Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! (14674 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Brawlscartel(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
maternal:

North America has the biggest economy in the world. Stop your nonsense.

Chai see mumu
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by maternal: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Brawlscartel:

Chai see mumu

Show facts
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by ImDStar: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
I really want to build my career in this field, so I'd love to practice it even after migration. though I know it would require some certifications from my country of residency before I practice, I don't mind.
Any help from the house would be appreciated.

kevwemanuel:

It depends on why you want to travel. Is it to build your career as a civil engineer or just to leave Nigeria to a place where you can have a good and comfortable life with any legal job?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by ComputerWiz007: 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
ojonugway:

Please shed more light on this. I'm currently studying geography, will soon graduate. How can 1M take me to U.S
Hmmm..
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by ComputerWiz007: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
Nice
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2020
ComputerWiz007:
So there is no hope for a 2.2 grad in the US or Canada if one wants to do a masters.
There's hope if you're willing to sponsor yourself, and that doesn't come cheap.

However, there's always an exception to the rule, if you need funding, I'd advice you to research different schools and see if you could get lucky with your grade, especially if you can smatch the GRE and cover up other aspects of your application.

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 11:10pm On Nov 30, 2020
ImDStar:
I really want to build my career in this field, so I'd love to practice it even after migration. though I know it would require some certifications from my country of residency before I practice, I don't mind.
Any help from the house would be appreciated.

I think it's best you look at Western countries.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 12:35am On Dec 01, 2020
Guys what do you think about Sweden? How is their student visa denial rate ?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by ComputerWiz007: 12:43am On Dec 01, 2020
kevwemanuel:

There's hope if you're willing to sponsor yourself, and that doesn't come cheap.

However, there's always an exception to the rule, if you need funding, I'd advice you to research different schools and see if you could get lucky with your grade, especially if you can smatch the GRE and cover up other aspects of your application.
nice
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 3:19am On Dec 01, 2020
ComputerWiz007:
Can you help out please with schools I can apply with.. Canada and the US or Europe. I have the funds. But not too much all I want is just information. On schools I can apply with and start processing ASAP. Thanks

There are thousands of schools to apply to, you just have to do your research to know what perfectly fits you. You can send me a mail let me forward some US schools whose admission deadline falls within the next 3 months to you.

But remember that for most US schools, applying is a waste of time if you haven't written the GRE.

Europe is also a good option. Your budget should determine your choice of location. Germany, UK, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, France, Russia, etc. are popular locations with differing costs.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 3:59am On Dec 01, 2020
YourGrandfather:
Guys what do you think about Sweden? How is their student visa denial rate ?

Sweden is good. Denial rate is low, but you need to have or find a way to prepare a very fantastic POF. In addition, you'll pay tuition fee.

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by YourGrandfather: 4:01am On Dec 01, 2020
Thank You bro !

kevwemanuel:

Sweden is good. Denial rate is low, but you need to have or find a way to prepare a very fantastic POF. In addition, you'll pay tuition fee.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by ComputerWiz007: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
kevwemanuel:

There are thousands of schools to apply to, you just have to do your research to know what perfectly fits you. You can send me a mail on kevwemanuel@gmail.com let me forward some US schools whose admission deadline falls within the next 3 months to you.

But remember that for most US schools, applying is a waste of time if you haven't written the GRE.

Europe is also a good option. Your budget should determine your choice of location. Germany, UK, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, France, Russia, etc. are popular locations with differing costs.

Good dey bro.. I have sent a mail
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Goldbw122(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
kevwemanuel:

What is POF?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Talisha2018(f): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
Best post I've read on Nairaland in a longtime. Learnt 1 or 2 things from all your post on this thread. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

roteblomen:
Nigerians and follow follow. Does it always have to be Europe or the west in general? The world is so damn big, broaden your horizon, damn. There are even countries ive been to Africa and i was like man, I'm I still in my motherland ? So damn beautiful. Anytime i visit tropical countries, a sense of life awakes in me. And everytime I come back to Europe, it is like I have to tame my extrovertedness so I can integrate properly to western bland lifestyle.

