3rd class and have work experience, I will advise you not to waste your time, go via work permit route. Poland is doing wonders in this aspect.

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Lotusflowerbomb: 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
roteblomen:

Well, its all about mindset. How about start freelancing on fiveer.com? Or cashing out on your skills by displaying it on social media as a side job (eg photograph)? Also, utilise sites workawayer.info, volunteer and get some free accommodation and food, with social circle of course to easily integrate into any country you find yourself?

When I was in college, I toured the world with almost nothing. From hitch hiking, and volunteering for food and housing? Of course I could afford that, but the experience was all I was after. And the people you would meet would most likely be wonderful non materialistic folks. But hey, I understand. My reality as a European is different from a Nigerian, though, you may pick one or two things out of it.
Wait! You aren't Nigerian? I read your post thinking you were Nigerian until I reached the European part. So what's your interest in Nigeria, if you don't mind me asking?

3 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
Lotusflowerbomb:
Wait! You aren't Nigerian? I read your post thinking you were Nigerian until I reached the European part. So what's your interest in Nigeria, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm both.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Venquire: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
kevwemanuel:

As a graduate you don't need to write SAT, you can only write GRE. But your CGPA is low so it might be very difficult for you to get fully funded.

You can state your skills and/or profession, preferred destination and your travel budget to get a better advice.

Geology
Travel budget is 2M

Is it possible to get a visa for a short term course like 3D Animation in a foreign school?

Preferred destination: Schengen area.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Pouweh(f): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
op Asia is also a good place to study with low tuition, we have country like south Korea, Vietnam, Japan etc
me and planning on applying for a scholarship in south korea in an art university.
you can check universities in south Korea,its a nice place.

PS the world is big enough to put a smile on our faces

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2020
Okay, thanks I will check Korea !!

Pouweh:
op Asia is also a good place to study with low tuition, we have country like south Korea, Vietnam, Japan etc
me and planning on applying for a scholarship in south korea in an art university.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by demanuel(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
roteblomen:

You and sense na five and six. A smart comment.

I actually felt more fulfilled in non-western countries and I live in the west. The west is just for materialistic people. If you want money, career, and a sense of security, then yes, the west is for you. But if you want more to life, a crazy entrepreneur that values human relationship in addition to the money making, good weather devoid of winter darkness and cold folks, want to walk down the streets and see people filled with approachable demeanor and just having fun, then the west will hardly be that place.

Personally, my strategy was to build a business that will fund my lifestyle as an upper class anywhere I am on earth, and leave to explore new fertile ground where I'll have a feeling of contentment towards life, and not just a cash making machine, and I achieved that. South America is really nice, especially colombia, Panama and Brazil. If one have money, those places are heaven on earth.

Many of my friends moved there after college, and they wished they did they did that earlier. It is after when one has reached the pinnacle of their financial freedom, then they would want more to life, not just stability. Thats boring.
Please can you mention countries that's best suited in that regard? @ bolded

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
roteblomen:

Usa, Canada and UK, I can never live. Maybe Australia sha. For UK, its too small and crowded, cold and rainy, and damn expensive especially London. Canada is too damn cold and too damn big. Canada is bigger than Nigeria x11, with the population of Lagos and Kano. Visiting your friends is hell, too boring. I have a friend that migrated there but ran back to Germany. Can't stand it.

As for usa, well, lets just say I'll prefer to live in ghana than live there. Gun problem, racism, politics, copotocracy, poisonous foods, and debt ridden lifestyle. Mehn, who wants that?

Australia is the best in those options.
you're gonna ignore Asia
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
Pouweh:

you could also check Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, everyone knows to ignore North Korea, Indonesia

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
demanuel:

Please can you mention countries that's best suited in that regard? @ bolded

South American countries, African countries (minus Nigeria), and to some extent, Asia.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
LuciferO:
you're gonna ignore Asia

Its easier to feel at home in a place where the people looks like you.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
roteblomen:

I'm both.
ok cool
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
roteblomen:

Its easier to feel at home in a place where the people looks like you.
that's sus, and understandable but the tuition there is pretty low

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bristow Helicopter From Port-Harcourt Goes Missing / 8 Amazing Locations To Hike In Nigeria And Their Heights / Irukera Seeks Probe Into Foreign Airlines ‘Predatory Pricing’ Against Air Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.