Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Kidnapped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Kidnapped (935 Views)

Austin Tam-George's Mother Kidnapped In Rivers / Samson Siasia's Mother Kidnapped - / Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Kidnapped by nykee(f): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
• Tuggar
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Four suspected kidnappers have stormed the country home of business mogul come politician, Jimoh Ibrahim, in Igbotako, Ondo State, and abducted his 65-year-old mother, Mrs. Mafe Jimoh. The hoodlums were said to be armed with dangerous weapons such as guns and cutlasses.

It was gathered that the gunmen arrived the house, a one-storey building located in the outskirts of the town about 8.00pm and acted to be customers who wanted to buy some locally made mats, which the woman was selling.
The night guard on duty told journalists on Monday at Igbotako that the old woman was upstairs when the kidnappers arrived.

The guard, simply identified as Donatus Ekuma, said the four men came in a vehicle while two of them came down from the car and requested to see Mama.
According to him, the men claimed to be mama’s customers and that they wanted to buy some mats.
Ekuma said: “I told them that Mama was resting upstairs but they insisted on seeing her personally and make their purchase and I obliged them.

“The story changed when the old woman came out to meet her ‘customers’ only to be held with force and dragged into their waiting vehicle. “I immediately raised the alarm but the gunmen pointed their guns at me and other domestic staff on duty, ordering us to lie face-down”

The spokesman of the state police command, Mr. Aremu Adeniran, who confirmed the development to Daily Sun, said the incident was reported at the Igbotako Police Station about 11.30pm, on Sunday night.
Aremu, however, said his men had commenced full investigation into the matter to ensure that the woman was released unharmed.
Daily Sun gathered that the driver of the 65-year old woman was sent on an errand when the incident happened, and that he did not go with the car.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim's Mother Kidnapped by mukina2: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2011

(1)

2 Men Caught With Human Head In Osogbo / Man Caught Having Sex With A Sheep In Ebonyi. / Man Kills Wife For Having Sex With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.