Countries like Namibia, cape verde, and Botswana are far better than many countries in Europe. For example Namibians can enter the UK and Ireland without a visa, same with Canada before some refugee seeking idiots made the canadians government blocked it.

If you love nature, a country in Africa with lots of white folks and tourist from all corners of the wolrd come to explore, then it is Namibia. With a population of two million people occupying a landmass almost the size of Nigeria, to me, thats paradise. Who wouldn't want to be surrounded with widelife and watch NATgeo in live view ? In west Africa ?ecowas countries), I'll recommend Cape verde Ivory coast, far beautiful than Abuja with uninterrupted power supply, good roads, electricity, security and fast growing economies.

Widen your horizon abeg. The west is overrated.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Fidelismaria: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2020
kevwemanuel:

Good luck.

Bro, what can you tell me about migrating to new Zealand as a fresh graduate, to pursue a masters degree but also to have peace of mind?

Also how much is required? And the processes?

Thank you.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Fidelismaria: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2020
Goldbw122:

What is POF?

Proof of fund
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by James4bright(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2020
kevwemanuel:

If you have up to #6 million you can target Norway. You don't pay tuition fees, but you'll need over #5milla for living expenses. A similar thing applies to Germany, but you will need your 100level Nigeria University transcript for Germany, which I guess you don't have.

You can also look at Russia. I think you'll see schools that require less than #1million for tuition.

You are avoiding USA, if not you can write SAT, blast the exam and get fully funded.

You can also visit the Canada thread on Nairaland to see if you can get cheap schools there.

If you can learn Portuguese, you can get a free education in Brazil, and I think Uruguay (Spanish).

You are looking for countries that are big and are not "shitholes", if not I would have recommended some Asia countries where school fees is cheap and you can be working.

So go through this list and make a decision.

All the best.

Do you know any fully funded scholarship to Canada?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by faithugo64(f): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2020
sweetmelanin:

The West is definitely not a place one can find 'fulfillment'. It's cold, dark & gloomy over here .. the streets are quiet asf and people mind their business .. well, until it's time to call the police.. but that's story for another day grin

However one thing you are guaranteed is COMFORT .. that is, if you work smart and surround yourself with the right people.

My point is:
If you're looking for freedom and a full life, try any other developed country where majority of the population are people of colour...
But if you want easy access to jobs and financial security then 'the West' is your best bet.. however, be prepared to die of boredom esp in countries like Canada and Russia.

Having grown up in the UK myself, I know the ins and outs of this country and as much as I would choose the UK over Nigeria ten times over, I can't help but wonder if there are other places in this world where one can achieve a healthy balance of the two; the security, comfort and wealth of the West but the culture, fun and community lifestyle of the motherland. South America I guess
Good morning dear, I sent you a PM
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2020
James4bright:

1 Like

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by beautyuche: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2020
kevwemanuel:

Visit the General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 here on travel section and GRE thread in education section. Read it from the beginning to the end, you will know what to do.

But the summary is:
1) Prepare for GRE like your life depends on it. Make sure you get a good score. It's a maths and English exam. It costs circa $200

2)Prepare for TOEFL and get a good score. It's an English exam. It costs circa $200

3) Learn how to write a personal statement.

4) Research for US schools that meet your needs and apply to as many schools in the US as you can. I recommend you apply to 3 schools. Each application costs between $50 to $80. I also recommend you target PhD programs because they give you full funding plus monthly stipends automatically the moment you get admitted. And you can apply to PhD with only BSc.

5)Get admission, pay your SEVIS fee, I think it's circa $200 and Visa fee.

6) Prepare and go for your visa interview and succeed.

7)Book your flight to the US.

NB: Don't fail to go to the US students thread I recommended earlier and the GRE thread in education section. Also make sure you have your transcript with you, and have 2 to 3 of your undergraduate lecturers that are willing to write an amazing recommendation letter for you.

