Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly (58899 Views)

Lagos Teacher, Taiwo Ojo, Arrested For Defiling A Senior Secondary Student / Lagos Teacher Removed My Nephew's Tooth & Threatened Him. Help! (Photos) / Port-Harcourt Teacher Beats 11-Year-Old Special-Needs Student (Disturbing Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by ENGBOS(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2020
This sad,i know this kid personally and justice must be serve,make we no just see am ni o,cause boys dey para,blood dey boil
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by PrinceMajestic: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2020
What pains me more is that some idiots including the stupid brother doesn't see anything wrong with school mgt role in murder of the boy. They kept in school till 5pm to allow the culprit escape, they lied he slumped and died but the stupid brother only wants the killer brought to book and not the school mgt for their role. Stupid brother, This life you're on your own. If you get killed your family won't do much but forget you too soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Humanoid01(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2020
capitalzero:

When will ask people to do autopsy for suspicious death of their relatives, they will quickly rush to do burials citing religious and superstitious reasons.
The boy has been buried, no evidence he was beating to death. No video or picture of teacher beating him.
To know the truth, body must be exhumed for autopsy!!!!
Then why is the teacher on the run?
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Sleekfun: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2020
First Sue the school for been an accomplish of murder , then they will provide Mr Emma, make sure the brother ( your witness ) are in a secured place to testify to the storey as a witness in court, get as many witnesses as possible . Thank me latter . May the Soul of the departed Rest in Peace . Amen .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Oracleforce: 8:58am On Nov 28, 2020
EBMedia:
School Teacher On The Run After Beating His Student To Death In Lagos (Photos)

A Nigerian man, Ridwan Oyewunmi, has called on Nigerians on social media to help him get justice after a school teacher who is currently on the run, allegedly beat his younger brother, Boluwatife Omelaja, to death at a school in Ikorodu, Lagos state on Thursday, November 26, IgbereTV reports.

In a Twitter thread, the distraught brother said the teacher beat Omelaja because he couldn’t answer a question.

His tweets read:

https://twitter.com/RidwanOyewunmi/status/1332369684356886533?s=19

I remember when I was a coper in one of these secondary schools in Bayelsa state...I operated no flogging policy....i no want wahala....
I don't care if those students what I was teaching or not, my own is to pass the knowledge in my own unique way and leave their classes when my period ends....

The teacher will face murder case if arrest....
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2020
Most mathematics teachers are heartless, I have a Mark on my body, from my primary school mathematics teacher.
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2020
That school has become history already.

and for the murderer, u have only few days left to live - iku ni èrè èsè (death is the reward for this ur offense).

for the lil boy, may your young soul RIP... cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Rugh8: 9:06am On Nov 28, 2020
The teacher put on the problem of this year for the pikin head,wahala dey for this year
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by chibuike57183: 9:07am On Nov 28, 2020
The teacher be like who dey take colo.
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by authority2006(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2020
dollytino4real:
was dat boy ok health wise b4 dey pushed him to school? because is it rod the teacher used in beating him

You read the part that said he was healthy before leaving the house.
You equally read the part that said his brother was detained at the school so that their plan could work.
Thirdly, he could have given him fatal blow or kick, the method of beating wasn't specified.

But my own concern is that why would the school management play such a cover up role and even gave the suspect ample time to beat the arrest? They're now culprits too
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by pps1759(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2020
EBMedia:
School Teacher On The Run After Beating His Student To Death In Lagos (Photos)

A Nigerian man, Ridwan Oyewunmi, has called on Nigerians on social media to help him get justice after a school teacher who is currently on the run, allegedly beat his younger brother, Boluwatife Omelaja, to death at a school in Ikorodu, Lagos state on Thursday, November 26, IgbereTV reports.

In a Twitter thread, the distraught brother said the teacher beat Omelaja because he couldn’t answer a question.

His tweets read:

https://twitter.com/RidwanOyewunmi/status/1332369684356886533?s=19
You mean he was buried just like that..
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by authority2006(m): 9:15am On Nov 28, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
What pains me more is that some idiots including the stupid brother doesn't see anything wrong with school mgt role in murder of the boy. They kept in school till 5pm to allow the culprit escape, they lied he slumped and died but the stupid brother only wants the killer brought to book and not the school mgt for their role. Stupid brother, This life you're on your own. If you get killed your family won't do much but forget you too soon