Thanks a lot.
Good advice. Please for PHD THe procedure is same?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Papideeee: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
Even with 2.2?
kevwemanuel:
What's your qualification and class of degree?
If you have a BSc and you can raise #1million naira (this includes your flight ticket money), there's big hope for you in the US.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Papideeee: 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
PLEASE HELP ME TOO

I finished with 2.2 in engineering and I have 3m saved up. Which country/countries do you think I should focus on to do masters in IT, and also get a job to keep me when I run out of funds and can also stay back after my masters for better life. Suggestions please
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
beautyuche:

Thanks a lot.
Good advice. Please for PHD THe procedure is same?

This advice is even more suitable for PhD since admission in over 95% of cases comes with full funding. For MSc, full funding's chance is as low as 40% and the funny thing is that the qualifications you need for MSc are exactly the same with that for PhD. So I always advice folks to go for PhD instead of MSc, except you have phobia for reading.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
Papideeee:
Even with 2.2?
It's best I say NO for 2,2
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Papideeee:
PLEASE HELP ME TOO

I finished with 2.2 in engineering and I have 3m saved up. Which country/countries do you think I should focus on to do masters in IT, and also get a job to keep me when I run out of funds and can also stay back after my masters for better life. Suggestions please

With your 3million, I'd suggest you shoot a shot at Sweden (if you can provide good POF) or Russia in Europe. If there's anyway you can double that cash, you can shoot for Norway or Germany. Some cheap schools in Canada may also be feasible for you, you just have to look at the right places.

If you like Asia, you can shoot for South Korea. If you want to have some change with you, you can shoot for Thailand.

If you like Africa, you'll be amazed at how much IT knowledge and a sane environment you can get from Rwanda, and if you are willing to set up a business there (maybe IT dependent), PR is easy to get.

5 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Papideeee: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
kevwemanuel:

With your 3million, I'd suggest you shoot a shot at Sweden (if you can provide good POF) or Russia in Europe. If there's anyway you can double that cash, you can shoot for Norway or Germany. Some cheap schools in Canada may also be feasible for you, you just have to look at the right places.

If you like Asia, you can shoot for South Korea. If you want to have some change with you, you can shoot for Thailand.

If you like Africa, you'll be amazed at how much IT knowledge and a sane environment you can get from Rwanda, and if you are willing to set up a business there (maybe IT dependent), PR is easy to get.

Thank you. I would look into Sweden and Russia
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Bro, what can you tell me about migrating to new Zealand as a fresh graduate, to pursue a masters degree but also to have peace of mind?

Also how much is required? And the processes?

Thank you.
I'd encourage you to search out the New Zealand thread in this travel section and get all the knowledge you seek. But Newzealand is a top-notch destination if you want a sane developed environment combined with a great weather.

However, I must warm you that MSc in Newzealand is damn expensive. It costs over #8million naira per year,and you will pay this twice for 2 years. This is besides your living expenses. Scholarships are available, but very limited and competitive. Newzealand/Australia are in a league of their own.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by kevwemanuel: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
James4bright:

Most schools give fully funded scholarships for research masters and PhD. Shoot your shots directly to the schools. Of course, you should know that your application must be top-notch to get such an offer.
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by GreatMage: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2020
kevwemanuel:

This advice is even more suitable for PhD since admission in over 95% of cases comes with full funding. For MSc, full funding's chance is as low as 40% and the funny thing is that the qualifications you need for MSc are exactly the same with that for PhD. So I always advice folks to go for PhD instead of MSc, except you have phobia for reading.

Can a person do PhD without masters?

Just with a bachelor's degree?
Re: Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!! by Fidelismaria: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2020
kevwemanuel:

I'd encourage you to search out the New Zealand thread in this travel section and get all the knowledge you seek. But Newzealand is a top-notch destination if you want a sane developed environment combined with a great weather.

However, I must warm you that MSc in Newzealand is damn expensive. It costs over #8million naira per year,and you will pay this twice for 2 years. This is besides your living expenses. Scholarships are available, but very limited and competitive. Newzealand/Australia are in a league of their own.

OMG

So one has to have a minimum of 20million to study masters in NZ?

DAMN

That's really expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bristow Helicopter From Port-Harcourt Goes Missing / 8 Amazing Locations To Hike In Nigeria And Their Heights / My Experience Travelling With United Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.