I think he's ignorant. I noticed that too
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Drizzy5001(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2020
They made a big mistake, autopsy should have been carried out on the body , before burial, and why did they take the boy home instead of hospital?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by bnovative(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2020
Who certified the boy to be clinically dead?
Nawa!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by rachytenny2(f): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2020
An autopsy should have been carried out before he was buried. That would have served as evidence. The reason the teacher is on the run is suspicious as well...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by fujirice: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2020
I blame the school authorities for not taking the boy to the hospital and calling the family members to come to the hospital.
I don’t understand the kind of beating that will lead to someone’s death without visible marks on the person’s body. For them to have to wait for someone to tell them the boy was beaten to death raises an eyebrow!
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by fujirice: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
rachytenny2:
An autopsy should have been carried out before he was buried. That would have served as evidence. The reason the teacher is on the run is suspicious as well...
If you are the one, won’t you go into hiding too?
I suggest he just turn himself to the nearest police station

1 Like

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Erojepromise(f): 9:21am On Nov 28, 2020
now what proof do you have to sue the school for your brother's death, no video,no autopsy, or Medical report showing grievous bodily harm. on which basis would you get the teacher arrested?. corporal punishment should be banned
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Drizzy5001(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2020
lekki1444:
ipob teacher done kee afonja student in ikorodu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by pps1759(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2020
Coldie:
Only God knows the reason why flogging in schools is still legal in Africa
And you think police can enforce law without gun. Am a mathematics teacher with a private school and I can relate to whatever happen before the flogging begin. Such student might be the type disturbing the teaching(not paying attention and not allow others) , still telling the teacher I don't understand. Though am not justifying beating
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Myhusband(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2020
with the maths he sabi no be classroom he dey? make street guys no sight him, paste his picture as wanted in all streets in Lagos and let boys fetch him out for you, I trust them to kill him alive

what nonsense
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Hallabee1(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2020
capitalzero:

When will ask people to do autopsy for suspicious death of their relatives, they will quickly rush to do burials citing religious and superstitious reasons.
The boy has been buried, no evidence he was beating to death. No video or picture of teacher beating him.
To know the truth, body must be exhumed for autopsy!!!!
you are right bro... what if something else happened before hr was beating ...?
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by lekki1444: 9:33am On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Asianjollof007: 9:34am On Nov 28, 2020
The way teachers dey brutalize pupil for naija is sth else, like say school na war zone.

One stupid guy nearly killed me that time for secondary school, omoh he wan kill us.

If i born and one werey teacher beat my pikin anyhow ehn, even the head-teacher no go fit separate us.
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Hallabee1(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2020
i was once a maths teacher in PH, that subject is very difficult to teach in terms of student understanding you...how will you ask a student 2+2=? , there answer will be 22...when we are not in university where you asked to prove....

RIP to him, autopsy need to be done to know the curse
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2020
That is why it is very necessary that teachers take child psychology courses.

A well trained teacher should understand that not every student can easily grasp mathematics.
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by ikorodureporta: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2020
weed-smoking teacher
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Starzo: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2020
doggedfighter:
Tragedy has befallen this teacher and his student.

I am still trying to imagine how a parent sends a child to school in the morning.

In the afternoon the body is brought back
You just opened the ground and dump the body there . No rushing to the hospital at all.

Religion is insanity.
specify pls
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Damian10(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2020
maths teacher been mark me dat yr like Virgil Van dijk walai...but i suggest proper investigation be carrie out, Emma's demise might have being as a result of medical complication who knows. but if the student testifies that Emma was beating brutally then oga maths teacher must go down....RIP Emma
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Jidibia(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Lies.... even if they prevented the deceased brother, what about other students in the class? Or was it him and his brother that were in the class when when he was beaten to death?
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2020
mightyhazel:
not so smart kids can be a real big pain in the ass.. but the teacher would have exercised restraint.. too bad

RIP kid.
Every kid is smart just that it boils down to the subject. Most teachers in private schools are not trained teachers, it is because there are no jobs so some graduates just go for teaching in private schools and they don't really know child psychology. A trained teacher like someone who major in edu or went to teacher training college will not act that way. A teacher once kicked my 10 years old daughter in the chest just because she was talking to her friend, when she reported to me, I confronted the teacher and gave him the warning of his life. The teacher that killed this young boy should be locates and punished as well as the school itself. I am angry right.
Re: Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly by ShaneGuillory(m): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2020
What exactly do you mean by " if the report is anywhere near truth ? Are you dumb, stupid or dumb ? Who the heck will bring up rumors of his or her siblings death on social media for nothing. I been reading some of y'all comment for many years and I wonder why majority of y'all lack common sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers / JAMB Exam Hall In 1999 And 2014, Which Do You Prefer? / "My Students Don't Have Dirty Pervert Minds" - Viral Curvy Teacher Fumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.